HBO's True Detective Premiers tonight

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Yeah I’m gonna catch it on KODI, the way they’ve been advertising it heavily it better be good. I was looking for the ID Channels “Real Detectives”, which was a great show too, and found this one

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
It will be good
They took their time they found out that it's not one of those every year shows you need 2 or so to get everything right
It's very much a west world type not a annual every year type

The 1st season took him like 10 years to write
2nd season like 6 months and it showed.
10 yrs?

Gotdamn

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
then u missed out on a great season of tv.

the seasons are not related. but i would still recommend watching season 1. season 2 is not necessary. but it is not as bad as some people make it out to be.
Cool. I'll try season 1 again

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, the seasons are not connected in any way. Different cops, criminals and cases.
You should give season 1 another chance and stick with it. It moved slow but got better as it went on and you connect with the leads. ....look up the one camera, one shot scene of the episode titled "Who Goes There?" (I think that's the title). That shit was great.
Season 2 wasn't really bad...I actually liked it, but in comparison to season 1 it doesn't come off well. Vince Vaughn didn't do a bad job, but I can't ever believe him as a heavy, so for me that hurt it.

Do we need to see the first two seasons to watch this one? I couldn't make it past the first episode of season 1.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Nah, the seasons are not connected in any way. Different cops, criminals and cases.
You should give season 1 another chance and stick with it. It moved slow but got better as it went on and you connect with the leads. ....look up the one camera, one shot scene of the episode titled "Who Goes There?" (I think that's the title). That shit was great.
Season 2 wasn't really bad...I actually liked it, but in comparison to season 1 it doesn't come off well. Vince Vaughn didn't do a bad job, but I can't ever believe him as a heavy, so for me that hurt it.
cool, watching it now.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
michelle_monaghan_ass.gif

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
First season was good. If your not into mystery crime
thrillers find something else to watch shit ain’t for you.

Hoping this 3rd season surpasses the first but we’ll see.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm all the way in. Gotta see where this goes. Right now it's a million different ways it can go. Wish it was a Netflix show so I could just watch the whole season.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First season was great. I never watched the second season because hearing all the reviews was depressing. But I'm gonna watch this season no matter what.

Even Jimmy Kimmel said right to Mahershala's face when he was on his show that season 1 was brilliant and season 2 was not so good, but he was looking forward to season 3. I was shocked he just came out and said that.
I haven't seen it, but I'll check out season 1 for sure.