Martinez targets Pacman, Floyd

merce77

Star
Registered
Doesnt matter that manny barely won. He won that last fight. Lol, he is supposed to go back and fight jmm because the fight was close. Did pbf go back and fight oscar? Did calzaghe fight bhop? Did oscar fight sweet pea? Come on dude. JMM lost and he had his chance. JMM looked like shit against pbf. And he probably will lose his next fight. Move to a fight like the one in the opening post. Forget this JMM talk.

You sound more nervous than Manny talking about JMM, you're points also have no merit. JMM looked like shit against PBF while jumping TWO weight classes to fight him, he'd barely been a lightweight for 2 fights as well - a weight class they said he was too small for. All those other fights you mentioned were boring as shit and would have made lil money had they been fought again. The public clamored for a 3rd fight, most writers and boxing people thought Marquez won. Fuck what the record says. The record says PBF won the first Castillo fight but records often lie.
And Marquez is going to lose to Katsidis? What planet do you MAnny stans come from, Marquez looked sharp as fuck in his last fight against a better fighter than Katsidis - Juan Diaz, who incidentally was able to outbox Katsidis and take his power shots better than he took Marquez's. After Marquez destroys Katsidis and all the HBO people talk about a Manny should fight Marquez next - it still won't happen, Manny wants no part of that boy. But yet he wants Shane Mosley or Miguel Cotto? GTFOH.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
You sound more nervous than Manny talking about JMM, you're points also have no merit. JMM looked like shit against PBF while jumping TWO weight classes to fight him, he'd barely been a lightweight for 2 fights as well - a weight class they said he was too small for. All those other fights you mentioned were boring as shit and would have made lil money had they been fought again. The public clamored for a 3rd fight, most writers and boxing people thought Marquez won. Fuck what the record says. The record says PBF won the first Castillo fight but records often lie.
And Marquez is going to lose to Katsidis? What planet do you MAnny stans come from, Marquez looked sharp as fuck in his last fight against a better fighter than Katsidis - Juan Diaz, who incidentally was able to outbox Katsidis and take his power shots better than he took Marquez's. After Marquez destroys Katsidis and all the HBO people talk about a Manny should fight Marquez next - it still won't happen, Manny wants no part of that boy. But yet he wants Shane Mosley or Miguel Cotto? GTFOH.

Nervous about what? Lol, you making up stuff now. I dont give a rats ass if JMM or Manny lose their next 10 fights. i just want to see a good fight. i feel JMM has done nothing to deserve a third fight. If they fight, cool. If not, cool to that too.

JMM could lose to katsidis. You are acting like it is impossible. I never even said JMM will lose. Funny shit.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Katsidis has ZERO defense and comes straight in throwing wide winging punches. He was ko'd by an ancient Casamayor for fucks sake. Marquez is a precise counterpuncher STILL at the top of his game who is most effective when people attack him. Comparing Diaz and Katsidis is horseshit as Diaz actually has some boxing skills. Marquez by ko in about the 6th or 7th round, it won't even be a close fight. BTW Manny has not evolved in 2 years. For the last 2 years he's been fighting guys that make it look that way, he was fighting way better comp at the lighter weights which is why he didn't look like a world beater then. Manny still makes a slew of mistakes, the same mistakes MArquez will expose yet again. A 3rd fight with them would look basically the same, with Marquez getting the short end of the stick because Manny is Manny.

I don't think much of Katsidis either but I think youth and freshness can count for a lot in a fight. I don't see JMM as still at the top of his game, I see some slippage. A young fighter that will take it to him and make him work will make him look his age in the ring, hence the Diaz illustration. JMM didn't go life and death because Diaz was such a good boxer, he went life and death because Diaz jumped on him like a young boy, blasted on him and he could barely keep up. If Diaz wouldn't have gotten stopped, he would have won that fight. But hey, if my aunt had balls she'd be Jesus.

