Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And the way you do that is by delivering the best possible wrestling game. If the game sucks then nobody's going to play it. II's as simple as that. Kenny is trying to make sure the game is as good as it can be. Building a wrestling game from scratch from the ground up takes time. It does nobody any good if the game is trash.

Why wouldn't it cater to AEW fans? It's an AEW wrestling video game. If the game is good and it gets good reviews then people outside of AEW fandom will buy it and play it. Let's actually wait until the game comes out before we start making snap judgments.

I'm not a basketball fan. No matter how good 2K is its never going to make me purchase or invest in a season of basketball

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not a basketball fan. No matter how good 2K is its never going to make me purchase or invest in a season of basketball

2K wouldn't care about that. All they want you to do is buy the video game. That's profit. If you're not into it no matter what then there's nothing they can do about that. For example I'm not into first person shooter games so no matter how good a "Call of Duty" game is I'm not going to play it. The point I was making is if your video game sucks then that does nobody any good because nobody is going to play it. The metrics of making a good video game are important. It takes time and money.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is why I always give TK the benefit of the doubt. He's not petty toward WWE. He honestly wants to work with them. I wish Vince had the same attitude.

What reason would he have to be petty towards WWE? Well, actually they never mention WWE by name on the air so that's debatable.
In business the #1 company never acknowledges #2 or #3, etc. But the #2 company always talks about #1 in hopes of becoming #1.
It's why in the fast food business, Burger King and Wendy's are always mentioning McDonald's in their ads, but McDonald's never mentions them in their ads. There's no reason for the #1 company to acknowledge their completion.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
What reason would he have to be petty towards WWE? Well, actually they never mention WWE by name on the air so that's debatable.
In business the #1 company never acknowledges #2 or #3, etc. But the #2 company always talks about #1 in hopes of becoming #1.
It's why in the fast food business, Burger King and Wendy's are always mentioning McDonald's in their ads, but McDonald's never mentions them in their ads. There's no reason for the #1 company to acknowledge their completion.
@XXXplosive just ain't gonna give AEW credit for shit I see. :lol:

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2K wouldn't care about that. All they want you to do is buy the video game. That's profit. If you're not into it no matter what then there's nothing they can do about that. For example I'm not into first person shooter games so no matter how good a "Call of Duty" game is I'm not going to play it. The point I was making is if your video game sucks then that does nobody any good because nobody is going to play it. The metrics of making a good video game are important. It takes time and money.

You sound around my age. That's how it was for my generation. Nowadays people gladly fork over tons of cash for video games that are horrendous and pretend to love them for years

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The point I was making is if your video game sucks then that does nobody any good because nobody is going to play it. The metrics of making a good video game are important. It takes time and money.

Agreed. When game franchises are developed and marketed correctly, they can really generate alot of interest. When I was reading your reply, I thought about the likes of 2K, Fifa Soccer, NHL Hockey, Madden Football, etc. There's a shitload of people around the world that have loved those games ... who don't actually watch the sports themselves, and many have never even played basketball, soccer, hockey or football.

I remember all the kids in high school and college who were playing the games who were NON-athletes and didn't participate in school team or league / rec sports OR watch the games on TV. It was an eye-opener.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sound around my age. That's how it was for my generation. Nowadays people gladly fork over tons of cash for video games that are horrendous and pretend to love them for years
Co-sign. I love all the COD fanboys who every fall talk bout the new game, trash it, but yet continue to buy into the franchise. Dumbest shit ever IMO. I literally only buy titles that I have enjoyed since childhood. Final fantasy? Will purchase. Mega man? Yup. God of war? Yup. Everything g else I’ll watch a video on it. Or cop it years later when it’s dirt cheap. Mofos buy stuff to keep up with their friends.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Miro speaking facts!

He's not wrong. I don't totally Blame Sammy though, that Championship has been booked pretty shitty with the way they played hot potato with it.

Now with the new Midcard title they have, I wonder if the TNT will take a backseat. Honestly think it should, it's the belt Cody introduced and it has been passed around like Sunny in the mid 90s WWF lockeroom.

The new title is a nicer looking belt anyways.