First Look At Wonder Woman In Batman V Superman......What's the Verdict??????

AllState17

Star
Registered
They've been drawing her in the comics and animations since JLU with TAN or Olive-colored skin for over 10 years now.:hmm:

Oh really???

NEp3EF30Ifzfsq_1_3.jpg

infinite-crisis-guide-20050725024239930.jpg

Wonderwoman1022F2.jpg

WWSuperBatMan.jpg

She is just as white as all the other white characters. She even paler then Batman on this shot.

Even as a toy version, its plain old white WW:

STK613208.jpg

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Nolan's Joker was not the comic book Joker either, he was a terrorist anarchist without one ounce of the lethal comedic flair he had in the comics. i have no clue who that guy was. there was nothing interesting about Leger's portrayal to garner him so much acclaim. if he hadnt died i dont think it wouldve been hailed as much.

i have always been underwhelmed by the Dark Knight Rises, as a "film" and as a comic book movie. imo it was a horrible attempt to do something that wasnt necessary, trying to ground fantasy.

If you don't thing Ledger's Joker was interesting but you think Loki was, then that says a lot. I'll just leave it at that.

Like I'm trying to think of one interesting thing Loki did besides being thrown around by the Hulk.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Nolan's Joker was not the comic book Joker either, he was a terrorist anarchist without one ounce of the lethal comedic flair he had in the comics. i have no clue who that guy was. there was nothing interesting about Leger's portrayal to garner him so much acclaim. if he hadnt died i dont think it wouldve been hailed as much.

i have always been underwhelmed by the Dark Knight Rises, as a "film" and as a comic book movie. imo it was a horrible attempt to do something that wasnt necessary, trying to ground fantasy.

If you don't thing Ledger's Joker was interesting but you think Loki was, then that says a lot. I'll just leave it at that.

Like I'm trying to think of one interesting thing Loki did besides being thrown around by the Hulk.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As far as comic book movies go, I think Loki and Magneto are the 2 best villains of the Marvel universe so far.

Likewise, Nolan's Joker and Bane are the 2 best villains from DC.

All 4 of these actors definitely captured the true essence of these villains.

But I think Heath Ledger gave the very best performance out of all 4. Hands down.

Especially when you look at all his quirky mannerisms, nervous ticks, vocal inflections and maniacal traits that he incorporated into his version of the Joker.

With no superpowers at all, the Joker remains the most dangerous, intimidating & totally unpredictable villain we have seen onscreen in all the Marvel & DC films combined.

Loki is second. Followed by Magneto & Bane tied for third in my book.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

um...did i say anything about Loki?

did i say anything about The Avengers?

you see, i'm talking about Dark Knight Rises, discussing its merits and flaws, not any other movie. i can stay on point without bringing in any other movies for comparison, because that's getting off point.

you should try to do the same.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
um...did i say anything about Loki?

did i say anything about The Avengers?

you see, i'm talking about Dark Knight Rises, discussing its merits and flaws, not any other movie. i can stay on point without bringing in any other movies for comparison, because that's getting off point.

you should try to do the same.

That's funny because the Joker wasn't in Dark Knight Rises.

But seriously, this has been all hashed out before, let's agree to disagree. :yes:

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
i can ride with you on thor. but you smoking crack talking about capt america.

nah the goody two shoes all American white boy was bullshit and had no depth. super goody with no dark side. yeah ok. ultra lame

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
You sorely missed my point. But whatever. Nolan is a great director. His take on Batman is terrible. He make a great noir film.

You were comparing a character who goes from a man to a green monster. To a man in a armored costume.

Batman's costume was as far as Nolan was going into the Batman universe.

Batman could have been wearing a military uniform & accomplished everything he did in that trilogy.

Marvel Studios makes movies depicting the characters in the comics. True to source.

DC's trying to depict their characters like they are straight from Hell's Kitchen.

All wrong. But enjoy your mopey Superman. Probably a boring Wonder Woman & definitely a suicidal Batman.

his take on batman is not terrible at all. it was great. you just mad he didn't stick to the comic. he can do whatever the fuck he wants with a movie and creative vision. not following comic book aside, it was great movie WITH depth.

you're right, marvel stands by that cheesiness into the movies. marvel does a good job marketing and making movies for the 13 year old with undeveloped intelligence. if I was in middle school, I would love them all. except daredevil. oh man that was bad.

and name me a better acted villain than heath ledger as joker..ill wait

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
his take on batman is not terrible at all. it was great. you just mad he didn't stick to the comic. he can do whatever the fuck he wants with a movie and creative vision. not following comic book aside, it was great movie WITH depth.

you're right, marvel stands by that cheesiness into the movies. marvel does a good job marketing and making movies for the 13 year old with undeveloped intelligence. if I was in middle school, I would love them all. except daredevil. oh man that was bad.

and name me a better acted villain than heath ledger as joker..ill wait

Obviously you're a Nolan fan. I get that. To say Marvel movies are cheesy because they put humor in them & shoot the film during the day is just hate.