Regarding Manny, of course he makes mistakes just like any other fighter but you can't honestly tell me that you don't think Manny has evolved. I just can't believe you really think that. Oh, I see, you threw in "the last 2 years". Ok, I don't care if it was 2 years or the last 6 months. The point is, Pac has evolved since the last time he fought Marquez which was over 2 years ago. Especially in the first fight, all Marquez had to do was take away the left and Manny was done. You can't honestly believe that is still the case.

Regarding Katsidis, yeah Casamayor stopped Katsidis in a war after going life and death with him and almost getting stopped himself. Marquez fought Casamayor right after this war so it's not like he was fighting the best Casamayor. Regardless, I will not be surprised at all if Marquez has a very hard time with Katsidis.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

C'mon man. Diaz could barely get by freaking Paulie Malignaggi by the time he got to Marquez. Actually, Malignaggi can't punch and he had Diaz on queer street! At this point in the game, Katsidis is fresher than Diaz and that doesn't have anything to do with talent or boxing IQ. Sometimes just being fresher wins fights.

You state Diaz was able to take Katsidis' shots better than he took Marquez's assuming you're talking about the second fight with Marquez. Again, Diaz was getting rocked by Malignaggi in his fight right before Marquez. Marquez is not at the top of his game anymore and his work at 135lbs is dubious.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Everyone talks about all these mistakes manny makes. But none of the professional boxers and trainers out there cant capitalize on his so call mistakes. That cracks me up.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Everyone talks about all these mistakes manny makes. But none of the professional boxers and trainers out there cant capitalize on his so call mistakes. That cracks me up.

Agreed. Everyone makes mistakes when they're faced with the opposition to bring out those mistakes. Even PBF which may be the reason why he has chosen to be so inactive.

merce77

Star
Registered
Agreed. Everyone makes mistakes when they're faced with the opposition to bring out those mistakes. Even PBF which may be the reason why he has chosen to be so inactive.

So you're telling me that Manny has been facing the fighters that can bring out those mistakes. There have been no boxers on his list since 130lbs.

merce77

Star
Registered
C'mon man. Diaz could barely get by freaking Paulie Malignaggi by the time he got to Marquez. Actually, Malignaggi can't punch and he had Diaz on queer street! At this point in the game, Katsidis is fresher than Diaz and that doesn't have anything to do with talent or boxing IQ. Sometimes just being fresher wins fights.

You state Diaz was able to take Katsidis' shots better than he took Marquez's assuming you're talking about the second fight with Marquez. Again, Diaz was getting rocked by Malignaggi in his fight right before Marquez. Marquez is not at the top of his game anymore and his work at 135lbs is dubious.

And Manny's isn't?!?! Beating a shoemaker, David Diaz, for an alphabet title and then running out of the division upon Marquez's arrival, and then a slew of slow footed brawlers, you guys are funny.:lol::lol:
He didn't want Shane Mosley after Mosley destroyed Margarito, Roach saying "it's not a good match for Manny", but now that Mosley's looked like shit his last 2 fights they want him?!?!? Ya'll are some double talking dudes. Nobody at 140 wants a piece of Marquez either, so much so that he might have to settle for Guerrero or Morales for his next fight. If he was shot or not at the top of his game anymore, believe me these young guys would be gunning for him just to have his name on their resume, kinda like Manny with Mosley.:rolleyes:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So you're telling me that Manny has been facing the fighters that can bring out those mistakes. There have been no boxers on his list since 130lbs.

He's been fighting period and the more you fight the more you show your mistakes. It doesn't take a boxer style to expose a guy's mistakes, look at Ricardo Mayorga or even Iran Barkley. They were able to bring out and capitalize on mistakes made by opponents that had far more finesse than they.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And Manny's isn't?!?! Beating a shoemaker, David Diaz, for an alphabet title and then running out of the division upon Marquez's arrival, and then a slew of slow footed brawlers, you guys are funny.:lol::lol:
He didn't want Shane Mosley after Mosley destroyed Margarito, Roach saying "it's not a good match for Manny", but now that Mosley's looked like shit his last 2 fights they want him?!?!? Ya'll are some double talking dudes. Nobody at 140 wants a piece of Marquez either, so much so that he might have to settle for Guerrero or Morales for his next fight. If he was shot or not at the top of his game anymore, believe me these young guys would be gunning for him just to have his name on their resume, kinda like Manny with Mosley.:rolleyes:

I was talking about Marquez not Manny. I didn't say Manny's comp at 135 wasn't dubious. Manny's work at 135lb was limited as well. I don't think this was a mystery. I don't see how that changes any argument regarding Marquez either. Also, I don't think Marquez wants a piece of anything at 140 or else he would be fighting there. 140 is much deeper than 135 so why did Marquez choose to go to 135? Marquez does not have a lot left and a guy like Timothy Bradley would seriously outhustle him.

merce77

Star
Registered
He's been fighting period and the more you fight the more you show your mistakes. It doesn't take a boxer style to expose a guy's mistakes, look at Ricardo Mayorga or even Iran Barkley. They were able to bring out and capitalize on mistakes made by opponents that had far more finesse than they.

Against one opponent each, Forrest and Hearns. Manny's weakness is against guys who can actually box intelligently, you can argue all you want but he's been fighting no one who can do that and you know it. Now I'm going to take a page from Manny's quotables and say "I'm done with this Marquez business".:lol::lol:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Against one opponent each, Forrest and Hearns. Manny's weakness is against guys who can actually box intelligently, you can argue all you want but he's been fighting no one who can do that and you know it. Now I'm going to take a page from Manny's quotables and say "I'm done with this Marquez business".:lol::lol:

All it takes is one opponent. Need more examples? Ivan Calderon and Giovanni Segura, Luis Perez and Felix Machado, Wilfredo Vazquez vs Eloy Rojas. Face first sluggers that come in shape and have loads of determination expose more finessed fighters all the time in boxing.

Ah, ducking again like always. You must be overrated as you don't want to fight unless your opponent is handicapped with a catchweight or something. However, you shouldn't depend on catchweights to weaken your opponent, Paul Williams got KO'd even though he made Martinez come down 4 pounds in their catchweight bout.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Merce, You got to understand that these were the same niggas that were on that "Mosley was the best welter" shit after he beat Margarito. I said Mosley was old before that fight and that Margarito was a bum, but these niggas wanted to believe the hype so bad that they wouldn't even listen to reason. Then Mosley step in the ring with PBF and Margarito step in the ring with Pac.

I championed Manny as PBF greatest challenge and these niggas said he was too small. Now they want to switch sides on the issue when Manny small 146 lb ass is putting the hurts on niggas (even though its at catch weights). Now that they are believers that Manny is the last hope to beat the fighter they hate the most. All of a sudden they can't speak any ill about Manny. They have run around calling people Floyd-lovers but they are quick to accept anything that is anti-Floyd no matter how ridiculous it is.

Marquez is a better boxer than Manny. Marquez is a fighter that will put it on the line... I will say that about him more than both, Manny and PBF. He was willing to step in the ring with best fighter regardless of his disadvantages, because he wants to be the best. Marquez wasn't looking old in that fight with Floyd, he was dealing with a best defense in boxing today and he had trouble landing shots, but he kept trying to the very end.

I respect Marquez cause he is the full package and I don't know why any one who is boxing fan would not want him and Manny to finish their business. Both of their previous fights were fun to watch and close. Plus Manny's name alone is selling his fights so that money argument is bullshit. Clottey could barely sell-out a high school gym with tickets at $20 a pop, but with Manny they do numbers. Imagine the hype around Manny fighting his last great opponent.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Merce, You got to understand that these were the same niggas that were on that "Mosley was the best welter" shit after he beat Margarito. I said Mosley was old before that fight and that Margarito was a bum, but these niggas wanted to believe the hype so bad that they wouldn't even listen to reason. Then Mosley step in the ring with PBF and Margarito step in the ring with Pac.

I championed Manny as PBF greatest challenge and these niggas said he was too small. Now they want to switch sides on the issue when Manny small 146 lb ass is putting the hurts on niggas (even though its at catch weights). Now that they are believers that Manny is the last hope to beat the fighter they hate the most. All of a sudden they can't speak any ill about Manny. They have run around calling people Floyd-lovers but they are quick to accept anything that is anti-Floyd no matter how ridiculous it is.

Marquez is a better boxer than Manny. Marquez is a fighter that will put it on the line... I will say that about him more than both, Manny and PBF. He was willing to step in the ring with best fighter regardless of his disadvantages, because he wants to be the best. Marquez wasn't looking old in that fight with Floyd, he was dealing with a best defense in boxing today and he had trouble landing shots, but he kept trying to the very end.

I respect Marquez cause he is the full package and I don't know why any one who is boxing fan would not want him and Manny to finish their business. Both of their previous fights were fun to watch and close. Plus Manny's name alone is selling his fights so that money argument is bullshit. Clottey could barely sell-out a high school gym with tickets at $20 a pop, but with Manny they do numbers. Imagine the hype around Manny fighting his last great opponent.

I'm not sure who you are referring to by "these niggas" but I've been saying Shane was shot for the longest and I've got documented proof: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/118216-mosley-and-hopkins-overrated

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Then why is Manny even considering fighting dude? None of the guys that Manny has fought since lightweight are as good as Marquez yet the public doesn't want to see a 3rd fight? C'mon man.

I agree with you i'd LOVE to see that fight..however i think the Pacman of today knocks him out in under 10 rounds. Back THEN he was a more one dimensional fighter..NOW he has a more developed right hand..he Jabs off it better then hooks off the jab,leads with the hook etc....he mixes his combo's better and more offten and with better head & foot movement that PLUS he has more confidence..that and the fact now he's the champ also pound4pound conciderd the best. He will do his damn best to up hold that title and image. All of this of course is IMO.

merce77

Star
Registered
I agree with you i'd LOVE to see that fight..however i think the Pacman of today knocks him out in under 10 rounds. Back THEN he was a more one dimensional fighter..NOW he has a more developed right hand..he Jabs off it better then hooks off the jab,leads with the hook etc....he mixes his combo's better and more offten and with better head & foot movement that PLUS he has more confidence..that and the fact now he's the champ also pound4pound conciderd the best. He will do his damn best to up hold that title and image. All of this of course is IMO.

I hear what you're saying, maybe you're right, but I think he's LOOKED better and more developed because of who he's been fighting. Manny is a beast when it comes to going to WAR, all the guys he's been fighting, Hatton, Cotto, Oscar, Clottey, Margarito, all those guys go to war when hit, they don't stick to a plan and box. Could you really see him beating a young Oscar, the one who boxed circles around Tito and outboxed Mosley the second fight. Even Oscar after the Tito fight had a propensity to fight more and box less. Clottey just covered up but when he did hit dude, I mean Manny literally looked like he'd gotten the shit beat out of him after that fight. Margarito has no boxing skills whatsoever and neither does Hatton. I guy with Manny's talent could look AWESOME against those guys, like Floyd looking unbeatable against Baldomir or Gatti, he def had a bit more trouble with an older Oscar and a prime Judah(at least for a few rounds).

All I'm saying is, there are VERY GOOD REASONS why the public - aside from a Mayweather fight - want to see Manny fight Marquez. And there are VERY GOOD REASONS why Manny doesn't want it - but he will fight a guy like Shane who has looked terrible his last 2 fights. Especially in his last one against a guy like Mora, who moves alot. Just EARLY THIS YEAR Roach was talking about, and I'm paraphrasing, 'Mosley is a fight we don't really want, it's not a good match for Manny, but if he beats Floyd we would have to because it's the right thing to do'. Now after two wack Mosley performances they're calling him out, when Mosley was willing to cut weight and fight at 140 last year to face Pac. Highly suspect, and I was happy Max Kellerman called them on this bullshit last Saturday, I believe the word he used was "unacceptable".

merce77

Star
Registered

Agree totally. Manny just doesn't want it, he'd rather fight old, slow and shot fighters, so he can continue to look like the greatest of all times(what a fucking joke that is). I can't believe alot of writers are actually calling him that shit. One dude actually said he ko's Pernell, Ray Leonard and Duran.:eek::lol::lol:

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agree totally. Manny just doesn't want it, he'd rather fight old, slow and shot fighters, so he can continue to look like the greatest of all times(what a fucking joke that is). I can't believe alot of writers are actually calling him that shit. One dude actually said he ko's Pernell, Ray Leonard and Duran.:eek::lol::lol:

C/S like a mofo....Yeah whom ever that was HAD to be smoking the strongest shit he ever smoked in his LIFE :lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

If that is true he shouldn't have been bullshitting on making that fight. There have been doubts in people minds about what happened in his fights with Marquez and if Pac is bigger/a more "complete" fighter now, he should have been jumping at the chance to prove himself.

