First Look At Wonder Woman In Batman V Superman......What's the Verdict??????

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you still criticizing over it not being the comic book. put that aside and judge it as a movie.

xmen and avengers had plot holes up the ying yang too. You are nitpicking dude. Just admit you didn't like it not following the comic book, and instead it was made to be a good film. Not everybody in the world reads comic books.

Your arguments about why The Batman trilogy is superior to Marvel Studios movies is the exact same thing. Fun=13 year olds. Dark=smart

What does that mean? If a movie is fun it's for kids. :smh:

Avengers did have holes. But the director wasn't trying to tell some fake smart plot. Nolan tried to ground Batman in reality which makes the plot holes that much worse. I don't think I was nit-picking the movie. I could easily do this.

I like Batman Begins & The Dark Knight. But to say if you don't like the movie your either a child or the movie was too smart for you.

There are bad movies that try to be fun (Transformers). And bad movies that try to be dark (Hulk). Then there are bad movies that try to mix the 2 (Green Lantern).

I get you are a fan of Nolan but to dismiss Marvel Studios movies as childish is wrong. The Winter Soldier is easily one of the best MOVIES of the year & it features comic characters depicted accurately.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:smh::smh::smh:
raid-2-poster-600x-1396194417.jpg

* boom

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
Buddy said up da yin yang tho'.

:lol: @ niggas that beed colorful movies ta' watch w/campiness & cheesy one liners ta' laugh at to enjoy a comic book movie.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
So that means you think that if the actor that played Loki, or the villain in Thor2 had died during filming, they would have recieved the Academy award for their performances.

Please answer yes or no.

and if i did i would be engaging in strict conjecture, not fact based discussion, which i am trying to get YOU to STOP doing.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
and if i did i would be engaging in strict conjecture, not fact based discussion, which i am trying to get YOU to STOP doing.

You have implied that Ledger's performance had nothing to do with his Oscar win. You have implied that if someone dies during a production, they will win an Oscar.

Yet Brandon Lee died during the filming of The Crow and didn't recieve any awards.

Can you explain this?

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Joker was just in makeup and doing outta control shit

Bane was always in control

Wasn't that the point of the Joker? Just producing random chaos?

you have no clue what constitutes a great film then and don't understand the basic process of creating a great film. theres a reason Nolan is more respected than any of those cheesy marvel directors. fun=dumbed down. the plots are terrible and the villians are trash. they are designed for 13 year olds. if that's where your intelligence is in sync, have fun at it.

I think this boils down to a difference of opinion between people who are film enthusiasts vs people who are comic enthusiasts. Nolan's Batman movies, at least the first two, could stand alone as great films, outside of their comic roots. Someone who hates comics but appreciates film as art could still see value in them, as far as script, plot-development, etc. The same really can't be said for the Marvel films (except Winter Soldier).

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No

Jack was always in control

Heath was not

Bane had the WORLD in his palm

Hey buk

I'm bout to watch dark knight rises right now

"Let the games begin"

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I think this boils down to a difference of opinion between people who are film enthusiasts vs people who are comic enthusiasts. Nolan's Batman movies, at least the first two, could stand alone as great films, outside of their comic roots. Someone who hates comics but appreciates film as art could still see value in them, as far as script, plot-development, etc. The same really can't be said for the Marvel films (except Winter Soldier).

This makes a lot of sense.

I'm both.

I love the comics for the complex storytelling in the golden age books. I didn't flip to the fight scenes. I just want really good movies to be made of these stories. Don't insult my intelligence by thinking all you need to appease me are explosions and corny one liners.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Some of you need to agree to disagree or be forced to watch Howard The Duck, Generation-X, the original Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Batman & Robin and Superman 3/4 on a constant loop. I'm enjoying this golden age of comic book movies from both sides. Mistakes have been made but Avengers showed that you can do a huge crossover event. And The Dark Knight proved that comic movies can be taken seriously. Ol' Coke vs. Pepsi ass niggas.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As far as comic book movies go, I think Loki and Magneto are the 2 best villains of the Marvel universe so far.

Likewise, Nolan's Joker and Bane are the 2 best villains from DC.

All 4 of these actors definitely captured the true essence of these villains.

But I think Heath Ledger gave the very best performance out of all 4. Hands down.

Especially when you look at all his quirky mannerisms, nervous ticks, vocal inflections and maniacal traits that he incorporated into his version of the Joker.

With no superpowers at all, the Joker remains the most dangerous, intimidating & totally unpredictable villain we have seen onscreen in all the Marvel & DC films combined.

Loki is second. Followed by Magneto & Bane tied for third in my book.
:yes::yes::yes:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

totally agree and as a film buff that grew up on comics this really resonates with me. very few of the recent comic movies can stand on their own as good films. good comic book movies yes. good films, no. and there is a difference btwn a movie and a film.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:yes:

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
This makes a lot of sense.

I'm both.

I love the comics for the complex storytelling in the golden age books. I didn't flip to the fight scenes. I just want really good movies to be made of these stories. Don't insult my intelligence by thinking all you need to appease me are explosions and corny one liners.
Smartest thing I've ever heard you say about comic book films...or much anything else.

But for what it's worth, as a comic buff, I prefer my films to be as ACCURATE as possible to the stories and characters that were written in the books. In that regard Marvel wins against DC, but Dark Horse's comic material has been properly translated in many films. But none have surpassed these films for accuracy...
Watchmen_film_poster.jpg

Sincitypostercast.jpg

300poster.jpg

Kick-Ass_film_poster.jpg

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bane???

The fuck can you put Bane above Zodd?
General Zodd was a great villain in Man of Steel. I almost felt sorry for dude because he was doing nothing more than carrying out the very purpose that he was born for genetically.

Acting - It’s not just WHAT you say… but HOW you say it. :yes:

Actors ‘make choices’ on how to play a scene. They choose their vocal intonations, subtle gestures & glances, their body language, menacing looks, speech patterns, tonality, etc, etc.

I don’t just look at how a villain ‘delivers his lines’.. but how they effectively communicate to the audience that ‘they mean business’. :yes:

What’s their approach? It is serious? Angry? Informal? Hostile? Playful? Sinister? Giddy?

Think about it.

So I put Bane ahead of Zodd because to me Tom Hardy showed better ‘range’ as an actor since he did not need to yell or scream to get his point across. :smh:

For example, in the scene when Bane killed Dagett… he COULD HAVE bitch-smacked him FIRST, or yelled at him… or put his hands around his throat, or chose a hundred OTHER different ways to intimidate him 'physically'.

But instead, he decides to let his brutality have a very subtle & nuanced approach to it. :cool:

Bane simply rests his open palm on Daggett's shoulder to let him know … IT’S OVER, BRUH. :yes:

And asks him ONE simple question: “Do you FEEL in charge?” :rolleyes:

C’mon son. :D

Actors make choices. In both their ’delivery’ and ‘body language’.

And Tom Hardy made a great acting choice, imo - to use a highly “understated” method of communication in this scene.

His 'body language' said it all. :yes:

Right down to the intense, 'evil stare' he gives Daggett during his final moments.

Zod never did anything as 'memorable' as this. :smh:

Now here, Bane makes killing his own men look sooooo ‘effortless’.

He doesn’t even look at the dude as he crushes his larynx. :smh:

Afterward, he taps the other dudes chest twice... right before putting a QUICK bullet in him. :rolleyes:

Now THAT is truly ruthless. :cool:

That gets the point across. Brilliantly.

And tells the audience, if you did not know it before this moment… “I AM BOUT THAT LIFE” :hmm:

And here Bane shows up… all ‘chest out’… ready to split Batman’s wig in HALF. :yes:

Just listen to how Bane delivers his lines during the fight scenes. The ‘way he talks’ to Batman & the inflections of his voice alternates between quite smug, to menacing, to authoritative, or he sounds just plain berserk & even condescending, at times. :dunno:

As you can see, Tom Hardy puts ALOT of ‘variation’ into these few lines of dialogue while he opens a can of whupass. :yes:

- “Let’s not stand on ceremony here…….. Mr. Wayne.”

- “Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you”

- “You fight like a younger man. With nothing held back. Admirable. But clearly mistaken.”

- “The shadows betray you.. because they belong to ME” :hmm:

Now I will agree, this was Zod’s very BEST scene in this movie. :yes:

Because it really showed-off Michael Shannon's ‘acting chops’ and made the audience sympathize with him... if only for a moment.

He showed the most ‘range’ in the delivery of this monologue, than he did in the entire movie. :yes:

At the end of the day, BOTH were really good supervillains, but I believe Bane/Tom Hardy displayed better ‘body language’ & ‘vocal variation’ as he delivered his lines.

Putting all superpowers aside… Bane did enough to be considered the bigger threat onscreen, as far as acting goes, in my book.

Just my opinion.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

well put I will agree to disagree

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I don't like the costume. Not that it's a bad look, it just doesn't say "Wonder Woman" to me.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I knew it would look something like this.Breasts covered up because she really doesnt have boobs,plus Snyder used the same costume guy
from Sucker Punch

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
Who says they messed up Superman? Also, to say he had no regard for the safety of innocent lives means the movie never happen once Zod landed. Sorry, you didn't like it! But, many people, including myself did and the numbers back it up. Guess what else? Guarantee you this will be one of the highest grossing Comic Book movies EVER!!

You and everyone else in this thread complaining WILL see it. What's that say?

numbers dont count for much
most of what sony and fox put out stinks but people keep runnin out to see them shitty x-men an spiderman movies
if DC really wanted to they could just throw whatever new boyband is hot right now in the flick an still do numbers
doesnt mean DC makes good flicks
unless u like huge plot holes, wasted characters, growly voiced quitter batman, and goofy hollywood ideas like taking source material that already perfect and changing as much as they can so they can feel like they did something
then have at it fellas

an most of us will see it cause most of us can find 2 hours out of our days where we got nothing to do
dont have much to do with the quality of the flick

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
So I put Bane ahead of Zodd because to me Tom Hardy showed better ‘range’ as an actor since he did not need to yell or scream to get his point across. :smh:

For example, in the scene when Bane killed Dagett… he COULD HAVE bitch-smacked him FIRST, or yelled at him… or put his hands around his throat, or chose a hundred OTHER different ways to intimidate him 'physically'.

But instead, he decides to let his brutality have a very subtle & nuanced approach to it. :cool:

Bane simply rests his open palm on Daggett's shoulder to let him know … IT’S OVER, BRUH. :yes:

And asks him ONE simple question: “Do you FEEL in charge?” :rolleyes:

i see your point and respect your opinion. But, Bane was doing this against people who had no power. They were strictly human with no enhancements, so of course he didnt have to yell or be aggresive to make his point. Who was going to challenge him? When Zod showed up (thru the tv) he was very calm. The whole town went into a panic after that. The only people he really yelled at, were those that were considered his equal (people from Krypton).

Hardy did a good job with Bane, but i just thought the movie was poorly done. He made a good villain though.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
You have implied that Ledger's performance had nothing to do with his Oscar win. You have implied that if someone dies during a production, they will win an Oscar.

Yet Brandon Lee died during the filming of The Crow and didn't recieve any awards.

Can you explain this?

i didnt imply any of that, i suppose you just decided thats what i meant because you refuse to see the complexity of this situation.

you can give a good performance without it being noticed at all by the Oscars.

and you can also die on set of a movie and that movie might BENEFIT from your death.

though the academy paid no attention to The Crow, its box office numbers got a bump, and now its considered a cult classic.

please stop bringing up other movies to excuse the weaknesses of the Dark Knight. speak to its merits and failings alone.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
i didnt imply any of that, i suppose you just decided thats what i meant because you refuse to see the complexity of this situation.

and you can also die on set of a movie and that movie might BENEFIT from your death.

though the academy paid no attention to The Crow, its box office numbers got a bump, and now its considered a cult classic.

please stop bringing up other movies to excuse the weaknesses of the Dark Knight. speak to its merits and failings alone.

You are all over the place.

You said there was nothing interesting at all about Heath Ledger's Joker performance. I pointed out that it recieved an Academy Award meaning those in the industry found it interesting.

You said that the Academy was a bunch of gay men that love the work of dead men. Does that not imply that you stand by your point that the performance was not interesting? And in so doing, do you not imply that the reason it got an award is because he died? If you are not implying those things then what you said was one of the most off topic statements ever.

You doubled down by saying he only got an MTV award for a gay kiss before he died and that before he died no one thought much of his work.

Is that not again implying that the performance was not interesting - as per your original argument - that he was not a good actor, and was only given the award because of the Academy's love of dead men?

You pushed your position even further by posting a quote saying that dying is the biggest factor in someone considering an artist great. Or were you just rambling off topic again?

I pointed out that Brandon Lee also died while his movie was filming and did not recieve an Oscar. So it cannot be that dying during filming is what makes the academy appreciate your performance, a point you made at least three times, but now you're saying you didn't imply it...

So I ask you. If all the statements you made about dead men's work was not meant to imply that Ledger's performance was not worthy of an Oscar but was awarded because he died during filming, please explain what exactly your point was in stating them multiple times?

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

Futher proof the "weakness" of Dark Knight

Academy Award winner for Best Supporter Actor

Academy Award best sound editing

Golden Globe Best Supporting Actor

BAFTA Best Supporting Award

CRITICS Choice Award - Best Action Film

Peoples Choice Award - Best Action Film

imdb 9/10
94% rotten tomatoes
Amazon review 4.5/5

Every principle character in Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy is either an Oscar/Golden Globe winner or nominee except for Katie Holmes (and Tom Hardy).

The only individual film to win an Academy Award for Team Marvel is Spider-Man (Visual FX). Team DC, however has wins from Batman (Art Direction), Superman (Visual FX), Road to Perdition (Cinematography), and 2 for The Dark Knight (Supporting Actor, Sound Editing).

Marvel vs DC in terms of Oscar nominations:

CBM%20awards-%20franchises%20edit.jpg

yeah, what a crappy movie. I guess you know better than all of that.

:hmm:

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
most of what sony and fox put out stinks but people keep runnin out to see them shitty x-men an spiderman movies
if DC really wanted to they could just throw whatever new boyband is hot right now in the flick an still do numbers
unless u like huge plot holes, wasted characters, growly voiced quitter batman, and goofy hollywood ideas like taking source material that already perfect and changing as much as they can so they can feel like they did something
then have at it fellas

an most of us will see it cause most of us can find 2 hours out of our days where we got nothing to do

:itsawrap:

Exactly how the fuck I feel.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

then have at it fellas

The Avengers was one huge plot hole from beginning to end so I'll just assume that you absolutely hated that movie.