Martinez targets Pacman, Floyd

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lol, dude jmm had two opportunities to beat manny. He failed each time. It is that simple. I rather see cotto and manny fight. At least cotto can bring up the weight shit. Clear up what drug testing question? All fighters get tested anyways. He has come up hot so it is time to move on from that subject.

I wouldn't like to see Manny and Cotto fight again. I want to see new fights. I'd like to see Manny fight Berto, Mosley, Bradley, Alexander,etc. There are a lot of good new fights to be made instead of watching Manny and Marquez fight over and over again. Those fights were far from "classics" IMO. Actually, the only real excitement in the first fight with Marquez was in the first two rounds. After that, the fight was actually a little boring because back then all Pac had was the left and once Marquez shut that down the fight lacked fireworks. The second fight was good but I wouldn't call it a classic either.

As far as the drug testing accusations. They've just gotten so lame and unconvincing. Tim Smith and Teddy Atlas even lost credibility by pushing the imaginary email theory. There are so many contradictions when trying to push this Pac is on drugs rumor. It's befuddling how anyone could have the balls to even try and push those arguments without a real basis other than what some disgruntled possible future opponent says. A future opponent that seems to be finding ways out of fighting at all for more than once a year.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
I wouldn't like to see Manny and Cotto fight again. I want to see new fights. I'd like to see Manny fight Berto, Mosley, Bradley, Alexander,etc. There are a lot of good new fights to be made instead of watching Manny and Marquez fight over and over again. Those fights were far from "classics" IMO. Actually, the only real excitement in the first fight with Marquez was in the first two rounds. After that, the fight was actually a little boring because back then all Pac had was the left and once Marquez shut that down the fight lacked fireworks. The second fight was good but I wouldn't call it a classic either.

As far as the drug testing accusations. They've just gotten so lame and unconvincing. Tim Smith and Teddy Atlas even lost credibility by pushing the imaginary email theory. There are so many contradictions when trying to push this Pac is on drugs rumor. It's befuddling how anyone could have the balls to even try and push those arguments without a real basis other than what some disgruntled possible future opponent says. A future opponent that seems to be finding ways out of fighting at all for more than once a year.

Bert, bradley, and alexander must want to shoot themselves. Neither pbf or manny will fight them. But does anyone think they stand a chance against those two. Both of these guys have to do the bigger and better thing if they are not fighting each other. Pbf and manny just have to fight bigger guys. Manny is doing that. Pbf needs to if he isnt fighting manny. That is why I suggest a cotto fight for manny. It could be the same as the first one. Or it could be different.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bert, bradley, and alexander must want to shoot themselves. Neither pbf or manny will fight them. But does anyone think they stand a chance against those two. Both of these guys have to do the bigger and better thing if they are not fighting each other. Pbf and manny just have to fight bigger guys. Manny is doing that. Pbf needs to if he isnt fighting manny. That is why I suggest a cotto fight for manny. It could be the same as the first one. Or it could be different.

Actually, Pac is in a great position. He has a 154lb belt and he could partially unify at 154lb with Cotto which would lend more credibility to his claim in that weight class. In retrospect, Pac vs Williams might not have been such a mismatch because Williams would have run into those same big shots from the left handed stance. If Pac would have laid Williams out like that then they really would have been talking that steroid stuff when in reality it's all a matter of styles.

Anyway, Manny is giving the fans exciting fights and even those that said they were going to boycott the Margarito fight ended up watching it and came away impressed. At least Pac is an active fighter giving the boxing fans something to watch.

PBF would make the mix interesting but the guy just seems semi retired.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Actually, Pac is in a great position. He has a 154lb belt and he could partially unify at 154lb with Cotto which would lend more credibility to his claim in that weight class. In retrospect, Pac vs Williams might not have been such a mismatch because Williams would have run into those same big shots from the left handed stance. If Pac would have laid Williams out like that then they really would have been talking that steroid stuff when in reality it's all a matter of styles.

Anyway, Manny is giving the fans exciting fights and even those that said they were going to boycott the Margarito fight ended up watching it and came away impressed. At least Pac is an active fighter giving the boxing fans something to watch.

Cotto has to want a rematch. Didnt manny beat him so bad cotto's wifey took his son and ran out the stands? I think it would be interesting. I am just not even thing about manny fighting a lightweight. I would expect that from pbf. But manny seems to have more heart than that.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
One thing I hate about heavy handed fighters.... at some point they get too comfortable with KOing/hurting niggas that they don't even try to put together a game plan or polish up their skills. They start thinking they can just land one punch and win fights. Head movement and some consistent work with the jab would have changed that fight.

Kroch almost let him land a lucky one in the 12th...otherwise that was a beatdown for 11 of the 12 rounds...

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He is right once and is shocked. Let him put together a logical argument on his own and I will be shocked.

:lol: Don't try and swagger jack me, bitch! No one here talks more about how Cotto wasn't weight drained against Pac than I do. If anything, you fed off of my argument because piggybacking is all you know how to do...trying to be slick.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Why even argue with dude, some of the shit he says simply makes no sense at all. To answer your question, boxing fans just want to see their guy win, no matter who he's fighting. I remember back when a fighter stepped up and beat your guy, he earned respect and most of the times could count you as a fan as well afterward, now ninjas make all kinds of excuses. No catch weight bullshit necessary with that fight - Roach already said Manny could fight Marquez comfortably at 140lbs. Anything higher would just be Manny and his peoples again trying to have the unfair advantage. I don't know if ya'll remember but right after losing to Morales, the first thing Manny did was cry about the gloves, then the blood test before the fight made him weak, then the weight. Dude is not the nice gracious guy they make him out to be. He's nice as long as he wins and gets his way. Homies ego is just as big as Floyd's.

Yep.

:lol::lol::lol: Exactly, what fucking layman boxing fan knew Clottey? What earned Clottey the right to get a payday, what fans were screaming for that fight to get made? I think even if Marquez looks spectacular and dismantles Katsidis, Manny's peoples are NOT letting Manny step in the ring with Marquez again.
They want no parts of JMM again even if he does make himself an even more attractive opponent. Any argument for seeing him fight Cotto again or Mosley is just ridiculous especially coming from fans who like to say they just want to see fights get made. Why would you want to see the lesser of the available options?

merce77

Star
Registered
Cotto has to want a rematch. Didnt manny beat him so bad cotto's wifey took his son and ran out the stands? I think it would be interesting. I am just not even thing about manny fighting a lightweight. I would expect that from pbf. But manny seems to have more heart than that.

Oh so now you find a new argument to latch on to. A new reason why Manny shouldn't fight MArquez. Gtfoh, I can't respect you dude.:smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

So that's it, you've drank the Kool Aid. Gotcha.

How about him fighting a jr welterweight, his own natural division? JMM could meet him there easily.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Name them.
I got one for ya..IKE QUARTEY VS Oscar De la hoya..IMO Oscar got that ASS WHIP..he won the last round YES but if you score the fight round by round oscar lost..it wasn't even close. Both scored knock downs and IKE won most of the rounds,so why did Oscar get the win? And what was even MORE fucked up was when they gave the interview he says i dont think the fight was good/exciting and did'nt want the rematch..BULLSHIT!

merce77

Star
Registered
I got one for ya..IKE QUARTEY VS Oscar De la hoya..IMO Oscar got that ASS WHIP..he won the last round YES but if you score the fight round by round oscar lost..it wasn't even close. Both scored knock downs and IKE won most of the rounds,so why did Oscar get the win? And what was even MORE fucked up was when they gave the interview he says i dont think the fight was good/exciting and did'nt want the rematch..BULLSHIT!

:hmm:That fight was up for grabs in the last round, try watching it with the bias turned OFF. It helps.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
:hmm:That fight was up for grabs in the last round, try watching it with the bias turned OFF. It helps.

I just saw that fight not long ago and I really thought Ike could have won that fight and earned a rematch but it was close going into the last round. Ike stopped throwing punches and Oscar came off like he wanted it more.
Oscar was a bitch for not giving him a rematch.

merce77

Star
Registered
I just saw that fight not long ago and I really thought Ike could have won that fight and earned a rematch but it was close going into the last round. Ike stopped throwing punches and Oscar came off like he wanted it more.

Agreed on that, that was a great fight and deserved a rematch. But Quartey laid up on the ropes in the last round and even got knocked down, which pretty much sealed the fight for Oscar.. All them dudes from Ghana just clam up when they're getting hit, the shit is infuriating.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'd still like to see a Mosley Cotto rematch.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yes aka Chicken

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: Don't try and swagger jack me, bitch! No one here talks more about how Cotto wasn't weight drained against Pac than I do. If anything, you fed off of my argument because piggybacking is all you know how to do...trying to be slick.
REALLY? naw...say it ain't so:lol:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NOW THAT'S WUZUP!:yes:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would have after the Margarito slaughter but not now. Shane's going to need a good performance for me to buy him as a legit guy again.
humm ok but against who? Whom would be a good fight for him now? i can't come up with a good fight for him other than Cotto:dunno:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
REALLY? naw...say it ain't so:lol:
Cotto LOOKED physically fine in the fight with Manny. Yes, two people can see with their eyes..., but for some reason your friend thinks that he discovered Atlantis by looking at a fight and making a general observation. Most people made that observation which is why most people don't want that dumb ass fight again, but this guy saw that and still wants the rematch. That say a lot about how his brain works. I wish he was actually making an argument that involved some form of logic than maybe he could pat himself on the back for a real achievement.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cotto LOOKED physically fine in the fight with Manny. Yes, two people can see with their eyes..., but for some reason your friend thinks that he discovered Atlantis by looking at a fight and making a general observation. Most people made that observation which is why most people don't want that dumb ass fight again, but this guy saw that and still wants the rematch. That say a lot about how his brain works. I wish he was actually making an argument that involved some form of logic than maybe he could pat himself on the back for a real achievement.

:lol: You're such a silly little clown. I've got documented articles all over the Internet stating my opinion on the subject so you can attempt to distort stuff all you want it just makes you look like your jealous, retarded, or both. Kids:smh:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let him fight Berto (if he can still safely get to 147) or one of the better (or at least better known) jr. middleweights.
Now hold up..didn't you guys say in previous posts that shane lost speed and he can't beat any of the top guys /welters? then why that fight? wouldn't you rather see Berto fight Mayweather? Whats your take on a Berto Mayweather fight

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Now hold up..didn't you guys say in previous posts that shane lost speed and he can't beat any of the top guys /welters? then why that fight? wouldn't you rather see Berto fight Mayweather? Whats your take on a Berto Mayweather fight

I still say he's lost speed and I have a hard time seeing him beating any top welter but if they make the fight (with Pac, I mean), there is a chance he could win because of the styles matchup. I'm against it because Pacquiao has at least two better options.

Between Mosley and Mayweather, I'd rather see Berto fight Mayweather. I don't see how he would beat him but he's strong and fast and it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility because anything can happen once the bell rings. Berto's never going to be ready and the welterweight ranks have thinned out in a hurry so he should push hard for a fight with either Pac or Mayweather. Really, he should have given a rematch to Collazo and if they had another really good fight and he won, that would have helped him a lot more than these last two fights have.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Shane should retire.

Berto seems like he is willing to fight bums until Manny and Floyd retire and then control welter like the Klitsckos control heavy or make a name for himself against the 140 guys who might come up.

3rd__Optic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sergio would be doomed from the beginning. His years of inexperience would count against him when dealing with a fighter like Floyd. Sergio started late boxing. Being a physical freak will not save him against Floyd. Hell Pac may even have a good chance at knocking Sergio out.

From My Samsung Gee S4