~~Miami Heat vs San Antonio - 2013 NBA Finals - The Miami Heat wins!

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Spurs+vs+Heat.png

hi-res-157182656_crop_650x440.jpg

Miami-Heat-Vs.-San-Antonio-Spurs.jpeg

730_20121129233010740_660_320.JPG

Heat-Bulls-Basketball_Baid1.jpg

99e0db9dee3b8aad8ebdc3320ec86094.jpeg

San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+Heat+RDym4KDSegsl.jpg

miami-heat.jpg

Tiago+Splitter+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+Heat+7T3eh9ftV7Zl.jpg

610x.jpg

165158868.jpg

Dwyane+Wade+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+Heat+kYcwxNuZYs2x.jpg

Manu+Ginobili+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+Heat+qeMLX-iqJ47x.jpg

LeBron+James+Patrick+Mills+San+Antonio+Spurs+FAlRpRNcb8Wx.jpg

Cory+Joseph+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+Heat+Ihgi_F1bPuRx.jpg

Dwyane+Wade+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+Heat+hsmR2W4MWX5x.jpg

LeBron+James+Tiago+Splitter+San+Antonio+Spurs+3jwuEGMbhwRx.jpg

Patrick+Mills+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+Miami+Heat+Dm6I5qAQktCx.jpg

LeBron+James+Dwayne+Wade+Miami+Heat+v+San+KMySthj7yfYx.jpg

LeBron+James+Tim+Duncan+Miami+Heat+v+San+Antonio+zyTcJTDyu1Gx.jpg

Greg+Popovich+Tim+Parker+San+Antonio+Spurs+0NXtxvDosapx.jpg

Tim+Duncan+Chris+Bosh+San+Antonio+Spurs+v+ruioyuR64njx.jpg

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Re: ~~Miami Heat vs San Antonio - 2013 NBA Finals~~

I think it's safe...Only a few minutes left with a 20 point lead

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor

Chill
Clock need to be at 0:00

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Heat in 6.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went 5-1.

:cool:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

NBA Playoffs Diary: Rematch

tumblr_mnfqgl8wGz1qin7uco1_500.jpg

Given that the Spurs are up 3-0, Miami last lost two straight games in early January, and the fact that I spent an hour reading articles on the 2007 Finals, let’s get ahead of ourselves and look ahead to a potential San Antonio-Miami series.

Of course, 2007 was when LeBron made his first Finals, and was promptly swept by Tim Duncan and the Spurs. I would insert a bunch of historical references to show you how long ago that was, but just know: Jacques Vaughn, Brent Barry, Robert Horry and Michael Finley were on the Spurs playoff roster; Tony Parker, who won Finals MVP, was still three weeks away from marrying Eva Longoria, and LeBron’s key running mate was Larry Hughes.*

After the series, Duncan embraced LeBron and told him: “The future is yours, but thanks for letting us have it one more year.”*

The comment didn’t exactly prove prophetic. We all know now how his arc in Cleveland ended, and it took another Finals defeat in 2011 with Miami before he finally won his first ring last year. As for Duncan, their regular season success continued after 2007 but they’ve been unsuccessful in getting back to the Finals (until this year, pending one more victory).*

2007 was also a long time ago because despite “The 48 Special” that LeBron delivered against the Pistons in the Conference Finals to get his team in the Finals, as detailed in this write-up during the Finals from John Hollinger, LeBron’s game was much less polished at the time. in the piece, Hollinger notes: “The second area where we’re seeing LeBron’s lack of polish is in his low-post game. You’d think he’d be able to overwhelm opponents on the blocks with his superior physique, but he’s never seemed very comfortable operating from the blocks.*It’s a shame since James is potentially unstoppable from here. Not only can he overwhelm most defenders one-on-one, but because he’s such a great passer and has the size to see over defenses, he can burn opponents who double team. However, all of that is irrelevant unless he can master the intricacies of scoring in the low post.”

Today, those conversations are moot, as LeBron has both improved and embraced the low-post game, some credit owing to the way Erik Spoelstra has decided to employ him in the half-court game.

As for Duncan, things haven’t changed much at all. His 2007 playoff per-36 minutes averages: 21.7 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.0 blocks, 52% from the field. In these 2013 playoffs: 18.9 points, 9.8 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, 46% from the field. The numbers have slipped a bit, but that’s what age does. On the floor, Duncan is still as effective as ever and his Game 3 performance against Memphis put him second all-time in NBA playoff history with 144 double doubles, passing Wilt Chamberlain and trailing only Magic Johnson (157) at this point.*

The Spurs, on their way to four championships during the Duncan era became a team that we appreciated, but never truly liked. The general consensus was: “if you like basketball, you like the Spurs”, except you didn’t really fall in love with them. Watching the Spurs win in the post-season, dream shattering teams along the way, was like watching someone build the same finished product from the same instruction manual over and over; a sort of repetition that brought about a sense of monotony that won very few fans over.*

This feeling was also owing to the fact that none of their Finals series were that entertaining (Knicks, Nets and Cavs match-ups were forgettable, the only except was the seven game series with the Pistons, which was great), and definitely because we prefer the drama that counterparts like the Lakers and Heat provided.*

Except, in recent years, as we’ve started to prepare for the inevitable end of this Spurs era, we’ve come to realize that the stoic characters that lead this crew actually aren’t as bland as we thought; their consistency and precision existed for so long that it became admirable.*

So while last year’s Heat-Thunder series felt like round one to a decade long struggle for future supremacy in the league, a Heat-Spurs match-up will have more of a passing of the torch feel.

And perhaps, when LeBron and Duncan embrace after the series, they’ll revisit what Duncan said in 2007. And then Duncan — win or lose — will sip on a beer and go play some World of Warcraft.*

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

LeBron's second or Duncan's fifth, who do I want to hate on more?

It's tough.

I guess Duncan is less threatening because he's been a sidekick for the last half decade so go Spurs...

popice

Support BGOL
Registered

Spurs in 6. They want be turning the ball over half as much as Indiana did which gave the heat extra possesions.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Heat in 6.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went 5-1.

:cool:

This, the keys for the Heat is them wearing down old Duncan with them placing Bosh, Birdman and Haslem on him, and them slowing down Parker with the pesky defense of Cole... If the Heat are able to do this, the series wont even be close..

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered

Spurs in 6. They want be turning the ball over half as much as Indiana did which gave the heat extra possesions.

Duncan and Splitter will foul out from Wade, Anderson and Cole leaving Bosh and James to shit all over the interior/mid.

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor

this.

there is no fucking way the spurs will have 8 turnovers in the 1st qtr.

coach pop will forfeit the game & make them run suicides on live tv.

from Max's Samsung G-Note

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

LeBron's second or Duncan's fifth, who do I want to hate on more?

It's tough.

I guess Duncan is less threatening because he's been a sidekick for the last half decade so go Spurs...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Kobe is that you?​

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

this.

there is no fucking way the spurs will have 8 turnovers in the 1st qtr.

coach pop will forfeit the game & make them run suicides on live tv.

It wont be the turn overs that kill them, their problem will be similar to the OKC problem they had with the Heat after Boston pushed them to the limit..

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Didn't the Heat wash them without James & Wade the 2nd time they played this season? ;)

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Duncan and Splitter will foul out from Wade, Anderson and Cole leaving Bosh and James to shit all over the interior/mid.

Duncan wont foul out, its more like his numbers will be cancled by Bosh (at this point of career, simimar players) plus he will be worn out, cause the Heat could go to Birdman and Haslem and not worry about drop off of talent..
The Spurs have to stick with Parker and Duncan because once they come out the game, the Spurs talent will definatly take a major hit.. To beat the Spurs you have to attack the paint, and be able to hit the outside shots, both the Lakers and Memphis are too slow to take advantage of their Spurs weakness, and Golden State gave them all types of fits, but at the end they were too small and too thin to wear out the Spurs...
The Heat match up will be hell for the Spurs system..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Didn't the Heat wash them without James & Wade the 2nd time they played this season? ;)

Matter of fact if the Spurs would have won that game at home, they may have been in position to win the NBA home court advantage... Even so it was a huge game for S.A. because they was, at the time neck and neck with OKC for the western top spot..

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor

San Antonio recvd fines for resting players in the regular season.

no one cares about the regular season...means nothing at this point.

I can promise you that the lane will be packed. the heat will need to make jumpers all series bc going to the rack will be tough.

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I can promise you that the lane will be packed. the heat will need to make jumpers all series bc going to the rack will be tough.

:rolleyes:

They wasn't resting the 2nd game when the Heat whipped that azz w/o James & Wade

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I doubt that :D

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

You are talking about the first game the Heat won, we are talking about the 2nd game where James, Wade and Rio sat and they went into S.A. and beat them with their startes in a big game for the Spurs who was not only fighting for the top record in the NBA but also neck and neck with the Thunder for the top spot in the West..