Game Of Thrones: The Sopranos with swords or Dynasty in chainmail?

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't want any spoilers that's why I stayed away from the youtube channels that I frequent when the show is poppin

These mfers be dropping hella leaks of script and nonsense lol like nah its not that serious I'll wait

I wish they play the final season in the theater I'd pay my money every week to watch it on big screen

I did the exact opposite. Saw all that shit. Most of the spoilers for season 8 . Is mostly bullshit right now. The only thing I think that was leaked, was just photos of the sets and scripts. Only showing the screen time of plot points.

I watched all those GOT channels. During the drought. I kind of got tired rewatching all the episodes. I also checked out the history and lore videos.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thorne fought with the targaryens during the uprising so he was sent to the wall after Robert won. So he had beef with the Starks. He couldnt really say shit Benjen but the bastard son of Eddard Stark was fair game. I'm sure he and Benjen were not buddies either.
You are mixing book info... with the tv show info. :hmm:
I hate when people do that.

Thorne is just the Man-at-Arms at Castle Black, on the tv show.
They never mentioned anything about "who Thorne fought with during Robert's Rebellion", on tv. :smh:

On the tv show... why does Thorne hate Jon from the very beginning? In your opinion.
Leave the 'book knowledge' out of it. :hmm:

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't have cable, how can I see this newest season kicking off April 14th without an HBO subscription?

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't have cable, how can I see this newest season kicking off April 14th without an HBO subscription?
If you can’t find a good website online to watch it... and don’t feel like dealing with endless ads, endless redirects, possible viruses & spyware.... you could always download the HBO Now app, for mobile devices. Or visit HBONow.com website, on laptops.
No Cable subscription needed.
$15 bucks / per month. :dunno: Cancel after 6 weeks/6 episodes, when season 8 ends.
The show airs at the same time as regular cable.
9:00pm Every Sunday. (And you can watch it at anytime ‘on-demand’ after it drops @ 9pm)

Last edited:

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If you can’t find a good website online to watch it... and don’t feel like dealing with endless ads, endless redirects, possible viruses & spyware.... you could always download the HBO Now app, for mobile devices. Or visit HBONow.com website, on laptops.
No Cable subscription needed.
$15 bucks / per month. :dunno: Cancel after 6 weeks/6 episodes, when season 8 ends.
The show airs at the same time as regular cable.
9:00pm Every Sunday.

I went this route 3years ago. I don't have cable. And you usually have to wait a little over an hour. On bgol cinemas. So I signed up for HBO Now.

April through May, is the perfect time for the last season to air. Because of the weather. Since the past two seasons started late. There was a few weeks when the damn weather caused power outages. While the episodes aired, and caused a alot of people to miss the episodes live.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I went this route 3years ago. I don't have cable. And you usually have to wait a little over an hour. On bgol cinemas. So I signed up for HBO Now.

April through May, is the perfect time for the last season to air. Because of the weather. Since the past two seasons started late. There was a few weeks when the damn weather caused power outages. While the episodes aired, and caused a alot of people to miss the episodes live.
Yo, that HBO Now stream is crystal clear + high definition (with subtitles). And the episodes be dropping like clockwork @ 8:59pm. :yes:

Worth every penny, imo. :rolleyes:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:yes:I originally got it just for GOT. But I have checked out The Wire and their line up of movies. I'm going to check out Deadwood and Carnival after game of thrones end.
Never saw Carnival, but Deadwood is real good. :yes: It’s a violent, profanity-laced, Shakespearean Western for adults. :yes:

Only 3 seasons. About 12-13 episodes each. :dunno:

But I give it about 2 episodes (at most) before Al Swearengen & Calamity Jane will break your ‘cuss-o-meter’. :D

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Never saw Carnival, but Deadwood is real good. :yes: It’s a violent, profanity-laced, Shakespearean Western for adults. :yes:

Only 3 seasons. About 12-13 episodes each. :dunno:

But I give it about 2 episodes (at most) before Al Swearengen & Calamity Jane will break your ‘cuss-o-meter’. :D
:lol:I already know what's up with Deadwood.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now what are the ideas as to why Barristan Selmy got such different treatment than Thorne for doing I'm assuming the same thing. He was a Targaryan loyalist and part of the kings guard, right? Everybody seems to love him though, and he even stays Kings Guard under Robert.... but I have to think he fought Robert's army as hard as Thorne did. If as soon as the king was dead, he took the knee for Robert, I would think Ned Stark would look at him like he looked at Jamie Lannister, but he's neither looked down on or sent to the wall.
Haven't looked up any info on that yet.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was pissed when they canceled Carnival. That shit was my show and so much was about to happen. I wanted to see what else was gonna happen with the fat chick that got killed/taken by those ghosts and the dwarf saw her up in that window basically about to get gangbanged by the ghosts :lol:

Carnival was a great show... HBO pulled the plug on that show way too soon. Rome and Carnival were "must see" shows for me.

Last edited:

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
I was pissed when they canceled Carnival. That shit was my show and so much was about to happen. I wanted to see what else was gonna happen with the fat chick that got killed/taken by those ghosts and the dwarf saw her up in that window basically about to get gangbanged by the ghosts :lol:

Yeah, that was a creepy scene. It was the way dude pulled her away from the window, slowly. It was like, "This b*tch is in here with me forever."

The scene when the old woman was heard sowing o'le boy's mouth shut was off the hook too. There was a lot of macabre sh*t going on in that show.

Clancy Brown (Brother Justin) always plays good characters.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Rome is up there with the Sopranos and the Wire. If you liek Rome, check out Starz Spartacus.

Good looking out. But I already saw Spartacus. Spartacus was fucking awesome. I checked it out while it originally aired. That Spartacus thread was epic. With all the memes, gifs, and commentary. The one of the ones that stood out was the bati artus suge knight meme. At the end of season 1.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Good looking out. But I already saw Spartacus. Spartacus was fucking awesome. I checked it out while it originally aired. That Spartacus thread was epic. With all the memes, gifs, and commentary. The one of the ones that stood out was the bati artus suge knight meme. At the end of season 1.

Rome is bit more realistic without the Avengers style fighting.

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
Damn forgot all about even watching Rome.

Saw Spartacus.

Gotta check out carnival.

Cant wait for g.o.t. that new trailer...

Looks like winter is coming!

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Episode 1 of season 2 was GREAT ...and brutal

Rome was the reason GOT show-runners thought HBO could do ASOIF tv show
Think imma watch both seasons when I get a chance

Do u watch Vikings? I watched the 1st season but hardly been able to watch TV like that lately. Of cause GOT has my attn so I'd make time for that no matter what lol

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Think imma watch both seasons when I get a chance

Do u watch Vikings? I watched the 1st season but hardly been able to watch TV like that lately. Of cause GOT has my attn so I'd make time for that no matter what lol
Yep Vikings was good until Ragnar leaves

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You are mixing book info... with the tv show info. :hmm:
I hate when people do that.

Thorne is just the Man-at-Arms at Castle Black, on the tv show.
They never mentioned anything about "who Thorne fought with during Robert's Rebellion", on tv. :smh:

On the tv show... why does Thorne hate Jon from the very beginning? In your opinion.
Leave the 'book knowledge' out of it. :hmm:

Without the backstory you have to fall back on the usual trope of "Arrogant Noble looking down at any less noble person just because they can". If I had to guess Thorne saw him as a threat to his presumed ascension to the Lord Commander post. Almost everyone else at castle black who wasn't a ranger was low born so Thorne probably thought Jon Snow was a threat to "noble privilege"

Now what are the ideas as to why Barristan Selmy got such different treatment than Thorne for doing I'm assuming the same thing. He was a Targaryan loyalist and part of the kings guard, right? Everybody seems to love him though, and he even stays Kings Guard under Robert.... but I have to think he fought Robert's army as hard as Thorne did. If as soon as the king was dead, he took the knee for Robert, I would think Ned Stark would look at him like he looked at Jamie Lannister, but he's neither looked down on or sent to the wall.

Selmy didn't have a choice. He HAD to fight til he was unable to due to his oath. Plus King Robert probably liked him. All the other Noble house picked sides so those on the losing side get the wall.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
overnight I did google some answers on it and aside from what you said, Jaime had apparently squired for Selmy when he was younger, and Selmy was known for being almost as honor driven as Ned, so he was just a very well respected dude. Between that and the bravery he displayed fighting against Robert's army, when he was injured severely, Robert called his maesters to help him rather than to kill him when Roose Bolton said he should kill him.

Without the backstory you have to fall back on the usual trope of "Arrogant Noble looking down at any less noble person just because they can". If I had to guess Thorne saw him as a threat to his presumed ascension to the Lord Commander post. Almost everyone else at castle black who wasn't a ranger was low born so Thorne probably thought Jon Snow was a threat to "noble privilege"

Selmy didn't have a choice. He HAD to fight til he was unable to due to his oath. Plus King Robert probably liked him. All the other Noble house picked sides so those on the losing side get the wall.

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

House Selmy was pledged to House Baratheon, Barristan was a member of the Kingsguard so he had to fight with the Targaryan's but he had history with Robert.

I don't think it is mentioned in the show, but it is during the history and Lore series in the BluRay's, when Barristan was injured in the Battle of the Trident, Robert came to visit him even though they fought on opposite sides. Robert and Edard both held Barristan in high regard long before the war.

Barristan_and_Robert.png