Mayweather ensures Pacquiao negotiations descend into farce

callbacc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's not do this again, half them niccas are second tier fighters and his biggest wins were about 10 years ago. Love how niccas always said Gatti was a bum until Floyd beat an OLD Gatti, then all of a sudden it was an accomplishment. And beating Marquez jumping TWO weightclasses was an accomplishment and beating Oscar who was done is an accomplishment too huh? And Judah coming off an embarassing loss to Baldomir and Corley who was just as much of a journeyman as Gatti and a glorified club fighter in Hatton.......you get the picture I'm sure. Manfredy, Corrales and the Castillo rematch were a LONG time ago.

I agree with you on the some of the points you made .Gatti/Hatton wasn't really a skill fighters,I was about to replace them with shawnbay mitchell LOL but it's funny how everybody is always old,small,unskill or overrated when they fight floyd right now floyd could beat vitali klitschko and some where some one would find a excuse kind of like how they do kobe....BTW I don't want to come off as a floyd dik rider because I think he was duking paul williams him & everyone else. Did you ever reup that castillo fight?

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
The boxing now is almost a totally different sport to what my father watched. Hell I grew up watch boxing on the weekends on network tv in the 70 and 80s and what we have now is totally different. The sport isn't better but that is life. The champs seemed to always take on great fights. At least the best did unlike nowadays.

callbacc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn this is a good thread:yes: Has anyone publicly said floyd was P4P or the G.O.A.T besides himself? Even Roger mayweather said Ray Robinson. I wonder when the heavyweight division will come back 2 life I can't even imagine a heavyweight fight going 15rds now of dayz

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Damn this is a good thread:yes: Has anyone publicly said floyd was P4P or the G.O.A.T besides himself? Even Roger mayweather said Ray Robinson. I wonder when the heavyweight division will come back 2 life I can't even imagine a heavyweight fight going 15rds now of dayz

True, def appreciate the input... Heavyweight Division?:confused: The sad reality is, the Klitschko(sp) Brothers, while they aren't the easiest to watch, are the best out there and they aren't really in a hurry to let that go. Haye, I am really starting to wonder if he is the real deal, he's good, but I believe he is trying to stall to allow the K Brothers to get older, and then 'challenge' them. That being said, it's gonna be a LONG time before we can consider the HW division anything but below average... :smh:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Well the fight looks like it can still happen.

Manny Pacquiao’s Challenge To Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Let’s Get It On!
Date: 09-Aug-2010*******

Share Story With Friends
*Comments * *Email * *Print

Digg Facebook Twitter reddit StumbleUpon Delicious

Manny Pacquiao
Related Stories
Manny Pacquiao seems to have grown tired of Floyd Mayweather’s games and antics.
So much that Pacquiao has just issued an open challenge to Mayweather.

“Bring it on!”

From his Philboxing website, these are the words of Manny Pacquiao:

“I hope Mayweather is serious enough in doing business with Don King and is not doing this only to save face. I hope Don King does the same in return, that he can make miracles happen. I say this to both these men: Let’s Get It On. Fight like warriors and brave men.”

“I am the champion, I have the belts and I should not be the one challenging you. I should not even be the one trying to make this fight happen. But Pacquiao vs Mayweather is what everyone wants, that’s why I am calling out your names. My promoter Bob Arum will be waiting for your call and will be very glad to hear what you have to say. The sooner, the better…”

In the past, when Floyd was interviewed asking him some of the reasons why he is not facing Manny Pacquiao, he always has this to say: “Pacquiao never called me out. When they ask him, he says talk to his promoters. I say be your own man. Guess what, Marquez called me out, Mosley called me out, but Pacquiao never called me out.”

Everybody knows by now that the PED accusations and drug testing demands by Floyd were just a tactic. His so-called “crusade” was not serious, otherwise why didn’t he stand up to the NSAC? As for PED use, so many have been misinformed about the accuracy of these drugs on combat sports.So much have been written about them but no one has ever confirmed the positive effects of these drugs to practitioners of a combat sports like boxing.

Now these drugs fundamentally do three things:
1. Increase lean muscle mass.
2. Increase “short duration” strength and power burst.
3. Increase blood cell production which in turn carry oxygen to the muscles.

Item number one – Boxing is not Body Building. Sometimes superfluous muscles are actually are a hindrance to performance.
Power punches are not generate by muscles but by laws of physics called leverage and momentum. From the feet to the waist to the shoulders, the body of a boxer is one perfectly synchronized machine when it delivers that blow. And like a whiplash that creates momentum, the force end up with the fists. JuanMa looked so skinny compared to Concepcion when they fought. Donaire looked malnourished when seeing him beside Darchinyan. And we all know what happened in those fights.

Item number two – Short term power burst mostly benefit power lifters and baseball players. Where in a short span of time, the muscles are strained to exert a tremendous amount of power. This will not work in combat sports.

Item number three – These drugs will help in the increased production of red blood cells. These cells carry oxygen to the muscles. These effects manifest themselves better in sports like cycling, not boxing.

So the bottom line is, these drugs may help you develop a sculpted physique, lift a heavier barbell for a couple of seconds, hit that ball harder with
the bat, or pedal that bike harder and faster, but it will not make you a better fighter. They will not prevent you from being hit. From having cuts or from having your face busted up. These drugs will not prevent you from getting KO’d when the brain slams against the cranial walls ensuing in a short circuit of the organ. What they will do is just let you stand on your feet the whole fight to absorb more punishment, which is way more dangerous for a fighter. No documented fact exists extolling the virtues of these drugs on fighters and boxers. And most of all, these drugs will not make you a better fighter, ever.

Not having the skills and talent, these drugs will only prolong your agony inside that squared circle.

Anyway, Pacquiao went on to say:
“This is the only way for Mayweather to save face. Make the fight happen in November and stop using Mr. Don King for publicity stunts. He claims he is the best. He says he is No. 1. There is only one way to prove his greatness and that is to face me. I should be ready by November.”

Like Pacquiao said, he should not be the one calling out Floyd. But since Manny wants to give in to the fans, he’s trying his best to make this fight happen. He even went out of character by calling out his opponent which he has never done before.

Well Floyd, I guess it’s time to face the music. No more excuses.

You talked the talk, now it’s time to walk the walk.

merce77

Star
Registered
Take the drug tests with no cut off date, earn an actual title shot by beating some contenders, win a championship while fighting at that weight, defend it against somebody other than an Arum fighter then come back and talk shit Manny. And stay off the EPO. Manny is just as bitchmade as Floyd, he has no right to talk shit. Any dude who is willing to cut corners to greatness by fighting at catchweights and demanding every advantage over another fighter and giving a known cheater like Margarito who could've killed someboddy, a chance to get a nice payday, is definitely capable of cheating in the ring, all that shit says alot about Manny's character, I don't know why nobody mentions that shit in these biased ass articles. Fuck Manny and Floyd, neither one of these niccas should even get a look at an all time p4p list in the top 100 even.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
I don't even see how you can say fcuk both of them. I don't mind if they don't fight each other. But they should at least make better fights. I like the manny and Antonio fight. I don't think it should be for a belt. But the matchup is one that looks good to me. Two fighters coming at each other will always have a good chance for fireworks. I am interested in pbf future fight. I pray he move up. But maybe King can do the impossible and have pbf take on his biggest challenge in the ring in a decade.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Take the drug tests with no cut off date, earn an actual title shot by beating some contenders, win a championship while fighting at that weight, defend it against somebody other than an Arum fighter then come back and talk shit Manny. And stay off the EPO. Manny is just as bitchmade as Floyd, he has no right to talk shit. Any dude who is willing to cut corners to greatness by fighting at catchweights and demanding every advantage over another fighter and giving a known cheater like Margarito who could've killed someboddy, a chance to get a nice payday, is definitely capable of cheating in the ring, all that shit says alot about Manny's character, I don't know why nobody mentions that shit in these biased ass articles. Fuck Manny and Floyd, neither one of these niccas should even get a look at an all time p4p list in the top 100 even.

Because they're biased??:D
You know and I know too many so-called sports journalists are bigger fans than they are journalists and it's easier to shit on a big talking, arrogant "heel" in Floyd Mayweather than a quiet, humble national hero like Manny Pacquiao even if he does almost the exact same shit.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
You know and I know too many so-called sports journalists are bigger fans than they are journalists and it's easier to shit on a big talking, arrogant "heel" in Floyd Mayweather than a quiet, humble national hero like Manny Pacquiao even if he does almost the exact same shit.

D where the hell u been Dude? What did u think of the fights this weekend?

merce77

Star
Registered
I don't even see how you can say fcuk both of them. I don't mind if they don't fight each other. But they should at least make better fights. I like the manny and Antonio fight. I don't think it should be for a belt. But the matchup is one that looks good to me. Two fighters coming at each other will always have a good chance for fireworks. I am interested in pbf future fight. I pray he move up. But maybe King can do the impossible and have pbf take on his biggest challenge in the ring in a decade.

I don't see how you can be a true fan of boxing and actually like the Pac/Margarito matchup. What has Margarito done to actually earn a fight with Pac, how does he deserve to make any money after what he did to Cotto and could've done to Mosley with those wraps. This fight is being universally shat upon by fans but you'll roll with it because you like Pac. You're no better than the Floyd capers that you hate so much.
Secondly what has Pac done to be able to fight for a belt at 154? - excuse me 150. Because Pac is as much of a fraud as Floyd that he needs a lil help moving up to super welter to WIN a championship that A)he hasn't earned a shot at and B)if he wins, will not have won it at the appropriate weight. At LEAST when Floyd beat De La Hoya for the belt, he didn't need to put any limits on how much Oscar could weigh, or I'm sure you'd be mentioning THAT in every convo about Floyd. It's only cool and excusable when Pac does it. Pac would look no different than Margarito did against Mosley if you took him off whatever it is he's snorting, injecting, drinking, or absorbing rectally, and if he had to actually move to a correct weight with no "help" while weighing in on the same day.
Let me take a page from Larry Holmes. Pac couldn't carry Roberto Duran or Henry Armstrong's jockstraps. And Floyd couldn't carry Sugar Ray Robsinson's chemical straightener.:lol::hmm::( I'm done giving my 2 cents as to why I say "fuck Pac and Floyd", this shit is too obvious to hardcore fans by now.

merce77

Star
Registered
Damn Merce...you alright Cuz?!?! Real angry today Chief! :D

:angry::angry::angry::angry::lol:

Humble my ass. That lil mufucca is just as much of an egomaniac and primadonna as Floyd is, he's just sneaky is all. That nicca cosigns a lot of bullshit that Arum pulls that is fucking up boxing. When the negotiations fall through, instead of taking on a tough challenge, he fights Clottey:confused: and Margarito:confused: when guys like Mosley and Berto were available. Under the guise of "I'll fight anyone they put in front of me" which actually means "anyone that Roach and Arum think can't beat me". I thought he didn't want to fight Yuri Foreman because Yuri was TOO TALL. Last time I checked, Margarito and Foreman are the same height.:hmm:
BTW, what's good Dave? What'd you think of the Cloud and Alexander fights?

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
No doubt manny has a big ego... if I'm whipping ass like that I'm a difficult Dude to get along with too! :D. That being said, I think your assessment explained why Manny is loved and PBF isn't, he's low key with that shit. Floyd says a lot of stupid shit and acts like a clown. Manny is just the opposite, smiling and friendly but when the bell rings he whips ass. Floyd talks shit and when the bell rings only a boxing purist can appreciate his flow. I do think its time for Manny to stop hiding behind Roach and Arum and begin to fight more than just Arum fighter though.

Also, Kotelnik got robbed, especially with those scores and I believe Johnson should have won or the fight ruled a draw. Not dissapointed though, boxing needs to migrate more toward the young lions.... on a side note, holyfield is about to sign to fight sherman williams?!?! :lol:

merce77

Star
Registered
No doubt manny has a big ego... if I'm whipping ass like that I'm a difficult Dude to get along with too! :D. That being said, I think your assessment explained why Manny is loved and PBF isn't, he's low key with that shit. Floyd says a lot of stupid shit and acts like a clown. Manny is just the opposite, smiling and friendly but when the bell rings he whips ass. Floyd talks shit and when the bell rings only a boxing purist can appreciate his flow. I do think its time for Manny to stop hiding behind Roach and Arum and begin to fight more than just Arum fighter though.

Also, Kotelnik got robbed, especially with those scores and I believe Johnson should have won or the fight ruled a draw. Not dissapointed though, boxing needs to migrate more toward the young lions.... on a side note, holyfield is about to sign to fight sherman williams?!?! :lol:

:eek:Damm, that nicca couldn't beat Sherman Hemsley right now.:smh:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Merce77, I didn't know that whether I like a fight or not is an indication of me being a fight fan. I explained that the fight is appealing to me because both fighters are not the type to run away from the action in the ring. It is a much interesting fight than JMM and PBF was. It probably will have more excitement and a better outcome than Shane vs PBF.

I think Manny fight Berto would be a cool fight. But nobody really would expect Berto to win, but it would at least be against a belt holder. Manny against Antonio is intriguing. I am not positive Manny will win. Antonio hasn't ever looked good at 154 but he is the naturally bigger man. So we will see. His style is made for an exciting fight. That is really how I see it. If that doesn't make me a true fight fan. Well I am cool with that.

merce77

Star
Registered
Merce77, I didn't know that whether I like a fight or not is an indication of me being a fight fan. I explained that the fight is appealing to me because both fighters are not the type to run away from the action in the ring. It is a much interesting fight than JMM and PBF was. It probably will have more excitement and a better outcome than Shane vs PBF.

I think Manny fight Berto would be a cool fight. But nobody really would expect Berto to win, but it would at least be against a belt holder. Manny against Antonio is intriguing. I am not positive Manny will win. Antonio hasn't ever looked good at 154 but he is the naturally bigger man. So we will see. His style is made for an exciting fight. That is really how I see it. If that doesn't make me a true fight fan. Well I am cool with that.

:hmm: Intriguing?

Cotto was whoopin his ass until his wraps hardened, Mosley beat that nicca like a runaway slave - he's a C fighter, fighting a smaller, faster guy with great footwork - what's so intriguing about it? Intriguing is Pacman vs Paul Williams.

freshh1

Potential Star
Registered
good article on floyds bullshit
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5452341

Ride or die.

The phrase is the 'hood equivalent to "for better or for worse." A vow. It means if your person's ship is going down, you are going down with it and them. As the great Bernie Mac would say, it signifies "Who You Wit."

[+] EnlargeFloyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley
Gabriel Bouys/AFP/Getty ImagesFloyd Mayweather Jr. quieted critics when he came back, but his current silence is opening the door for new complaints.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has always been one of my ride-or-die cats. Regardless of how thick the hate got, I was ridin' with him. 'Til death do us part. Except now I've come to a part in his boxing career where faith begins to fade.

And not just my faith, but the faith of millions of others.

See, the predestined, prematurely determined "Fight of the Century" against Manny Pacquiao is off again. Not going to happen this year. If ever. And this time the reason that there will be no fight -- unlike the last time where the two sides didn't agree on a drug-testing arrangement Mayweather and his camp wanted -- seems to be Floyd.

He's refusing to fight. He's refusing to make a statement (outside of his adviser/promoter Leonard Ellerbe saying that "no negotiations have ever taken place nor was there ever a deal agreed upon ... to fight Manny Pacquiao on Nov. 13.") in defense of why Pacquiao is fighting Antonio Margarito instead on that date.

He's refusing to do anything more than let live the statement he made last month claiming he's "not really thinking about boxing right now. I'm just relaxing. I fought about 60 days ago, so I'm just enjoying myself, enjoying life, enjoying my family, enjoying my vacation."

How long does a vacation last when the other world-dominating-pound-for-pound title holder puts the ball in your court, throws down the gauntlet in your corner? How long do you enjoy life when philosophically the "other side" is publicly putting your manhood out there to be questioned?

When Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, basically called Mayweather out, claiming not only that Pacquiao's camp was willing to accept the terms of the drug testing provisions but also that there was a deal and deadline in place that Mayweather never responded to, the landscape of blame shifted.

And because Floyd's chosen to stay "on vacation" and remain silent while the most important story in boxing orbits him, for the first time in his career, to me, the greatest boxer of this generation seems scared.

And that's the last thing I want to have to accept from someone I ride or die with.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

Cotto was whoopin his ass until his wraps hardened, Mosley beat that nicca like a runaway slave - he's a C fighter, fighting a smaller, faster guy with great footwork - what's so intriguing about it? Intriguing is Pacman vs Paul Williams.

I definitely look at this fight with a degree of interest, but honestly, I don't see Margarito with a chance in hell of winning. Outside of the fact that he has problems with fast fighters that give him angles (Mosley), Manny is a much bigger puncher than Shane, which doesn't bode well for Margarito. Also, there is a reason Arum keeps putting Manny in with in house fighters, he can control the outcome better. Why the hell would he allow his cash cow to lose to a.... cheating, alienated after thought who wouldn't be well received, and blow a possible mega mega million dollar fight with Floyd. Between David Copperfield and Freddy Roach, I don't know who is the bigger illusionist, this is another smoke and mirrors act, which allows Manny to look good against a fighter many 'perceive' to be a bigger threat than he really is, actually similar to a lot of Floyd's past matchmaking. In the end, it is a negotiating ploy, to give Manny a stronger foothold in negotiations with Floyd next year, if the fight does ever come to the table again... Same Bullshit, Different Day, I will be waiting for the upload of this fight, as well as ANY fight Floyd signs to fight in the interim. Neither of these Dude's are ever going to get another cent out of me until they cut out the bullshit!!! :angry:

merce77

Star
Registered
I definitely look at this fight with a degree of interest, but honestly, I don't see Margarito with a chance in hell of winning. Outside of the fact that he has problems with fast fighters that give him angles (Mosley), Manny is a much bigger puncher than Shane, which doesn't bode well for Margarito. Also, there is a reason Arum keeps putting Manny in with in house fighters, he can control the outcome better. Why the hell would he allow his cash cow to lose to a.... cheating, alienated after thought who wouldn't be well received, and blow a possible mega mega million dollar fight with Floyd. Between David Copperfield and Freddy Roach, I don't know who is the bigger illusionist, this is another smoke and mirrors act, which allows Manny to look good against a fighter many 'perceive' to be a bigger threat than he really is, actually similar to a lot of Floyd's past matchmaking. In the end, it is a negotiating ploy, to give Manny a stronger foothold in negotiations with Floyd next year, if the fight does ever come to the table again... Same Bullshit, Different Day, I will be waiting for the upload of this fight, as well as ANY fight Floyd signs to fight in the interim. Neither of these Dude's are ever going to get another cent out of me until they cut out the bullshit!!! :angry:

THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
D where the hell u been Dude? What did u think of the fights this weekend?

I've been celebrating my anniversary all weekend, taking in some independent pro wrestling, the UFC fight and fucking until my nuts imploded (TMI?:D). I just finished watching the Jon Jones fight from a bit ago and now I'm in the process of watching the Cloud-Johnson fight so I'll comment when I've actually seen the fights.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

And there it is. What's to argue with any of that?

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

I cant knock this at all.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I'm not sure that Pac's proven to be a bigger puncher at welter or junior middle than Shane Mosley. Yeah he stopped Cotto in the 11th or 12th round but Pac fought Cotto different than Mosley did and Pac also fought a post-Margarito Cotto. Yeah, he stopped Oscar DLH but people rave on and on about how Oscar was supposedly weight drained. You mentioned illusions, in light of Pac's aforementioned work at 147, there isn't enough evidence to declare him a bigger puncher than Shane Mosley is/was at welter and super welter.

Aside from the punching power issue, I think the fight is interesting but not interesting enough for me to pay for it. It has kind of a circus flair to it because of Margarito's height and the hand wrap controversy. However, I'm stingy and rarely buy any PPV's. I think the fight will go the distance. Margarito's huge, could probably fight at 160 if he really wanted to. Margarito fights in slow motion so I do see him eating a lot of punches and missing a lot due to Pac's much improved defense. If it gets stopped, it'll probably be on cuts. Otherwise I see Margarito lasting to the finish line.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I've been celebrating my anniversary all weekend, taking in some independent pro wrestling, the UFC fight and fucking until my nuts imploded (TMI?:D). I just finished watching the Jon Jones fight from a bit ago and now I'm in the process of watching the Cloud-Johnson fight so I'll comment when I've actually seen the fights.

CONGRATS MY DUDE!!!! :yes::yes: How Many Years!!!

Fuck Cloud, Johnson, Kotelnik AND Alexander when you are up in it huh?!?!? :lol:

I'm gonna be celebrating 8 in a few months myself! A lot of ag sometimes but a beautiful thing huh?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Margarito has dude lost in the sauce. Margarito is actually D+ fighter... his punching power brought him up a little bit but we have no clue when he started cheating so his power could be a myth completely.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
A D plus fighter? I dont know about that. Where was he ranked before the Shane fight?

It is funny how Dude's become analyst on specific fighters after a loss, etc. There is no way in hell Margarito is a C or D level fighter. Sure, he cheated, etc. but a D level fighter is someone like Jonas Magnuson....(exactly).

So, I guess Shane, Marquez, etc. are C or D level fighters as well since both of them have taken good ass whippings over the past year. Ultimately, styles make fights, and a bad style can make any fighter look bad. Mayweather, Manny, Marquez, etc. all of them have at one point in there careers have had that one defining fight where the style of their opponent made them look pretty bad.... Fellas do go overboard sometimes on BGOL man... :smh:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
It is funny how Dude's become analyst on specific fighters after a loss, etc. There is no way in hell Margarito is a C or D level fighter. Sure, he cheated, etc. but a D level fighter is someone like Jonas Magnuson....(exactly).

