DCs Legends of Tomorrow

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Zari is annoying with constantly trying to tamper with the timestream. How many gatdamn times do they have to emphasize to her to stop fucking with history :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Damn is Nate about to leave..

@fonzerrillii

I just can't criticize this show...

Its completely it's own unique thing.

Like u said,

Xena and Hercules is about as close as you can get...but still.

When they stay true to whatever the hell it is they got, it's just a fun sci fi comic book rollercoaster ride

This episode made no sense had no right to be this fun and actually had a completely ridiculously reasonable by legends logic way to bring that character back.

Bravo

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Legends of Tomorrow stars say Maisie Richardson-Sellers' new role 'messes everybody up'

Current Time 0:39
/
Duration 6:36
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

YOU MIGHT LIKE
REGINA KING WOULD LOVE TO RETURN FOR A THIRD INSTALLMENT OF 'LEGALLY BLONDE'
FALL TV

DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Show Details
TYPE

TV Show
GENRE

Superhero
NETWORK

The CW
3e01c569b1a2f915fee2b91af28de8a8

CHANCELLOR AGARD
November 02, 2018 at 12:00 PM EDT
The titular heroes time travelers of Legends of Tomorrow are about to encounter a familiar face.

In Monday’s episode, “Dancing Queen,” the Legends travel to ’70s punk rock London, where they meet Maisie Richardson-Sellers’ new character, Charlie, a magical fugitive who obviously looks like their former teammate Amaya. But if there’s one thing you should know, it’s that Charlie definitely isn’t Amaya.

“Everything Amaya is, Charlie is the opposite, so they would never get along,” Richardson-Sellers tells EW. “She’s snarky, she’s cheesy, she’s a bit of rebel, she’s a massive troublemaker, and she’s just out for herself. She doesn’t care about any collective or greater good, so she really shakes up the energy on the ship, and everyone’s a bit confused by her.”

Dean Buscher/The CW
Needless to say, Charlie throws the Legends for a bit of a loop because she’s so different from Amaya, who returned to her timeline last season.

“It messes everybody up. It’s definitely weird, because it’s not Amaya at all. It looks like her, but it’s not like Amaya from Earth-X or something like that,” says Caity Lotz, who plays Sara Lance. “Everybody has a little bit of a different reaction. She kind of sheds some light on some stuff that the team, just being in the thick of it, hasn’t realized. So she’s shedding a new light on things that makes them think a little differently. I think for Sara, it’s the same with like [her sister’s Earth-2 doppelgänger] where you’re like, ‘You’re not my sister. You’re not Amaya.’ It’s hard and it’s confusing.”

Of course, Nate (Nick Zano) will have the hardest time dealing with Charlie, since he and Amaya were a couple. “At first, [Nate and Charlie’s relationship] is quite confrontational because she feels like she doesn’t owe Nate anything, and Nate is just furious. Then slowly as the season develops, they begin to find common ground,” says Richardson-Sellers. “It’s hard for Nate. I think she’s a constant reminder of everything that he’s lost and of his old life, so it definitely affects him on a deeper level. I’m interested to see how that pans out at the end of the season.”

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Don’t worry, though, the show won’t drag out the mystery of why Charlie looks like Amaya until the end of the season. “That mystery we answer pretty quickly,” says executive producer Phil Klemmer. “The mystery of who she is beyond her appearance, though, will be something we’ll be exploring for the rest of the season.”

Legends of Tomorrow airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on the CW.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
CW announces midseason schedule, Roswell, New Mexico premiere date

Current Time 0:01
/
Duration 0:39

YOU MIGHT LIKE
VIOLA DAVIS ON HOW THE WOMEN OF 'WIDOWS' "RISE LIKE A PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES"
Get the Latest on TV, Movies, Music and More.
A Daily Digest of News That Matters. Delivered Straight to Your Inbox.
5d549a7bf8665c5848d618ea9de89521

SAMANTHA HIGHFILL
November 12, 2018 at 01:28 PM EST
The CW has released its midseason schedule, which features the 2019 return of a number of the network’s staple shows and the premiere date for the Roswellreboot.

Ursula Coyote/The CW
Roswell, New Mexico will arrive Jan. 15, while Black Lightning will move to Mondays after Arrow starting on Jan. 21, meaning that DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will return to Mondays in April once Black Lightning wraps its second season. Also coming in the spring is the new series In The Dark, set to debut on Thursdays after Legacies wraps, and Jane the Virgin, which will launch its final season on Wednesdays once All American finishes its 16 episodes.

iZombie and The 100 are also slated to premiere in the spring, though exact dates have not yet been released.

