Hollywood Legal: Nickelodeon Severs Relationship w/ Producer Dan Schneider UPDATE: NEW DOC! Quiet on Set

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Melissa Joan Hart believes Quiet on Set allegations '100 percent'​

The former child star of "Clarissa Explains It All" says she only had positive experiences at Nickelodeon, but stands by her contemporaries.
By
Christian Holub

Published on March 29, 2024

Melissa Joan Hart wasn't involved in the recent documentary Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV about the abuse suffered by some Nickelodeon child stars in the '90s. In fact, she hasn't even watched it yet. But she still believes the allegations that were brought to light in the docuseries.

“I don’t know other people’s experiences. I’m not negating anything anyone else says,” Hart said on a new episode of Meghan McCain's podcast, Meghan McCain Has Entered the Chat. “I’ve never been told these people’s stories that are in the documentary or and I have to say I’ve never heard a story from a Nickelodeon star personally.”

Hart continued, “no one’s come to me and talked to me about any of these situations, and that’s not to say anything about anyone’s story. I absolutely trust and believe them 100 percent.”

Melissa Joan Hart attends The Time Is Now: Reinstate The Assault Weapons Ban event at The Hamilton on January 23, 2024 in Washington, DC.

Melissa Joan Hart.
PAUL MORIGI/GETTY
Hart starred on Nickelodeon's Clarissa Explains It All from 1991-1994, playing a young girl who talked about her adolescent experiences directly to the audience. It was her breakthrough role, before playing her most iconic character in Sabrina the Teenage Witch on ABC and then the WB Network from 1996-2003.

In the interview with McCain, Hart said she only had a positive experience working at Nickelodeon, though her show filmed at the network's Orlando studio rather than in Hollywood.

“I was surrounded by an amazing crew, an incredible cast that took such good care of me,” Hart said. “And so I don’t know if it was the difference in Orlando or the time period, whoever these guys were, they weren’t around, but I have to say, not every egg in the Nickelodeon basket is rotten. There were some people that really took care of me."

CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL, Melissa Joan Hart

Melissa Joan Hart.
NICKELODEON/ COURTESY: EVERETT
Listen to Hart's full interview on Meghan McCain Has Entered the Chat. Quiet on Set is now streaming on Max, with an additional episode coming soon.

If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual abuse, text "STRENGTH" to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 to be connected to a certified crisis counselor.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Child endangerment conviction​

In August 2020, his former girlfriend Melissa Lingafelt accused him of verbal and physical abuse during their three-year relationship in the late 2000s. Lingafelt also accused Bell of inappropriate behavior regarding underage girls.[147] Bell has denied the allegations.[148]

On June 4, 2021, Bell was arrested in Cleveland, Ohio, on charges relating to "attempted endangering [of] children and disseminating matter harmful to juveniles."[149] A public information officer with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's Office, said "the 15-year-old victim, who had established a relationship with Bell several years prior, attended his concert in December 2017 [...] While there, Bell violated his duty of care and, in doing so, created a risk of harm to the victim." The Cleveland Police also found that Bell had sent the minor "inappropriate social media messages" for "months leading up to the concert". Bell was 31 at the time of the alleged incident. Bell pleaded not guilty, and was freed on a $2,500 personal bond, and was ordered to provide a DNA sample.[150] He agreed to have no contact with the accuser in the case with a pretrial hearing scheduled for June 23.[151][152]

On June 23, Bell pleaded guilty to both charges.[153] On July 12, 2021, Bell's accuser, then 19, made a public appearance and statement accusing him of sexually assaulting her while she was underage, in addition to the endangerment charges. Bell was sentenced to two years of probation and 200 hours of community service, which he was permitted to complete in California. He also is not allowed to have any contact with his victim.[154][155][156]

Bell claimed in a video that he ceased texting his accuser when her age came to light, and that no images of a sexual matter were exchanged. He also stated that he accepted a plea deal because "I felt that this was the best way to get this over quickly, and for everyone involved to be able to move on."[157][158]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend