DC First Look: Titans aka Teen Titans

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
No. No. No. :stormcloud:
This is so NOT good... :smh:
Apparently the motherfucking "Powers That Be" at DC/Warner Bros. haven't learned a goddamn thing from their failures at the box office. :hithead:
This "darker" take on the DCEU is not always the direction they need to take with their heroes.
- Robin shooting people...?
- "Fuck Batman"...?
- Shitty FX's.

Their one great shining success is largely due to having a director who understands that it's best if you stay in line with how the character is SUPPOSED to be portrayed from the comics:
wonder-woman-5932632f6f834.jpg

And even their CW universe adheres to the ideals of their comic book counterparts. (More or less)
3e9a1a91d38d128784ad875d254f2a8e.jpg

Oh, well.
We'll just have to wait & see, I suppose... o_O

The problem with you guys is that you ONLY want to see ONE vision for these shows (light hearted bullshit), where they make corny jokes between scenes, continue sappy PG rated romances, have cops shuffle paperwork in the back ground and later show up to flip their cars. The shit gets old.

Comics show variations of these stories in alternate realities, alternate story lines, retconned whole universes every few years, YET and STILL you only want one vision on display - light hearted bullshit.

Last edited:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with you guys is that you ONLY want to see ONE vision for these shows (light hearted bullshit), where they make corny jokes between scenes, continue sappy PG rated romances, have cops shuffle paperwork in the back ground and later show up to flip their cars. The shit gets old.

Comics show variations of these stories in alternate realities, alternate story lines, retconned whole universes every few years, YET and STILL you only want one vision on display - light hearted bullshit.

The problem with your assessment Dray, is that you believe I only want one view of the DCEU.
Not true...:smh:
We've had this discussion before. And it has nothing to do with me wanting " (light hearted bullshit), where they make corny jokes between scenes, continue sappy PG rated romances, have cops shuffle paperwork in the back ground and later show up to flip their cars". I can very easily accept a "dark, violent, depressing comic book property that is well done and edgy as long as it adheres to who & what the main character is SUPPOSED to be in the comics without fundamentally changing them. For example, I absolutely LOVED:
logan-film.jpg
Captain_America_The_Winter_Soldier.jpg
6721_4935.jpg
Deadpool_poster.jpg
55fe9ab318d3148c1fac7def0430c14b.jpg
blade-movie-poster-1998-1010228415.jpg
s-l300.jpg
Avengers-Infinity-War-1-Movie-Poster-Canvas-Picture.jpg
024543980216_2771557.jpg
th
watchmen-557856d562232.jpg

Why?
Because they stayed true to and portrayed the characters how they're SUPPOSED to be portrayed.
All of the above listed comic book movies have a dark, semi-violent (or in some cases ULTRA violent) tone and story. They all blended their dark theme with a great story, lots of action, humor and above all, they STAYED TRUE TO WHO & WHAT THE CHARACTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE...

(In spite of the movie's dark theme).:D:D:D
And if you noticed; they were all exceptionally well received by fans and critics alike. And were all BIG box office successes... :yes::yes::yes:

Last edited:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Im blown away by the reviews of this trailer....people are all upset and shit????

This looks good to me.

The problem with your assessment Dray, is that you believe I only want one view of the DCEU.
Not true...:smh:
We've had this discussion before. And it has nothing to do with me wanting " (light hearted bullshit), where they make corny jokes between scenes, continue sappy PG rated romances, have cops shuffle paperwork in the back ground and later show up to flip their cars". I very can easily accept a "dark, violent, depressing comic book property that is well done and edgy as long as it adheres to who & what the main character is SUPPOSED to be in the comics without fundamentally changing them. For example, I absolutely LOVED:
logan-film.jpg
Captain_America_The_Winter_Soldier.jpg
6721_4935.jpg
Deadpool_poster.jpg
55fe9ab318d3148c1fac7def0430c14b.jpg
blade-movie-poster-1998-1010228415.jpg
s-l300.jpg
Avengers-Infinity-War-1-Movie-Poster-Canvas-Picture.jpg
024543980216_2771557.jpg
th
watchmen-557856d562232.jpg

Why?
Because they stayed true to and portrayed the characters how they're SUPPOSED to be portrayed.
All of the above listed comic book movies have a dark, semi-violent (or in some cases ULTRA violent) tone and story. They all blended their dark theme with a great story, lots of action, humor and above all, they STAYED TRUE TO WHO & WHAT THE CHARACTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE...

