How has the Coronavirus impacted you directly, to this point?

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Funny. I was looking a videos on DR and Colombia and I was thinking I will never ever get to see those places and live that life. I stay broke.

Naw Kinsfolk... that ain't how shit work...don't develop tunnel vision...always remember life is a tunnel..but in the end we go through shit to be humble...I can promise you .. I was just like that...but I can guarantee you... your comeup.. is right around the corner...always remember how you are now...and respect everybody situation... when you get success...good luck ..brah

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Working remotely.

401K is taking a beating

Was about to go under contract on a new home. Wifey and i decided this isn’t the time to have our cash reserves take a hit like that. Rates are at a record low, so that was a tough call (but the right one).

Word of layoffs starting to surface. I hear I’m all good, but you never know.

Family reunion likely to be cancelled. I don’t see how this gets resolved by then. I think they could go as far as shutting down domestic travel if things keep trending in this direction.

Prayers to the brotha up top who lost his job and 401K. Stay safe and positive, fam.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Lost job. Lost 401k. Worried about parents.
Basically they cannot afford to keep everyone. Business was bad before the virus outbreak but this mad it worse. I am not even upset with the company cause I saw the figures going down b/c I work very close with accounting. I knew my goose was gonna be cooked. I just thought it would be in the summer. Not so freaking early. Nothing I can do about it.

I never been to China but i am affected by some shit that started there.

What field were you in?

As a side hustle, this may be an excellent time to do UberEats or Grubhub or any other kind of delivery service since a lot of people cannot or will not go out.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've lost money in the market mostly in my 401K. I had a bad case of pneumonia years ago and have decreased lung capacity, so I have to keep that in mind. I'm mostly working from home now. I have a couple millennial age children that work in hospitality and they both just got notices their companies are shut down until further notice.

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I work in IT so a bomb has been dropped on us to coordinate faculty, staff, students, and others who can now only work remotely.
Man... I couldn't even imagine! I know the IT people at my job are under the gun too to send a lot of folks home to work that normally work in office 100% of the time.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Man... I couldn't even imagine! I know the IT people at my job are under the gun too to send a lot of folks home to work that normally work in office 100% of the time.

It's crazy. There's been a mad scramble to buy additional servers, licenses, home wifi plans and hotspots. We're expecting the help desks to get slammed with questions as well.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
I was at Whole Foods and the shit was ridiculous. All the god damn meat was gone they had half a salmon left and I copped it all. Some white bitch was buying all the ground beef telling me it was for sloppy joes. I was like I don’t eat beef but good luck. Niggas was mad as hell LOL

uptown93

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sheed, it seemed cool at first but they told us we were going to be off this week so I was like cool. But a few hours later they hollered back and were like it may be up to 8 weeks. Hell all I can do is play this shit by ear now

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NL2Z38.gif

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I probably didn't take this too seriously until I hit the supermarket Saturday morning. Just to find out they didn't have a single bottle of beer.

Fuck you Trump. :angry:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Maintaining...

More worried about others. My closest are all in target groups - hospital staff, nurse, cancer, recently had surgery, blood disorder, elderly, special needs, upper respiratory / severe asthma.

So that part mad stressful

So just organizing, cleaning, Getting the kids ready for home school. Making sure money straight.

Never was a prepper, so I'm getting what i can as i can.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My girl from Alberta, Canada just told me her trip to the Dominican Republic had to be cancelled. If you leave her province in Canada and travel outside the country, you have to be quarantined for two weeks upon your return to the country.

Not sure how much money she lost.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sorry to hear. Market it that you can disinfect? Maybe?
The problem is my staff is not trained to wear PPE suits. To keep them safe, a training would be needed insure they are removing the gear properly to not contaminate themselves. The second problem is that I don't have this item in large quantities. I may have like 4 of them. I would need to order at least 500 to 1000 for the staff to be able to use each day. Infectious cleanings are so rare, we may get one or two a year where there was an outbreak of the flu, ringworms and other things like that so I never had to keep them in stock. Now just walking into someones home is potentially dangerous without a PPE suit.

333_17805070005852.jpg