Floyd Mayweather comes off vacation to face Vicious Victor Ortiz for $40 mill

merce77

Star
Registered
The shit is wild. That and the comment section on a lot of these articles are crazy too. Boxing one of the few sports were casual fans run shit. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I catch a few games... I wouldn't even think try argue about that sport cause you can any where and find people who really know the game. They don't play that shit.

It is rare to bump into random people who know anything about boxing, but they have opinions out the ass about this shit like "Pac, Floyd or Berto should be fightin RJJ" and any discussion always comes back to Roy, Tyson or Ali.

This is exactly why when I go out there are three things I don't discuss at bars or wherever mufuccas are drinking. Religion, politics and BOXING. Only if I'm with somebody from my family like my uncle or my cousin, then we'll goad mufuccas into giving their opinions especially if they just said some crazy shit like Tyson in his prime would destroy Ali etc...later on we have a good laugh about it.:lol::lol:

Firefox

Support BGOL
Registered
The shit is wild. That and the comment section on a lot of these articles are crazy too. Boxing one of the few sports were casual fans run shit. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I catch a few games... I wouldn't even think try argue about that sport cause you can any where and find people who really know the game. They don't play that shit.

It is rare to bump into random people who know anything about boxing, but they have opinions out the ass about this shit like "Pac, Floyd or Berto should be fightin RJJ" and any discussion always comes back to Roy, Tyson or Ali.

I aint even gonna front, I used to be one of these...I always loved the sport but didn't know shit technically about it. I was just the casual "Lover of KO's" and "boxing super stars" like most so-called boxing fans. Not no more though...:D:lol:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
After Pac beats JMM and PBF runs through Ortiz the superfight will happen....

DLH (GBP) & Arum (Top Rank) are trying to be civil...PBF is fighting a heavy hitting Southpaw who is younger....this is the fight that will help build PBF's confidence for Pac....2012 its going down...there is no where else to hide for both fighters...everything seems right......

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

preach one reason I always post on boxing Forums....

"People don't know shit about Boxing..."
- Roger Mayweather

:bravo:

another reason I don't really get into a Boxing discussion on the main board.....

its frustrating when cats only know big names "Tyson is 2nd greatest HW of all time only behind Ali"....:hmm::rolleyes:

lastly...I love watching old fights and fighters more than the new school......

tp2001

Star
Registered
I could always recall Quintana, Urango, and the Collazo fights because those were the fights where Berto seemed to be falling off.

Damn I knew I forgot about one of those fights...it was the Urango fight :D

Aw man...shit like that makes my blood pressure go up at times...A lot of the casual fans take the shit at face value and don't see what it takes to get to a certain level with fighters/players. Then they always think that they actually know them after seeing them for a few fights or a few games. Not a good look when you are the one that has been watching the game (and the business) for years and the one who "knows it all" has just watched for one year :smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I went to see the Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen fight at a sports bar with the wife. It was packed and there was no place to sit so we ended up sitting with these three brothers at a corner booth. Nice dudes and all. They got to talking boxing and how Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao. I was going to stay quiet since they were nice enough to let me sit with them and then they asked me what I thought and you know I told them. I pointed out how Pacquiao had real trouble with one defensive, slick counterpuncher so he would be dead against a bigger, slicker defensive counterpuncher in Mayweather.
The response
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
I could feel my wife squeezing my leg which was my cue to STFU. Fortunately Silva and Sonnen had a helluva fight.:D

patscorpio

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I went to see the Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen fight at a sports bar with the wife. It was packed and there was no place to sit so we ended up sitting with these three brothers at a corner booth. Nice dudes and all. They got to talking boxing and how Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao. I was going to stay quiet since they were nice enough to let me sit with them and then they asked me what I thought and you know I told them. I pointed out how Pacquiao had real trouble with one defensive, slick counterpuncher so he would be dead against a bigger, slicker defensive counterpuncher in Mayweather.
The response
I could feel my wife squeezing my leg which was my cue to STFU. Fortunately Silva and Sonnen had a helluva fight.:D
:lol::lol::lol:

merce77

Star
Registered
The response

:lol:You never told us you met Buk, Zef and Will Right in person...:lol::lol:

str8pimpin86

Support BGOL
Registered
Let's not forget that Mayweather was the highest paid athlete in 2007...grossing over $250 million. Dude did that in one year, and it took Manny 2 1/2 years to make $107 million. Floyd got a 3 week deal with Reebok for $1M, and Manny only made $750k for the Nike boom commercial. It kills me that people love Manny so much, but he isn't making as much money as Floyd (and people hate Floyd). I hope he (Pac) will speak up for himself in regards to his career, before they drain him dry. He has a whole country that he's trying to take care of, but his handlers are doing him dirty.

tp2001

Star
Registered
The response

:lol:You never told us you met Buk, Zef and Will Right in person...:lol::lol:

:roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:

:ssshhh:they don't know it was me.:D

Aw shit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *wipes tears*

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Let's not forget that Mayweather was the highest paid athlete in 2007...grossing over $250 million. Dude did that in one year, and it took Manny 2 1/2 years to make $107 million. Floyd got a 3 week deal with Reebok for $1M, and Manny only made $750k for the Nike boom commercial. It kills me that people love Manny so much, but he isn't making as much money as Floyd (and people hate Floyd). I hope he (Pac) will speak up for himself in regards to his career, before they drain him dry. He has a whole country that he's trying to take care of, but his handlers are doing him dirty.

:confused::confused::confused:

Since Floyd last fought:

Floyd Mayweather Net Worth - $90 Million
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-boxers/floyd-mayweather-net-worth/

Manny Pacquiao Net Worth - $70 Million
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/richest-boxers/manny-pacquiao-net-worth/

Not accusing you of padding stats Bro, but can you post links to validate these Totals chief... Just curious...