Crazy/Amazing car wrecks and traffic accidents

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How in the hell?!:confused:

Car in France flies 45m over Swiss border hut

photo_1.jpg

(The car struck this barrier at the French border crossing into Geneva.)
photo_7.jpg

(A photo showing how the barrier acted as a ramp, sending the car hurtling through the air.)
226104_802.jpg

(The impact then caused the car to fly around 45 metres through the air at a height of around four to five metres.)
226104_803.jpg

(The black Audi sedan flew over the top of currency exchange hut, flipping in mid-air before crash-landing.)
226104_801.jpg

(The car finally stopped around 70 metres from where it struck the barrier.)
photo_6.jpg

226104_800.jpg

(Incredibly, the driver emerged from the wreckage with only a minor hand injury.)

A DRIVER in France soared 45 metres in the air and over a Swiss border hut, narrowly escaping serious injury.

The Local reports that a black Audi sedan was travelling at "excessive speed" when it struck a barrier on the French border, flipped mid-air over the Swiss border hut and landed on all four wheels.

The incident occurred on Friday at 11pm at the Thonex-Vallard border crossing.

"By a miracle, there was no serious injury to report," the border guard service said.

The driver, whose identity has not been released, suffered only a slight hand wound.

Swiss officials said because the accident occurred on the French side of the border the investigation will be carried out in France.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man Walks Away After Semi Crushes His Vehicle On I-80

15739872_BG2.jpg

15739872_BG1.jpg

CHESTERTON, Ind. (CBS) — A Chesterton man was able to walk away from a frightening accident on Interstate 80 on Thursday morning, after his vehicle was crushed by a semi-trailer.

The semi, which was pulling a trailer loaded with steel coils, was in the far right lane of westbound I-80, when it suddenly veered into the far left lane, crushing a Chrysler minivan driven by Billy Ralph, 32, of Chesterton.

After impact, both vehicles came to rest against the median barrier wall, with the van underneath the trailer, police said.

Somehow, Ralph was able to walk away from the accident, which happened near mile marker 15.5. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment of head lacerations.

The driver of the semi-trailer, Chad Call, 30 of South Bend, said he lost control because of a burst of wind.

Both drivers were wearing seat belts.

Neither the use of alcohol nor drugs is suspected as being a contributing factor in this crash.

Call, who was not injured, was issued a citation for unsafe lane movement.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
medium_passat_flipped.JPG

Carfall_WhitneyBank.jpg

Rooftop-car-jump.jpg

After this photograph was taken Tuesday, a construction crew worked to plug the hole in the 8-inch-thick retaining wall on the roof of the seven-story Whitney parking garage in the 600 block of Gravier Street.
A day after a man drove a car off the top of a downtown New Orleans parking garage, plummeting four stories to another rooftop, he and his passenger were under hospital care Tuesday while the adjoining building's owner pondered how to remove the wrecked vehicle.

On Monday about 9 p.m., reports of a crash brought police to the seven-story Whitney parking garage in the 600 block of Gravier Street. Police discovered a 2000 Volkswagen Passat had broken through an 8-inch-thick cinder-block retaining wall on the garage's roof and had come to rest on the second-floor roof of the Barry & Piccione law firm

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
002.jpg

678oyulkhyujh.jpg

article-1206866-0613FF70000005DC-189_634x286.jpg

Miracle' escape for 11-year-old girl after car rolls off cliff
By Jaya Narain
17th August 2009

A young girl had an incredible escape after she leapt out of a moving car seconds before it plunged over a cliff.

Paige Dean, 11, was hurtling towards the precipice screaming for help as her grandfather watched on helplessly.

She tried to steer the vehicle and put the brake on but as it picked up speed over 200 yards and careered towards the cliff edge she threw herself out.

11-year-old Paige sits next to the car she accidentally sent over the cliff

The drama happened at a seaside campsite at Benllech in Anglesey on Saturday afternoon as Paige sat in the driving seat of her grandfather's parked Citroen C4.

She said: 'I was listening to music on my mobile phone when I dropped it. As I reached over to get it I accidentally knocked the hand brake off.

'I was rolling towards the edge of the cliff and I was petrified. I thought "I've got to get out". I was shouting "help me granddad".'

Paige manoeuvred the car around one tent but ploughed into two other empty ones before hitting some gorse bushes.

She said: 'In the end I decided to jump out and let the car go. I'm so glad I did. I saw the car fall off the cliff. I definitely would have died.'

Witnesses estimate the car was doing around 30mph when it plunged 250ft into the sea.

Grandfather Billy Dean, 63, who owns a caravan on the Golden Sunset site with wife Marie, 60, had parked the Citroen on a grassy slope.

When he spotted it had run away he gave chase with fellow campers.

He was horrified when he saw the vehicle go over the edge because he thought Paige was still inside. He also thought her younger brother Cameron, seven, was in the car with her. Mr Dean said: 'I was shaking for hours because I didn't see Paige dive out and thought Cameron might have been in the car.

'Somehow Paige had managed to get her hand on the steering wheel and had turned the car away from a tent which had a family inside. That was a miracle, too. It hit two other tents but luckily they were empty. I ran after the car with other campers but it gathered speed and there was nothing we could do. It was a nightmare'

As the tide comes in, the car is slowly filled with water

'The car will have to be hauled out of the sea and I don't know what the insurers will say. But all I'm bothered about is that Paige is all right.

'What must have happened is that when she bent down to pick up the phone she accidentally turned off the parking brake.

'I'm just so thankful that what could have been a major tragedy was avoided.'

Twelve fishermen were at the foot of the cliff - but the car was going such a speed it had flown over their heads.

Local lifeboat spokesman Dave Massey, who is also a paramedic, said: 'She's a very lucky little girl. It's fair to say she cheated death.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
140125_jeep_explodes.jpg

Spokane%20Car%20Explosion.JPEG-09d0b.jpg

Spokane%20Car%20Explosion.JPEG-0c412.jpg

n-DONALD-WILKES-large570.jpg

Firecracker blast blows off driver's hand in Wash.
An explosion from a firecracker inside a moving Jeep blew off the driver's hand early Saturday and scattered debris over half a block in Spokane, prompting initial fears over the man's intent, police and neighbors said.
SEATTLE (AP) - A powerful firecracker detonated inside a moving vehicle in a Spokane neighborhood and blew off the driver's hand, with residents rushing to aid the bleeding man, police and neighbors said.

Donald Wilkes, 61, said the blast early Saturday morning rattled his house and woke up everyone inside. When he ran outside, he found the street filled with smoke and a Jeep stopped just against his 6-foot-tall cedar fence.

"I looked around for something that got hit, but there was nothing," Wilkes said. "My son reached in to pull the keys out of the ignition and make sure he didn't go anywhere, and that's when we saw his hand was missing. It blew it right off at his wrist - they found part of it half a block away."

Witnesses saw a flash of light from inside the vehicle, a red Jeep with a gray top, as it drove down a residential street, police said. There was initial concern over the driver's intent.

Wilkes' son, 30-year-old Nicholas, and another neighbor applied a tourniquet to the man's left arm. The man was stocky, estimated at about 28 to 30 years old, and coherent. But he wouldn't answer questions about what he had been doing, Wilkes said.

"All he did was look at my son and say, 'Oh God, oh God.' He looked like he was going to pass out," Wilkes said. "My main concern was why he was driving around my neighborhood at 1 in the morning with an explosive device."

The explosion blew out several of the Jeep's windows, knocked off its dashboard and splattered blood all over the driver's side door, he said.

Police and medics arrived within minutes and applied further tourniquets, then brought the man to a hospital, where staff credited the first aid with saving his life.

Officers cordoned off streets in the neighborhood and urged Wilkes' family to leave, but Wilkes, who has lived in the neighborhood for 30 years, said the bedrooms are on the other side of the house so they eventually just went back to bed.

A bomb squad used a robot to find additional explosives in the Jeep and remained on scene until about 7 a.m. defusing them, Spokane Police spokeswoman Monique Cotton said. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms took over after that and would ultimately decide whether to recommend criminal charges.

Cotton called it an isolated incident and said there was no further threat to the community.

Authorities eventually determined the explosion was caused by an M-1000 firecracker, Cotton said.

An M-1000 is a cylindrical firework, sometimes sold in boxes promising "maximum blast, super loud."

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
24391121_BG1.jpg

140108log-spill660.jpg

140108log-spill405.jpg

Wayward logs crush pickup that driver just left
ALBANY, OR (KPTV) -
Steve Frolander's late father always told him to make sure everything was turned off.

That lesson likely saved Frolander's life Monday afternoon after a logging truck crashed into his pickup parked in the street near his home, he said.

"My lifelong training by my dad is to park as far away from hazards as possible," Frolander said. "And I always parked at least two car lengths away from a corner to eliminate any problem I would ever have."

Frolander said he got into his dad's 1998 Dodge Ram pickup Monday to go see his new granddaughter at the hospital. Something Frolander's dad always said when he was growing up popped into his head.

"I got in and thought 'I can't leave anything on in the house.' My dad, rest his soul, would kill me," Frolander said with a laugh.

So Frolander said he went back into his nearby house to let his cat out and turn off his computer. He was only inside for about 90 seconds, he said.

"Right when I shut the computer off, there was a hell of a bang," Frolander said.

What Frolander saw when he stepped outside was unbelievable.

A logging truck had flipped its load while rounding a corner at Southeast 3rd Avenue and Southeast Montgomery Street. The trailer slid, the rear wheels flipped up and about 20 tons of logs smashed down onto the pickup, according to the Associated Press.

"It slid the whole truck backwards until my truck got enough traction when it got up on the curb, then it stopped and the whole load rolled on top of it," Frolander said.

The truck was his father's pet project, Frolander said. He spent years researching it before he bought it.

Most of the things inside the cab at the time of the crash were saved, including a rifle that Frolander's dad had built for him.

"It's just unbelievable," Frolander said. "The way I look at it ... I wasn't in the truck, so I've already won the lottery."

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
perthtruckie.jpg

perth2.jpg

perthtruckie3.jpg

Road Detour Signs Are There for a Reason!
This happened on the Kalgoorlie to Perth Road, Western Australia. A culvert was being installed across the road with a detour gravel road graded around the whole area.

The trucker just blew clean on through the detour signs and punted straight into the trench.

He was lucky to survive with minor injuries!

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
25111338_SS.jpg

3444771_G.jpg

Crews pull Jeep swept away by flood waters in Providence
PROVIDENCE -
The driver of a Jeep misjudged the depth of the water in a parking lot on Charles Street in Providence early Sunday morning and ended up in the Moshassuck River.

The driver was able to pull himself out before the water took his car downstream.

"Crews were not able to remove the car because the river was raging at that time, overflowing. The current was just too strong," said Capt. George Stamatakos of the Providence Police Department.

The Jeep traveled nearly two-tenths of a mile away, where it stayed lodged near a bridge for more than 24 hours.

On Monday, crews pulled the Jeep from the river.

"It was impressive, but it was pretty simple. There were many jobs more tough than that," said Anthony Coletta of Coletta's Garage, who helped pull the car from the river.

Coletta was prepared. He had rescue crews in waterproof suits ready to jump in the water just in case.

