Galaxy S10'X' could cost between $1,425 to $1,600

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
SeJ78T7.jpg

By now, news has already gotten out about Samsung’s next Unpacked event on Febuary 20th, where we’re expecting to see all three version of the new S10 (S10 Lite, S10, and S10 Plus). But now, a new report from South Korean outlet ETNews suggests that the Samsung S10’s 5G-ready variant will sport some truly far-out hardware.

Dubbed that Galaxy S10 X, ETNews says Samsung’s first 5G-phone will officially go on sale in Korea in late March (shortly after the standard S10 models ship earlier that month) for between 1.6 million and 1.8 million won (around $1,425 to $1,600).

Now that’s some serious cash to throw around for any phone, but if you take a look at some of the Galaxy S10 X’s alleged specs, that $1,500 price tag might not be completely outlandish.

One-upping the rumored S10+’s rumored three-rear cameras, the S10 X will supposedly come with four cameras in back along with two on the front, a massive 6.7-inch AMOLED display, 10GB of RAM along with 1TB of storage, and a 5,000 mAh battery. As for its chipset, it seems the S10 X will come with a Exynos 5100 processor in Korea, though if Samsung’s past Galaxy phones are any indication, that Exynos chip will probably be switched out for a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 if and when the S10 X comes to the U.S.

ETNews also says that like the rest of the Galaxy S10 family, the S10 X will feature something called “life pattern mode” that attempts to control and automate certain parts of the phone by using AI to monitor typical usage patterns. That could mean something like automatically closing certain apps the S10 doesn’t think you’ll need again anytime soon or adjust performance to favor the CPU or GPU, which sounds similar to the intelligent tuning Huawei has been doing to its phones for a couple years.

In short, the S10 X’s components read like a wish list for the modern day smartphone fanatic. It’s got big, powerful hardware with a massive battery and the most cameras we’ve seen on a smartphone yet (unless Nokia beat the S10 to market with this). And even with the increased battery draw of any 5G-related activities, the S10 X may still offer pretty ridiculous battery life.

After lackluster sales of the Galaxy S9, it feels like Samsung has more to prove in 2019 than ever before, and between four new S10 models including that S10 X and its upcoming bendy phone, Samsung just might have what it needs to inject some excitement back into its phones.

https://gizmodo.com/samsung-s-5g-ready-s10-x-sounds-like-a-powerhouse-tha-1831734610

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn that upgrade to the S9 plus is looking really good right now, haha

Edit:

So thats for the 5g version....

Oh nah the regular S10plus will probably be over a G, but it won't be no where near $1,600

I'm good on that, the US wont have good true 5g for at least another year / phone cycle

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
It seems crazy, but the more phone tech plateaus the more expensive they become. I can only imagine the kind of planned obsolescence bullshit needed to make this happen.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What the fuck do people do with their phones in where you need apps, hardware, or whatever other fucking shit that you will spend $1600 for?

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Every damn year the prices of these Samsung & Apple phones jump up & up & up...like $100 every year
Shit is ridiculous
Niggas will need lay-a-way plans just to pay for a stupid cell phone

:smh::smh::smh:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn that upgrade to the S9 plus is looking really good right now, haha

Edit:

So thats for the 5g version....

Oh nah the regular S10plus will probably be over a G, but it won't be no where near $1,600

I'm good on that, the US wont have good true 5g for at least another year / phone cycle

aint the s9 like five hundred dollars now.. I would wait till this s10 officially drops... it may drop even more....

Its cool to enjoy your money...but I never buy anything when it first comes out...

muthafuckas was buying phones that blew up and shit... LOL

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
The tech for the most part has plateaued in phones. They're doing this because people are keeping their phones longer. I'm gonna keep my note 9 til the wheels fall off
Stop lying, I said the same shit, but when Samsung gave me back $450 for my s8+ I jumped at the offer.
I'm sure next year, if you wait they may run the same promo and give maybe $500-600 for the Note 9, I am trading my shit in, LOL.
You gonna be making a post, Note 10 is a BEAST! I'll be right there with you lol

rebel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that's a beautiful phone. lol laptop prices for phones now but being replaced more often on average. everything is going to a subscription model. just like cars, most car buyers look at it as a necessity bill and don't care if the car is 100k if financing gets them to just pay under x amount a month.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stop lying, I said the same shit, but when Samsung gave me back $450 for my s8+ I jumped at the offer.
I'm sure next year, if you wait they may run the same promo and give maybe $500-600 for the Note 9, I am trading my shit in, LOL.
You gonna be making a post, Note 10 is a BEAST! I'll be right there with you lol

The younger me would have been suckered in to do that lol. But now I'm like fuck all that. I had a S8+ and was straight with it but my dam screen cracked. Took it to sprint to get it repaired and o'l dude talked me into swapping it for the Note 9 for basically nothing up front.

I'm on the lease of course & I hate the fact that your bill increases every time you get a new phone. Mine went up $15 a month so yeah I'm cheap & hate any increase in my monthly bills.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'll wait on the one plus 7t same features fraction of the price
Smart man...things like this gonna make the one plus look way more attractive... They bout to swoop in like t-shirt mobile did with the phone plans..nigs gonna start loving one plus

But they still motto g with the frugal phones