How has the Coronavirus impacted you directly, to this point?

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
The point of working for a cable company is to move up. So many levels to this shit. Been with Time Warner/Spectrum for 13 years. I wake up and do my thing straight from the crib. Dont have to go into an office. Only see my boss like once a week. Unlimited OT because we pop in my area, so I get it in. Im a level 5 business class tech. Only level after that is fiber tech. Dont want that job or sup position though. No OT in it. Make more money than my supervisor by the end of the year, and can do this shit in my sleep. Personally I love it :dunno:

I don’t know if it’s the same but I used to mess with this chick who’s dad was a fiber tech for Verizon. He made like 100k+ a year. Is that the same with Comcast.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
I don’t know if it’s the same but I used to mess with this chick who’s dad was a fiber tech for Verizon. He made like 100k+ a year. Is that the same with Comcast.
There are different levels of fiber techs. You have an in house fiber tech that only deals with the inside of a business and setting up the fiber. Then you have a network tech who deals with fiber outside in the plant. The plant guys get cheese. Im assuming that's what you are referring to. White boys been keeping that position locked up for a while. But techs have been leaving Spectrum since TWC was bought out. They just dont treat us like Time Warner did. Hell Im one of few senior technicians in my office and have only been there for 13 years. All the old heads left. Got a bunch of dumb ass 18-25 year old dudes working for us now. Shit's a shame. If u pay attention to who you see driving around in certain company trucks, that gives u an idea. Half of the AT&T techs look older when I seen them. Our techs look like high schoolers. Shows you how a company is treating its people. Hell, AT&T techs even got a 20 percent pay increase for this virus shit. All we got was 3 extra weeks of vacation and a 25 dollar gift card once a week for a month :hmm:

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm in Virginia ( Virginia Beach to be exact) Governor declared everyone stay home period. So my job gave me one of those papers to show the cops ‍ I'm permitted to be on the road coming and going to work

Yea I got one too.. Whole time I'm like my check is essential but.. Fuck all of yall... You Come deal wit the public during a pandemic then ask yourself how Much you should be paid for This.... Boss..

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who has been tested?

Because good lord...

Maybe the cure is worse than the disease.

I had the test done. That didnt push the qtips far as that pic but they put it up there. That shit hurt. The left side of my head hurt for days after that shit.

I wouldn't do it again

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Either I got it or the flu not sure yet but I just been chilling at the house trying not to spread whatever I got.

Update: a playa is feeling a lot better!

unfortunately my second job is damn near done for... sad to see so many grown people crying and unsure how they would handle things in the near future.

My main job more then likely will be just fine but we did have two folks who caught it. That doesn’t affect me though since I’ve been working from home.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
There are different levels of fiber techs. You have an in house fiber tech that only deals with the inside of a business and setting up the fiber. Then you have a network tech who deals with fiber outside in the plant. The plant guys get cheese. Im assuming that's what you are referring to. White boys been keeping that position locked up for a while. But techs have been leaving Spectrum since TWC was bought out. They just dont treat us like Time Warner did. Hell Im one of few senior technicians in my office and have only been there for 13 years. All the old heads left. Got a bunch of dumb ass 18-25 year old dudes working for us now. Shit's a shame. If u pay attention to who you see driving around in certain company trucks, that gives u an idea. Half of the AT&T techs look older when I seen them. Our techs look like high schoolers. Shows you how a company is treating its people. Hell, AT&T techs even got a 20 percent pay increase for this virus shit. All we got was 3 extra weeks of vacation and a 25 dollar gift card once a week for a month :hmm:

Oh yea he wasn’t going to houses. He would even be on the road sometimes. I hate Comcast service here in Houston, one time they sent this Contractor who wasn’t actually an employee. He fucked my cable internet

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm in Virginia ( Virginia Beach to be exact) Governor declared everyone stay home period. So my job gave me one of those papers to show the cops ‍ I'm permitted to be on the road coming and going to work
Yea I got one too.. Whole time I'm like my check is essential but.. Fuck all of yall... You Come deal wit the public during a pandemic then ask yourself how Much you should be paid for This.... Boss..

Same. But fuck all that, I'm working from home. Mayor here is just "urging" folks to stay at home for the time being. Wouldn't surprise me if that changes soon though,

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Update: a playa is feeling a lot better!

unfortunately my second job is damn near done for... sad to see so many grown people crying and unsure how they would handle things in the near future.

My main job more then likely will be just fine but we did have two folks who caught it. That doesn’t affect me though since I’ve been working from home.

What was your second job?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I get it but, to be real, it's worth it if your life is on the line.
I'd be way more concerned with getting the chest x-ray. Seems like the corona test is just to know whether or not you should quarantine. They going to have to treat you off how your lungs look with that chest x-ray.

I fear too many people worrying about the wrong thing and SOME ain't going to get the right care and will die. If you having trouble breathing, fuck a COVID test. Demand a chest x-ray.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What was your second job?

retail office store. It’s hitting them hella hard too they trying to hold on but it’s not looking good. It was my side gig so it doesn’t really fuck with mebut unfortunately the full time staff are the ones I’m worried about. All good folks man who got yrs with the company but unfortunately they about to get the hammer.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
My company does logistics for this outfit in Wisconsin that makes hospital grade sanitizers, cloths, etc.

Their employees are averaging 65 hours a week, and they're asking for help from other branches to keep up with demand.

I'm salaried... if they put me on the clock or give me some kind of incentive I'll go for the entire summer...

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

I had this same thought yesterday.

Told my wife how privileged we are, that we can order groceries online, pull up to the store, not even get out the car, and have some grocery store worker making minimum wage put my groceries in the trunk, and pull away...

These folks need to get paid more.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
After working like a demon last week I decided to take a day off. Had some good weed, some old movies and decided to get a take and bake pizza from the grocery store near my house.

At this point I should explain that even though my neighborhood is only 10 minutes from downtown SF it is still very isolated. Also, this store has five aisles and is overpriced as fuck. I only go there when I really don't feel like leaving the island.

Like Monday.

Anyhow I get there. No line to get in. Hardly any customers. No problem social distancing. Pay for my pizza and ask the owner how it's going. He said "business is slow. We don't have the selection people want."

That floored me.

These days I've seen people lined up around the block, sometimes in the rain, to get into a damn Whole Foods. Taking God knows what risks every time they step inside. This local store, which I avoided 90% of the time now looks like a gem. Shelves stay full except for the few items you would expect to see missing.

I'll gladly forgo my Chilean mangoes and pay a little more for pizza until the apocalypse ends.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Also. Has anyone been losing weight during this? I've gone up one belt hole since shelter in place

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Also. Has anyone been losing weight during this? I've gone up one belt hole since shelter in place

man i had plans on working out crazily, like getting up at normal work hours 4am, doing cardio, having breakfast then resting, around late noon doing some heavy lifting, then relax before a light supper...... but on the 22 of march i tweaked my back at work....so that threw plans all off....

I'm about to start doing something tho.....