Game Of Thrones: The Sopranos with swords or Dynasty in chainmail?

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
The ASOIAF world that GRRM created is so vast that they could really do spinoffs forever.

Old Valyria and the 40 Dragonlord families
The founding of Braavos by the slaves that revolted and took the ships
Exploring Sothoryos and all the dangerous creatures there
The far eastern empires in Essos like Asshai and Yi Ti
Blackfyre Rebellion Wars
Oberyn Martell travels around Essos fighting and learning and drinking

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
I been on and off binging since they have been playing it on HBO. I forgot how many epic moments this show had. And it actually brought up some confusion.

Fam yall help me out.

Which king did Jamie kill?
The mad king right? Who was a Targarian?

And Cersi poisoned a Barathian king?

If so the confusion comes in at The mad king is the one who had wild fire under kings landing? So when did a Barathian get the iron throne for cersi to be queen?

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I been on and off binging since they have been playing it on HBO. I forgot how many epic moments this show had. And it actually brought up some confusion.

Fam yall help me out.

Which king did Jamie kill?
The mad king right? Who was a Targarian?

And Cersi poisoned a Barathian king?

If so the confusion comes in at The mad king is the one who had wild fire under kings landing? So when did a Barathian get the iron throne for cersi to be queen?
Jamie killed the mad king aka aegeon targaryen. At the end of Roberts rebellion(Robert Baratheon) became the ruler of westeros. Because the Targaryeons were defeated. After defeating the mad king eldest son rhygar. Rob was declared the new king.

Since he had help from the Lannisters. Rob promised Tywin, he'll marry cersei. So they can join houses.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
bro I watched all 7 seasons in 3 1/2 days

is that even possible o_O you watched approximately 67 hours of television in 84 hours??? I mean it’s possible but that literally had to be all you did aside from sleeping and eating...damn I thought I was bad

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The ASOIAF world that GRRM created is so vast that they could really do spinoffs forever.

Old Valyria and the 40 Dragonlord families
The founding of Braavos by the slaves that revolted and took the ships
Exploring Sothoryos and all the dangerous creatures there
The far eastern empires in Essos like Asshai and Yi Ti
Blackfyre Rebellion Wars
Oberyn Martell travels around Essos fighting and learning and drinking

frankly i hope they dont do this....none of those story lines will be as compelling as this one

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
is that even possible o_O you watched approximately 67 hours of television in 84 hours??? I mean it’s possible but that literally had to be all you did aside from sleeping and eating...damn I thought I was bad
Yes, I started Thursday night Friday morning and finished Monday morning. Btw each episode is only 50-53 minutes

RoomService

BGOL Investor
An HBO Exec Has Already Watched ‘Game of Thrones' Season 8, and Here's What He Had to Say

249e01d3ea98d279759d4d1586bd4c7b

The hardest secret to keep? One that involves Game of Thronesfinal season.

And HBO’s CEO Richard Plepler did a pretty good job at the network’s Golden Globes after-party, though he did spill the beans about what it was like watching the rough cuts of all six episodes of season eight (with each reportedly costing HBO $15 million…casual).

“It’s a spectacle. The guys have done six movies,” Plepler told Variety. SIX movies?! We’re going to need a whole lotta popcorn come April.

“The reaction I had while watching them was, ‘I’m watching a movie,’” Plelper said. “They knew the bar was high,” he continued, speaking of GoT showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. “They’ve exceeded the bar. I’ve watched them twice without any CGI and I’m in awe. Everybody’s in for an extraordinary treat of storytelling and of magical, magical production.”

This, added to the fact that we now have season eight’s first new footage (which aired during the Golden Globes), is making us wish we had Bran’s greenseer powers to transport us to April.

’Til then, we’ll just be satisfied at how ridiculous it must’ve been to watch all the pre-CGI actors doing their best dragon impressions.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't want any spoilers that's why I stayed away from the youtube channels that I frequent when the show is poppin

These mfers be dropping hella leaks of script and nonsense lol like nah its not that serious I'll wait

I wish they play the final season in the theater I'd pay my money every week to watch it on big screen

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Jamie killed the mad king aka aegeon targaryen. At the end of Roberts rebellion(Robert Baratheon) became the ruler of westeros. Because the Targaryeons were defeated. After defeating the mad king eldest son rhygar. Rob was declared the new king.

Since he had help from the Lannisters. Rob promised Tywin, he'll marry cersei. So they can join houses.
Jamie killed the mad king Aerys II, not Aegon, and Robert Baratheon killed Rhaegar

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor

Robert was Allowed to be King because he had Targaryen blood through his grandmother

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
not sure if it was discussed in the 8000 pages of this thread, lol... but something I had been wondering about since season 1... why Sir Alliser Thorne hated Jon so much. In case anyone else was wondering and hadn't found out yet... he was a Targaryan loyalist who fought against Rob/Ned's army, and after they lost, he was given the choice of taking the black or being executed. So when Ned's bastard comes there he basically never had a chance with Thorne.
It's funny though since John is as much a Targaryan as he is a Stark... I wonder if Thorne would have been conflicted if had known.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
not sure if it was discussed in the 8000 pages of this thread, lol... but something I had been wondering about since season 1... why Sir Alliser Thorne hated Jon so much. In case anyone else was wondering and hadn't found out yet... he was a Targaryan loyalist who fought against Rob/Ned's army, and after they lost, he was given the choice of taking the black or being executed. So when Ned's bastard comes there he basically never had a chance with Thorne.
It's funny though since John is as much a Targaryan as he is a Stark... I wonder if Thorne would have been conflicted if had known.
Thanks. I did not know that backstory about Thorne. :smh:

Well, I never read the books, so judging from the tv show alone... I don't think Ser Alliser completely hated Jon, at first :dunno:... mainly because Jon was the only one who knew how to fight WELL.

Personally, I think Ser Alliser probably had a DISDAIN for bastards, in general. Like most high-born noblemen in Westeros probably would have had. (Prime example: I don't think Sam's father – Lord Randyll Tarly – would be inclined to like any bastards either. :smh: No matter WHOSE bastard it was. :smh: To me, both he and Ser Alliser seem to be cut from the same type of 'condescending cloth', imo. :rolleyes:)

And I think Ser Alliser REALLY started to dislike Jon.... when Sam arrived at Castle Black & Jon helped him / became friends with him. (Because I think Ser Alliser's immediate opinion of Sam was probably the exact same as Randyll Tarly's opinion of Sam. :hmm: Because, I repeat... I think both he and Ser Alliser seem to be cut from the same type of 'condescending cloth', imo. :rolleyes:)

And when all the guys 'went light' against Sam & refused to actually hurt him during those sparring sessions, Ser Alliser immediately figured out it was Jon who persuaded (or threatened) anyone from hurting Sam. Which made Ser Alliser look kinda soft.

Because it's like Rookies who won't listen to an Assistant Coach and 'go hard' during practice.
They all decided to take orders from the Rookie Superstar... not from the Assistant Coach.

So now it becomes about Alliser's EGO.

Ser Alliser has been 'kind of a big deal' at Castle Black FOR YEARS... but after a very short period of time... seems they all feared/respected Jon ALOT MORE than they feared/respected Ser Alliser. (Rast was more scared of what Jon would do to him... than what Ser Alliser would do to him - which made Ser Alliser look weak.)

So when news comes back to Castle Black about Ned Stark getting arrested & thrown in the dungeon at King's Landing... it's the best thing that Ser Alliser knows he can use to constantly embarrass Jon + and knock him down a few pegs.... which will eventually make the other Rookies stop 'respecting him'... so that Thorne can re-establish his own authority.

And after that.... there's no turning back. :dunno:
The lines are drawn. Enemies have been made.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

RoomService

BGOL Investor
If she likes these books, get The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss for her. Not as violent but one of the best fantasy books out there.

Damn I forgot about the violence, but she’s almost 16 so she should be okay.. Props for the other book

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jon's being a bastard definitely would have made Thorne even less likely to show Jon any respect, but it wouldn't make him hate him S much as he did. Remember who the watch recruited in his time...rapists, thieves, murderers and almost certainly other bastards, but he hated Jon worse than any. ...and Jon helping Sam just added to it.
Now remember, Benjen was there and although he and Thorne never interacted on the show at least, you never heard him badmouth Benjen. That would be most likely because they both went to the wall around the same time and Benjen had earned lots of status...AND he was a trueborn. ....but I'm betting there was no love lost between them either.
I never read the books...just googled shit, lol.

Thanks. I did not know that backstory about Thorne. :smh:

Well, I never read the books, so judging from the tv show alone... I don't think Ser Alliser completely hated Jon, at first :dunno:... mainly because Jon was the only one who knew how to fight WELL.

Personally, I think Ser Alliser probably had a DISDAIN for bastards, in general. Like most high-born noblemen in Westeros probably would have had. (Prime example: I don't think Sam's father – Lord Randyll Tarly – would be inclined to like any bastards either. :smh: No matter WHOSE bastard it was. :smh: To me, both he and Ser Alliser seem to be cut from the same type of 'condescending cloth', imo. :rolleyes:)

And I think Ser Alliser REALLY started to dislike Jon.... when Sam arrived at Castle Black & Jon helped him / became friends with him. (Because I think Ser Alliser's immediate opinion of Sam was probably the exact same as Randyll Tarly's opinion of Sam. :hmm: Because, I repeat... I think both he and Ser Alliser seem to be cut from the same type of 'condescending cloth', imo. :rolleyes:)

And when all the guys 'went light' against Sam & refused to actually hurt him during those sparring sessions, Ser Alliser immediately figured out it was Jon who persuaded (or threatened) anyone from hurting Sam. Which made Ser Alliser look kinda soft.

Because it's like Rookies who won't listen to an Assistant Coach and 'go hard' during practice.
They all decided to take orders from the Rookie Superstar... not from the Assistant Coach.

So now it becomes about Alliser's EGO.

Ser Alliser has been 'kind of a big deal' at Castle Black FOR YEARS... but after a very short period of time... seems they all feared/respected Jon ALOT MORE than they feared/respected Ser Alliser. (Rast was more scared of what Jon would do to him... than what Ser Alliser would do to him - which made Ser Alliser look weak.)

So when news comes back to Castle Black about Ned Stark getting arrested & thrown in the dungeon at King's Landing... it's the best thing that Ser Alliser knows he can use to constantly embarrass Jon + and knock him down a few pegs.... which will eventually make the other Rookies stop 'respecting him'... so that Thorne can re-establish his own authority.

And after that.... there's no turning back. :dunno:
The lines are drawn. Enemies have been made.

Just my opinion.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now remember, Benjen was there and although he and Thorne never interacted on the show at least, you never heard him badmouth Benjen. That would be most likely because they both went to the wall around the same time and Benjen had earned lots of status...AND he was a trueborn. ....but I'm betting there was no love lost between them either.
I never read the books...just googled shit, lol.
Agreed. Alliser couldn't say shit about Benjen for 2 BIG reasons....

1 - Benjen was Trueborn Nobility... with a 'more respected' family name.
2 - Benjen outranked Thorne, at the Wall.

When the first episode starts... Benjen is already "First Ranger".

And Thorne is the "Man-at-Arms" at Castle Black >> His job was to teach everyone how to fight, like Sir Rodrick Cassell did at Winterfell.

But Benjen's job was to actually fight (all the shit that everyone heard rumors about o_O).... on the OTHER side of the Wall. :yes:

Shhheeeeiiiiittttt..... Thorne KNEW he would get his ass whupped, if Benjen ever got back to Castle Black & heard he had been 'talking some shit' about him, behind his back. :yes::D

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Agreed. Alliser couldn't say shit about Benjen for 2 BIG reasons....

1 - Benjen was Trueborn Nobility... with a 'more respected' family name.
2 - Benjen outranked Thorne, at the Wall.

When the first episode starts... Benjen is already "First Ranger".

And Thorne is the "Man-at-Arms" at Castle Black. His job was to teach everyone how to fight, like Sir Rodrick Cassell did at Winterfell.

But Benjen's job was to actually fight (all the shit that everyone heard rumors about).... on the OTHER side of the Wall. :yes:

Shhheeeeiiiiittttt.....

Thorne would get his ass whupped, if Benjen ever got back to Castle Black & heard he had been 'talking some shit' about him, behind his back. :yes:

Thorne was an Elitist. Benjen was full noble and Jon is a bastard. Thorne was the Lannisters butt boy and it hurt his pride to have to take orders from a bastard, that's why he hated Jon.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thorne was an Elitist. Benjen was full noble and Jon is a bastard. Thorne was the Lannisters butt boy and it hurt his pride to have to take orders from a bastard, that's why he hated Jon.
The original question was... why did Thorne hate Jon from the very beginning?

Thorne never took orders from Jon from the very beginning.
Jon didn't become Lord Commander until season 5.

:dunno:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The original question was... why did Thorne hate Jon from the very beginning?

Thorne never took orders from Jon from the very beginning.
Jon didn't become Lord Commander until season 5.

:dunno:
Thorne fought with the targaryens during the uprising so he was sent to the wall after Robert won. So he had beef with the Starks. He couldnt really say shit Benjen but the bastard son of Eddard Stark was fair game. I'm sure he and Benjen were not buddies either.