Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Name them.

Pbf vs oscar
Pascal vs dawson
Sergio vs cintron
Prescott vs mir

Just a few fights of the top of my head. You guys are talking like every close fight or loss is automatically done again as a rematch. If there is no rematch agreement and there are other fights to be made for the winner then rematches are not done.

merce77

Star
Registered
Pbf vs oscar
Pascal vs dawson
Sergio vs cintron
Prescott vs mir

Just a few fights of the top of my head. You guys are talking like every close fight or loss is automatically done again as a rematch. If there is no rematch agreement and there are other fights to be made for the winner then rematches are not done.

Nicca get the fuck outta here. The public wasn't clamoring for any of those fights. PBF and Oscar wasn't no fucking classic battle and this ain't MMA. Cintron never wanted no part of Sergio after getting ko'd and a gift draw in the same night and it was obvious, and he was well criticized for it. PASCAL/DAWSON!?!?!?! - that shit just happened a few months ago!!! :lol: Marquez and Pacman had two CLASSIC wars.

What would people have said if Morales didn't fight Barrera again(after most people felt Barrera was robbed), or Marquez didn't give Vazquez a rematch or Frazier staying away from Ali? No Ward/Gatti second fight or Duran/Leonard rematch or Robinson/Lamotta? C'mon son. You're just reaching for anything to give your boy Manny the benefit of the doubt. He may have the one win out of two fights, but very few people who know boxing and aren't thinking as fans, believe that he won either.

merce77

Star
Registered
De La Hoya vs Quartey
Kostya T vs Judah
Hagler vs Leonard
Trinidad vs De La Hoya
De La Hoya vs Whitaker
Chris John vs Marquez

There's a lot more.

And in every single one of those cases except the Oscar/Trinidad fight, the guy who won didn't want any part of a rematch, just like ya'll boy.

Kostya never saw fit to rematch Judah because he'd been getting his ass whipped when he landed the ko punch. Oscar/Quartey was highly disputed til this day and was Oscar toughest fight to that point. Hagler retired after that bullshit. Oscar could never fight and beat Tito any way except by running like he did and he knew it and NEVER CALLED OUT TITO.. John got a hometown decision and never wanted to rematch MArquez in the states even after coming over here. Oscar obviously never wanted a rematch with Whitaker after escaping with a gift himself.

I'm talking about classic fights here my man that went the whole 12 or 15 back and forth like MArquez and Pac. None of the fights you mentioned except for Quartey/DeLaHoya fit that mold, so sorry.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
And in every single one of those cases except the Oscar/Trinidad fight, the guy who won didn't want any part of a rematch, just like ya'll boy.

Kostya never saw fit to rematch Judah because he'd been getting his ass whipped when he landed the ko punch. Oscar/Quartey was highly disputed til this day and was Oscar toughest fight to that point. Hagler retired after that bullshit. Oscar could never fight and beat Tito any way except by running like he did and he knew it and NEVER CALLED OUT TITO.. John got a hometown decision and never wanted to rematch MArquez in the states even after coming over here. Oscar obviously never wanted a rematch with Whitaker after escaping with a gift himself.

I'm talking about classic fights here my man that went the whole 12 or 15 back and forth like MArquez and Pac. None of the fights you mentioned except for Quartey/DeLaHoya fit that mold, so sorry.

Hey, if you want people to just cosign what you right that is cool. But the point is there are tons of examples that have been made and can still be made. I understand if you want to see the fight. But manny and jmm did what you wanted. The fought after the draw. Manny got the victory and moved on. Anyways this thread is about fighters that have not met in the ring. We already saw the one you seem to want to talk about.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And in every single one of those cases except the Oscar/Trinidad fight, the guy who won didn't want any part of a rematch.

Kostya never saw fit to rematch Judah because he'd been getting his ass whipped when he landed the ko punch. Oscar/Quartey was highly disputed til this day and was Oscar toughest fight to that point. Hagler retired after that bullshit. Oscar could never fight and beat Tito any way except by running like he did. John got a hometown decision and never wanted to rematch MArquez in the states. Oscar obviously never wanted a rematch with Whitaker after escaping with a gift himself.

Exactly. The guy didn't want a rematch just like you say Pacquiao doesn't. Isn't that what you've been going on and on about post after post? This is not a rarity in boxing.

Lol, now you're amping the criteria to classic back and forth fights? Oh, and they had to go the full distance too? So, if the fight ended prematurely like Corrales-Castillo it doesn't count because it didn't go the full 12? LOL. I think you're reaching with this overly specific criteria just to prove some point.

Kostya Tzyzu vs Ricky Hatton
Hagler-Hearns (I know, it didn't go the full distance so I guess no one wanted to see a rematch)
Benn vs McClellan (joke)

merce77

Star
Registered
Hey, if you want people to just cosign what you right that is cool. But the point is there are tons of examples that have been made and can still be made. I understand if you want to see the fight. But manny and jmm did what you wanted. The fought after the draw. Manny got the victory and moved on. Anyways this thread is about fighters that have not met in the ring. We already saw the one you seem to want to talk about.

:hmm:It's pointless trying to have a debate with a person who comes with no facts. I don't care about you cosigning shit I'm saying, you're trying to make a point, I asked for facts, you came with bullshit, I called you on it, now you're catching feelings. The thread is about boxing, that's what we're discussing. And it's not what I wanted, the whole boxing community is calling for a 3rd fight unless you're ignoring that fact as well. Look if you don't have a valid argument for why the fight shouldn't happen, then just say so. Bye Buk.

Last edited:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
:hmm:It's pointless trying to have a debate with a person who comes with no facts. I don't care about you cosigning shit I'm saying, you're trying to make a point, I asked for facts, you came with bullshit, I called you on it, now you're catching feelings. The thread is about boxing, that's what we're discussing. If you don't have a valid argument for why the fight shouldn't happen, then just say so. Bye Buk.

I am some of the regs will come in and cosign you. You asked me and I pointed out what you asked me for. I am cool with you dismissing those fights. Fine by me.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:hmm:It's pointless trying to have a debate with a person who comes with no facts. I don't care about you cosigning shit I'm saying, you're trying to make a point, I asked for facts, you came with bullshit, I called you on it, now you're catching feelings. The thread is about boxing, that's what we're discussing. If you don't have a valid argument for why the fight shouldn't happen, then just say so. Bye Buk.

:lol: This is all so emotional for me right now. I think all of us are catching feelings because boxing means so much to us and the depression of these fights not being made is just ruining our relationship. Merc, Buk loves you. Buk, Merc loves you too. Everybody likes to be cosigned once in a while and Merc you may have let your ego get the best of you. Sometimes Buk does not feel like cosigning you. Sometimes Buk wants to be cosigned too. Merc, I suggest you realize the pain you cause to others with your actions. You are not always right, only I am. I wish you all a merry Christmas.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
:lol: This is all so emotional for me right now. I think all of us are catching feelings because boxing means so much to us and the depression of these fights not being made is just ruining our relationship. Merc, Buk loves you. Buk, Merc loves you too. Everybody likes to be cosigned once in a while and Merc you may have let your ego get the best of you. Sometimes Buk does not feel like cosigning you. Sometimes Buk wants to be cosigned too. Merc, I suggest you realize the pain you cause to others with your actions. You are not always right, only I am. I wish you all a merry Christmas.

Fuk xmas, lol.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I would have loved to see if kostya could have wrestled away his title from ricky.

Yeah, exactly but rematches don't always happen no matter how good a fight is and that's just boxing. This is not exclusive to any one fighter. Just like all this catchweight fuss. Freddie Roach and Pac did not invent catchweight fights. This has been going on for years and so many top fighters past and present have been in them. The Williams vs Martinez fight was a catchweight fight but for some reason this wasn't mentioned much, nobody was bitching, etc.

A better question than the original is: how many times have we seen a 3rd match between two guys where one of them hasn't even won one time?

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Yeah, exactly but rematches don't always happen no matter how good a fight is and that's just boxing. This is not exclusive to any one fighter. Just like all this catchweight fuss. Freddie Roach and Pac did not invent catchweight fights. This has been going on for years and so many top fighters past and present have been in them. The Williams vs Martinez fight was a catchweight fight but for some reason this wasn't mentioned much, nobody was bitching, etc.

A better question than the original is: how many times have we seen a 3rd match between two guys where one of them hasn't even won one time?

That is a good question.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

This is where need Blunt because he would google this and find them all and list them like he pulled it off the top of his head. That is a good question though.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
So boxing fans are now to the point that just because a fighter makes it out a fight by the slimmest victory there is no need for a rematch. I understand the bitchness of fighters avoiding a tough fight but fans are co signing this. :smh:

Add Berto v Collazo II to that list cause lord knows that boxing fans couldn't have used that fight during this wack year.

merce77

Star
Registered
So boxing fans are now to the point that just because a fighter makes it out a fight by the slimmest victory there is no need for a rematch. I understand the bitchness of fighters avoiding a tough fight but fans are co signing this. :smh:

Add Berto v Collazo II to that list cause lord knows that boxing fans couldn't have used that fight during this wack year.

Yup or Collazo/Hatton. A fight Ricky got a gift in.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Great cosign. But you are missing the point. Fighters dont always give rematches. The take the win and run. Manny took his victory and moved up from 130 to 154 lbs. Why focus on the series thay he has the only win in it? That fight was 6 fights ago. Why other fighter has someone talking about the need to fight a guy they beat in a lower weigth class? I mean jmm is still in 135 lbs. If jmm was fighting at 147 it would be an interesting fight. But right now manny is just to big to go down for jmm.

Now, sergio has an intriguing decision to make. Does he go after pwill to break the tie? Or does he fight a smaller dude. A fight against pwill probably is more likely happening than anything else. But pwill needs to beat the shit out of someone to make it attractive. Calling for a name that is ripe for a beatdown. Sugar Shave PWill might be that fight. Let Sergio take an easy fight and see the end on this trilogy.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Great cosign. But you are missing the point. Fighters dont always give rematches. The take the win and run. Manny took his victory and moved up from 130 to 154 lbs. Why focus on the series thay he has the only win in it? That fight was 6 fights ago. Why other fighter has someone talking about the need to fight a guy they beat in a lower weigth class? I mean jmm is still in 135 lbs. If jmm was fighting at 147 it would be an interesting fight. But right now manny is just to big to go down for jmm.

Now, sergio has an intriguing decision to make. Does he go after pwill to break the tie? Or does he fight a smaller dude. A fight against pwill probably is more likely happening than anything else. But pwill needs to beat the shit out of someone to make it attractive. Calling for a name that is ripe for a beatdown. Sugar Shave PWill might be that fight. Let Sergio take an easy fight and see the end on this trilogy.

No buk you are missing the point. I don't care what they do, my point of view is what should they be doing. If a fight is close enough were people are questioning who won, there should be a rematch to prove your victory was valid. It is that simple. That is what great fighters do.

If Manny had won both fights and then we could close that chapter but it is still up in the air as far as I'm concern and leaves some question marks on his legacy. You want Manny to win cheap fights which is bull shit... let him fight the best but he won't clear up the drug testing question marks either.

merce77

Star
Registered
No buk you are missing the point. I don't care what they do, my point of view is what should they be doing. If a fight is close enough were people are questioning who won their should be a rematch to prove your victory was valid. It is that simple. That is what great fighters do.

If Manny had won both fights and then we could close that chapter but it is still up in the air as far as I'm concern and leaves some question marks on his legacy. You want Manny to win cheap fights which is bull shit... let him fight the best but he won't clear up the drug testing question marks either.

He's not listening to you. The Pinoy Manny fans got to him already, Buk is lost to us. Anyway, Abraham just got that ass BEAT!!

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Getting taught a lesson.

One thing I hate about heavy handed fighters.... at some point they get too comfortable with KOing/hurting niggas that they don't even try to put together a game plan or polish up their skills. They start thinking they can just land one punch and win fights. Head movement and some consistent work with the jab would have changed that fight.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
No buk you are missing the point. I don't care what they do, my point of view is what should they be doing. If a fight is close enough were people are questioning who won, there should be a rematch to prove your victory was valid. It is that simple. That is what great fighters do.

Lol, dude jmm had two opportunities to beat manny. He failed each time. It is that simple. I rather see cotto and manny fight. At least cotto can bring up the weight shit. Clear up what drug testing question? All fighters get tested anyways. He has come up hot so it is time to move on from that subject.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
One thing I hate about heavy handed fighters.... at some point they get too comfortable with KOing/hurting niggas that they don't even try to put together a game plan or polish up their skills. They start thinking they can just land one punch and win fights. Head movement and some consistent work with the jab would have changed that fight.

Fighters get comfortable in the ring. Transforming styles is damn near impossible to do when you win most of the time.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Lol, dude jmm had two opportunities to beat manny. He failed each time. It is that simple. I rather see cotto and manny fight. At least cotto can bring up the weight shit. Clear up what drug testing question? All fighters get tested anyways. He has come up hot so it is time to move on from that subject.

Wow, you rather see the rematch to an almost one sided fight over two of the closest fights in recent history? Nigga we need to do some drug testing with you with these wack ass rebuttals.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Fighters get comfortable in the ring. Transforming styles is damn near impossible to do when you win most of the time.

Most fighters don't start off fighting like that. They have fundamentals in the beginning and start to shed that shit when the KO's come to easy.

On some real, I respect most pillow hand fighters cause they have to stay sharp.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Wow, you rather see the rematch to an almost one sided fight over two of the closest fights in recent history? Nigga we need to do some drug testing with you with these wack ass rebuttals.

I am interested in seeing cotto fight manny if they dont ask cotto to drain himself. Plus stewart is working with him. At 154 that might be a better fight. I am not interested in jmm fighting manny unless he beats a good fighter at 147 or at least 140.

Lol, you guys are funny. I didnt mean to disagree with the bgol boxing gods.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I am interested in seeing cotto fight manny if they dont ask cotto to drain himself. Plus stewart is working with him. At 154 that might be a better fight. I am not interested in jmm fighting manny unless he beats a good fighter at 147 or at least 140.

Lol, you guys are funny. I didnt mean to disagree with the bgol boxing gods.

You are right, he might win 3 or 4 rounds this time before the fight is stopped.:hmm::hmm: The fuck outta here with that bullshit. This weight shit is driving niggas off a cliff.

If their first fight was even a decent match maybe, but Cotto wasn't winded in that fight... he didn't look weak... he just thought that he would bully Pac around with his size and learned a lesson in the second round till the end.

Last edited:

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You are right, he might win 3 or 4 rounds this time before the fight is stopped.:hmm::hmm: The fuck outta here with that bullshit. This weight shit is driving niggas off a cliff.

If their first fight was even a decent match maybe, but Cotto wasn't winded in that fight... he didn't look weak... he just thought that he would bully Pac around with his size and learned a lesson in the second round till the end.

I can't believe this. I actually agree with you here.