Dr. Frances Cress Welsing Dead at 80 - RIP

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I honor this beautiful woman's life by keeping the torch lit that she has passed down to all that would hear and embrace her words of wisdom!

R.I.P. our Honorable Beautiful Sister.

eaa6e40e7bebae46d980ffc3f460d768.jpg

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For those of us who attended Tuskegee University in the late 80s/90s, we surely know the works and teachings of Dr. Welsing. She was an accomplished woman, who, quite simply, never got her "genius props" in mainstream society because of the principles she believed and unearthed. I'm certain she is fine with that. RIP.

You are correct these scholars basically sacrifice accolades and stand on principle. People like Dr Welsing, Dr Amos Wilson, Dr Bobby E Wright, and Dr Jacob Carruthers were all genius but because of the love they had for their people and standing on truth many don't know who they are. There white counter parts who are products of a system are heaped with praised and money. They were in a sense whited out by the white media and even black folks to afraid to touch them.

RIP Dr Frances Cress Welsing. I learned so much from the Isis Papers and your many interviews. I am glad your popularity picked up in recent years. You definitely helped me gain the confidence in myself to stand strong no matter who I am around.

I thank You for that and may the ancestors welcome You with open arms

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lets RELIVE the LEGEND AT WORK..

Remember this cac william shockly aint no joke he was the number one

cac intellectual a noted physicist if not THE physicist of his era

and there would be no silcon valley if it wasnt

for him but he was NO match for our Queen ...

our Legend and Icon Sister she sliced and diced him and did it so eloquently in

her mighty natural.....

LONG LIVE THIS GODDESS we KNOW AND LOVE

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lets RELIVE the LEGEND AT WORK..

Remember this cac william shockly aint no joke he was the number one

cac intellectual a noted physicist if not THE physicist of his era

and there would be no silcon valley if it wasnt

for him but he was NO match for our Queen ...

our Legend and Icon Sister she sliced and diced him and did it so eloquently in

her mighty natural.....

LONG LIVE THIS GODDESS we KNOW AND LOVE

This debate is a CLASSIC trust me, if you havent seen it..

you do NOT wanna miss this!!!

Fred G.

Star
Registered
May she R.I.P. She is a true genius of our generation. There won't be another like her for many years.

Fred G.

Star
Registered
I can believe ya'll falling for that troll's bait in a Frances Cress Welsing thread. It needs to be ignored. That dyke has no respect for Dr. Welsing.

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was fortunate enough to meet her back in the 90's
when I was a teen. Her lectures and books were powerful.
R I P to one of our best intellectuals.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can believe ya'll falling for that troll's bait in a Frances Cress Welsing thread. It needs to be ignored. That dyke has no respect for Dr. Welsing.
Its a whole lot of fags and carpet munchers on social media doing the same shit. Sickening.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_a_Black_Planet

Fear of a Black Planet is the third studio album by American hip hop group Public Enemy, released on April 10, 1990, by Def Jam Recordings and Columbia Records. It was produced by the group's production team The Bomb Squad, who sought to expand on the dense, sample-layered sound of Public Enemy's previous album, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (1988). Having fulfilled their initial creative ambitions with that album, Public Enemy pursued a different direction and aspired to create what lead MC Chuck D specified as "a deep, complex album". Their songwriting was partly inspired by the controversy with member Professor Griff and his dismissal from the group in 1989.

Fear of a Black Planet features elaborate sound collages that incorporate varying rhythms, numerous samples, media sound bites, and eccentric music loops, and reflect the content's confrontational tone. Conceived during the golden age of hip hop, its assemblage of reconfigured and recontextualized aural sources preceded the sample clearance system that later emerged in the music industry. Fear of a Black Planet contains themes concerning organization and empowerment within the African-American community, while presenting criticism of social issues affecting African Americans at the time of the album's conception. Its criticism of institutional racism and White supremacy were inspired by Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's views on color.

In the first week Fear of a Black Planet was released, it sold one million copies in the United States, where it charted at number 10 on the Billboard Top Pop Albums. Critics praised the record for its sonic quality, societal themes, and Chuck D's lyrics, naming it one of the best albums of 1990. It has since been viewed as one of hip hop's greatest and most important records, as well as being musically and culturally significant. In 2003, it was ranked number 300 on Rolling Stone 's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, and in 2005, the Library of Congress added it to the National Recording Registry.

tusk91

Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
For those of us who attended Tuskegee University in the late 80s/90s, we surely know the works and teachings of Dr. Welsing. She was an accomplished woman, who, quite simply, never got her "genius props" in mainstream society because of the principles she believed and unearthed. I'm certain she is fine with that. RIP.

That is exactly where and when I learned all about her myself...

Tuskegee
C/O 1991

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was blown away when I read her book years ago. I must have 3 copies .I wish I had the opportunity to have seen her lectures in person !!!! RIP.

There is a scene in Eddie Murphy's movie *Boomerang* where Eddie,Martin and David Grier are playing billiards and a question was asked why is it that the game of Pool ends when the White Ball sinks the Black (Eight Ball) one? That scene had me reminded me of a chapter in her book !!!

Rest in Peace !!!!

Last edited:

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
What a loss a true pioneer in black psychiatry. She had so much courage, to confront white America openly with the grace and poise she displayed was impressive. A warrior of black intellect... she will be missed

I hope her works and theories aren't lost to time.....

10363662_10154258757570145_6371900738428928123_n.jpg

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Why don't you start a new thread on that and leave this one for folks to come and pay respect to the sista

If you want to say rip to the sista...Nothing i post should stop you. There's a thousand damn threads on here where someone says something and they're attacked. And no new thread is made. What i said didn't need a new thread. It was a point about what the woman was about and yet here you guys are being hypocritical pieces of dung. She was a pro woman. Pro black woman. Pro black community Pro black family. Yet they half read 1 book...don't take everything she said in the book to heart and shit on the very thing she said to do...daily. I said what i had to say. Let the tears flow.

If this doesn't apply to you man...don't take up for the pieces of shit i'm speaking of.