~~Miami Heat vs San Antonio - 2013 NBA Finals - The Miami Heat wins!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
1016072_10151608642258463_879947568_n.jpg

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
I think the rest is history or Bron

If he wins next there that 3 chips in 4 straight finals... He will real off 4 straight in 5 appearances with Miami

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
I think the rest is history or Bron

If he wins next there that 3 chips in 4 straight finals... He will real off 4 straight in 5 appearances with Miami

Wasn't that the purpose of puttin' this squad together?

Niggas put three of the very best players in the game together, in their primes, and they remained healthy ENOUGH.

You niggas have GOD on your side. Why your team the only one healthy? Bulls? Damaged goods. OKC? Damaged goods. Lakers? Damaged goods.

Am I saying Miami wouldn't win, anyway? I couldn't predict that no more than anyone else ...

...but it's very hard to challenge Miami for chips when the most talented teams can't stay healthy.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Ray Allen's 3 had more impact on one player's career than anything I can remember in any other sport. If he misses that shot, Lebron gets murdered in the media for the late game turnovers and going 1-3 in the finals. But Ray hits the 3 and game 7 happens and lebron has pretty much the best game 7 you could ask...even hitting the shot that sealed it... irony

Every great player needs their Robert Horry/Steve Kerr shooter to bail them out once in a while.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Niggas put three of the very best players in the game together, in their primes, and they remained healthy ENOUGH.

You niggas have GOD on your side. Why your team the only one healthy? Bulls? Damaged goods. OKC? Damaged goods. Lakers? Damaged goods.

Am I saying Miami wouldn't win, anyway? I couldn't predict that no more than anyone else ...

...but it's very hard to challenge Miami for chips when the most talented teams can't stay healthy.

Wade wasn't healthy all playoffs bruh

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered

i already gave my reasoning on the injuries.

Miami has won series that they trailed in.

Won series where they didnt have HC advantage.

Won series with injured personnel.

Won series against teams that have been together longer and against teams who people claimed had more talent(yes people said OKC were more talented. Dont let convenient amnesia on their parts fool you)

Won series against teams that people say have better coaches.

Won against teams that people say are deeper.

Have been the best road team in the playoffs for the last 3 years I believe(will double check)

Miami never gets injury passes. I am not handing out one either

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Why don't you guys point shit like this out before the playoffs... This way the Heat wont bother trying to win it all for nothing, only to have it soiled because you feel they beat damaged goods..:rolleyes:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This is some craziness here

Won series against teams that have been together longer and against teams who people claimed had more talent(yes people said OKC were more talented. Dont let convenient amnesia on their parts fool you)

Have been the best road team in the playoffs for the last 3 years I believe(will double check)

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

You forgot one, Bro.....This time the Spurs got all the calls, and they still lost..

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Also add Steven A Smith being dead wrong 2 yrs in a row :lol:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
You mean... WRONG... FOR 3 YEARS IN A ROW... :yes:

Yeah shit is comical

He had heat winning against Dallas then after that

He been in some picking the other team shit but in the same breath how he cool with heat players and how he like being in south beach lol

SAMSOUL

Star
BGOL Investor
Steven A is a big headed fool on this one. Don't forget that Dallas series was rigged by the ref's. I dare anyone to go back and look at it and say otherwise. The Heat can win again all they have to do is bring everybody back.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Bump keep this shit a sticky or another 2 days to piss off that faggit chitown coon busa

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Steven A is a big headed fool on this one. Don't forget that Dallas series was rigged by the ref's. I dare anyone to go back and look at it and say otherwise. The Heat can win again all they have to do is bring everybody back.

They were giving Dirk the "MJ" treatment that Finals. If you breathed on him or touched him 20 feet from the basket they would send him to the line. LeBron shot less FTs that Finals than Tyson Chandler. :lol:

How a team go from that to virtually irrelevant in a year? They got swept the following year, and missed the playoffs altogether this year. :smh:

I look at the Dallas Finals loss as payback for '06 and kinda like the league making the Heat pay a 1 year fee for creating the Big 3 down there. They didn't want those guys winning their first year and needed a good storyline for year 2. :cool:

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Wade wasn't healthy all playoffs bruh

Westbrook, Kobe, and D. Rose couldn't play at all.

You can't compare a dude who can't consistently play at his highest level to dudes who can't play at ALL. When Wade NEEDED to step up, he forced himself to, and it helped Miami a lot.

That's why I said, 'Healthy ENOUGH'.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Why don't you guys point shit like this out before the playoffs... This way the Heat wont bother trying to win it all for nothing, only to have it soiled because you feel they beat damaged goods..:rolleyes:

Why does anyone need to point out the obvious?

Pointing it out afterward makes it less true?

Rings are rings, but it would actually be more interesting if some of those teams better/best players could've remained healthy.

You can't tell me you wouldn't have preferred to be all of those teams at full health. It makes the victory more enjoyable, and it negates this kind of talk.

Hell, I still wonder if LA would've won their last chip if Perkins hadn't gone down.

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered
Westbrook, Kobe, and D. Rose couldn't play at all.

You can't compare a dude who can't consistently play at his highest level to dudes who can't play at ALL. When Wade NEEDED to step up, he forced himself to, and it helped Miami a lot.

That's why I said, 'Healthy ENOUGH'.

The Heat have beaten a healthy Westbrook,healthy rose.

That Lakers squad with Kobe would not be getting past a healthy OKC either.

And I believe MIA would have beaten either of them.

Another note I should bring up. MIA beats teams who have the tools that the "analysts" say you need to beat them.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
The Heat have beaten a healthy Westbrook,healthy rose.

That Lakers squad with Kobe would not be getting past a healthy OKC either.

And I believe MIA would have beaten either of them.

Another note I should bring up. MIA beats teams who have the tools that the "analysts" say you need to beat them.

Dude, beating in a team in the regular season doesn't guarantee postseason success.

The year we defeated Orlando in the Finals, they beat us both times in the regular season. That's why a lot of people predicted we'd lose to them in the Finals.

As for the Lakers, they had turned their season around. Obviously they did, or they wouldn't have made it into the playoffs with the way they started.

Why does no one want to acknowledge all the injuries we dealt with all season? Because it felt good to see LA lose, no matter what. Our starters didn't even play a quarter of the season together.

I never said Miami wouldn't have won the championship, anyway - but they were challenged, and pushed to the brink by Indiana and San Antonio. The aforementioned teams may or may not have been able to do the same.

That's why I said, if the best players are on the floor, and you still win, there ain't nothing anyone can say.

You can't just dismiss a teams chances because it's inconvenient.

No matter how you slice it, LA without Kobe, Chicago without D. Rose, and OKC without Westbrook are a lot less of a threat in the playoffs.

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered
i agree about the regular season vs postseason argument

And I still believe Miami takes em both.

And the reason is 7 games is a chess match. When Danny Green was sinking all those threes everybody thought well damn its over.

Pre game 6 Bosh said Danny Green wouldnt be open the same way. He went 2-19 after Game 5.

Thats why I understand how so many people like NCAA bball. The one game format fits their in the moment analysis

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
i agree about the regular season vs postseason argument

And I still believe Miami takes em both.

And the reason is 7 games is a chess match. When Danny Green was sinking all those threes everybody thought well damn its over.

Pre game 6 Bosh said Danny Green wouldnt be open the same way. He went 2-19 after Game 5.

Thats why I understand how so many people like NCAA bball. The one game format fits their in the moment analysis

Look, you cats got the victory.

Imo, the most talented team in the league. I don't think the most cohesive unit, tho'. I think Spo doesn't have the goods to maximize the talent you guys have.

That's why I believe Miami CAN be beat.

However, they are very explosive, and can run off points in a hurry. You can't turn the ball over against Miami, 'cause they will convert. If you cats had someone like Thibs, I'd just watch a different sport.

In any case ...

...I need to go take a shower. That little bit of Miami wank made me feel dirty.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Every great player needs their Robert Horry/Steve Kerr shooter to bail them out once in a while.

This was much different. None of those shots had any impact on another player's legacy besides the person who made the shot. This was about to be 2011 post Dallas series all over again for Lebron. That shot not only created the opportunity for Lebron to go sick in game 7, that game 7 win also completely validated the Big 3 move. That shit was one of the biggest shots in NBA history.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
LeBron shot less FTs that Finals than Tyson Chandler. :lol:

Because Lebron was too timid to attack the basket. You can't get free throws if you are passively setting on the perimeter. That was on Lebron. He's even admitted that much. However, that experience propelled Lebron to drastically improve his game and also his approach to the game in general so that ultimately was a good thing. He wouldn't have had 2013 without hitting that lowpoint in 2011.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Because Lebron was too timid to attack the basket. You can't get free throws if you are passively setting on the perimeter. That was on Lebron. He's even admitted that much. However, that experience propelled Lebron to drastically improve his game and also his approach to the game in general so that ultimately was a good thing. He wouldn't have had 2013 without hitting that lowpoint in 2011.

The main difference is that year he STOPPED attacking the rims once no calls were made and he lost confidence. This year, he kept attacking even though thru the first 4-5 games he had under 20 attempts again. He has gotten better at taking what the D gives and adjusting to what they're doing, but still no excuse for a superstar of his magnitude to shoot less FTs than an offensively challenged player like Chandler.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
The main difference is that year he STOPPED attacking the rims once no calls were made and he lost confidence. T.

It wasn't because of calls. He wasn't get fouled unlike in this playoff's where he was getting fouled and not getting the calls he should have. He never started off aggressively.

The Mavs pushed Lebron to spots where he wasn't yet comfortable scoring from (lebron had major offensive flaws that he no longer has) and like it was with Hibbert, Chandler was an intimidating presense in the paint. PLUS, I think Lebron was still trying to figure out the best way to play with Wade. Lebron doesn't have a major ego, so deferring to wade wasn't problematic to him because he thought it was THEIR team when it's really Lebron's team. Once Lebron become the leader of the team, they started playing better. Wade can carry them in moments but Lebron is the best player in the league and can hurt you in more ways than one when he's controlling the game and no deferring. I'm not talking about passing... i'm talking about standing off to the side and not even touching the ball (like he was doing against Dallas).

Lebron just didn't quite know the best way to deal with the Dallas defense and the Heat hadn't really been together long enough to know how to best use their pieces.

Lebron fucked up and it wasn't because of lack of calls...but they came back and won back to back so that loss is not THAT important and this current Heat team would beat that Mavs team.... the Heat just weren't a great TEAM at that point..just had a bunch of great players.

They're over that hump though now and Lebron obviously is over the hump..although in games 4 and 5 he had me kind of worried..and even in the start of game 6 but he turned that shit on just before it got too late in game 6 and then did his thing in game 7.

He's not starting to master WHEN to take over and when to push his teammates. Something that although you wouldn't admit it, Jordan was a master it. Lebron did a what a player like Jordan used to do.. get people involved early and make sure others got into the flow of the game and then dominate late in the game (game 7).

What I imagine is that next season he will turn it on even earlier when necessary.

Last edited:

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Miami will be in NBA final four for next 6 years. Keep shooters and get some 7foot scrubs and they're dangerous. Keep Bosh too he fits the team

THIS THREAD PROVES HOW MUCH BASEBALL SUCKS!!!!!

bnasty225

Support BGOL
Registered
I agree. I hate baseball. So will any free agent moves possibly shake up the nba to the point where the heat needs to start worrying? Also is lebron's successor currently play in the nba?

wiZe

Star
Registered
I agree. I hate baseball. So will any free agent moves possibly shake up the nba to the point where the heat needs to start worrying? Also is lebron's successor currently play in the nba?

Lebron = Hakeem

He gets to eat because Pooh stepped away from the dinner table for awhile. So to answer your question, Lebron's successor is thr same as Hakeem's successor. In other words, it doesn't matter.