See below for the full schedule:

FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, 2019

9:00-10:00pm CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Midseason Return)

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2019

8:00-9:00pm THE FLASH (Midseason Return)

9:00-10:00pm ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO (Series Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2019

8:00-9:00pm RIVERDALE (Midseason Return)

9:00-10:00pm ALL AMERICAN (Midseason Return)

THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2019

8:00-9:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Midseason Return)

9:00-10:00pm ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO (Encore of Premiere)

FRIDAY, JANUARY 18, 2019

8:00-9:00pm DYNASTY (Midseason Return)

9:00-10:00pm CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Original Episode)

SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2019

8:00-9:00pm SUPERGIRL (Midseason Return)

9:00-10:00pm CHARMED (Midseason Return)

MONDAY, JANUARY 21, 2019

8:00-9:00pm ARROW (Midseason Return)

9:00-10:00pm BLACK LIGHTNING (New Time Period Premiere)

THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, 2019

8:00-9:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Original Episode)

9:00-10:00pm LEGACIES (Midseason Return)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrowverse stars reveal details about the Trinity-centric 'Elseworlds' crossover

Current Time 0:43
/
Duration 1:47

YOU MIGHT LIKE
THE 2018 CMA AWARDS BY THE NUMBERS

November 15, 2018 at 07:29 PM EST
Yes, this year’s Arrowverse crossover, “Elseworlds,” will introduce Batwoman(played by Ruby Rose). Yes, it will also include other iconic DC Comics characters like Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) and Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch), and John Wesley Shipp in a Flash costume. But at the end of the day, the crossover is primarily a topsy-turvy ode to the universe’s main trio: Supergirl (Melissa Benoist), the Flash (Grant Gustin), and Green Arrow (Stephen Amell).

And now we can finally reveal what the hell brings the Trinity together!

Jack Rowand/The CW
The three-night event begins with Arkham Asylum doc John Deegan (Lost’s Jeremy Davies) rewriting reality, which results in Oliver (Amell) and Barry (Gustin) swapping lives. In this new reality, Oliver Queen looks like Gustin and Barry Allen looks like Amell, and the two heroes are the only ones who know they’re in the wrong lives and have each other’s powers. This not only explains what’s going on in the recent promos, but also why the actors have swapped costumes.

“You’re not going to see me playing Oliver Queen’s mannerisms, or Stephen playing Barry’s mannerisms. It’s more being aware that for some reason we’ve switched lives and destinies. It’s more the fun of the situational comedy that we keep finding ourselves in, and less us having a complete role reversal,” Gustin tells EW. “We get to see Stephen do some of the more goofy speed stuff I have to do on a regular basis, and I get some actual combat as Green Arrow. So, we just see different colors for each of us.”

“Having superpowers is crazy! Wearing the Flash suit is crazy!” says Amell, who, like everyone else involved, sounds genuinely thrilled about the crossover’s story. “The idea is that in order to be the best version of Barry Allen, which I have to be because we face a threat, there are elements of his personality I have to embrace, and there are elements of my personality that he has to embrace.”

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
The swap is also one of the reasons reason “Elseworlds” is funnier than previous crossovers.

“My initial reaction in reading the scripts this year was that it would be a hoot to film. The comedy just lives in this. Even just seeing them in each other’s suits is funny; they’re literally putting themselves in each other’s shoes!” says Benoist, whose character, Kara/ Supergirl, gets pulled in because she’s the only one who can see Barry and Oliver for who they really are (the perks of being from another Earth?). “She inevitably becomes kind of a middleman because ultimately there’s conflict between the two and they start butting heads.”

Adds Supergirl co-showrunner Robert Rovner, “She’s trying to help them navigate what they’re going through and support them and kind of battle their way back to being who they’re supposed to be.”

That dynamic is on full display in a banter-filled scene EW observed in October, in which the three heroes find themselves locked up in Gotham City (as superheroes are wont to do), and it falls on Kara to referee an argument between the two men. Watching the three leads bounce of each other is a thrill, mostly because we rarely get low-stakes scenes like this that are just about Kara, Oliver, and Barry’s dynamic. (We’ve definitely gotten some Oliver-Barry moments like this.)

“The most fun aspect about really focusing on the leads is we really had a chance to tell a story about the troika that we’ve never really been able to do before,” says Arrow consulting producer Marc Guggenheim, who oversaw the crossover. “When you have Legends of Tomorrow part of it, and all of the other secondary and supporting characters, the amount of time we had Grant and Stephen and Melissa on screen together was actually pretty minimal in other crossovers compared to this year.”

Robert Falconer/The CW
The Arrowverse bosses decided not to include Legends of Tomorrow in “Elseworlds” because last year’s Nazi-filled four-part extravaganza, “Crisis on Earth-X,” was ambitious but also extremely difficult, as they had to juggle, well, everyone. “It’s very hard on the crew, it’s very hard on the cast, and we wanted this year to just be a little easier. That’s why we focused on crossing over mainly the leads of the shows and not including a fourth hour,” says Guggenheim. “The hard thing about crossing over with Legends is, because that’s an ensemble show, you’re crossing over with the entire cast. That said, there is a Legends cameo in hour 3.”

Furthermore, whereas “Crisis” felt like a four-hour movie, “Elseworlds” returns to the episodic format of the earlier crossovers. “I think this year, it feels a lot more like individual [episodes],” says The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing. “Flash kind of feels like a Flash episode, Arrow feels like an Arrow episode, Supergirl feels like a Supergirl episode.”

Adds Rovner, “It’s like a three chapters of one story, but they’re all kind of unique to their own show.”

Even though it’s relatively smaller, the writers and cast promise it’ll be just as satisfying. Says Gustin, “It feels like it’s going to be our strongest crossover, our funniest crossover. I don’t know what fans are excited for, but I’m excited just to see Superman, Flash, Supergirl, Green Arrow, and Batwoman all on screen togehter. It’s pretty amazing.”

“Elseworlds” begins Sunday, Dec. 9, with The Flash at 8 p.m. ET; continues Monday, Dec. 10, at 8 p.m. ET with Arrow; and concludes the following night at 8 p.m. ET with Supergirl.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
ITs a shockingly great show and right Now it’s my favorite arrowverse show. Once they took out the Nate and Amaya romance ... it can now focus on what’s good

And maybe they can finally have my boy Mick get some action. He is the only that hasn’t gotten a girl.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Going to watch legends before I fire up Arrow... those last two episodes were fucking good.

They just have a niche man...

And I’m a sucker for Kaju shit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Going to watch legends before I fire up Arrow... those last two episodes were fucking good.

They just have a niche man...

And I’m a sucker for Kaju shit

This show...

Yeah it could be better nothing perfect

And making your own rules doesn't protect you from criticism

In fact it actually makes your margin error smaller

Cause it is the son of Hercules and xena

But damn

Its almost critic proof

Its not my favorite but at LEAST TWICE per episode

I legit smile or laugh out loud.

This show is insane and honestly it has NOT reached its peak.

But for me...the moment it DEFINED ITSELF

and established its own unique identity in the arrow verse is NOT voltron...

It was return of the mack

It was the first time @fonzerrillii directly contacted me in the thread and was like wtf...

And even THAT wasn't the REAL moment

It was the record dj scratch during that scene

Shout to the man Darhk...in a way the spirit animal of this show

It was like they stopped trying to be what everybody expected

And said this what we are!

Love it or hate it.

I don't love it or hate

But i watch it each week

Happy as hell.

And honestly i think ALL the other shows followed their lead

Black Lightning best show overall right now.

Flash most consistently hits the mark

Arrow is the OG and when they are on? They can be incredible

But Legends man...

Its just insane and real dc comic fans know its actually really loyal to the comics of a particular era especially JLI.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Oh shit Swamp thing exists in this universe. ITs official.

Don't be surprised if he pops up on DC's Streaming Service "SWAMP THING".
That's probably as close as we will get to a true "HELLBLAZER" for now.

I doubt it since none of the streaming service's shows are connected to the Arrowverse it seems(Titans,ST and Doom Patrol)

Next year's crossover they should just go ahead and go all in..intro Batman and Wonder Woman into the Arrowverse and call it "JUSTICE RISING" or something

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
This show sure fell off, I feel bad for Constantine. I liked his series and now he is stuck with this lesbian propaganda show.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Did Former Superman Brandon Routh Just Pay Homage to Henry Cavill's Mustache on 'Legends of Tomorrow?'

By RUSS BURLINGAME - December 3, 2018

• Legends of Tomorrow have added a "Superman's mustache" joke into tonight's episode just for the heck of it?

It seems possible -- if only because otherwise, the decision to give Ray Palmer (played by Superman Returns star Brandon Routh) a mustache this week seems...pretty random.

The first time Ray appears on camera in the episode, he is covering his face with a piece of paper. Eventually, he drops the paper to speak and a Burt Reynolds/My Name is Earl-style mustache covers his upper lip, surprising everyone. He admits that he did it because he heard that Nora Darhk likes men with mustaches, and that he had asked Gideo (the ship's AI) to stimulate his hair follicles to grow it more quickly.

When they head back in time, he goes out on a mission wearing the facial hair, but when he returns to the Waverider, he apparently decides to shave it.

Unfortunately for Ray, there is a chronal storm caused by damage Constantine and Charlie have done to the timeline, and only half of the mustache is gone when we last see him.

Having the former Superman star abruptly and without any particularly compelling onscreen reason suddenly appear with a mustache, to badly hide it and then eventually attempt to remove it but not quite succeed -- well, if these are not intentional jokes at the expense of the Justice League movie, the story is almost better if they were.

For those who might have forgotten, Henry Cavill grew a mustache for Mission: Impossible - Fallout last year and, when Justice League had to go in for reshoots during production on that film, he was contractually forbidden from shaving it. Warner Bros. was ultimately forced to digitally remove the mustache -- a process that was costly and yielded unimpressive results, turning Cavill's potentially-final outing as the Man of Steel into fodder for an endless number of internet jokes.

2COMMENTS
    In any event, Routh will go into the show's midseason finale -- next week's "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" -- with one half of a mustache on his face, suspended in midair. That is...quite a position to hold for the next seven days.