How has the Coronavirus impacted you directly, to this point?

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
32779200061_055f5c359c_b.jpg

Flight limitations?
Working remotely?
Unable to work at all, or laid off?
Childcare?

How have you been impacted personally since things ramped up last week w/ mass closings?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Had a function of some kind every sat next month.. Every single 1 has been cancelled... Several gs lost with that... A few shoots cancelled cause of it... Had to push back certain situations till summer/fall... Was suppose to meet some new out of state talent for future ventures of course that has now been postponed... Networking opportunities pushed back... Definitely messed up various situations but take the good with the bad.. Family good, still got a nice lil stash not so mad... Also cause of all of this doors have opened up for other opportunities which kinda put certain services in high demand so now and future situations are popping up.. Maintaining

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Had to cancel my daughter's sweet 16. Had family flying in from Arizona and NY.
Will be working from home for this week. My staff as well. Our biggest offices have closed. London, NY, Paris and the ones in Asia. My Manila team is working from home, but some live in parts where they don't have wifi or Internet.

Jack Spade

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Self quarantining. Came down with the flu last week. Was worried asf so staying out the way and working from home. Job is making all employees wfh starting this week so I just got a head start on everybody. Wife is stay at home mom so no issues with childcare. Having trouble finding items in the grocery is really the only pain in the ass I've experienced.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically they cannot afford to keep everyone. Business was bad before the virus outbreak but this mad it worse. I am not even upset with the company cause I saw the figures going down b/c I work very close with accounting. I knew my goose was gonna be cooked. I just thought it would be in the summer. Not so freaking early. Nothing I can do about it.

I never been to China but i am affected by some shit that started there.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Why did you lose your job?

HUNTSVEGAZ

Hip-Hop father
BGOL Investor
Sweden closed borders but everything is functioning normally at the moment

Studio is on hiatus but no drop in inquiries. Travel segment of the business is dead right now. I also teach music production at a middle and we’re operating normally.

Swedes are amused at the irony of Americans hoarding toilet paper

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nothing too major so far.

Daughter out of school, but my wife had surgery recently that's got her sidelined as well. So they will be home together for the next two weeks. MINIMUM.

source.gif

My classes will be online for the next two weeks, but I'm still required to be at school.

I haven't checked my 401k since the economy started to crash. Don't even want to know.

giphy.gif

I am worried about my parents. My pops have been fighting cancer for ten years now. I'm going to feel a type of way if the corona is the one that gets him. The chemo has got his immune system compromised.

Got some loved one going through life shit that nothing to do with the virus.

Basically, I stay worrying about the future for me and others, but it is what it is. This shit is out of my control. Life going to make me and everyone else hold many Ls without our permission anyway. Keep on keeping on, fellas. Life never promised us stability.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn. Stay strong for the fam bro. Keep the place disinfected and dont take no chances. I know kids wanna go out and do stuff but chill on that for at least the 2 weeks.

Daughter out of school, but my wife had surgery recently that's got her sidelined as well. So they will be home together for the next two weeks. MINIMUM.

source.gif

My classes will be online for the next two weeks, but I'm still required to be at school.

I haven't checked my 401k since the economy started to crash. Don't even want to know.

giphy.gif

I am worried about my parents. My pops have been fighting cancer for ten years now. I'm going to feel a type of way if the corona is the one that gets him. The chemo has got his immune system compromised.

Basically, I stay worrying about the future for me and others, but it is what it is. This shit is out of my control. Life going to make me and everyone else hold many Ls without our permission anyway. Keep on keeping on, fellas. Life never promised us stability.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn. Stay strong for the fam bro. Keep the place disinfected and dont take no chances. I know kids wanna go out and do stuff but chill on that for at least the 2 weeks.

Appreciate that. I believe my folks will be good. They had to keep the placed sanitized anyway prior to this outbreak of corona.

My daughter is 11, so she isn't going anywhere without us.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

source.gif

giphy.gif

Damn man, wishing your parents the best, especially your pops. Hoping they stay safe and clear.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Well, I'm working from home for the foreseeable future. Already was wfh 2 days per week avg.

The 401k losses have been big. I hate looking at it.

Wife got the ok to work from home, so my office population will increase by 1. Conference calls might get alil more interesting:hellyea::devil2: