Galaxy S10'X' could cost between $1,425 to $1,600

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Dread, you can clown about it because year after year, what are they really adding onto the phones to really justify their raise in prices.
My daughter bought an X, asked her what was the difference with this from her other phone. She showed me how you can send animated emoji text and FaceTime with multiple people at once.

Software upgrades. Whoopee.

I'm sure there's possible hardware things some may argue but overall, they years behind certain androids like the Samsung Note 9

The emoji isn't just a software update, that is the front facing camera that adds that ability.

Samsung should be leading the world when it comes to hardware, they're the #1 hardware manufacture.

It's sort of crazy that phones are becoming the price of good laptops

They have comparable specs to good laptops, just miniaturized.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
This phone was 1k subsidized in the early 2000s.

hitachi_g1000.jpg

The price of phones have really increased too much considering how much hardware has advanced.

The average "free" Android device cost $350-$600.

Premium devices have always cost $749 and above.

Nothing new, just how we pay for them.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
S10 has a built in cryptocurrency wallet....:eek2:
https://www.slashgear.com/samsung-g...-details-leaked-blockchain-keystore-23563240/
Interest in the world of cryptocurrency might well get a boost thanks to Samsung’s next smartphone. In this next-generation smartphone, it’s been revealed that Samsung MAY be releasing its own cryptocurrency wallet. This wallet was teased today as having the ability to act as a “secure and convenient place for your cryptocurrency.”

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Phones come in all prices,sizes,and colors. Stay in your lane and don't worry about the other lane and it will all work out. When I'm rolling along in the Maxima I never swerve into the Porsche guys lane to tell him his shit costs too much.:dunno:
Excellent way of putting it

mgOWAr.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This phone was 1k subsidized in the early 2000s.

hitachi_g1000.jpg

The price of phones have really increased too much considering how much hardware has advanced.

The average "free" Android device cost $350-$600.

Premium devices have always cost $749 and above.

Nothing new, just how we pay for them.

Exactly, those subsidized phones were always over $600, but the carrier paid the bulk of it and we as consumers, just paid the $200 or less... And as was said earlier phone costs have been increasing by at least $50 for a while, but recently they've jumped a little more than that..

Samsung like Apple is testing where the line is. Apple found out the hard way where it was. But Samsung is hoping to fare a bot better by offering 3 different tiers of the same phone and each tier basically has 2 options. So instead of Apples 2 phones, and eventual 3 Samsung is givimg consumers 6 to choose from.

Amd these "smartphones" are so far beyond what they were 10 or even 5 years ago... 5 yrs ago the top of the line phone was as good as a middle of the line 6 yr old laptop....

Now though, these phones now are poised to be current gen high middle tier gaming laptops...they can play VR and 4K and have tons of ram..... Hell with the right peripherals / software you could do anything a laptop can... In addition to make calls, take DSLR quality pics and all the phone isb your laptop can't do....

With that said, I'll probably get the regular S10, that plus is not my lane / speed

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
The emoji isn't just a software update, that is the front facing camera that adds that ability.
Really?

So you mean to tell me that the old camera did not see a person's face and couldn't follow it with software updated? They didn't want someone to just buy the newer models?

I call BS.

It's typical of what both android and Apple does. It's just android isn't so phone specific, and restrictive. Things work across multi devices.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Really?

So you mean to tell me that the old camera did not see a person's face and couldn't follow it with software updated? They didn't want someone to just buy the newer models?

I call BS.

It's typical of what both android and Apple does. It's just android isn't so phone specific, and restrictive. Things work across multi devices.

Familiarize yourself with the faceID camera.

Look at the difference with Snapchat with FaceID and without.

Really overly intrusive if you ask me but it was way more than a software update.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Familiarize yourself with the faceID camera.

Look at the difference with Snapchat with FaceID and without.

Really overly intrusive if you ask me but it was way more than a software update.

Ahh then I stand corrected. Thought it was just software. Then I'm curious if the Note 9 has the same infrared cam. Cause it can do the animated face emoji as well. But I don't use it.

trick20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I used to be that dude that wanted the newest and price didn't matter. I'm going to start making better financial decisions starting with skipping on these $1000+ phones.

this was me too....and no matter what new features came on the phone i still only text,listen to music and go on youtube.

i'll live through yall ballers. My moto z2 gon hold me down

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ahh then I stand corrected. Thought it was just software. Then I'm curious if the Note 9 has the same infrared cam. Cause it can do the animated face emoji as well. But I don't use it.

The Note 9 has something very similar.

I wouldn't be surprised if the camera(s) used in the FaceID are manufactured by Samsung.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yall better than me. I am considering my S7 to a minty S7 with more internal data storage.
If you've hung on to the s7 this long, gone head and upgrade to the S8+ the prepaid mobiles are offering those at really low prices, so im sure they're out there to be had out right cheap.. ..

You'll have all the features of your phone with a better design, bigger/better battery, more storage, bigger screen and then some....