HBO's True Detective Premiers tonight

power lord

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last 2 episodes were not good at all. I managed to make it through the season, so just for that alone it's still better than Season 2. I couldn't make get past the 2nd episode of season 2.
Season 2 imo was not that bad it's just coming off of Season 1 which is one the greatest shows of all time. It also has this scene in it

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This TRUE?
I see others say seasin 4 is most watched of the series.
Dont know where to verify it.

Anyway, season Five coming up.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This TRUE?
I see others say seasin 4 is most watched of the series.
Dont know where to verify it.

Anyway, season Five coming up.

If it is the most watched it's not because it's the best. It's because of the people who watched seasons 1-3, and the new people who heard that it was good decided to watch.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
True Detective: Night Country.

The season on the whole was mixed for me. Some elements worked, while others didn't.

At 6 episodes it also felt like there was too much stuff crammed in, and some side plots that weren't fully fleshed out.

With the fractured relationship between Danvers and Navarro from jump, it only allowed for a few episodes in the latter half wherein they could partner up and do the "detective work" together as a more cohesive pair. Looking back I would have preferred seeing them together more earlier on, which just wasn't plausible.

The mood and vibe of the show was appreciated though. That unsettling darkness, especially as a winter season watch in January / February. More ominous.

As for True Detective as a franchise ... seasons 1 and 3 were definitely the highlights. Seasons 2 and 4 not so much. I'll still continue watching though - whenever season 5 comes around.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
True Detective: Night Country.

The season on the whole was mixed for me. Some elements worked, while others didn't.

At 6 episodes it also felt like there was too much stuff crammed in, and some side plots that weren't fully fleshed out.

With the fractured relationship between Danvers and Navarro from jump, it only allowed for a few episodes in the latter half wherein they could partner up and do the "detective work" together as a more cohesive pair. Looking back I would have preferred seeing them together more earlier on, which just wasn't plausible.

The mood and vibe of the show was appreciated though. That unsettling darkness, especially as a winter season watch in January / February. More ominous.

As for True Detective as a franchise ... seasons 1 and 3 were definitely the highlights. Seasons 2 and 4 not so much. I'll still continue watching though - whenever season 5 comes around.

This all day!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend