Floyd Mayweather comes off vacation to face Vicious Victor Ortiz for $40 mill

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered
<embed src='http://riddimmafia.com/player-viral.swf' height='320' width='470' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars="&bandwidth=5000&controlbar.margin=0&controlbar.size=60&dock=false&file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3SseBmFSG-4&level=0&link=http%3A%2F%2Fsmartenupnas.com%2F%3Fcat%3D1&plugins=viral-2&skin=http%3A%2F%2Friddimmafia.com%2Fbekle.swf"/>

4579929509_37f80df400_o.gif

Floyd Mayweather Jr. will return to the ring against welterweight titleholder Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, it has been formally announced. Mayweather broke the news on his Twitter account this morning.

The MGM Grand in Las Vegas appears to be the most likely site, according to Arellano. Cowboys Stadium reportedly is another possibility. The terms of the agreement have not been made public.

"I am ready to return to the ring and give my fans a fantastic night of boxing by fighting the best out there and for me, that is Victor Ortiz," Mayweather said in a news release. "He is the current champion and an extremely talented fighter who showed amazing skills and heart in his last performance against Andre Berto. At this stage of my career, these are the challenges I look for, a young, strong, rising star looking to make his mark in boxing by beating me. Like the rest of my opponents, he is going to try to prove that he can beat me.

“I commend him for accepting the fight, but on Sept. 17, Ortiz is just going to be another casualty, the 42nd one who tried and failed. Trust me, I will be ready."

It’s not clear whether Mayweather’s legal problems could impact the fight. Mayweather faces felony domestic violence charges after an incident with the mother of his children, for which his next court date is Oct. 20. He also has been charged in an altercation with a security guard.

Mayweather hasn’t fought since he easily outpointed Shane Mosley in May of last year, meaning he will have been out of the ring for 16 months when he fights Ortiz. And this would be only his third fight since 2007.

Ortiz "did about four back flips" when he heard about Mayweather's Tweet, a friend of the fighter reportedly told the Los Angeles Times.

"I respect Mayweather because he has been a champion for many years and I know he will be ready, but so will I," Ortiz said in the same news release. "I'm a strong fighter and I have worked really hard to silence my critics. I'm a world champion for a reason and I am not going to let go of my title any time soon. This is going to be a great fight, but I will remain a world champion for many years to come."

Mayweather, the former pound-for-pound king, already is being criticized on message boards for agreeing to fight Ortiz instead of rival Manny Pacquiao, with whom he twice failed to come to terms on a megafight.

And, indeed, Ortiz will be a heavy underdog in the fight.

At the same time, Ortiz, who created a sensation by outlasting Andre Berto in a classic brawl to win the WBC belt in April, is a strong and quick-handed young (24 years old) fighter who is no pushover.

One could argue that Ortiz is a more-serious threat to Mayweather than Pacquiao’s last few opponents have been to him.

“I think this proves that Mayweather isn’t afraid of anybody,” said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, Mayweather’s partner. “Victor can punch. And he’ll come all night long. If he hurts Mayweather, he won’t take his foot off the pedal like Shane Mosley did. He’ll go for the kill.

“And Victor is big. He weighed, what, 161 [in the ring] against Berto? Victor is a big, young powerful fighter.”

One report suggested that Mayweather's plan is to use the Ortiz fight as a stepping stone to a Pacquiao fight next year.

Pacquiao is scheduled to face Juan Manuel Marquez in a third fight on Nov. 12 at the MGM Grand.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/167619-mayweather-to-fight-ortiz-on-sept-17

PBF will earn $40 mill guarantee before ppv ...take the test manny :lol:

x2_652152a.jpg

Last edited:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
The terms of the agreement have not been made public.

PBF will earn $40 mill guarantee before ppv ...take the test manny :lol:

Where did you get this information from Chief... :confused:

------------

http://www.therichest.org/celebnetworth/tag/manny-pacquiao-earnings-2011/

Manny's Earnings:

Annual earnings according to Forbes:
2011 Earnings: $25 Million
2010 Earnings: $42 Million
2009 Earnings: $40 Million

That's $107 Million in the past 2 1/2 Years

Not sure he's really missing not fighting Floyd Dude... :D

merce77

Star
Registered
Wow. That's sad that Ortiz IS more of a challenge than any fighter Manny has beaten his last....what 5 fights. Ortiz is big, strong, fast and can punch. Should be interesting at least.:dunno:

merce77

Star
Registered
Where did you get this information from Chief... :confused:

------------

http://www.therichest.org/celebnetworth/tag/manny-pacquiao-earnings-2011/

Manny's Earnings:

Annual earnings according to Forbes:
2011 Earnings: $25 Million
2010 Earnings: $42 Million
2009 Earnings: $40 Million

That's $107 Million in the past 2 1/2 Years

Not sure he's really missing not fighting Floyd Dude... :D

Of which Bob Arum took how much? 27%, then he I'm sure he's paying Roach a good chunk of change - which amounts to ALOT. Manny's not seeing Floyd in the paper category, so let's not go there. How about the fact that Mayweather is fighting Ortiz, one of the hungry young dudes that Manny's people say aren't marketable enough. I'll bet Floyd's numbers vs Ortiz do better than Pac's against Mosley. Also the fact that right now Ortiz is more dangerous than Cotto, Margarito, Hatton, Oscar, Clottey or any of the other mannequins that Manny's been fighting. I commend Floyd for taking a tough fight after 16 months out of the ring.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Of which Bob Arum took how much? 27%, then he I'm sure he's paying Roach a good chunk of change - which amounts to ALOT. Manny's not seeing Floyd in the paper category, so let's not go there. How about the fact that Mayweather is fighting Ortiz, one of the hungry young dudes that Manny's people say aren't marketable enough. I'll bet Floyd's numbers vs Ortiz do better than Pac's against Mosley. Also the fact that right now Ortiz is more dangerous than Cotto, Margarito, Hatton, Oscar, Clottey or any of the other mannequins that Manny's been fighting. I commend Floyd for taking a tough fight after 16 months out of the ring.

Wow Fam!! You guys will go through any lengths to make Floyd seem like such a warrior and a genius!!! This is the same Ortiz who, struggled against Peterson, quit against Maidana and NOW, because he's fighting Floyd he's the second coming of Jake LaMotta in the heart department!?!?! C'mon Son, he beat Berto, which while I respect that, he's no Sugar Ray Leonard Dude... Bottom line is, both Floyd and Manny are feeding us lines of bullshit, thing is, I've seen through this shit a long time ago, but Dude's like you wanna try to keep hope alive... Floyd is fighting to pay his debt, is a master at the bait and switch, just like Freddie Roach and Manny, and you all are still naive and gullible enough to keep buying into the bullshit... enjoy Fam! Your right, Floyd as always continues to seek out the toughest challenges available... :rolleyes:

And in terms of Floyd in the paper category... He's not fighting so.... nevermind Dude... my head hurts... Let's hope he takes some of the $40 Mil he's getting for fighting Ortiz :lol:, and makes it rain a little bit... on the IRS!!! :smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Wow Fam!! You guys will go through any lengths to make Floyd seem like such a warrior and a genius!!! This is the same Ortiz who, struggled against Peterson, quit against Maidana and NOW, because he's fighting Floyd he's the second coming of Jake LaMotta in the heart department!?!?! C'mon Son, he beat Berto, which while I respect that, he's no Sugar Ray Leonard Dude... Bottom line is, both Floyd and Manny are feeding us lines of bullshit, thing is, I've seen through this shit a long time ago, but Dude's like you wanna try to keep hope alive... Floyd is fighting to pay his debt, is a master at the bait and switch, just like Freddie Roach and Manny, and you all are still naive and gullible enough to keep buying into the bullshit... enjoy Fam! Your right, Floyd as always continues to seek out the toughest challenges available... :rolleyes:

And in terms of Floyd in the paper category... He's not fighting so.... nevermind Dude... my head hurts... Let's hope he takes some of the $40 Mil he's getting for fighting Ortiz :lol:, and makes it rain a little bit... on the IRS!!! :smh:

That's not what he said. I think you're making an argument where none exists.
Ortiz, strictly on his size and youth, is a live underdog and is a step up in quality compared to Pacquiao's last five opponents, the best of which was a damaged Cotto. He's got some glaring weaknesses but he's not a washed up or burnt out fighter.
Plus this kills the "why doesn't Floyd fight someone who has an advantage over him" line. Ortiz isn't great yet but he's a big, strong kid who will come to fight.

merce77

Star
Registered

Ortiz WON his last fight - unlike most Pac's opponents. C'mon son, Pac fought MOSLEY last - did u forget that. The same Mosley who looked like shit in his last 2 fights. Before that it was Margarito - coming off a layoff and before that the worst beatdown of his career. Then Cotto - coming off a horrible beatdown against Margarito and a questionable decision and another beatdown by Clottey - who'd also lost his previous fight. Yet Ortiz who looked very strong and actually BEAT Berto - couldn't be considered for a Pac fight because he wasn't MARKETABLE enough? Yeah ok. Either Manny's not as big a star as they say he is and needs to fight other marketable opponents or they are actually scared Ortiz could beat him - you pick. Ortiz is better than any of Pac's last opponents since he fought Marquez the last time. Ain't nobody building up Floyd - it's truth. Do you think Arum would put a Pacman coming off over a year layoff against anyone of consequence - nope. The public would get Pac/Clottey II shoved down it's throat or some other bullshit.

merce77

Star
Registered
Ortiz, strictly on his size and youth, is a live underdog and is a step up in quality compared to Pacquiao's last five opponents, the best of which was a damaged Cotto. He's got some glaring weaknesses but he's not a washed up or burnt out fighter.
Plus this kills the "why doesn't Floyd fight someone who has an advantage over him" line. Ortiz isn't great yet but he's a big, strong kid who will come to fight.

Thank you.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Thank you.

Dude, I'm not trumpeting for Manny, I'm saying Floyd is just as full of shit as him!!! No matter if Ortiz just won, he still has glowing deficiencies when it comes to matching up with Floyd, and the fact that you are buying this as a real challenge for Floyd proves that he still has his Houdini mojo going... I do agree with Dave, Ortiz has a chance, no matter how minor, but ultimately, Floyd just like Manny will only take a fight where he knows that he has to lose it, not that his opponent can win it... Until they fight each other, with the landscape in the welterweight division, anybody they fight is on the BS scale... just some are higher than others. Like Manny fighting Marquez, as much as the first two fights were competitive, Roach waiting until Manny had grown :D, into a full fledge welterweight to sign the fight... Because of the first two fights, people will buy it and give Marquez a chance at the upset, but Dude is fighting someone two full weight classes bigger, and this is a totally different fight from the first one. Best believe, if Berto had won the Ortiz fight, Floyd for damn sure would NOT be fighting him!!! Ortiz had a great night, but has not looked real good since and during the Maidana fight... :smh:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

Dude, Ortiz has advantages which are negated by Floyd's skillset. Yeah he's a big strong kid who comes to fight BUT, he has no lateral movement to speak of, and he is a straight ahead fighter who a fighter like Floyd eats up... and Floyd's camp knows it... Just like the Marquez fight, which everybody was howling over when he won... Marquez is a slow ass counter puncher, again tailor made for a fighter with Floyds skillset. The reason he has had such success against Manny is because he is a counter puncher, and Manny is a straight ahead brawler. Which is why Freddie Roach waited so long to make that fight... Again, this isn't a Floyd vs. Manny argument, it is a both Floyd and Manny are full of shit argument, which this fight and the Marquez fight proves... Until they fight each other, both are full of shit...

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
4579929509_37f80df400_o.gif

I must admit though... this ^^^ definitely was impressive!!! :lol:

I'm not sure if this was impressive. After all, Floyd used his reflexes to get out of the way of the punches and everyone knows this is not good defense even though he didn't get hit.:D

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
decent fight...at least my one fav boxer right now is fighting....:dance:

I expect a domination as usual.....

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dude, Ortiz has advantages which are negated by Floyd's skillset. Yeah he's a big strong kid who comes to fight BUT, he has no lateral movement to speak of, and he is a straight ahead fighter who a fighter like Floyd eats up... and Floyd's camp knows it... Just like the Marquez fight, which everybody was howling over when he won... Marquez is a slow ass counter puncher, again tailor made for a fighter with Floyds skillset. The reason he has had such success against Manny is because he is a counter puncher, and Manny is a straight ahead brawler. Which is why Freddie Roach waited so long to make that fight... Again, this isn't a Floyd vs. Manny argument, it is a both Floyd and Manny are full of shit argument, which this fight and the Marquez fight proves... Until they fight each other, both are full of shit...

I actually give credit to Floyd for the fight. I always see merit in fighting young, strong champions and this is much better than the so called welterweight competition that Floyd has been facing in the last 4 years. He fought an old Shane and got rocked to the soles of his feet and he fought a lightweight Marquez and still wouldn't knock him out. For those that want to come speeding in here with this stuff about Floyd not getting knockouts because he's not a knockout artist, neither was Pernell Whitaker but he willed himself to knockout Diobelys Hurtado because he was a fighter at heart. Who says only knock out artists get knockouts anyway? I digressed.

Anyway, I think this fight is good for Floyd because he's fighting a young, strong, and yes, fast southpaw. If the same Ortiz that showed up for Berto shows up for Floyd, I think Floyd will taste canvas and lose. Why? First, because Floyd always gets hit more against southpaws and second, because Floyd only throws about 50 punches per round. If Ortiz plays the intense game and simply out throws Floyd per round, he might win the fight. Hell, Hatton was a lot less polished and a lot smaller than Ortiz and he was only down two points on Lederman's scorecard (86-84) at the time of the stoppage. In reality, his aggression was not that effective but he was coming forward, bullying Floyd into the ropes, and throwing more shots than Floyd. This gave the impression that he was doing more than he was. Same with De La Hoya. De La Hoya was missing all kinds of flurries but he was out throwing Mayweather round after round and it looked like he was doing more.

Mayweather is 34 and most haven't realized that he's on old legs because he has been barely fighting in the last 4 years. It's actually amazing that he 's remained relevant in light of this. This is a harder fight than most people think and it's the perfect preparation for a fight with Pacquiao. If the same Ortiz that fought Berto shows up, I definitely think Mayweather could be overwhelmed and upset.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Even though I don't like Ortiz... I can't think of another fighter at welter that make more sense right now. I rather see him fight Khan if Manny is still a no go but people have a fascination with weight over skill.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I actually give credit to Floyd for the fight. I always see merit in fighting young, strong champions and this is much better than the so called welterweight competition that Floyd has been facing in the last 4 years. He fought an old Shane and got rocked to the soles of his feet and he fought a lightweight Marquez and still wouldn't knock him out. For those that want to come speeding in here with this stuff about Floyd not getting knockouts because he's not a knockout artist, neither was Pernell Whitaker but he willed himself to knockout Diobelys Hurtado because he was a fighter at heart. Who says only knock out artists get knockouts anyway? I digressed.

Anyway, I think this fight is good for Floyd because he's fighting a young, strong, and yes, fast southpaw. If the same Ortiz that showed up for Berto shows up for Floyd, I think Floyd will taste canvas and lose. Why? First, because Floyd always gets hit more against southpaws and second, because Floyd only throws about 50 punches per round. If Ortiz plays the intense game and simply out throws Floyd per round, he might win the fight. Hell, Hatton was a lot less polished and a lot smaller than Ortiz and he was only down two points on Lederman's scorecard (86-84) at the time of the stoppage. In reality, his aggression was not that effective but he was coming forward, bullying Floyd into the ropes, and throwing more shots than Floyd. This gave the impression that he was doing more than he was. Same with De La Hoya. De La Hoya was missing all kinds of flurries but he was out throwing Mayweather round after round and it looked like he was doing more.

Mayweather is 34 and most haven't realized that he's on old legs because he has been barely fighting in the last 4 years. It's actually amazing that he 's remained relevant in light of this. This is a harder fight than most people think and it's the perfect preparation for a fight with Pacquiao. If the same Ortiz that fought Berto shows up, I definitely think Mayweather could be overwhelmed and upset.

Good Point
Not so sure I agree with this point though

merce77

Star
Registered
Dude, I'm not trumpeting for Manny, I'm saying Floyd is just as full of shit as him!!! No matter if Ortiz just won, he still has glowing deficiencies when it comes to matching up with Floyd, and the fact that you are buying this as a real challenge for Floyd proves that he still has his Houdini mojo going... I do agree with Dave, Ortiz has a chance, no matter how minor, but ultimately, Floyd just like Manny will only take a fight where he knows that he has to lose it, not that his opponent can win it... Until they fight each other, with the landscape in the welterweight division, anybody they fight is on the BS scale... just some are higher than others. Like Manny fighting Marquez, as much as the first two fights were competitive, Roach waiting until Manny had grown :D, into a full fledge welterweight to sign the fight... Because of the first two fights, people will buy it and give Marquez a chance at the upset, but Dude is fighting someone two full weight classes bigger, and this is a totally different fight from the first one. Best believe, if Berto had won the Ortiz fight, Floyd for damn sure would NOT be fighting him!!! Ortiz had a great night, but has not looked real good since and during the Maidana fight... :smh:

:lol::lol::lol:Wait hold on, Manny has even more glaring deficiencies when matching up with Floyd than Ortiz does - skill and size. Yet everyone swears that Pacquiao would give Floyd the fight of his life. Look, Ortiz is a southpaw, huge compared to Floyd - he weighed in at over 160 vs Berto, he can punch with either hand, has some boxing skills, is pretty quick and he's 24 years old AND coming off a win which gave him all kinds of confidence. I think Ortiz is a pretty live underdog.
And I also think you'll be surprised at just how much Marquez/Pacquiao III will look like the first 2. Manny doesn't know how to make adjustments in fight, that hasn't changed. He's a lil bigger now - that's about it.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good Point
Not so sure I agree with this point though

I wouldn't bet on Ortiz winning but I definitely don't see easy Mayweather domination for a number of reasons. I think Floyd as been playing with fire by being so inactive and not testing himself against better opposition. No one lasts forever and lack of quality activity can make your skills dull.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:lol::lol::lol:Wait hold on, Manny has even more glaring deficiencies when matching up with Floyd than Ortiz does - skill and size. Yet everyone swears that Pacquiao would give Floyd the fight of his life. Look, Ortiz is a southpaw, huge compared to Floyd - he weighed in at over 160 vs Berto, he can punch with either hand, has some boxing skills, is pretty quick and he's 24 years old AND coming off a win which gave him all kinds of confidence. I think Ortiz is a pretty live underdog.
And I also think you'll be surprised at just how much Marquez/Pacquiao III will look like the first 2. Manny doesn't know how to make adjustments in fight, that hasn't changed. He's a lil bigger now - that's about it.

I agree. Ortiz is a big, fast, young southpaw that is probably on a high with his confidence right now. Plus Ortiz is a champion. This is the first fight I'm interested in seeing Floyd in, in a while. That was probably the best fight at welter he could make outside of Pacquiao. I would like to see Mayweather against Canelo Alvarez.

merce77

Star
Registered
Even though I don't like Ortiz... I can't think of another fighter at welter that make more sense right now. I rather see him fight Khan if Manny is still a no go but people have a fascination with weight over skill.

That's because it matters, if it didn't what would be the point in having weight classes? Even big strong punchers like Hearns and Trinidad weren't the same fighters from 154 to 160 and that's just 6 pounds.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

Big difference between Manny and Ortiz is Manny gives A LOT more angles and is not the straight ahead fighter Ortiz is... I believe, in terms of style, Manny would represent the stiffest challenge for Floyd because he is unlike any other fighter Manny has fought... and vice versa... Comparing Ortiz to Manny is like comparing Shaq to LeBron... both good at what they do, but two completely different styles...

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
That's because it matters, if it didn't what would be the point in having weight classes? Even big strong punchers like Hearns and Trinidad weren't the same fighters from 154 to 160 and that's just 6 pounds.

It definitely does matter, that's why Joey Gamache won a huge settlement a few years back because of a career ending loss to Arturo Gatti... weight makes a huge difference, and I believe the difference will be evident when you see Marquez's reaction to getting hit flush by the bigger, more physical :D, version of Manny...

merce77

Star
Registered
I agree. Ortiz is a big, fast, young southpaw that is probably on a high with his confidence right now. Plus Ortiz is a champion. This is the first fight I'm interested in seeing Floyd in, in a while. That was probably the best fight at welter he could make outside of Pacquiao. I would like to see Mayweather against Canelo Alvarez.

Mayweather would eat Canelo Alvarez, I'm really not sold on that kid. He can punch but imo Ortiz is much more naturally talented. But my question is - Mayweather is fighting a guy who weighs pretty much what a jr. middleweight or middleweight would weigh for a fight, this makes me question the people who say a fight with Sergio Martinez makes no sense. It would make more money than him vs Ortiz, not that I'm complaining but it does shoot some holes in the Mayweather vs Martinez makes no sense argument.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

You are bugging.... Ortiz has the worse deficiencies for Floyd... SPEED and HEART.

All I see is him getting tapped up while chasing a big punch and then giving up when he isn't getting traction.

Manny has speed and can touch Floyd because of it and even if he has trouble... Manny won't quit.

merce77

Star
Registered
It definitely does matter, that's why Joey Gamache won a huge settlement a few years back because of a career ending loss to Arturo Gatti... weight makes a huge difference, and I believe the difference will be evident when you see Marquez's reaction to getting hit flush by the bigger, more physical :D, version of Manny...

You might be right. I don't think so, but you might be right. Pacman has to KO Marquez in my opinion to win this fight, but to do that he'll have to go in and eat a lot of counter shots, and it's not like Marquez is Joe Calzaghe.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
You might be right. I don't think so, but you might be right. Pacman has to KO Marquez in my opinion to win this fight, but to do that he'll have to go in and eat a lot of counter shots, and it's not like Marquez is Joe Calzaghe.

Dude for real, unless either of them is clearly dominated or knocked out, Boxing will not let either of them (Floyd / Manny) lose. Too much money involved... :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
You are bugging.... Ortiz has the worse deficiencies for Floyd... SPEED and HEART.

All I see is him getting tapped up while chasing a big punch and then giving up when he isn't getting traction.

Manny has speed and can touch Floyd because of it and even if he has trouble... Manny won't quit.

Manny doesn't quit when he's in a firefight and has a dude coming at him or going to war flatfooted. When he's in a fight where he has to go looking for a dude who won't let him do what he wants like Mosley, dude gets frustrated and doesn't know what to do. Dude looked dejected walking to his corner nearly every round. What do you think will happen against Floyd? As for Ortiz heart, he debunked that against Berto, got knocked down and kept coming - as for speed - you find Ortiz slow? You're the only one I know who does. We are all assuming that Floyd will show up looking like Floyd. He's 34 and it's not like he never relied on his legs with his style. I seriously wouldn't discount Ortiz. Pacquiao is overrated point blank, and I'll put money on it that Ortiz will give Floyd a better fight than Manny. You cats act like Floyd can't get hit. Marquez and Mosley both landed the flush right on him, Marquez moreso, Floyd has slowed down a bit, it's natural. Pac also ain't getting any younger and hasn't looked so great in his past couple fights. Ortiz is coming off a huge win and coming into his prime.

merce77

Star
Registered
Dude for real, unless either of them is clearly dominated or knocked out, Boxing will not let either of them (Floyd / Manny) lose. Too much money involved... :smh:

Yeah, I've been saying that for a while. Even if Marquez totally outboxed him every round he'd get the Whitaker vs Chavez treatment. I just don't see Pacquiao doing to Marquez what he did to Hatton or Cotto.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

It does matter in most cases, but we have to take into account the weight manipulation that is apart of the sport. Dudes are coming into WW fights 160 and MW fights at 180. The weight shit isn't a controlled element in the sport anymore.:smh:

Also in the case I've mentioned Khan is taking about moving up anyway.

Last edited:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Manny doesn't quit when he's in a firefight and has a dude coming at him or going to war flatfooted. When he's in a fight where he has to go looking for a dude who won't let him do what he wants like Mosley, dude gets frustrated and doesn't know what to do. Dude looked dejected walking to his corner nearly every round. What do you think will happen against Floyd? As for Ortiz heart, he debunked that against Berto, got knocked down and kept coming - as for speed - you find Ortiz slow? You're the only one I know who does. We are all assuming that Floyd will show up looking like Floyd. He's 34 and it's not like he never relied on his legs with his style. I seriously wouldn't discount Ortiz. Pacquiao is overrated point blank, and I'll put money on it that Ortiz will give Floyd a better fight than Manny. You cats act like Floyd can't get hit. Marquez and Mosley both landed the flush right on him, Marquez moreso, Floyd has slowed down a bit, it's natural. Pac also ain't getting any younger and hasn't looked so great in his past couple fights. Ortiz is coming off a huge win and coming into his prime.

All Ortiz debunked is that Berto was a world class boxer worth the hype that HBO threw behind him. Berto didn't seriously hurt Ortiz. If Berto had defense and an actual fight plan he would have won.

I don't find him slow for the average WW, but for Floyd... I do.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Finally someone talks about this bullshit with their shades off..how in da FUCK is this his toughest challenge out there? GTFOH..IMO this dude is easy pickens for floyd's style of boxing..i hope dude gets lucky and drops Floyd's ass...but it prolly won't happen..but anything is posible:dunno:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Finally someone talks about this bullshit with their shades off..how in da FUCK is this his toughest challenge out there? GTFOH..IMO this dude is easy pickens for floyd's style of boxing..i hope dude gets lucky and drops Floyd's ass...but it prolly won't happen..but anything is posible:dunno:

Who is a better choice at welterweight?

merce77

Star
Registered
It does matter in most cases, but we have to take into account the weight manipulation that is apart of the sport. Dudes are coming into WW fights 160 and MW fights at 180. The weight shit isn't a controlled element in the sport anymore.:smh:

Also in the case I've mentioned Khan is taking about moving up anyway.

Good points. BTW I mentioned Khan as a serious opponent for Floyd last year and ya'll laughed.