If Pac is about being the best in boxing, can someone explain Clottey or Margarito over Marquez?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

I understand them believing that he could compete with them but these motherfuckers are losing their minds going that far.

merce77

Star
Registered
If that is true he shouldn't have been bullshitting on making that fight. There have been doubts in people minds about what happened in his fights with Marquez and if Pac is bigger/a more "complete" fighter now, he should have been jumping at the chance to prove himself.

If Pac is about being the best in boxing, can someone explain Clottey or Margarito over Marquez?

I'll go one step further, if Pac was clean and believed he could beat Floyd he would have jumped at the chance to prove both.:yes:

merce77

Star
Registered
C/S like a mofo....Yeah whom ever that was HAD to be smoking the strongest shit he ever smoked in his LIFE :lol:

:yes:That Afghanistan hashish.:lol:

I understand them believing that he could compete with them but these motherfuckers are losing their minds going that far.

Compete? Probably, I don't see him being straight embarassed against any of those guys except MAYBE Pernell, he was just that great defensively and could defend from any angle. Dude was like fluid.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
. One dude actually said he ko's Pernell, Ray Leonard and Duran.:eek::lol::lol:

man...I actually read a few articles and just :smh::smh::smh: Pernell would make Pacman look like a local gym boxer... these cats are drinking way too much of the Pacman koolaid...I respect dude...but lets be serious....he is footing slow-footer fighters who just stand in front of thin

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
man...I actually read a few articles and just :smh::smh::smh: Pernell would make Pacman look like a local gym boxer... these cats are drinking way too much of the Pacman koolaid...I respect dude...but lets be serious....he is footing slow-footer fighters who just stand in front of thin

Lol, i don't know about that. They both are special fighters. And considering sweet pea is not active. Any determing who would win the fight has nothing to draw a conclusion from.

Manny is a special fighter. And at this moment only a few fighters available have a real shot beating him. Only one is in his weight class. The others are not.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Oh by the way, I realize something. If Marquez loss to Floyd is reason why Manny doesn't want to fight him then how does Mosley loss to Floyd affect the match up? It doesn't add up except for one thing....

Back when the drug testing issue was a big deal, Marquez said that he wouldn't fight Manny again without the Olympic style drug testing. So I believe that is the real reason Marquez isn't on the table for Pacman.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Oh by the way, I realize something. If Marquez loss to Floyd is reason why Manny doesn't want to fight him then how does Mosley loss to Floyd affect the match up? It doesn't add up except for one thing....

Back when the drug testing issue was a big deal, Marquez said that he wouldn't fight Manny again without the Olympic style drug testing. So I believe that is the real reason Marquez isn't on the table for Pacman.

Marquez lost isnt the reason to me. If i were in manny's camp I would be against it for these reasons.

1) manny already has the only win in the series. One victory over an opponent is usually good enough.
2) JMM isnt fighting in the higher weight classes.
3) PBF fight can still be made
4) shane is available to be beaten into retirement

Lol, Marquez is crying about drug testing too. Man fighters are lame as hell these days. I saw a shirt yesterday with ali and fraizer. And i though about it. Would ali duck a manny or cry about drugs?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Lol, i don't know about that. They both are special fighters. And considering sweet pea is not active. Any determing who would win the fight has nothing to draw a conclusion from.

Come on son. Manny would get embarrassed by Sweat Pea...he would have Pacman swinging at air all night and counter him to death. Pacman struggles with counterpunches... it would get ugly against maybe the best defensive welterweight ever who can counter..

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Marquez lost isnt the reason to me. If i were in manny's camp I would be against it for these reasons.

1) manny already has the only win in the series. One victory over an opponent is usually good enough.
2) JMM isnt fighting in the higher weight classes.
3) PBF fight can still be made
4) shane is available to be beaten into retirement

Lol, Marquez is crying about drug testing too. Man fighters are lame as hell these days. I saw a shirt yesterday with ali and fraizer. And i though about it. Would ali duck a manny or cry about drugs?

^^^^Buk you are a goofy nigga. Why should anyone have a conversation with you?

1) In most cases, there would be no series if everything was decided with one victory even the close ones.

2) JMM would move up or Manny could move down or even better Manny meet him at a catch weight.

3) Manny is afraid of drug testing and there is only one reason for that.

4) I thought people wanted to see good fights, not just lopsided beat downs. Boxing fans are lame these days. I just imagine about the good old days. Would fans want to see Ali fight the Jerry Quarrys instead of the Fraziers, Nortons and Foremans?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
One fight was judged as a tie. The other fight even if you gave it to Manny, you have to admit that Manny barely made it out that fight with the win. When you barely win you are suppose to go back and make it clear for people that you won. Especially if you are claiming to be the best.

That's what Paul Williams did.

Oh, bad example.

Then why is Manny even considering fighting dude? None of the guys that Manny has fought since lightweight are as good as Marquez yet the public doesn't want to see a 3rd fight? C'mon man.

Like the public was clamoring to see him fight Clottey. Arum's on some shit for even saying that. Fuck Manny, check his blood.
JMM needs to take care of business with Katsidis and then they'll have to make the fight.

merce77

Star
Registered
^^^^Buk you are a goofy nigga. Why should anyone have a conversation with you?

1) In most cases, there would be no series if everything was decided with one victory even the close ones.

2) JMM would move up or Manny could move down or even better Manny meet him at a catch weight.

3) Manny is afraid of drug testing and there is only one reason for that.

4) I thought people wanted to see good fights, not just lopsided beat downs. Boxing fans are lame these days. I just imagine about the good old days. Would fans want to see Ali fight the Jerry Quarrys instead of the Fraziers, Nortons and Foremans?

Why even argue with dude, some of the shit he says simply makes no sense at all. To answer your question, boxing fans just want to see their guy win, no matter who he's fighting. I remember back when a fighter stepped up and beat your guy, he earned respect and most of the times could count you as a fan as well afterward, now ninjas make all kinds of excuses. No catch weight bullshit necessary with that fight - Roach already said Manny could fight Marquez comfortably at 140lbs. Anything higher would just be Manny and his peoples again trying to have the unfair advantage. I don't know if ya'll remember but right after losing to Morales, the first thing Manny did was cry about the gloves, then the blood test before the fight made him weak, then the weight. Dude is not the nice gracious guy they make him out to be. He's nice as long as he wins and gets his way. Homies ego is just as big as Floyd's.

Oh, bad example.

Like the public was clamoring to see him fight Clottey.
Arum's on some shit for even saying that. Fuck Manny, check his blood.
JMM needs to take care of business with Katsidis and then they'll have to make the fight.

:lol::lol::lol: Exactly, what fucking layman boxing fan knew Clottey? What earned Clottey the right to get a payday, what fans were screaming for that fight to get made? I think even if Marquez looks spectacular and dismantles Katsidis, Manny's peoples are NOT letting Manny step in the ring with Marquez again.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Oh, bad example.

Lmao, funny. But there are so many cases of fighters not giving another fighter a rematch after a lost. It isn't like fighters are required to do that. And manny and jmm did it again after the draw. Manny won. There is no point for them to fight again unless JMM makes a fight attractive by becoming a champ at a higher weight class.

merce77

Star
Registered
Lmao, funny. But there are so many cases of fighters not giving another fighter a rematch after a lost. It isn't like fighters are required to do that. And manny and jmm did it again after the draw. Manny won. There is no point for them to fight again unless JMM makes a fight attractive by becoming a champ at a higher weight class.

Name them.