Batman is considered the "World's Greatest Detective". Where in three movies did he detect anything. He was outsmarted & outmaneuvered throughout the trilogy.

Lucius Fox was clearly smarter then him throughout. That was not Batman. He was not smart, couldn't fight, & he barely was Batman for less than a year before his body had to be magically healed.

I could sit here & poke holes into that trilogy until your head explodes. But there's no point. The internet has done that already. I'll take an enjoyable comic flick over that forced dark crap like Man of Steel any day.

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Zack Snyder makes great visuals but that Man of Steel crap was putrid. Especially after the second viewing...I expect this film to be disappointing

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
yes, we can agree that you're wrong.

i'm good with that too.

Well, most of the world and the Academy agree with me.

Not too many super hero villains win Academy Awards. So I'll take my side versus yours. I'm very good with that.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Obviously you're a Nolan fan. I get that. To say Marvel movies are cheesy because they put humor in them & shoot the film during the day is just hate.

Batman is considered the "World's Greatest Detective". Where in three movies did he detect anything. He was outsmarted & outmaneuvered throughout the trilogy.

Lucius Fox was clearly smarter then him throughout. That was not Batman. He was not smart, couldn't fight, & he barely was Batman for less than a year before his body had to be magically healed.

I could sit here & poke holes into that trilogy until your head explodes. But there's no point. The internet has done that already. I'll take an enjoyable comic flick over that forced dark crap like Man of Steel any day.

you still criticizing over it not being the comic book. put that aside and judge it as a movie.

xmen and avengers had plot holes up the ying yang too. You are nitpicking dude. Just admit you didn't like it not following the comic book, and instead it was made to be a good film. Not everybody in the world reads comic books.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
nah the goody two shoes all American white boy was bullshit and had no depth. super goody with no dark side. yeah ok. ultra lame

we can agree to disagree. but u missed the entire first half of the first cap america.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mediumdaddybuk been talking about dark knight for the longest about how batman was a "secret agent" and how he only did "arm and upper body fight moves" when doing fighting scenes.

He said how can batman go into china and extradite a high class citizen.

He said how did gamble die by "sticking a blade in his mouth" and then "not cutting him"

Listen to nothing what he says

He's a marvel fanboy.

Also Bane blows the joker out the water.

Intelligence check

Strength check

Army and militia man check

Causing anarchy check

Joker was just in makeup and doing outta control shit

Bane was always in control

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
As far as comic book movies go, I think Loki and Magneto are the 2 best villains of the Marvel universe so far.

Likewise, Nolan's Joker and Bane are the 2 best villains from DC.

All 4 of these actors definitely captured the true essence of these villains.

But I think Heath Ledger gave the very best performance out of all 4. Hands down.

Especially when you look at all his quirky mannerisms, nervous ticks, vocal inflections and maniacal traits that he incorporated into his version of the Joker.

With no superpowers at all, the Joker remains the most dangerous, intimidating & totally unpredictable villain we have seen onscreen in all the Marvel & DC films combined.

Loki is second. Followed by Magneto & Bane tied for third in my book.
Bane???

The fuck can you put Bane above Zodd? General Zodd was a great villain in Man of Steel. I almost felt sorry for dude because he was doing nothing more than carrying out the very purpose that he was born for genetically.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Well, most of the world and the Academy agree with me.

Not too many super hero villains win Academy Awards. So I'll take my side versus yours. I'm very good with that.

the academy is a bunch of effete white dudes holding a circle jerk for each other each year. their affinity for the work of dead men holds no sway with MOST people.

and i bet its hard to prove that most of the world agrees with you, hell only a small percentage of the world's population saw that movie. right?

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Mediumdaddybuk been talking about dark knight for the longest about how batman was a "secret agent" and how he only did "arm and upper body fight moves" when doing fighting scenes.

He said how can batman go into china and extradite a high class citizen.

He said how did gamble die by "sticking a blade in his mouth" and then "not cutting him"

Listen to nothing what he says

He's a marvel fanboy.

Also Bane blows the joker out the water.

Intelligence check

Strength check

Army and militia man check

Causing anarchy check

Joker was just in makeup and doing outta control shit

Bane was always in control

man i hate medium daddy buk too, name jacking sumbitch.

but whoever he is those points he made about Dark Knight are absolutely on point, so ima have to give him that. you never did address those points, did you? yeah i know, they are indefensible. Batman Begins was a great movie to me, but Dark Knight was mediocre.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
you still criticizing over it not being the comic book. put that aside and judge it as a movie.

xmen and avengers had plot holes up the ying yang too. You are nitpicking dude. Just admit you didn't like it not following the comic book, and instead it was made to be a good film. Not everybody in the world reads comic books.
So that's an excuse to deviate from the nature of the source material?

People love Marvel films because they're FUN! Just like comic books are/were FUN to read. Marvel gets that and injects that feeling onto film. DC seems to think that comic books need to be rooted into the realm of reality and have a serious, methodical nature on film. This is why they keep failing on film outside of Batman (which most diehard comic fans will enjoy, but still pick apart), but have great success with their animated films (that stick to the FUN of comic books). Nolan's Batman movies were FLAWED as Batman the character goes. This wasn't the World's Greatest Detective or The Dark Knight at all in those films. Now those fans who went to see The Avengers got exactly WTF they wanted...a comic book come to life on film. It was good FUN! DC's movie are NOT fun (notice I never said BAD). They're actually a bit fucking pretentious. Almost like they want all of their films to be on par with Watchmen. Well guess what, DC? Watchmen was accurately filmed to the comic book. How about you try that with Superman and Batman and stop trying to make every movie fucking INCEPTION.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
man i hate medium daddy buk too, name jacking sumbitch.

but whoever he is those points he made about Dark Knight are absolutely on point, so ima have to give him that. you never did address those points, did you? yeah i know, they are indefensible. Batman Begins was a great movie to me, but Dark Knight was mediocre.
That's the only one of the trilogy that I watch over and over.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
the academy is a bunch of effete white dudes holding a circle jerk for each other each year. their affinity for the work of dead men holds no sway with MOST people.

and i bet its hard to prove that most of the world agrees with you, hell only a small percentage of the world's population saw that movie. right?

Yes, but ask any of your marvel villain actors if they want one of those awards and wait for their answer.

Ledger received numerous posthumous accolades for his critically acclaimed performance in the film, including the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, a Best Actor International Award at the 2008 Australian Film Institute Awards (for which he became the first actor to win an award posthumously),[11] the 2008 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor, the 2009 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture,[12] and the 2009 BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor.[3]

I guess none of those people who make films their lives know anything. Only Buk knows.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

People love Marvel films because they're FUN! Just like comic books are/were FUN to read. Marvel gets that and injects that feeling onto film. DC seems to think that comic books need to be rooted into the realm of reality and have a serious, methodical nature on film. This is why they keep failing on film outside of Batman (which most diehard comic fans will enjoy, but still pick apart), but have great success with their animated films (that stick to the FUN of comic books). Nolan's Batman movies were FLAWED as Batman the character goes. This wasn't the World's Greatest Detective or The Dark Knight at all in those films. Now those fans who went to see The Avengers got exactly WTF they wanted...a comic book come to life on film. It was good FUN! DC's movie are NOT fun (notice I never said BAD). They're actually a bit fucking pretentious. Almost like they want all of their films to be on par with Watchmen. Well guess what, DC? Watchmen was accurately filmed to the comic book. How about you try that with Superman and Batman and stop trying to make every movie fucking INCEPTION.

You can be fun and still have some substance. The Avengers comic has WAY more substance than the movie did. There were intricate balances between the main characters. Starks alchoholism, Rogers feeling weak compared to the stronger members, Thor coming and going and not being dependable, not to mention the Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man love triangle. Hank Pym, Janet Pym and Ultron.

They were a lot more that explosions and corny jokes. Hell, there weren't many jokes at all in the Avenger's comics.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

you have no clue what constitutes a great film then and don't understand the basic process of creating a great film. theres a reason Nolan is more respected than any of those cheesy marvel directors. fun=dumbed down. the plots are terrible and the villians are trash. they are designed for 13 year olds. if that's where your intelligence is in sync, have fun at it.

pretentious? :lol: im sensing a bit of inferiority of not understanding them. you mad at Nolan cause you didn't understand inception?

Nolan's batman was the best acted out of all the superhero movies. sorry.

unless you telling me hemswoth got nominated for thor?

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Yes, but ask any of your marvel villain actors if they want one of those awards and wait for their answer.

why? this isnt THAT argument, and it holds no value on THIS one.

I guess none of those people who make films their lives know anything. Only Buk knows.

nope, Buk is just repeating what's WELL KNOWN.

"The overwhelming prerequisite for the greatness of an artist is that artist's death."

Thiessen's Law of Art

where were all dude's accolades before he died? an mtv award for best kiss and a couple of film circle awards for Brokeback Mountain? then he dies and all of a sudden everyone's impressed with him?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
So that means you think that if the actor that played Loki, or the villain in Thor2 had died during filming, they would have recieved the Academy award for their performances.

Please answer yes or no.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Also

For his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in Brokeback Mountain, Ledger won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor and Best International Actor from the Australian Film Institute, and was nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role and for the Academy Award for Best Actor. Posthumously he shared the 2007 Independent Spirit Robert Altman Award with the rest of the ensemble cast, the director, and the casting director for the film I'm Not There, which was inspired by the life and songs of American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Also

For his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in Brokeback Mountain, Ledger won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor and Best International Actor from the Australian Film Institute, and was nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role and for the Academy Award for Best Actor. Posthumously he shared the 2007 Independent Spirit Robert Altman Award with the rest of the ensemble cast, the director, and the casting director for the film I'm Not There, which was inspired by the life and songs of American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan.