Galaxy S10'X' could cost between $1,425 to $1,600

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What the fuck do people do with their phones in where you need apps, hardware, or whatever other fucking shit that you will spend $1600 for?
outside of using your phone for multi- purpose like photography/videography, live, podcast, social media, promotion, etc...ud have to be them major YouTube cats or ig cats to really be like it's worth it

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
im content with my S8+
You in IT, if you never had a Note, don't know you don't want a pen/stylus. I've had many Note's for years, going to the s8+ felt like I was missing something without being able to use the pen. I use my pen many times a day, but that's just me.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

Shiiiid...

That's how people are paying for them

now... 24 month payment plans. :smh:

Fuck a payment plan, I just pay for

them shits outright.

...I got enough monthly bills. :cool:

These payment plans are one of the biggest legal scams on the market today. You would literally save more money by buying your phone on a credit card (not that I would recommend this either).

Back in the day I had an AT&t plan somebody hacked me and added $1,000 worth of charges. I couldn't afford to pay the bill and couldn't prove that it wasn't me who made the charges to their satisfaction (the information they take when setting up your account isn't enough) So they tacked on $4,000 worth of additional fees and sent it into collection within six months.

That's why I stick with MetroPCS now. Call them ghetto if you want, but I have never had this kind of problem with them. Their phone service also works in a lot of places where AT&t doesn't.

Last edited:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Maybe I'm slow on the tech side but what does a $1K+ phone does that a $150.00 phone can't do? Someone please help me out.

Don't get me wrong I have considered getting an iphone only because I would not have to carry my ipod with me because I could access my itunes library through an iphone, but still though...

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
So they're charging more for a 5G radio?

Makes no sense to purchase this model right now unless you're in a city that has a stable 5G connection.

That 5G radio should also be something you can disable.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Maybe I'm slow on the tech side but what does a $1K+ phone does that a $150.00 phone can't do? Someone please help me out.

Don't get me wrong I have considered getting an iphone only because I would not have to carry my ipod with me because I could access my itunes library through an iphone, but still though...

Better hardware & performance.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$1,425 to $1,600
It's not even about the phone and what it can do,tech hasn't changed and it's simply just another status symbol.

If you're running a business,it's cheaper to have a landline with the answering service than to be carrying around two or three phones,I'm never going to get rid of my landline for just a cellphone only ....

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
Better hardware & performance.

Okay but other than that it still does not justify the high prices. For that type of scratch I could buy a decent rig dedicated for gaming. To each their own though, I will never tell the next person how they should spend their dollars.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

a $150 phone would be pretty basic and slow as dirt. Now the difference between a $750 phone a $1000 isn't much. The $1k phone might have a oled screen and the cheaper phone will have a lcd, but performance wise you wont notice much of a difference.

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
It's not even about the phone and what it can do,tech hasn't changed and it's simply just another status symbol.

If you're running a business,it's cheaper to have a landline with the answering service than to be carrying around two or three phones,I'm never going to get rid of my landline for just a cellphone only ....

I have a landline as well. Landlines are still useful especially in a medical emergency because emergency services can pinpoint your exact location vs. someone using a smart phone for a medical emergency. Also your home security and medical alert services work better with land lines.

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
a $150 phone would be pretty basic and slow as dirt. Now the difference between a $750 phone a $1000 isn't much. The $1k phone might have a oled screen and the cheaper phone will have a lcd, but performance wise you wont notice much of a difference.

Thanks for the input.

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
Technically some of these mobile devices specs of gaming rigs that fit in your pocket.

Yeah but can a 1K+ phone host large open world games? Also I can always swap hardware in and out of a rig. I never seen anyone plug a hand held controller into a phone. Can I upgrade a current phone or wait for the new flashy model? Like I said, to each their own when it comes to their money.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
outside of using your phone for multi- purpose like photography/videography, live, podcast, social media, promotion, etc...ud have to be them major YouTube cats or ig cats to really be like it's worth it

Yea I guess if you are really and I mean really making money from those avenues then a really good phone can do the trick.

But the average cat ain't doing that...

This just gives people even more incentive to be in their phone all damn day

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
So they're charging more for a 5G radio?

Makes no sense to purchase this model right now unless you're in a city that has a stable 5G connection.

That 5G radio should also be something you can disable.

heard on the news today ATT was putting up fake 5g logos on peoples phones. You will see the 5G logo but you are still on 4G :lol:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Fuck it, if the Note 10 will have those features

and probably more and also give me the ability

to reap the 5G benefits, I will more than likely

spend that kind of money on the note 10.

Fuck it. :cool:
Right. Fuck anyone who got a problem with it too. The Note 10 is mine when it comes out.

PNVN5S.jpg

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah but can a 1K+ phone host large open world games?
Is it possible, probably with some of the hardware that is out.

Also I can always swap hardware in and out of a rig. I never seen anyone plug a hand held controller into a phone. Can I upgrade a current phone or wait for the new flashy model? Like I said, to each their own when it comes to their money.[/QUOTE]

I'm really just comparing the hardware that you get in a top end mobile device is a miniaturized version of what you could get in a top end pc.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
This is what happens when you deregulate shit and not allow competition.

You basically only have 2 options for smartphones nowadays.

They can charge what they want, cuz they have no competition.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
The younger me would have been suckered in to do that lol. But now I'm like fuck all that. I had a S8+ and was straight with it but my dam screen cracked. Took it to sprint to get it repaired and o'l dude talked me into swapping it for the Note 9 for basically nothing up front.

I'm on the lease of course & I hate the fact that your bill increases every time you get a new phone. Mine went up $15 a month so yeah I'm cheap & hate any increase in my monthly bills.
I feel you my G. Think they were talking bout that price for me to upgrade to that from my 7 edge. Didn't do it cuz nothing is wrong with it currently.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
Yep and to a YouTuber that can record, edit and upload videos (thier product) this phones specs are worth the money. For an average Joe blow that only uses their phone for Twitter and Instagram this phone is pure stunting.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend

Damn son... you must be fuckin'

with one of these joints, huh? :D

clark-howard_253013121.jpg

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ummm no:hmm:, I have a LG7. Now if you can tell me how to access my itunes library through an android phone I would appreciate it.
Shittt...just put all your songs on the phone itself ..shit...or download em all off the web onto the phone...brah