So, I guess Shane, Marquez, etc. are C or D level fighters as well since both of them have taken good ass whippings over the past year. Ultimately, styles make fights, and a bad style can make any fighter look bad. Mayweather, Manny, Marquez, etc. all of them have at one point in there careers have had that one defining fight where the style of their opponent made them look pretty bad.... Fellas do go overboard sometimes on BGOL man... :smh:

I could careless about his loss... I'm basing it on his skills and record. I'm basically saying he was a middle of the road fighter with his power giving him the edge over most c level cats.

Now we have to look at the cheating as part of the equation... I mean shit he was caught red handed literally:angry:.

I've haven't seen much positives from him but a good chin, power and every once and awhile, some decent timing. So if I take away the power, what am I left with?

If you don't believe me, order this Pac v Margarito shit and watch his complete destruction. If niggas thought Pac did Cotto dirty just wait for that shit.

merce77

Star
Registered

I don't know about all that but I've been watching Margarito for years man. Since his first fight with Daniel Santos, he couldn't hurt that dude, I remember him and Antonio Diaz going to war for ten rounds when he stopped Diaz in the 10th. I remember not thinking highly at all of Margarito's skills, a total arm puncher with great cardio. It wasn't until I saw homeboy fight Kermit Cintron, that this cat impressed me, you could hear every shot, he still had no skills, but his power was murderous, had Cintron running away from his punches, but we know why now. Dude has no skills, Cotto proved that shit for 9 rounds, Margarito had that cat looking like Floyd Mayweather Jr.Jr. up in there. Without his handwraps, he made Mosley look 10 years younger, he's an ordinary club fighter without that Plaster of Paris my dude. What do you see in homeboy that makes him anything above a C fighter? I mean even Arturo Gatti had way more skills than that dude. He's slow footed, slow fisted, he wings his punches and slaps with them, that 6 feet tall and big framed and has proven totally ineffective at 154. Dude is NO B fighter, Rocky Juarez, Juan Diaz, Edner Cherry, those are B fighters.

merce77

Star
Registered
I could careless about his loss... I'm basing it on his skills and record. I'm basically saying he was a middle of the road fighter with his power giving him the edge over most c level cats.

Now we have to look at the cheating as part of the equation... I mean shit he was caught red handed literally:angry:.

I've haven't seen much positives from him but a good chin, power and every once and awhile, some decent timing. So if I take away the power, what am I left with?

If you don't believe me, order this Pac v Margarito shit and watch his complete destruction. If niggas thought Pac did Cotto dirty just wait for that shit.

It's gonna look like Oscar vs Pac.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I don't know about all that but I've been watching Margarito for years man. Since his first fight with Daniel Santos, he couldn't hurt that dude, I remember him and Antonio Diaz going to war for ten rounds when he stopped Diaz in the 10th. I remember not thinking highly at all of Margarito's skills, a total arm puncher with great cardio. It wasn't until I saw homeboy fight Kermit Cintron, that this cat impressed me, you could hear every shot, he still had no skills, but his power was murderous, had Cintron running away from his punches, but we know why now. Dude has no skills, Cotto proved that shit for 9 rounds, Margarito had that cat looking like Floyd Mayweather Jr.Jr. up in there. Without his handwraps, he made Mosley look 10 years younger, he's an ordinary club fighter without that Plaster of Paris my dude. What do you see in homeboy that makes him anything above a C fighter? I mean even Arturo Gatti had way more skills than that dude. He's slow footed, slow fisted, he wings his punches and slaps with them, that 6 feet tall and big framed and has proven totally ineffective at 154. Dude is NO B fighter, Rocky Juarez, Juan Diaz, Edner Cherry, those are B fighters.

I can finally agree about this Gatti statement... At least I know Gatti's power was the real deal. Now Gatti's chin might have been the coke.

Margarito somewhere started hurting niggas on another level. We all know that nigga got the nintendo power glove on some "The Wizard" shit, and then we had to give it up to the power but he still fought like shit. Even when he hurt Cotto he was looking like shit.

merce77

Star
Registered
I can finally agree about this Gatti statement... At least I know Gatti's power was the real deal. Now Gatti's chin might have been the coke.

Margarito somewhere started hurting niggas on another level. We all know that nigga got the nintendo power glove on some "The Wizard" shit, and then we had to give it up to the power but he still fought like shit. Even when he hurt Cotto he was looking like shit.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: