Ice Cube's Big 3( 3 On 3 Basketball Official Thread)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

CAPTAIN: KENYON MARTIN
CO-CAPTAIN: AL HARRINGTON
RASHAD MCCANTS
JAMES WHITE
DION GLOVER

COACH: RICK MAHORN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...d-McCants-says-Khloe-Kardashian-cost-70m.html

40CBA2EE00000578-4543008-image-a-119_1495745963751.jpg

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
johnsonjackson.jpg

Jackson and Johnson

FOX SPORTS Announces Gus Johnson, Jim Jackson and Michael Rapaport Will Cover BIG3
24 May 2017
New York – As Ice Cube and his league of basketball superstars gear up for the BIG3’s inaugural season, FOX Sports has put together a star-studded roster of its own.

Fresh off the 2017 BIG EAST Championship on FOX and FS1, play-by-play announcer Gus Johnson returns to the court alongside analyst Jim Jackson as BIG3’s lead broadcast team. Johnson, an eminent figure throughout the industry, pairs his infectious enthusiasm with Jackson’s extensive NBA experience and unparalleled knowledge of the game.

A frequent contributor to FS1’s daily studio shows, actor and comedian Michael Rapaport joins the veteran duo as a sideline reporter, offering in-game updates and interviews with his signature humor.

Today, Jackson joined FS1’s SKIP AND SHANNON: UNDISPUTED to discuss the league’s debut and how those closest to it are preparing.

“I think the biggest takeaway talking to Ice Cube is that he just doesn’t want this to be a gimmick. I think that’s why it was huge that FOX Sports signed on and that they’re doing it in different locations,” said Jackson. “But the names in regards to some of the coaches – George Gervin, Julius Erving, Charles Oakley, Allen Iverson as a player/coach – these guys are really taking this serious.”

The highly anticipated BIG3 professional 3-on-3, half-court basketball league tips off Sunday, June 25 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., and will air Monday, June 26 (8:00 PM ET) on FS1. FOX Sports presents exclusive coverage of the league’s championship game Saturday, Aug. 26 live at 4:30 PM ET on the FOX broadcast network.

The BIG3’s full 2017 schedule and ticketing can be found here.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
mar2.jpg

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf: Against All Odds
29 May 2017
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was the last pick in the inagural BIG3 Draft. He is the oldest player in the league. But, the man Phil Jackson, Michael Rapaport and Dale Brown recently called "Steph Curry before Steph Curry" may just be the biggest surprise of the 2017 season.

The Lexington Herald-Leader recently caught up with Abdul-Rauf to talk about his return to professional basketball – specifically his return to Rupp Arena, the iconic Kentucky court where the BIG3 will play on Aug. 6.

As the story noted, Abdul-Rauf hasn’t been in Rupp Arena since Feb. 15, 1990, when he was a star guard for LSU (known at that time as Chris Jackson). He scored 41 points against Kentucky that night.

Now 48, can Abdul-Rauf still be a scoring machine? He’s in terrific shape, training every day. Clips of him flat out embarrassing a defender in a pick up game recently leaked to House of Highlights (see below).

“It’s in my DNA,” he said. “It’s therapeutic.”

Literally. Abdul-Rauf was diagnosed with Tourette syndrome as a teen, and he says that exercise relieves the symptoms of the neuropsychiatric disorder. It also keeps his skills sharp enough to compete with much younger athletes.

“They seem to be amazed at my quickness and ability to still get off my shot,” he said. “My strength is pretty much still there. My conditioning is still there. I think I’m still pretty quick to get where I want to go. Not the 20, 25-year-old quick. But I’m not complaining.”

Abdul-Rauf will play for the 3-Headed Monsters in the BIG3, alongside captain Rashard Lewis, co-captain Jason Williams, Kwame Brown and Eddie Basden. The coach of the 3-Headed Monsters is Gary Payton.

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
I want to be excited, but I don't want these dudes to be out there lookin' flabby and sick.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
johnsonjackson.jpg

Jackson and Johnson

FOX SPORTS Announces Gus Johnson, Jim Jackson and Michael Rapaport Will Cover BIG3
24 May 2017
New York – As Ice Cube and his league of basketball superstars gear up for the BIG3’s inaugural season, FOX Sports has put together a star-studded roster of its own.

Fresh off the 2017 BIG EAST Championship on FOX and FS1, play-by-play announcer Gus Johnson returns to the court alongside analyst Jim Jackson as BIG3’s lead broadcast team. Johnson, an eminent figure throughout the industry, pairs his infectious enthusiasm with Jackson’s extensive NBA experience and unparalleled knowledge of the game.

A frequent contributor to FS1’s daily studio shows, actor and comedian Michael Rapaport joins the veteran duo as a sideline reporter, offering in-game updates and interviews with his signature humor.

Today, Jackson joined FS1’s SKIP AND SHANNON: UNDISPUTED to discuss the league’s debut and how those closest to it are preparing.

“I think the biggest takeaway talking to Ice Cube is that he just doesn’t want this to be a gimmick. I think that’s why it was huge that FOX Sports signed on and that they’re doing it in different locations,” said Jackson. “But the names in regards to some of the coaches – George Gervin, Julius Erving, Charles Oakley, Allen Iverson as a player/coach – these guys are really taking this serious.”

The highly anticipated BIG3 professional 3-on-3, half-court basketball league tips off Sunday, June 25 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., and will air Monday, June 26 (8:00 PM ET) on FS1. FOX Sports presents exclusive coverage of the league’s championship game Saturday, Aug. 26 live at 4:30 PM ET on the FOX broadcast network.

The BIG3’s full 2017 schedule and ticketing can be found here.

Rappaport? Why? :smh:

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish this was here in the city I may go support the brother. Wild props to Ice Cube....

The Rapport thing though.... :wakeup:

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
This is bullshit. What they need is to expand professional sportS.
There should be a division 2 in the NBA so that the bottom 4
teams every year are demoted to that division, and the top
4 teams in the lower division are promoted. In a country in
which there are literally tens of thousands of qualified people,
why are only 64 men drafted into pro basket ball every year?
Of those, some are cut and do not make it on to team rosters...

The US has 325 million people; cities like Ft Worth, Austin
Little Rock, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas and thousands of others
have the economies to support teams of player making $1mil
each...

Why does Westbrook have to make $45 million by himself??

ukNoWwHo

Rising Star
Registered
I think this have a good chance of working if:

They have to gradually get younger. Hopefully current NBA players will sign up
Marketing, Brand Marketing and keeping the hood shit to a minimum
competitive games
A good financial plan for the next 3 years at least

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I wonder when will the NBA put in their contracts to bar players from playing in the big

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I think this have a good chance of working if:

They have to gradually get younger. Hopefully current NBA players will sign up
Marketing, Brand Marketing and keeping the hood shit to a minimum
competitive games
A good financial plan for the next 3 years at least
The marketing is centered around retired players or players who were passed over for younger talent. They can grab up a player say like Johnny Flynn who only played like 3 years. But current talent I doubt you're see them.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The NBA season is over now it's time for some 3 on 3 hoops. Gonna be funny if the Red Mumba Brian Scalabrine burst ass in this league after being a bench warmer for years.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Latest News
rahsard-family.jpg

KIDS GO FREE TO BIG3... Thanks to Rashard Lewis
12 June 2017
Thanks to Rashard Lewis, a lot of kids around the country this summer will have a chance to see BIG3 games ... for free.

Lewis, player/captain of the 3-Headed Monsters, announced today that he will pay for the ticket of any child (13 or younger) who is accompanied by a paying adult attending games at any of the BIG3’s 10 venues this summer. Lewis made the announcement in a story he wrote for Huffington Post. He explained why it is so important for him to both give kids this opportunity and to reward good role models.

“It’s all about role models, especially parents, and the way they raise their children, guide them in the right direction,” said Lewis. “If we can help in any way, I think that’s good for the community. If we can try to help them just a little bit, maybe that provides the spark that sets them on a better path.”

READ RASHARD'S OP-ED PIECE ON HUFFINGTON POST

DETAILS:

Any child (13 and under) can attend FREE with an adult ticket purchased.

This offer is only available for purchase at your local venue box office (not online).

For more information on tickets and BIG3 game schedule please go to BIG3.com/tickets