Joy Ann Reid smears black voters, labels #ADOS & #AMERICANDOS hashtags as bots

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Exactly! That’s my point. It has nothing to do with you or any other immigrants. You have your struggles. We have ours. They’re mutually exclusive.

Since we agree that it has nothing to do with us, dont you find it weird that the people pushing the movement online cant stop talking about us?

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

Yvette has openly talked about light-skin privilege and how she will sometimes get preferential treatment for being light.

Since we agree that it has nothing to do with us, dont you find it weird that the people pushing the movement online cant stop talking about us?

Not at all, especially since many of you are the first ones to come out and criticize the movement.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yvette has openly talked about light-skin privilege and how she will sometimes get preferential treatment for being light.

Not at all, especially since many of you are the first ones to come out and criticize the movement.

Exactly! Look at that account going after her and THEN look at the exposed identity. The Vitrol I've seen come out this past week over ADOS saying let us get on code and start holding people accountable is maddening.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

Completely false.

We did not criticize the movement. We actually support it.

We criticized those who push the movement using xenophobia.

They dont need to.

But its just funny at this point.

Your talking points are the exact same as cac's.

You see an immigrant in a spot and think he taking whats yours instead of thinking he earned it.

Thats the exact same thing cacs think about you whenever you succeed. They call you an affirmative action hire.

Congrats on acting more like them i guess.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Completely false.

We did not criticize the movement. We actually support it.

We criticized those who push the movement using xenophobia.

They dont need to.

But its just funny at this point.

Your talking points are the exact same as cac's.

You see an immigrant in a spot and think he taking whats yours instead of thinking he earned it.

Thats the exact same thing cacs think about you whenever you succeed. They call you an affirmative action hire.

Congrats on acting more like them i guess.

They don't want to admit ,they really strongly desire to dissociate from afrika ,so they setup strawman arguments .

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Africa’s Role In Slavery

Published:Sunday | October 25, 2015 | 12:00 AMMartin Henry, Contributed

PreviousNext
SlaveryDem.jpg

Lefteris Pitarakis
A maquette of a slavery memorial in central London, England.

Africa's role in slavery

This is absolutely the best of times to talk about the African participation in slavery. This is absolutely the worst of times to talk about the African participation in slavery.

There is strong preference for uncomfortable truths about the matter to be kept out of sight. But this is a good time to undertake a disinterment.

The great early 20th-Century black writer of the Harlem Renaissance, Zora Neale Hurston, bitterly complained that "the white people held my people in slavery here in America. They had bought us, it is true, and exploited us.

But the inescapable fact that stuck in my craw was: My people had sold me ... . My own people had exterminated whole nations and torn families apart for a profit before the strangers got their chance at a cut. It was a sobering thought. It impressed upon me the universal nature of greed." And we might add, the universal nature of slavery.

African kings were willing to provide a steady flow of captives, who they said were criminals or prisoners of war doomed for execution. Many were not, but this did not prevent traders posing as philanthropists who were rescuing the Africans from death and offering them a better and more productive life.

When France and Britain outlawed slavery in their territories in the early 19th Century, African chiefs who had grown rich and powerful off the slave trade sent protest delegations to Paris and London. Britain abolished the slave trade and slavery itself against fierce opposition from West African and Arab traders.

According to Basil Davidson, celebrated scholar of African history, in his book The African Slave Trade: "The notion that Europe altogether imposed the slave trade on Africa is without any foundation in history ... . Those Africans who were involved in the trade were seldom the helpless victims of a commerce they did not understand: On the contrary, they responded to its challenge. They exploited its opportunities."

Until the 18th Century, very few Europeans had any moral reservations about slavery, which contradicted no important social value for most people around the world. In the Arab world, which was the first to import large numbers of slaves from Africa, the slave traffic was cosmopolitan. Slaves of all types were sold in open bazaars. The Arabs played an important role as middlemen in the trans-atlantic slave trade, and research data suggest that between the 7th and the 19th centuries, they transported more than 14 million black slaves across the Sahara and the Red Sea, as many or more than were shipped to the Americas, depending on the estimates for the transatlantic slave trade.

Tunde Obadina, a director of Africa Business Information Services, has acknowledged the importance of Britain, and other Western countries, in ending the slave trade. "When Britain abolished the slave trade in 1807," he has written, "it not only had to contend with opposition from white slavers, but also from African rulers who had become accustomed to wealth gained from selling slaves or from taxes collected on slaves passed through their domain. African slave-trading classes were greatly distressed by the news that legislators sitting in Parliament in London had decided to end their source of livelihood. But for as long as there was demand from the Americas for slaves, the lucrative business continued."

"Slave trading for export," Obadina notes, only "ended in Nigeria and elsewhere in West Africa after slavery ended in the Spanish colonies of Brazil and Cuba in 1880. A consequence of the ending of the slave trade was the expansion of domestic slavery as African businessmen replaced trade in human chattel with increased export of primary commodities. Labour was needed to cultivate the new source of wealth for the African elites. The ending of the obnoxious business had nothing to do with events in Africa. Rulers and traders there would have happily continued to sell humans for as long as there was demand for them."

Mali only legally abolished slavery in 1960 and hundreds of thousands of people are still enslaved there in 2015, despite the law.

As Thomas Sowell, a black conservative American scholar, has pointed out the efforts of the European nations to wipe out slavery have been virtually ignored. "Incredibly late in human history", he writes, "a mass moral revulsion finally set in against slavery - first in 18th-century England, and then during the 19th Century, throughout Western civilisation. But only in Western civilisation ... Africans, Arabs, and Asians continued to resist giving up their slaves. Only because Western power was at its peak in the 19th Century was Western imperialism able to impose the abolition of slavery around the world - as it imposed the rest of its beliefs and agendas, for good or evil."

The resistance put up by Africans, Asians and Arabs was monumental in defence of slavery and lasted for more than a century, Sowell writes. Only the overwhelming military power of the West enabled it to prevail on this issue, and only the moral outrage of Western peoples kept their Government's feet to the fire politically to maintain the pressure against slavery around the world.

Ghanaian politician and educator Samuel Sulemana Fuseini has acknowledged that his Asante ancestors accumulated their great wealth by abducting, capturing, and kidnapping Africans and selling them as slaves.

Ghanaian diplomat Kofi Awoonor has also written: "I believe there is a great psychic shadow over Africa, and it has much to do with our guilt and denial of our role in the slave trade. We, too, are blameworthy in what was essentially one of the most heinous crimes in human history."

In 2000, at an observance attended by delegates from several European countries and the United States, officials from Benin publicised President Mathieu Kerekou's apology for his country's role in "selling fellow Africans by the millions to white slave traders".

"We cry for forgiveness and reconciliation," said Luc Gnacadja, Benin's minister of environment and housing.

Cyrille Oguin, Benin's ambassador to the United States, acknowledged: "We share in the responsibility for this terrible human tragedy."

A year later, the president of Senegal, Abdoulaye Wade, who is himself the descendant of generations of slave-owning and slave-trading African kings, urged Europeans, Americans, and Africans to acknowledge publicly and teach openly about their shared responsibility for the Atlantic slave trade. Wade's remarks came shortly after the release of "the first African film to look at African involvement in the slave trade with the West" by Ivory Coast director Roger Gnoan M'bala.

"It's up to us," M'Bala declared, "to talk about slavery, open the wounds of what we've always hidden and stop being puerile when we put responsibility on others ... ."

"In our own oral tradition, slavery is left out purposefully because Africans are ashamed when we confront slavery. Let's wake up and look at ourselves through our own image."

But African slaveholders and slave traders didn't think of themselves or their slaves as 'Africans'. Instead, they thought of themselves in tribal terms and their slaves as foreigners or inferiors.

What William Wilberforce and other abolitionists vanquished, one writer explains, was something even worse than slavery, something that was much more fundamental and could hardly be seen from where we stand today: They vanquished the very mindset that made slavery acceptable and allowed it to survive and thrive for millennia. They destroyed an entire way of seeing the world, one that had held sway from the beginning of history, and replaced it with another way of seeing the world.

Thomas Sowell notes that "the anti-slavery movement was spearheaded by people who would today be called "the religious Right" and its organisation was created by conservative businessmen. "Moreover, what destroyed slavery in the non-Western world was Western imperialism," he argues. "Nothing could be more jolting and discordant with the vision of today's intellectuals than the fact that it was businessmen, devout religious leaders and Western imperialists who together destroyed slavery around the world. And if it doesn't fit their vision, it is the same to them as if it never happened."

I am particularly indebted to the very politically incorrect work of Thomas Sowell and to Dinesh D'Souza's now famous 20-year old Policy Review essay, 'We the Slave Owners', for information on this horrible subject of slavery and African participation in it. But many other sources are freely available on the Web which I have tapped for this piece and which can be easily checked, if prejudice against these uncomfortable truths does not provoke a boycott.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/focus/20151025/africas-role-slavery

wait.......!!!!

U ARE QUOTING THOMAS SOWELL & DINESH D'SOUZA as ur ideological sources ?
:roflmao::roflmao2::giggle::happy::lol::lol2:

"Thomas Sowell notes that "the anti-slavery movement was spearheaded by people who would today be called "the religious Right" and its organisation was created by conservative businessmen.

"Moreover, what destroyed slavery in the non-Western world was Western imperialism," he argues. "
...."....."
I am particularly indebted to the very politically incorrect work of Thomas Sowell and to Dinesh D'Souza's n

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/focus/20151025/africas-role-slavery[/QUOTE]

Hah!!! Okay, it all makes sense now !!

And what does any of this have to do with demonizing afrikan immigrants & ADOs getting their reparations from the white European based US Gov't!!
Why aren't u reserving ur venom for the white people u so long to get in bed with ?
Is it the afrikan immigrants stopping u from getting ur just reparations ?

:roflmao2::roflmao2: this guy is a Trump supporter

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What does calling random African embassies and demanding passports n citizenship like a petulant child have to do with getting ur reparations from The US Govt?

What power does a random receptionist have to just up n give u a country's passport n citizen just cos u make a phone call?

Do u know the nature of geopolitics or r u just misinformed?

Some of u guys ...:smh::smh:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still say the title needs to be changed because

the OP purposely named it that way to start shit

amongst black people.

@Mr. Met, Joy Reid NEVER smeared black

voters son you need to change that title.

This is your warning.
yep Joy never did, once again. Agents r moving amongsts us
They reserve alot of their ADOS vitriol for Corey Booker & Kamala, ok , where is that same vitriol for Republican candidates?
Can you see a pattern ?
Yvette reserves alot of her vitriol for only Democrats n Roland Martins of the world yet try their best to acquiesce to Republicans talking point.

Ask urself why ANN COULTER would be happy to be retweeting and tryin to join in on ur trending topics ?

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thank you for proving my point.

This dude cant stop crying about immigrants and immigration.

ADOS are owed reparations based on their own history.

Got nothing to do with immigrants.
i actually like alot of his videos and i encouraged him to keep going but he took an interesting turn with this cosigning Yvette that is gonna come back to hurt him

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
i actually like alot of his videos and i encouraged him to keep going but he took an interesting turn with this cosigning Yvette that is gonna come back to hurt him

I dont know him like that.

I just saw the videos posted here.

Him calling random embassies and asking for citizenships is definitely one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dont know him like that.

I just saw the videos posted here.

Him calling random embassies and asking for citizenships is definitely one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen.
yeah check out his videos ,they're actually pretty good, about his travels n reconnecting with the mother continent and NativeBornAfrican n returneeAfricans making moves

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks for this video! I particularly like how this guy said he isn't going for the pan-Africanist psychobabble bullshit anymore. Neither am I. Fuck those usurping-ass backstabbing motherfuckers. We need to get them the fuck up out of our organizations, media, and communities and send as many back as we can.

but he still says he's still a pan-afrikanist, so what gives? and what panafrikan psycho babble bullshit are u talking about ?
lets get specifics since ure quotin folks,

and anyway also hes not in a position to decide what pan-afrikan is to anyone but himself , he doesnt write legislature , or makes policy or can write decrees into law about anything but his own life!

but since ure tryin to ride with whatever anti-panafrikan mindset u can latch on to , can u be specific? what panafrikan psycho babble bullshit are u talking about ?

and also remember this................................
if ur fight is about reparations from the US gov't for ADOS what does it have to do with Pan-afrikanism anyway?

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thanks for this video! I particularly like how this guy said he isn't going for the pan-Africanist psychobabble bullshit anymore. Neither am I. Fuck those usurping-ass backstabbing motherfuckers. We need to get them the fuck up out of our organizations, media, and communities and send as many back as we can.
Damn...full blown xenophobia...doea the rest of BGOL's ADOS movement support this?...or will yall call this out?

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:hithead::hithead::rolleyes::rolleyes:
i told u guys we're dealing withe agent amongst us! a NativistBlackTeaParty !

do u even know what "civil rights " mean?

SO IN CIVILIZED COUNTRY "CIVIL RIGHTS" are only for ados?
so can u claim civil rights in any country outside of america?

so a cop can harrass, intimidate, arrest & shoot u at will if ure travelling in france for no reason?

yeah Ann coulter wants civil righst fro ADOS !! :roflmao::roflmao:
yeah but they should be able to murder any ADOS at will, incarcerate them for minor offenses at 4x the rate for white people, the shithole countries inhabitants too are included since THEY'RE ALL BLACK ANYWAY ! but civil right should only be for ADOS

ann coulter : but yeah we love our ADOS n**s !
u guys :thank ya Miss Ann, u is so nice to us

and also theres a huge difference btw "civil rights" & "Affirmative action"

gosh !!:hithead::hithead:

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
but he still says he's still a pan-afrikanist, so what gives? and what panafrikan psycho babble bullshit are u talking about ?
lets get specifics since ure quotin folks,

and anyway also hes not in a position to decide what pan-afrikan is to anyone but himself , he doesnt write legislature , or makes policy or can write decrees into law about anything but his own life!

but since ure tryin to ride with whatever anti-panafrikan mindset u can latch on to , can u be specific? what panafrikan psycho babble bullshit are u talking about ?

and also remember this................................
if ur fight is about reparations from the US gov't for ADOS what does it have to do with Pan-afrikanism anyway?

Can you chill with the fonts please! Goddamn. :smh:

"Pan-Afrikan psychobabble bullshit" is the shit you've been saying throughout this thread. The idea that there is a global black unity and struggle that all black people should sign up for. Black Americans are the the only ones actually trying to pursue that ideal, while other black groups move as their nations or tribes, be it Nigerian, Nigerian Igbo, Nigerian Fulani, Ghanaian, Ghanaian Asante, Ethiopian, Somali, or whatever the nationality or tribe may be. All he's saying is that it's time for us to move the same way. That pan-Afrikan black unity shit was probably only relevant in the 60s. Now it's just fucking us over with the usurper infiltration. We couldn't go to any African country (or Caribbean country) and move amongst their people the way they move amongst us.

Damn...full blown xenophobia...doea the rest of BGOL's ADOS movement support this?...or will yall call this out?

Enough of us have dealt with the all the talk from them about "akatas" and "lazy American blacks" and dealt with their shitty attitudes and personalities on the academic and professional levels that we know it's not xenophobia. It's raw truth. These usurpers know that if America begins capping immigration from certain countries, the African ones will be at the top of the list! And they know that, with the #ADOS movement, true Black Americans will no longer cape for them, because we see how they really are. Other immigrant groups are going to push for themselves only. And white don't really want any of them here, but if they have to come, then they prefer the whitest ones who are most likely to assimilate.

:hithead::hithead::rolleyes::rolleyes:
i told u guys we're dealing withe agent amongst us! a NativistBlackTeaParty !

do u even know what "civil rights " mean?

SO IN CIVILIZED COUNTRY "CIVIL RIGHTS" are only for ados?
so can u claim civil rights in any country outside of america?

so a cop can harrass, intimidate, arrest & shoot u at will if ure travelling in france for no reason?

yeah Ann coulter wants civil righst fro ADOS !! :roflmao::roflmao:
yeah but they should be able to murder any ADOS at will, incarcerate them for minor offenses at 4x the rate for white people, the shithole countries inhabitants too are included since THEY'RE ALL BLACK ANYWAY ! but civil right should only be for ADOS

ann coulter : but yeah we love our ADOS n**s !
u guys :thank ya Miss Ann, u is so nice to us

and also theres a huge difference btw "civil rights" & "Affirmative action"

gosh !!:hithead::hithead:

Listen and learn you arrogant motherfucker!! This is what we're talking about!

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Enough of us have dealt with the all the talk from them about "akatas" and "lazy American blacks" and dealt with their shitty attitudes and personalities on the academic and professional levels that we know it's not xenophobia. It's raw truth. These usurpers know that if America begins capping immigration from certain countries, the African ones will be at the top of the list! And they know that, with the #ADOS movement, true Black Americans will no longer cape for them, because we see how they really are. Other immigrant groups are going to push for themselves only. And white don't really want any of them here, but if they have to come, then they prefer the whitest ones who are most likely to assimilate.
The post I quoted of yours before is textbook xenophobia...it dont matter though...I have been lurking on these boards on and off since the 90's and I peeped your anti foreign Black bias a while back...I am more concerned about those ADOS movement supporters who said this movement was not about xenophobia but was concerned with specific programs for the progress of the descendants of American slavery...I am concerned how they are not speaking out against your post and am even more concerned about how there are no debates on here about proposals for a list of Black American demands...I mean, where are are the ideas and opinions....this can't be all about saying fuck foreign Blacks...at least I hope not

Lets be clear...Black Americans have the right to say fuck off to anybody who talks shit about them...you went beyond that...the xenophobia is when you go out of your way to ignore the countless examples of cooperation and love and focus on the hate...I mean, I could focus on the hate I have received from some Black Americans but I know way too many cool ass, positive, brilliant Black Americans to follow up with that bullshit...hopefully the people who really care about actual progress stay involved with this movement and push it in a positive direction....if its Black progress, I am with it

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
The post I quoted of yours before is textbook xenophobia...it dont matter though...I have been lurking on these boards on and off since the 90's and I peeped your anti foreign Black bias a while back

Wow, you've been lurking for 20+ years? That's disturbing enough as it is. So I'm sure you remember "FUCKYOU"? And please elaborate on my "anti foreign Black bias" since you're been lurking for so long.

...I am more concerned about those ADOS movement supporters who said this movement was not about xenophobia but was concerned with specific programs for the progress of the descendants of American slavery...I am concerned how they are not speaking out against your post and am even more concerned about how there are no debates on here about proposals for a list of Black American demands...I mean, where are are the ideas and opinions....this can't be all about saying fuck foreign Blacks...at least I hope not

I am concerned about the lack of response from immigrant blacks as the constant slurs of "akatas" and "lazy American blacks" and the willful desire to assert their foreign identity against the caste-situated Black Americans until it's convenient to not do so. But now, we all just pan-Afrikan black folks, huh?

Lets be clear...Black Americans have the right to say fuck off to anybody who talks shit about them...you went beyond that...the xenophobia is when you go out of your way to ignore the countless examples of cooperation and love and focus on the hate...I mean, I could focus on the hate I have received from some Black Americans but I know way too many cool ass, positive, brilliant Black Americans to follow up with that bullshit...hopefully the people who really care about actual progress stay involved with this movement and push it in a positive direction....if its Black progress, I am with it

If there are so many "countless examples of cooperation and love", then name a few of them please.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Wow, you've been lurking for 20+ years? That's disturbing enough as it is. So I'm sure you remember "FUCKYOU"? And please elaborate on my "anti foreign Black bias" since you're been lurking for so long.

I am concerned about the lack of response from immigrant blacks as the constant slurs of "akatas" and "lazy American blacks" and the willful desire to assert their foreign identity against the caste-situated Black Americans until it's convenient to not do so. But now, we all just pan-Afrikan black folks, huh?

If there are so many "countless examples of cooperation and love", then name a few of them please.
You know what? There does need to be more vocal opposition against this fuckery from the groups that say it...cant argue with that....it goes both ways but you make a good point...I remember "fuckyou" (doesnt he still post here?) ...weird dude but don't recall if there was something specific about him in regards to this issue...I remember you bringing up the akata shit in a thread where a Nigerian brother was doing his remake of "This is America"...thought it was odd at the time and seeing you in this thread jogged my memory on it...don't worry, I aint got your name on a list or no weird shit like that...just think you are a xenophobe based off this board

Name a few examples of Black Americans and Foreign Blacks cooperating? Are you serious? Feel like that has been done to death on this board...from Garvey to African countries warning its citizens about police harassment over here to put a spotlight on it to the numerous on the ground cooperation in heavy mixed AA/ Black immigrant areas like NYC then to Ghana giving special privileges to the diaspora..honestly dude, the question seem kinda silly to me....different Black people working together is very normal to me...sure there are tensions but I dont expect kumbaya shit either

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I honestly believe the ultimate goal is just to keep us from voting. Ultimately that's what it's all about.

yep Joy never did, once again. Agents r moving amongsts us
They reserve alot of their ADOS vitriol for Corey Booker & Kamala, ok , where is that same vitriol for Republican candidates?
Can you see a pattern ?
Yvette reserves alot of her vitriol for only Democrats n Roland Martins of the world yet try their best to acquiesce to Republicans talking point.

Ask urself why ANN COULTER would be happy to be retweeting and tryin to join in on ur trending topics ?

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@VAiz4hustlaz this pretty much sums what you said up.

African-Americans a disgrace to the black race

As Black History Month closes, and African Americans in the United States (US) have celebrated and reflected on their role in that nation’s shaping, it would be everyone’s hope that they also took a good honest self-inventory on how they have become a far cry from their forefathers and mothers.

By Tendai Ruben Mbofana

One cannot help but be engulfed with a deep sense of shame on how today’s African-Americans have turned into a huge embarrassment for the black race, as they have become a people without direction, morals, and a sense of determinations — unlike those of the earlier ages.

As a black person myself, but from the mother continent of Africa, I see today’s African-Americans as a bunch of cry-babies, who have an excuse for every type of demented behaviour that they exhibit — hiding behind their supposed repression by the white majority.

Granted, we all do acknowledge that African-Americans have, ever since being dragged to the New World as slaves and until today, have been receiving the short and dirty end of the stick, but that is not an excuse for who they have turned out to be.

Is being oppressed, or not seeing much prospects for acceptance or opportunities, a valid enough excuse not to attend school — yet those schools are there — or for drug abuse, violence and gangsterism, promiscuity, and generally living below one’s potential?

As much as I understand the “Black Lives Matter” mantra — considering that an African-American is indeed most likely to be shot by police than a white person — but, without honest reflection, this cause is a lost one.

Quite, frankly, African-Americans are victims of their own failure to rise above the segregation and oppression they have been subjected to over the past centuries.

If they believe that the violent repression that they have suffered has turned them into violent people, then they only have themselves to blame when every police officer is jittery, around them and has a finger ready on the trigger.

It is no secret that one is more likely to be robbed or killed by an African-American than a white person, and that so-called black neighbourhoods are the most dangerous in the US.

I am also sure that African-Americans themselves acknowledge this fact, and if asked, they would admit that it was safer to walk in a White neighbourhood, especially at night.

According to some research I did, African-American women felt safer dating or marrying a Caucasian man than a fellow “brother”, as they were less likely to be violent, or to be involved in some sort of crime — especially gangsterism and drugs.

African-American children were more likely to grow up being raised by a single mother, as their black fathers would be absent — either, having absconded their duties, in prison for crimes they committed, or dead — usually, due to a life of crime.

Despite schools — no matter how “substandard” they may be — being present within reasonable distances, African-American children are more likely to drop out, or generally be a nuisance and downright problematic, leading to a higher probability of failure.

African-American children would rather spend their time with pants pulled down acting all tough, and generally preparing themselves to be criminals and losers.

If African-Americans want their lot to change, they can not expect White people to do it for them — it never happened, it is not happening, and it will never happen.

Today, what is needed is not another civil rights activist like Martin Luther King Jr, or a militant as Malcolm X, or another Rosa Parks.

These great heroes did their part for a particular period, and a particular purpose, in African-Americans history.

However, today, the biggest struggle for US blacks is not slavery, or segregation — but, a serious need for mindset change amongst the African-American community itself. They need to make up their minds on what they really want to achieve as a community.

What do they truly want?

There is nothing that African-Americans have gone through that we in Africa have not — but, we largely reacted differently. We were similarly, enslaved through colonialism, and subjected to the same violent, and dehumanising oppression and deprivation of world class education, quality health, economic opportunities and empowerment, suffrage, and were generally relegated to the fringes of human society.

However, did that get us down?

Did that turn us into violent drug addicts, who waste their time in some pity party, whilst dropping out of school and choosing a life of crime?

Did that turn us into unreliable husbands and fathers, who would not be there for our families?

On the contrary, Africans were so hungry for education — as we knew it was the key out of poverty — that even during the colonial times, we would walk, if not run, over 20km each day to and fro school.

From as young as 12 years old, my mother would run behind her father — who would be riding a bicycle carrying her boarding school luggage — for nearly 15km from her rural village to the nearest train station.

Even today, as most parts of our continent are still grossly underdeveloped, pupils as young as 12 years have to travel each day more than 10km to school.

We know the education systems in most parts of Africa leave a lot to be desired — as there are no books, and pupils learn under trees — even in rain — there are no qualified teachers, and some even have to cross flooded rivers in times of rain — but, such has not deterred us to crave for education.

That is why a huge number of Africans are highly educated today — not only that, but also value the importance of hard work and perseverance.

No wonder, when these Africans come to the US, they take up high positions, whilst African-Americans will be acting all tough and cool on the streets, shooting cocaine and each other!

We also have had it tough from the days of white colonialism to today — when we still have to survive under the most unlivable and inhospitable conditions — but, we always manage to stay relatively morally upright, determined to succeed, and persevering.

Admittedly, Africa has its violent hotspots, however, these are largely geopolitical matters that we also seriously need to sort out ourselves — but, as communities, and individuals, we have managed to hold our own.

We understand how a vicious cycle of poverty, drugs, violence and crime would leave us in a trap — thus, we will do our best not involve ourselves in such.

Similarly, African-Americans need to know that the only key to their success and emancipation is with themselves.

It is not with some “Black Lives Matter” mantra — going around the streets demanding not to be shot by the police — but, for African-Americans to start by taking themselves seriously for a change.

Yes, clamouring for one’s human rights is very important — I should know, as a social justice activist — but, we do not hide our irresponsible behaviour, and lack of accountability under a shroud of activism.

We are very clear on what are our rights, and what are our responsibilities — these need to balance.

Start by choosing to have a sense of self-respect and value, embracing education, and choose a straight honest life free of gangsterism, drugs and violence.

Even if it may appear as if there are no career prospects for black people, no matter how educated, they should learn from us Africans — we have learnt to survive, without the need for crime.

We have become innovative in our self-empowerment ventures, in the midst of poverty and oppression, such that we manage to eke out a decent livelihood.
That is why, when we come to the US, we also manage to convert that business innovativeness, which we would have learnt in the midst of nothing, into very successful enterprises.

I do not have to rob my neighbour just because I am struggling.

Therefore, as African-Americans come out of Black History Month, it is time that they stopped blaming everyone around them for their own shameful behaviour, and acknowledged that the change they seek will largely come from themselves through a mindset change — and not from White House!

Link: https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/03/a...EWEig5EsXUtaxxYs9cb4W6a24cvD3HxbZUhpHwks7BKnA

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/02/obert-gutu-quits-mdc-t/

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

As Black History Month closes, and African Americans in the United States (US) have celebrated and reflected on their role in that nation’s shaping, it would be everyone’s hope that they also took a good honest self-inventory on how they have become a far cry from their forefathers and mothers.

By Tendai Ruben Mbofana

One cannot help but be engulfed with a deep sense of shame on how today’s African-Americans have turned into a huge embarrassment for the black race, as they have become a people without direction, morals, and a sense of determinations — unlike those of the earlier ages.

As a black person myself, but from the mother continent of Africa, I see today’s African-Americans as a bunch of cry-babies, who have an excuse for every type of demented behaviour that they exhibit — hiding behind their supposed repression by the white majority.

Granted, we all do acknowledge that African-Americans have, ever since being dragged to the New World as slaves and until today, have been receiving the short and dirty end of the stick, but that is not an excuse for who they have turned out to be.

Is being oppressed, or not seeing much prospects for acceptance or opportunities, a valid enough excuse not to attend school — yet those schools are there — or for drug abuse, violence and gangsterism, promiscuity, and generally living below one’s potential?

As much as I understand the “Black Lives Matter” mantra — considering that an African-American is indeed most likely to be shot by police than a white person — but, without honest reflection, this cause is a lost one.

Quite, frankly, African-Americans are victims of their own failure to rise above the segregation and oppression they have been subjected to over the past centuries.

If they believe that the violent repression that they have suffered has turned them into violent people, then they only have themselves to blame when every police officer is jittery, around them and has a finger ready on the trigger.

It is no secret that one is more likely to be robbed or killed by an African-American than a white person, and that so-called black neighbourhoods are the most dangerous in the US.

I am also sure that African-Americans themselves acknowledge this fact, and if asked, they would admit that it was safer to walk in a White neighbourhood, especially at night.

According to some research I did, African-American women felt safer dating or marrying a Caucasian man than a fellow “brother”, as they were less likely to be violent, or to be involved in some sort of crime — especially gangsterism and drugs.

African-American children were more likely to grow up being raised by a single mother, as their black fathers would be absent — either, having absconded their duties, in prison for crimes they committed, or dead — usually, due to a life of crime.

Despite schools — no matter how “substandard” they may be — being present within reasonable distances, African-American children are more likely to drop out, or generally be a nuisance and downright problematic, leading to a higher probability of failure.

African-American children would rather spend their time with pants pulled down acting all tough, and generally preparing themselves to be criminals and losers.

If African-Americans want their lot to change, they can not expect White people to do it for them — it never happened, it is not happening, and it will never happen.

Today, what is needed is not another civil rights activist like Martin Luther King Jr, or a militant as Malcolm X, or another Rosa Parks.

These great heroes did their part for a particular period, and a particular purpose, in African-Americans history.

However, today, the biggest struggle for US blacks is not slavery, or segregation — but, a serious need for mindset change amongst the African-American community itself. They need to make up their minds on what they really want to achieve as a community.

What do they truly want?

There is nothing that African-Americans have gone through that we in Africa have not — but, we largely reacted differently. We were similarly, enslaved through colonialism, and subjected to the same violent, and dehumanising oppression and deprivation of world class education, quality health, economic opportunities and empowerment, suffrage, and were generally relegated to the fringes of human society.

Did that turn us into violent drug addicts, who waste their time in some pity party, whilst dropping out of school and choosing a life of crime?

Did that turn us into unreliable husbands and fathers, who would not be there for our families?

On the contrary, Africans were so hungry for education — as we knew it was the key out of poverty — that even during the colonial times, we would walk, if not run, over 20km each day to and fro school.

From as young as 12 years old, my mother would run behind her father — who would be riding a bicycle carrying her boarding school luggage — for nearly 15km from her rural village to the nearest train station.

Even today, as most parts of our continent are still grossly underdeveloped, pupils as young as 12 years have to travel each day more than 10km to school.

We know the education systems in most parts of Africa leave a lot to be desired — as there are no books, and pupils learn under trees — even in rain — there are no qualified teachers, and some even have to cross flooded rivers in times of rain — but, such has not deterred us to crave for education.

That is why a huge number of Africans are highly educated today — not only that, but also value the importance of hard work and perseverance.

No wonder, when these Africans come to the US, they take up high positions, whilst African-Americans will be acting all tough and cool on the streets, shooting cocaine and each other!

We also have had it tough from the days of white colonialism to today — when we still have to survive under the most unlivable and inhospitable conditions — but, we always manage to stay relatively morally upright, determined to succeed, and persevering.

Admittedly, Africa has its violent hotspots, however, these are largely geopolitical matters that we also seriously need to sort out ourselves — but, as communities, and individuals, we have managed to hold our own.

We understand how a vicious cycle of poverty, drugs, violence and crime would leave us in a trap — thus, we will do our best not involve ourselves in such.

Similarly, African-Americans need to know that the only key to their success and emancipation is with themselves.

It is not with some “Black Lives Matter” mantra — going around the streets demanding not to be shot by the police — but, for African-Americans to start by taking themselves seriously for a change.

Yes, clamouring for one’s human rights is very important — I should know, as a social justice activist — but, we do not hide our irresponsible behaviour, and lack of accountability under a shroud of activism.

We are very clear on what are our rights, and what are our responsibilities — these need to balance.

Start by choosing to have a sense of self-respect and value, embracing education, and choose a straight honest life free of gangsterism, drugs and violence.

Even if it may appear as if there are no career prospects for black people, no matter how educated, they should learn from us Africans — we have learnt to survive, without the need for crime.

We have become innovative in our self-empowerment ventures, in the midst of poverty and oppression, such that we manage to eke out a decent livelihood.
That is why, when we come to the US, we also manage to convert that business innovativeness, which we would have learnt in the midst of nothing, into very successful enterprises.

Therefore, as African-Americans come out of Black History Month, it is time that they stopped blaming everyone around them for their own shameful behaviour, and acknowledged that the change they seek will largely come from themselves through a mindset change — and not from White House!

Link: https://www.newsday.co.zw/2018/03/a...EWEig5EsXUtaxxYs9cb4W6a24cvD3HxbZUhpHwks7BKnA

ahh!! some random coon online is the spokesperson for all black foreigners in america , but Jesse Peterson, doesnt speak for all ADOS black folks in america tho,

AND ONCE AGAIN! ,,,....
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH WHAT YOU ASKING THE US GOV'T FOR UR RIGHTFUL REPARATIONS?
HOW IS THIS IDIOT COON'S PIECE TIED INTO UR RIGHT TO GET COMPENSATED BY THE US GO'VT?

u lot r so transparent!

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
You know what? There does need to be more vocal opposition against this fuckery from the groups that say it...cant argue with that....it goes both ways but you make a good point...I remember "fuckyou" (doesnt he still post here?) ...weird dude but don't recall if there was something specific about him in regards to this issue...I remember you bringing up the akata shit in a thread where a Nigerian brother was doing his remake of "This is America"...thought it was odd at the time and seeing you in this thread jogged my memory on it...don't worry, I aint got your name on a list or no weird shit like that...just think you are a xenophobe based off this board

Hmmm....you're referring to this:

Show them coming over here and looking down on the "akatas."

But you're discounting this:

In college we had some of self rightoues one call us "akatas" (cotton pickers) dismissively.

We almost killed his as in the student union.

*two cents*

By Tendai Ruben Mbofana

What do they truly want?

Wow! :smh: The audacity of this motherfucker! Sitting in the middle of Zimbabwe talking shit. I truly believe we need an all-out moratorium on immigration in this country. Some way to keep this types of motherfuckers out! It's bad enough that we have to fight that cracker devil for 4o0 years, but at least we know that devil when we see him. But these foreign niggas are new brand of menace because we can't readily identify them. Hell, they're even all over this board. Have you ever been on somalispot or nairaland? Go check out how they talk about the "jareers" and "akatas". Or look at the Nigerian bitch below.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Hmmm....you're referring to this:

But you're discounting this:

Wow! :smh: The audacity of this motherfucker! Sitting in the middle of Zimbabwe talking shit. I truly believe we need an all-out moratorium on immigration in this country. Some way to keep this types of motherfuckers out! It's bad enough that we have to fight that cracker devil for 4o0 years, but at least we know that devil when we see him. But these foreign niggas are new brand of menace because we can't readily identify them. Hell, they're even all over this board. Have you ever been on somalispot or nairaland? Go check out how they talk about the "jareers" and "akatas". Or look at the Nigerian bitch below.

Please dont tell me what I am discounting...I have stated on this board before and in this very thread that some foreign Blacks definitely keep up fuckery with Black Americans...I have no issue admitting that some of my fellow Jamaicans will talk fuckery about Black Americans...will you admit that some Black Americans talk fuckery about foreign Blacks?...I am a pan africanist but not a kumbaya idealist....I believe pan africanism can never die because our enemies hate Black people as a race....pan africanism is a response to hate....that doesnt mean there wont be tribalist issues between us...regardless, ADOS movement can be a good thing....I personally hope that someone in the movement will produce something tangible soon that addresses the concerns of Black Americans