(In spite of the movie's dark theme).:D:D:D
And if you noticed; they were all exceptionally well received by fans and critics alike. And were all BIG box office successes... :yes::yes::yes:

"Adhere"... means stick to the script. I'm for "changing/evolving" the characters...one if my favorite comics as a kid where "Marvel's What If?".... I collectedcdamn near all of them. And I always like alternative looks to these characters.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Geoff Johns Explains The "F*** Batman" Line From Titans Trailer
Titans-TV-Show-Brenton-Thwaites-as-Robin-With-SR-Comic-Con-Logo.jpg

The trailer for DC Universe's Titans series has caused quite a stir, particularly concerning one line that Dick Grayson, aka Robin, utters about his former mentor, Batman. There were rumors before the series' trailer debuted that Titans would be a mature TV show, including lots of profanity.

The first trailer confirmed that rumor with brutal, bloody fight scenes involving Robin, an overall dark aesthetic, and, of course, a now infamous line concerning Batman. However, while the trailer for Titans does represent part of the series, it isn't the whole picture. At least, that's what Geoff Johns is claiming.

Related: Donna Troy & Jason Todd Confirmed For DC's Titans TV Show

In an interview with Polygon, Johns was asked directly about the "F**k Batman" line. The expletive heard round the comic book fan world isn't just made to enrage people, Johns explained. There's a method to the potty mouth madness. The writer/producer said:

"The trailer shows a piece of the tone of the show — the show’s not all that. But it does make you go, ‘Why is he saying [F**k Batman?]’ If you look at when Robin first left Batman in the comics, there was a lot of uneasiness and him being lost. Titans is really a series about these different characters that are all lost in their lives; just like the greatest comic book Titans run ever, by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, it’s about all these lost characters find one another. And they’re all struggling with something, and Robin is clearly struggling with his past with Batman."

As an executive producer for Titans, Johns obviously has a vested interest in the series and its success. It's only natural that he'd want to assuage doubts and fears with the project by explaining Robin's profanity-ladden disdain for Batman. However, the famous Teen Titans comic run by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, which Johns refers to, never had Dick Grayson use language as harsh as the type found in the trailer. Yet, when it comes to everything else, Johns is correct. As a group, the Teen Titans are all about breaking away from their famous mentors. Robin's journey among the Teen Titans is about him stepping away from Robin and becoming Nightwing. So, Robin having harsh words for the Dark Knight isn't too far-fetched.

However, the issue isn't that Robin is against Batman; it's that the trailer for Titans is so unrelentingly dark and grim. The trailer for Titans makes the series seem rather joyless. It doubles, even triples, down on elements that made the early DCEU entries unpopular with critics. Of course, it's also important to keep in mind that the trailer for Titans is just that, a trailer. The final product could be radically different in tone and plot than what's suggested by that first look.

There's even a very compelling theory that Dick Grayson's harshest actions, including the profanity and the seeming murder that accompanies it, is just a dream sequence. It's a manifestation of Robin's worst fears of what he could become, not an accurate portrayal of his character in the series. This theory would fit within Johns' explanation that there's more to the line than people realize and it's emblematic of Robin feeling lost. Ultimately, Titans shouldn't be judged on one line or even one trailer. Some skepticism is healthy. For now, though, it's safer to assume that Johns isn't obscuring the facts at all. While there might be elements of Titans that are in line with the "F**k Batman" line and all that entails, that one line doesn't define the entire series.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Adhere"... means stick to the script. I'm for "changing/evolving" the characters...one if my favorite comics as a kid where "Marvel's What If?".... I collectedcdamn near all of them. And I always like alternative looks to these characters.

Yes.
Adhere does mean stick to the script.
And that's my whole point. By sticking to the script; and by making some slight changes, Marvel has had (and continues to have) as series of ultra successful films under their belt.
And when the DCEU also sticks to that very same script & basic formula, they too end up having mega success as well:
z8uD1KXF63lpy8TT2A4kOVh9HScO5y5qfV9igmoH-z6INSEwULLqfZsMubFB8Mg9zPU=w300
%7BB36BA1C3-FBCB-4B06-A43C-F995BAA78BD2%7DImg400.jpg

:yes::yes::yes:
I too; used to collect Marvel's "What If" series as a kid/teen and I loved many of them.
Some of my personal favorites:
WhatIf1.jpg
portrait_incredible.jpg
marvel-comics-what-if-issue-18.jpg
54747.jpg
wif31.jpg

:D
But as you know; Marvel established early on, that these were ALTERNATE REALITY versions of those characters from different earths... :cool:
I'd have NO PROBLEM with accepting a darker violent alternate version of major mainstream comic book characters in movies, just as long as they establish it beforehand and not just by virtue of it being a darker toned, violent movie :dunno:

Last edited:

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
I've got a screening ticket for this movie tomorrow/Saturday morning at 11am. Was planning on using the free entry to go see Equalizer II at 10:30am. I'm definitely gonna see Denzel, but now am wondering if I should do a double feature and catch E2 at 1:00pm.

Don't hate comics books but was never a big follower and never heard of TT before. My only cost will be the extra two hours and $4 (vs free) for overtime parking. I originally wasn't going because this movie just seems a little too "young"... but what does BGOL think? :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Robin-in-Titans-TV-Show-Close-Up.jpg

Titans: Robin is 'More Violent Than People Are Used To'
ADVERTISING

According to executive producer Geoff Johns, Robin will be a lot more violent in Titans than usually depicted. First debuting in 1940, Dick Grayson was part of a family of circus acrobats. After his parents are murdered by a crime boss, Grayson is taken in by Bruce Wayne and trained to become Batman's first official sidekick. The character has been adapted numerous times across various mediums. Most prominently, he was brought to life via Burt Ward in the campy 1960's television version, which has since received its own Titans-esque mash-up. He was later adapted for the big screen by Chris O'Donnell for Batman Forever and the much-maligned Batman & Robin, before being alluded to via Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.

He will next be seen DC Universe's Titans, played by Brenton Thwaites as he attempts to distance himself from Batman and a life of vigilantism, as evidenced by the now infamous "F-ck Batman" line. Working as a detective in Detroit, Grayson will find himself drawn back into the life, however, when he encounters Rachel, aka. Raven. They will also be joined by Starfire and Beast Boy, forming a line-up of Titans as they battle the malevolent forces pursuing them.

Related: Titans TV Show Fixes An Age Old Superhero Costume Problem

Despite the fact that Grayson will still be seen in the costume, Titans will pick up with the character adrift. Struggling with his inner darkness, the show will depict the character's first tentative steps away from Robin and towards the more emotionally balanced Nightwing. Speaking to EW, Johns revealed that this incarnation of Robin is definitely not one people will be used to:

ADVERTISING
“It’s definitely a Dick Grayson that’s more violent than people are used to. It’s definitely a Dick Grayson that is struggling more than I think people are used to.”

Audiences already caught a glimpse of the violence in the first Titans trailer, wherein Grayson took down a gang of thugs with the utmost skull-crushing brutality. According to Thwaites, this struggle will be equally emphasized in Grayson's interactions with Jason Todd, who Batman has chosen as the new Robin. Whether that means the action will return to Gotham or Batman will merely send his new protege to monitor the original remains to be seen. Their relationship, however, will clearly be antagonistic in nature, as Todd's carefree and brash nature will no doubt rub up against the more anguished and embittered Grayson.

ADVERTISING
The concept of characters finding themselves and dealing with their issues through violence is hardly a new one, especially in comics. Although it'll no doubt draw criticism that they are simply making the character into Batman while trying to avoid oversaturating the name and brand of Batman, similar to what is often leveled at Arrow. To see such as Dick Grayson go through such an arc, though, feels both fresh and yet true to the character. After all, a common theme of the world of Batman has always been how much darkness can a person surround themselves with before they, too, succumb to it.

Having both Todd and Grayson active as Robin at the same time, however, is wildly divergent from the comics, which had Grayson already acting as Nightwing by the time Todd entered the scene. Regardless, the juxtaposition of the two characters is an idea that could produce a wealth of dramatic and action-packed material. Not to mention the fact it could lead to plenty of nods and references to please hardcore fans of the comics, especially regarding Todd's own dark future. Whether this means the action will ultimately return to Gotham or the Caped Crusader merely sends his new protege to monitor the original remains to be seen. Still, it's quite a novel way of having Batman loom as much over the series as he does over Gotham and Dick Grayson, thus offsetting some of the aforementioned issues, all without actually having him (for the time being) appear.

ADVERTISING

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hate these dark ass movies they put out. I dont know ish about comics so dont know if that's how its suppose to be but seems like ever since the success with the dark knight, these niccas cant leave dark movies alone.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Hate these dark ass movies they put out. I dont know ish about comics so dont know if that's how its suppose to be but seems like ever since the success with the dark knight, these niccas cant leave dark movies alone.

There been comic book movies before the Dark Knight. Tim Burton' version of Batman and Blade......Hell,we need more comic book movies because the majority of them are family friendly.

Even,though I want more comic book movies being dark,if the movie or TV are great I don't care.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
If you live outside the US.. You can watch this shit on on Netflix without paying for DC universe.

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Already renewed for Season 2.

https://tvline.com/2018/10/03/titans-renewed-season-2-watch-premiere-trailer/

DC Universe is showing faith in Titans, renewing the live-action series for a second season ahead of its Oct. 12 premiere on the streaming service. The announcement was made Wednesday during the show’s world premiere panel at New York Comic-Con.

Based on the iconic DC Comics characters, Titans stars Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) as Dick Grayson/Robin, Anna Diop (24: Legacy) as Kory/Starfire, Teagan Croft as Rachel Roth/Raven and Ryan Potter (Big Hero 6: The Series) as Gar Logan/Beast Boy. The ensemble cast also includes Alan Ritchson (Blue Mountain State) as Hank Hall/Hawk, Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights) as Dawn Granger/Dove, Lindsey Gort (Impastor) as Detective Amy Rohrbach and Bruno Bichir (Narcos) as Niles Caulder/Chief.

News of Titans’ renewal comes on the heels of several other major DC Universe announcements: Matt Bomer (White Collar) will provide the voice of Doom Patrol‘s Negative Man and will appear as the superhero’s alternate persona, Larry Trainor, in flashbacks; in present-day scenes, Negative Man will be physically portrayed by Matthew Zuk.

Additionally, Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory) will star in and executive-produce the streaming service’s animated Harley Quinn series. Other voices in Harley Quinn include Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory), Lake Bell (Children’s Hospital), Ron Funches (Undateable), JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Wanda Sykes (black-ish), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Natalie Morales (Parks and Recreation), Jim Rash (Community), Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show), Tony Hale (Arrested Development) and Chris Meloni (Happy!).

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Already renewed for Season 2.

https://tvline.com/2018/10/03/titans-renewed-season-2-watch-premiere-trailer/

DC Universe is showing faith in Titans, renewing the live-action series for a second season ahead of its Oct. 12 premiere on the streaming service. The announcement was made Wednesday during the show’s world premiere panel at New York Comic-Con.

Based on the iconic DC Comics characters, Titans stars Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) as Dick Grayson/Robin, Anna Diop (24: Legacy) as Kory/Starfire, Teagan Croft as Rachel Roth/Raven and Ryan Potter (Big Hero 6: The Series) as Gar Logan/Beast Boy. The ensemble cast also includes Alan Ritchson (Blue Mountain State) as Hank Hall/Hawk, Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights) as Dawn Granger/Dove, Lindsey Gort (Impastor) as Detective Amy Rohrbach and Bruno Bichir (Narcos) as Niles Caulder/Chief.

News of Titans’ renewal comes on the heels of several other major DC Universe announcements: Matt Bomer (White Collar) will provide the voice of Doom Patrol‘s Negative Man and will appear as the superhero’s alternate persona, Larry Trainor, in flashbacks; in present-day scenes, Negative Man will be physically portrayed by Matthew Zuk.

Additionally, Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory) will star in and executive-produce the streaming service’s animated Harley Quinn series. Other voices in Harley Quinn include Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory), Lake Bell (Children’s Hospital), Ron Funches (Undateable), JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Wanda Sykes (black-ish), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Natalie Morales (Parks and Recreation), Jim Rash (Community), Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show), Tony Hale (Arrested Development) and Chris Meloni (Happy!).
do y'all remember how and why DC green lit Justice League ahead of the BvS premiere?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Titans: Starfire Actress Confirms Comic Costume In Season 1
BY DEREK STAUFFER – ON OCT 05, 2018 IN TV NEWS

https://screenrant.com/titans-starfire-costume-comics-accurate/
ADVERTISING

Titans actress Anna Diop has confirmed that Starfire will receive a much more comic book accurate outfit during the streaming series’ first season. Starfire’s outfit in Titans has been a source of controversy for a very long time. When a set photo leaked of Anna Diop during the filming of season 1 fan response ranged from negative to incredibly negative.

Some of the reaction was a reasonable disappointment and a feeling that Starfire and Diop looked far too low budget for an alien princess. However a very vocal section turned the criticism racist with ridiculous incredulity and outrage that an African-American actress could play an alien with orange skin. According to Diop though the look that the internet has hated so much is merely temporary.

Related: Titans TV Show Renewed For Season 2 Ahead Of DC Universe Premiere

In an interview with ComicBook at the red carpet event for Titans, Diop was asked if a new look for Starfire, modeled on the comics, was on the way:

As soon as I put it on, everyone was flipping out. It’s awesome because it’s something that so many people have seen for so long and it means so much to people and this is the first time we’re bringing it to life, but you know — our story takes its time. It takes its time, it’s an origin story, so it takes its time in the characters coming to this place where you see them and the way that everyone’s always known. I hope that the audience can be patient with us and have fun with us.

Anna-Diop-is-Starfire-in-Teen-Titans-live-action-TV-show.jpg

One of the main criticisms thrown at Titans’ original Starfire look was that it seemed amateurish and not at all the outfit of a superhero. Evidently, that was the intention. Taking Diop’s comments at face value, it seems the original look of Starfire in Titans is meant to just sketch the barest origins of the character. Starfire, like nearly every other Titans character, is on a much bigger journey. Although, since filming of season 1 has already wrapped (and season 2 hasn’t yet started) it seems like Diop will be in a more accurate - and hopefully less despised - costume by season 1’s end.

ADVERTISING

It’s also reasonable to assume that Starfire won’t be the only character to get an updated look in Titans season 1. The response hasn’t been quite as negative for the looks of Ryan Potter’s Beast Boy and Teagan Croft’s Raven, but after both leaked, they inspired a certain level of scorn. Whether it’s in season 1 or not, Beast Boy and Raven will likely also be receiving superhero makeovers.

Whether Titans becomes a success for DC Universe or not remains to be seen. There is a lot of buzz around the series but early reviews have been mixed to negative. The consensus being that Titans is a little too heavy handed and gritty with its characters, who have been typically portrayed as light-hearted or at least optimistic. Even if the young heroes continue to bash skulls into a fine paste throughout season 1, they’ll at least be looking more like their comic counterparts while they do it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jason Todd's Robin Confirms Titans' Place in DC Timeline
ADVERTISING

Jason Todd's Robin is the key to understanding where Titans fits in the DC timeline - and particularly in events involving Batman. The upcoming DC TV series, which will be released on the DC Universe streaming service and via Netflix for international audiences, promises to feature not one but two different iterations of the Boy Wonder.

Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) is a central character in Titans. He's the first Robin, and the one best known to audiences. But he'll be joined by the lesser-known Jason Todd (Curran Walters), who has taken Dick's place as the Dark Knight's sidekick. The dynamic promises to be a fascinating one, not least because Dick Grayson is clearly very angry indeed with his mentor. "F*** Batman," he snarled in an already (in)famous trailer.

Related: Titans TV Show: Every Update You Need To Know

Titans will inevitably be an adaptation of the comics, and we can safely assume the series will blaze its own trail in terms of continuity. At the same time, though, you don't introduce characters like the two Robins unless you're willing to deal with the baggage that comes with them. In the case of Jason Todd, that baggage includes one of the famous Batman arcs of all.

THE ORIGIN OF JASON TODD

First of all, let's set the scenes. Although Dick Grayson traditionally fought by Batman's side as the Boy Wonder, in the early '80s DC Comics decided to take the character in a slightly different direction. Dick had something of a falling out with his mentor, and the two became a lot more distanced. In 1984, Dick even decided to ditch the Robin identity altogether, donning an entirely new costume and calling himself "Nightwing." This change in direction was tremendously effective, and New Teen Titans became a bestseller - with Dick as a central figure.

ADVERTISING
, to design the new Robin. He carefully put together an origin story that was evocative of Grayson's, making it clear that Jason Todd was intended as a sort of substitute. Jason and Dick teamed up a number of times, and became brothers-in-arms.

ADVERTISING
Unfortunately, DC decided to revamp their entire continuity in the Crisis on Infinite Earths event. As part of that, the publisher decided to give Jason a very different background, envisioning him as an orphan who first crossed Batman's path when he stole the tires from the Batmobile. The reaction from comic book readers took DC by surprise; they were absolutely incensed.

Related: Titans: Jason Todd is The Key to Not Showing Batman

Titans is obviously set in the brief window where there were two Robins, where both Dick Grayson and Jason Todd wore the same costume and operated under the same identity. It seems reasonable to assume that Dick will become Nightwing over the course of the series, and if so that could well be building up to a major arc involving Jason Todd.

THE TRAGIC FATE OF JASON TODD

By 1988, DC Comics had realized that Jason Todd's Robin was becoming increasingly unpopular. The fanbase hated him with a passion, and the publisher decided to make him the center of one of the strangest stunts in comic book history. DC decided to launch an arc they called "A Death in the Family," which would settle Jason's fate once and for all by bringing him into a terrifying confrontation with the Joker. The outcome of the plot would be decided, not by the writers or even by the editors, but rather by the readers. DC set up a telephone poll, with readers able to dial in and decide whether or not Jason should live or die. The outcome was a close one; 5,271 voted to keep him alive, but 5,343 chose for him to be killed off. So it was that Batman lost a Robin.

This is one of the most important events in the entire Batman mythos, and it had a profound effect upon Dick Grayson. Suddenly Dick was confronted by the fact that his friends and allies weren't invincible, and he truly realized that there was a cost for living life as a vigilante. For Batman, it would be many years before he started letting others into his life again.

The simple truth is that Jason Todd is most famous as the Robin who died. DC's decision to set Titans in the time when Jason was Robin is a deliberate choice, a signpost to comic book readers that they have a long-term vision for the series - one that will involve a powerful, emotional arc. But it also tells us what elements we shouldn't expect to see, at least not in the short-term.

ADVERTISING
Related: Why Robin is the Only Titan With a Comic-Accurate Costume

JASON TODD'S PRESENCE WRITES CERTAIN KEY ELEMENTS OUT - FOR NOW

In the early 2000s, DC Comics began toying with the idea of resurrecting Jason Todd; these are comics, after all, and death is something of a revolving door for superheroes and sidekicks. In 2005, Judd Winick revealed that Jason had been brought back from the dead by Ra's al Ghul, and the character was reintroduced as a bitter, rage-fueled man who called himself the Red Hood. Jason was simply unable to understand why Batman - and, for that matter, Dick Grayson - had failed to avenge him. It all came to a head in the Battle for the Cowl event, an arc in which Batman's various proteges fought to define his legacy after the Dark Knight himself had been killed off for a time.

ADVERTISING
If Jason is still Robin, that means we can safely say the Red Hood won't be around - at least not for quite some time. Titans has already been renewed for a second season, so it's entirely possible we'll be seeing DC build up to this arc in the long-term.

By the same logic, that means we can assume Tim Drake - the third Robin - won't appear in Titans season 1. Created by Marv Wolfman in 1989, Tim was introduced with care by DC, building a friendship with Dick Grayson before he ever became Robin. In fact, he only donned the iconic costume in 1993, four years after his debut. This cautious, slow-burn approach proved much more successful, and he remains active as a member of the Bat-family to this day. He's not likely to show up this season, but if both Dick Grayson and Jason Todd exist in Titans, it can only be assumed Tim Drake will eventually follow.

DC knew exactly what they were doing when they decided to use Jason Todd in Titans; they were hinting at a powerful, emotional arc. The show is about Dick Grayson, not Jason Todd or Batman, so it won't be a central focus, but that doesn't mean Jason's Death won't have an impact on the first Robin, too, as it may even be what it takes for him to reconnect with Batman again.

https://screenrant.com/titans-jason-todd-robin-alive-timeline/2/

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the first episode and it was pretty good, even my girl enjoyed it. CGI isn't the best, but honestly, for the first season it isn't horrible. Still beter than Medussa from Inhumans hair...

Link in the cinema.

Last edited: