Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Let me get what I need just in case.
tumblr_n7qhjfWqDP1r6s10yo1_400.gif

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I suggest yall find FULL SETS...
I'll be on the look out myself and try to help but find FULL SETS..

No time for picking and choosing.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Thinking about getting an usb Nintendo 64 controller

just one problem

All of them are cheaply made and the Nintendo 64 controller's joystick is notoriously known for not being durable.

and due to the fact that the trident shaped controller wasn't popular, there aren't too many companies looking to create modern recreations of them.

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
from reddit...

So, where can you find roms now that Nintendo is going crazy on the shutdowns?

For roms, check out this site. They mostly have old pc/DOS games, but they also have some Nintendo and Sega ROMs. And also vimm.net because they are an actual rom site that hasn't been shut down yet.

For romsets, check out these links from archive.org!

Nintendo Systems

Game Boy

Game Boy Color

Nintendo Entertainment System

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Nintendo 64

Sega Systems

Genesis

Master System

Atari Systems

For both, check out this site. They have three terabytes of ROMs and they also provide download commands (for Linux) for romsets.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Building a retropie is still something I want to do..

I was more of a Sega fan as a kid.. but these cases are really nice..

They have both the European Famicom case and the American SNES case

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
The above video is basically a VR front-end for your emulators...

Here you can recreate your bedroom from your childhood and use actual VR versions of your classic consoles as front ends for your roms.

I think this is cool, probably not for me but cool.

The recent SEGA compilation has a similar set up.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Here's a couple of things I wanted to say.

Sony is going to use to PCSX ReARMed to emulate games on the PS Mini, I personally recommend that you use Beetle PSX HW in retroarch, it's accurate and runs smoothly, PCSX ReARMed has some graphical glitches and the button response time is a bit off. I tested both cores with Mega Man 8 (a low graphic intensive game) and Metal Gear Solid (a high graphic intensive game) and Beetle won.

ReDream (The Dreamcast emulator) is now closed source, You'll have to use Reicast if you want to emulate Dreamcast thru retroarch..ReDream is pretty good and has a bright future, I would keep an eye on that if Dreamcast emulation is something you want get on.

For Sega Saturn, I recommend Beetle Saturn, which is the Saturn version Beetle PSX. The Saturn was a complicated piece of hardware to develop for back then and it's still complicated now so emulation is quite spotty. Beetle Saturn can run the 2D fighters from that era but when I tested a graphically intense game like Nights into Dreams, I encountered some slow down, still mostly playable with with noticeable slowdown.

It's a good break thru for Saturn fans but I'm not sure I can recommend it for those looking to do some real gaming.

Last edited:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Here's a couple of things I wanted to say.

Sony is going to use to PCSX ReARMed to emulate games on the PS Mini, I personally recommend that you use Beetle PSX HW in retroarch, it's accurate and runs smoothly, PCSX ReARMed has some graphically glitches and the button response time is a bit off. I tested both cores with Mega Man 8 (a low graphic intensive game) and Metal Gear Solid (a high graphic intensive game) and Beetle won.

ReDream (The Dreamcast emulator) is now closed source, You'll have to use Reicast if you want to emulate Dreamcast thru retroarch..ReDream is pretty good and has a bright future, I would keep an eye on that if Dreamcast emulation is something you want get on.

For Sega Saturn, I recommend Beetle Saturn, which is the Saturn version Beetle PSX. The Saturn was a complicated piece of hardware to develop for back then and it's still complicated now so emulation is quite spotty. Beetle Saturn can run the 2D fighters from that era but when I tested a graphically intense game like Nights into Dreams, I encountered some slow down, still mostly playable with with noticable slowdown.

It's a good break thru for Saturn fans but I'm not sure I can recommend it for those looking to do some real gaming.
Great post

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
LoveROMs and LoveRETRO owners avoid trial by agreeing to pay Nintendo over $12 million

Back in July, Nintendo filed lawsuits against two ROM site owners, accusing LoveROMs and LoveRETRO of breaching copyright laws. It seems that both parties have come to an agreement, as the final judgement demands the sites pay Nintendo a total of $12 million.

Following the Arizona-based filing, owners Jacob and Cristian Mathias pulled content from the sites hoping to avoid a lengthy legal battle with the Japanese corporation. With Nintendo not backing down, the married couple admitted their copyright and trademark infringement, agreeing to a consent judgment and a permanent injunction.

“Plaintiff is hereby awarded judgment against all Defendants, jointly and severally, in the amount of $12,230,000,” reads the final judgement agreed upon by both parties, via
TorrentFreak
. Of course, the publication speculates that the high figure is little more than a public ruling to act as a deterrent, with a more manageable sum potentially agreed upon behind closed doors.

The real punishment sees the Nintendo seize all games, files and emulators once housed within both sites, and prohibits both owners from using, sharing, or distributing Nintendo ROMs in the future. Both the LoveROMs.com and LoveRETRO.co domains will cease operation and also be handed over to Nintendo.

This lawsuit has had a ripple effect within the ROM world, seeing many sites close down out of fear that the video game maker will come after them next. The seized ROMs could also potentially come in handy for the publisher, who has previously used such ROMs in its emulation efforts.

7aGoIqR.png

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
LoveROMs and LoveRETRO owners avoid trial by agreeing to pay Nintendo over $12 million

Back in July, Nintendo filed lawsuits against two ROM site owners, accusing LoveROMs and LoveRETRO of breaching copyright laws. It seems that both parties have come to an agreement, as the final judgement demands the sites pay Nintendo a total of $12 million.

Following the Arizona-based filing, owners Jacob and Cristian Mathias pulled content from the sites hoping to avoid a lengthy legal battle with the Japanese corporation. With Nintendo not backing down, the married couple admitted their copyright and trademark infringement, agreeing to a consent judgment and a permanent injunction.

“Plaintiff is hereby awarded judgment against all Defendants, jointly and severally, in the amount of $12,230,000,” reads the final judgement agreed upon by both parties, via
TorrentFreak
. Of course, the publication speculates that the high figure is little more than a public ruling to act as a deterrent, with a more manageable sum potentially agreed upon behind closed doors.

The real punishment sees the Nintendo seize all games, files and emulators once housed within both sites, and prohibits both owners from using, sharing, or distributing Nintendo ROMs in the future. Both the LoveROMs.com and LoveRETRO.co domains will cease operation and also be handed over to Nintendo.

This lawsuit has had a ripple effect within the ROM world, seeing many sites close down out of fear that the video game maker will come after them next. The seized ROMs could also potentially come in handy for the publisher, who has previously used such ROMs in its emulation efforts.

7aGoIqR.png
Damn. I am glad I already got the ROMS I wanted. Now I need to find a new ROM site just in case.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Currently testing SEGA CD.

Pico Drive and Gens Plus GX both handle the SEGA CD well so it's a matter of your choice but Retroarch 1.7.5 does not make Sega CD Playlists so you'll have to do that yourself or use your Launchbox as a front end.

Also just throwing this out there for those of yall who never had a Sega CD or are too young to remember it, The FMV in the Sega CD is low quality and sometimes has a low framerate so if you encounter shitty video quality don't be upset, that is an accurate emulation of the Sega CD hardware.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
For people using mupen as their N64 core emulator on retroarch, make sure you turn off any shaders because mupen will not work with them.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
This is Ludo, from what I'm seeing, it's a lightweight, stripped down version of Retroarch.

Basically they do the work for you and you don't have to deal with teaks and settings and such.

tabnes.png

playlist.png

quickmenu.png

ingame.png

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Currently testing Dreamcast emulation with the flycast core on Retroarch... So far it's been great, I've been able to run console pushers such as Soul Calibur at 720p60 with no dips.

Sonic Adventure, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue all work great and smooth with no dips.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Currently testing Dreamcast emulation with the flycast core on Retroarch... So far it's been great, I've been able to run console pushers such as Soul Calibur at 720p60 with no dips.

Sonic Adventure, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue all work great and smooth with no dips.

Man I've had launchbox on my work computer for months and I've still barely figured it out.

I've gotten one of my older PC's up and running... So I'm beginning the process of converting my Street Fighter 2 Arcade1up to a Killer Instinct Mod and I'm trying to decide on the Frontend.

I really want to USE Big Box, because Hyperspin is just way to complicated ... but I'm just having to many issues with launchbox.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Man I've had launchbox on my work computer for months and I've still barely figured it out.

I've gotten one of my older PC's up and running... So I'm beginning the process of converting my Street Fighter 2 Arcade1up to a Killer Instinct Mod and I'm trying to decide on the Frontend.

I really want to USE Big Box, because Hyperspin is just way to complicated ... but I'm just having to many issues with launchbox.

I had stepped away from Launchbox for a while and just let started using Retroarch's XMB style interface do handle the launching of games but Retroarch's scraper doesn't work with "newer" consoles such as the Dreamcast and it never scrapes for fan games and doesn't even recognize them, so you end up having to do the scraping by hand which is a bitch for me and last time took me nearly three days to finish. Launchbox takes a three day job and get's it done in minutes.

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had stepped away from Launchbox for a while and just let started using Retroarch's XMB style interface do handle the launching of games but Retroarch's scraper doesn't work with "newer" consoles such as the Dreamcast and it never scrapes for fan games and doesn't even recognize them, so you end up having to do the scraping by hand which is a bitch for me and last time took me nearly three days to finish. Launchbox takes a three day job and get's it done in minutes.

Are you using the paid or free version. I want to have the big box look like in the vid you posted