dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Very cheap….

That’s about as bad as when Orton said Eddie Guerrero is rotting in hell.

I never like when wrestlers go that low trying to get heat from the crowd.
Shit I'm today years old knowing his dad is Luke Perry....wow. Even looks like him...yeah I mean at times I can get behind it...I never like it or understand why go that low......but it seems its rarely worth it IMO.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Very cheap….

That’s about as bad as when Orton said Eddie Guerrero is rotting in hell.

I never like when wrestlers go that low trying to get heat from the crowd.
Between this and what Paige said about Charlotte Flair's brother... Has there ever been a point when a wrestler said back-stage "No. I'm not saying that"?

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some dream matches that I would like to see that we have not gotten yet with the current AEW roster. NJPW talent is also included. Probably unrealistic that all these matches will happen but TK has a wealth of matches he can go to.

Omega x Punk
Omega x Danielson 2
Omega x Ibushi 2
Omega x Ospreay
Omega x Okada IV
Omega x Cole
Omega x White
Omega x Joe
Omega x Takagi

Danielson x Okada
Danielson x Punk
Danielson x ZSJ
Danielson x Takagi

Punk x Naito
Punk x Okada
Punk x Tanahashi
Punk x Moxley
Punk x White
Punk x Ospreay

MJF x Naito
MJF x White

Moxley x Okada
Moxley x Page
Moxley x Takagi

Joe x Danielson
Joe x Punk

Miro x Wardlow
Miro x Keith Lee

Keith Lee x Page

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is actually pretty honorable of Kenny. Despite Cody going back to WWE he was an integral part in the development of AEW. You can't erase that history.

I don't think its honorable...not saying they need Cody to sell the game but I mean he is/was one of their most recognizable wrestlers....makes plenty of sense to put him in there business wise.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think its honorable...not saying they need Cody to sell the game but I mean he is/was one of their most recognizable wrestlers....makes plenty of sense to put him in there business wise.

I just think it's cool because Kenny's not being petty about it. He could've easily cut Cody out of the game but didn't want to because Cody had a role in developing the promotion. Doesn't matter how recognizable he was. Petty is petty.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just think it's cool because Kenny's not being petty about it. He could've easily cut Cody out of the game but didn't want to because Cody had a role in developing the promotion. Doesn't matter how recognizable he was. Petty is petty.

Look at it this way; What would have Vince/WWE done?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Look at it this way; What would have Vince/WWE done?
Vince would’ve put that muthafucka in that game regardless lol….I haven’t played it yet but isn’t Keith Lee and others still in there?

Taking him out the gsme wouldn’t have been petty in my eyes. It would make sense.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just don't see her going to AEW to be a Baddie, playing second fiddle to someone who isn't near the star nor performer she is.
She elevates Jade, Mercedes = Ric Flair Jade = Lex Luger Red/Keira = Arn/Tully. When they are ready to babyface Jade, Sasha will lead the attack and bring in Trinity to turn on her.
Why would she go to AEW though, especially if she has a lane outside of wrestling?

Fan booking/wishing aside, there is no reason for her to go to AEW if she wants to continue being a star.

Yes, she's wasn't used well these last few months in WWE, but she was still a top star in the the most popular wrestling company.

I just don't see why she would go to AEW as it would be a step back for her, especially if she's brought in to help build up Jade and others.

No way Sasha goes to AEW. Top 5/10 greatest women's matches of all time, Banks is in more of them than anyone else. 'E fucked her over so much. Charlotte, Rick Flairs daughter so she got a bigger push. Now fans are rebelling. Nia Jax broke Becky's nose to make her The Man. She can't replicate the heat she had before she went away. Sasha has consistently been hot. Never been great on the mic but in-ring she's gone against and had great matches with everyone. Gave Rhonda her best match ever. None of the 4 Horsewomen have the crossover appeal Banks has.

There's so many ways outside of wrestling to make money. Banks is an attractive, young, Black/Latina woman. She can get acting roles here and there. Make a youtube/twitch channel. Host some shit. She def doesn't need wrestling but in 5+ years she can come back bigger than ever.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vince would’ve put that muthafucka in that game regardless lol….I haven’t played it yet but isn’t Keith Lee and others still in there?

Taking him out the gsme wouldn’t have been petty in my eyes. It would make sense.
Yes, WWE still included in their newest video game, Keith Lee and others that have been released and gone elsewhere.
It would have been easy for them to just cut their character from the game. Hell, that can be done in an update even after the game is released.
At the end of the day, it's about what's best for business and not what's "honorable".

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door Predictions

Interim AEW World Championship - Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi:
Moxley wins here. The G1 Climax tournament is right around the corner so it wouldn't make much sense to put the belt on Tanahashi for him to disappear back to Japan for two months. Moxley being champ would also open up some quality matches against Page, Joe, Miro, and Cole.

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. “Hangman” Adam Page vs. Adam Cole: White literally just won the title a couple weeks ago. Don't see them taking the belt off of him this quick. White retains. Cole or Page eats the pin.

AEW All-Atlantic Championship - Pac vs. Miro vs. Malakai Black vs. Clark Connors:
This is pretty much set up for Miro to win. He can have a nice reign with the belt and defend it in both AEW and New Japan. It gives him something to do while he waits his turn for the world title.

IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championship - Will Ospreay (c) vs. Orange Cassidy: If anything this will serve as reminder that Cassidy can wrestle despite his gimmick. Ospreay is one of the best in the business right now so there's no way this match isn't a banger. Ospreay retains.

ROH and IWGP World Tag Team unification match - FTR (ROH) vs. United Empire (IWGP) vs. Roppongi Vice: This is the year of FTR so I see them winning here setting up a third match with the Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Championship. New IWGP World Tag Team Champs. FTR.

AEW World Women’s Championship - Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Toni Storm:
Too bad they couldn't get any of the Stardom women to be apart of this show. I would've loved to see Rosa go against Azumi, Mayu Iwatani or Starlight Kid. Toni Storm is decent but she's not winning here. Rosa retains.

Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, and Minoru Suzuki vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta, and Shota Umino (Winner gets the advantage for Blood and Guts next Wednesday):
I like the team of Jericho, Guevara and Suzuki here. Interesting combination. Suzuki won't be competing in the G1 Climax so he'll probably remain in the states and be available for Blood And Guts.

The Young Bucks and El Phantasmo vs. Sting, Darby Allin, and Shingo Takagi:
It's a Young Bucks match so you know they're going to bring it. This might end up being one of the best matches on the card.

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Mystery opponent picked by Bryan Danielson: The mystery opponent will probably be Cesario (Claudio) and unfortunately for him he won't be winning this match. It wouldn't make much sense for ZSJ to lose here if they're building a dream match between him and Danielson down the road.

Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee vs. Suzuki-gun:
Suzuki-gun wins after Swerve turns on Lee. This then sets up the feud between Strickland and Lee going forward.

QT Marshall and Aaron Solo vs. Bishamon:
I know this is a buy-in match but they could've left this one off the card.

Gunn Clubb and Max Caster vs. Yuya Uemura, Alex Coughlin, The DKC, and Kevin Knight:
Another match they could've left off the card.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, WWE still included in their newest video game, Keith Lee and others that have been released and gone elsewhere.
It would have been easy for them to just cut their character from the game. Hell, that can be done in an update even after the game is released.
At the end of the day, it's about what's best for business and not what's "honorable".

Right and like I said earlier....I'm not gonna say they need Cody's "star" power but to have a WWE wrestler in their game is a business move more than its honorable.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've heard they've gone WAY over budget on that video game. Like double the original budget. And ol' Kenny is the one driving up the costs.
That game better be the greatest wrestling video game of all time when it comes out in order to justify those costs.

If true, I don't understand the plan here. Do they think the game is going to bring more eyes to the AEW product?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No way Sasha goes to AEW. Top 5/10 greatest women's matches of all time, Banks is in more of them than anyone else. 'E fucked her over so much. Charlotte, Rick Flairs daughter so she got a bigger push. Now fans are rebelling. Nia Jax broke Becky's nose to make her The Man. She can't replicate the heat she had before she went away. Sasha has consistently been hot. Never been great on the mic but in-ring she's gone against and had great matches with everyone. Gave Rhonda her best match ever. None of the 4 Horsewomen have the crossover appeal Banks has.

There's so many ways outside of wrestling to make money. Banks is an attractive, young, Black/Latina woman. She can get acting roles here and there. Make a youtube/twitch channel. Host some shit. She def doesn't need wrestling but in 5+ years she can come back bigger than ever.
Yeah I've always felt that when Sasha was done with WWE she was done with Wrestling. Sky's the limit for her outside of the ring.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No. It's another case of AEW catering to the markiest of the marks. Just like this PPV tonight.

I didn't realize the markiest of the marks only bought wrestling video games. It can't be because Kenny wants to deliver a great wrestling game (as that takes time) it has to be because he's catering to the marks.

datboi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:lol: Exactly. They've been making wrestling video games since the first Nintendo came out and '87 yet it's something that appeals only to the marks.
Before that, there was a wrestling game I used to play on the Commodore 64 on a floppy disk, got damn I'm old