"People need to be aware when there is severe weather it can change in a moment's notice. The safest thing is to stay at home," Stamatakos said.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Audi-S8-Accident-5%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-6%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-8%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-1%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-11%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-12%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-9%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-10%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-13%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-14%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-15%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-16%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-17%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-18%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Audi-S8-Accident-4%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Someone Walked Away from This Horrific Crash That Split an Audi S8 in Two!
If you only looked at these chilling pictures, and especially the one showing the rear end of a first generation Audi S8 on the road and the front end parked –literally- on the wall of a house without reading the details, you'd be out of your mind not to think that there was at least one fatality here. However, you would be wrong to do so…

Yes, you read that correctly; no one was killed, and the person driving (alone) the German luxury sedan came out of this accident, which occurred in Belgium, near the border with The Netherlands, with only very minor injuries, according to local news site Nieuwsblad! Unbelievable right?

The report said that the Polish driver of the S8 hit a tree (that was over 200 ft up the road from where the 2 pieces stopped) obviously at high speed that broke the car in two pieces, with the front smashing into the house (no one was injured inside).

This incident brings back memories of another shocking Audi accident in which an RS6 Avant was broken in two pieces with the driver suffering only a few scratches.

Audi-S8-Accident-3%25255B2%25255D.jpg

(According to Autoblog.nl, the impact was so hard that the vehicle’s battery flew through the neighbor’s windows, and the car was split in two.)

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those wheels took a hella bounce!:eek:

1795605_759323577413890_1376394109_n.jpg

1660902_759323654080549_635572739_n.jpg

1925177_759323720747209_559193865_n.jpg

1911882_759323817413866_360796342_n.jpg

Pair of Semi Wheels Fly Loose, Crash Through SD House
South Dakota highway patrol troopers say a semitrailer truck lost a set of dual wheels that went flying from the road and smashed through the wall of a house, creating a surreal scene of destruction inside the home, the South Dakota Highway Patrol says.

No one was home at the time and no one was injured, the Argus Leader reports.

In the Sunday afternoon incident, the truck was cruising along at about 60 mph on Interstate 90 near Rapid City when the pair of wheels sprung loose. The wheels crossed a median and a service road, hit an embankment and were launched into the air, bouncing once before blowing a hole in the side of the home, investigators said.

The dual wheels crashed through the house’s outside wall as well as an interior wall before coming to rest next to a table holding a 12-pack of beer. In the photos, drywall is splattered throughout the house.

It was a “strange” scene, troopers noted.

The truck was taken to a nearby truck stop for repairs, patrol investigators said.

The cause of the wheels popping loose has not been disclosed.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pipe+Transport_Truck+Accident_0319.JPG

Pipe+Transport_Truck+Accident_0320.JPG

Pipe+Transport_Truck+Accident_0321.JPG

Pipe+Transport_Truck+Accident_0322.JPG

Insecured Pipe Load
"This 9.5/8" casing had just left Gearhart's yard following inspection/re-coating for storage by Apache The truck wasn't travelling fast by any means but had to stand on his brakes and give way at the intersection and the pictures tell the rest.

The load was not properly secured and shifted drastically due to the sudden braking.

Driver luckily was only bruised and in a bit of shock."

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
saudi_lc.jpg

Land Cruiser in Saudi Falls Down Into 60m Well
You'd think that they'd at least put up a flag to let people know there's a 100m hole there. This happened in Saudi back in 2012. In areas where there is fresh water underground the locals dig wells and support the sides with concrete and stones to keep the sand from falling back in to the well. Some of these are up to 100 meters deep. This particular one was 60 meters (196 ft) deep and 4 meters (13 ft) wide, located outside the small town of Riyadh in the center of Saudi. The guys went out in the desert for a bit of 4X4 fun on a Thursday when one of them drove in to the well and dropped 60 meters to the bottom with his V8 Cruiser. Rescue workers retrieved the car, and the driver had a mild concussion from hitting his head against the wind screen. Hard to believe he is alive.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
15509082_BG1.jpg

23402-tires-crash-into-harris-bank-3-2463c.jpg

23400-tires-crash-into-harris-bank-1-80db6.jpg

23403-tires-crash-into-harris-bank-4-345ee.jpg

23401-tires-crash-into-harris-bank-2-c420a.jpg

Semi loses tires, hit windows of bank in Terre Haute
A Terre Haute bank was broken into overnight, but police say it was not a robbery.

Two tires from a semi smashed into a window at a Harris Bank branch. The semi was traveling along U.S. 41 when the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. Monday night.

Witnesses say the tires went flying through a Long John Silvers parking lot before hitting the bank. No one was injured, and police think the semi driver didn't know the tires flew off the truck.

It's unclear if the bank will have to close for repairs

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
day_went_so_wrong_03.jpg

1288502138085.jpg

9Brazil(11).jpg

Carlopolis, Brazil (NBC) - There were some frightening moments for a truck driver in southern Brazil Saturday when his truck skidded over a guardrail and was left hanging off a bridge.

A local news website shot video as the truck dangled over the water below. Reports say the driver lost control after a car suddenly stopped in front of him.

The truck wasn't carrying any cargo at the time and was crossing a bridge connecting the States of Parana and Sao Paulo.

People passing by used a rope to rescue the driver from the truck approximately 25 minutes after the accident.

Last edited:

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bozm6V3IAAAKCMs.jpg:large

BozmnYTCIAAwPPu.jpg:large

10313542_10152071944306975_5765971300618041753_n.jpg

10277168_10152071316641975_4949566168381790214_n.jpg

2023726480.gif

What a mess! Expansion-joint mishap brings city to standstill
The damaged steel plate on Interstate 5 that ruined the Thursday morning commute is an outdated piece crews have been replacing on other Seattle freeway decks. But the state lacks maintenance money to improve the whole corridor.

The 5:50 a.m. incident, near South Holgate Street in Sodo, triggered southbound backups of 10 miles. A drive from Lynnwood to Southcenter took two hours.

A dangling chain on a truck somehow caught the steel plate and yanked it upward, says the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT). Three vehicles were reportedly damaged, and three of the five freeway lanes were closed.

The truck driver called to report the chain as a likely cause, according to agency spokesman Bart Treece.

The accident can’t be blamed on lapses in maintenance or inspections, Treece said. “It’s probably not something you’d be likely to see again.” The area is inspected every few weeks, state officials said.

However, the threat of aging steel plates wouldn’t exist at all, if the state could replace them with new-generation rubber or silicone fillings.

“They come up, with the vibrations. That’s an old design; they were designed in the 1960s. That’s why we do away with the sliding plate,” said Sam Al Mallah, a WSDOT engineer.

An expansion joint is a gap between bridge spans, allowing the structures to expand and contract with temperature changes. Many are covered by steel plates to protect the joint from moisture or erosion. The long plates are ¾-inch thick, and it typically takes two strips to cross a five-lane highway.

A leading theory Thursday was that the truck’s chain snagged a corner where two strips meet, uprooting 10 to 12 feet of one strip. Another possibility is the chain caught the head of a 1½-inch-wide bolt that holds down the steel. The bridge team may never know for certain, said Treece.

The freeway reopened five hours later. To accomplish this, a state bridge crew heated the steel plate to soften it, then drove over it with trucks to push it flat, then bolted it to the road deck, before the afternoon commute.

Just like pavement ruts and rusting bridges, steel deck plates are a symptom of gradual decline. As far back as 2008, then-WSDOT Secretary Paula Hammond said it would require $2 billion to redeck I-5 through Seattle but delayed asking for the money because of political realities.

Damaged joints are a known hazard on the Seattle freeway, which opened in 1965.

“They’re aging. They’ve served us well. They’re serving their purpose,” said Lorena Eng, WSDOT regional administrator. “Unfortunately because they are old, they’re like anything that’s wearing out.”

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She bought a brand new Infiniti but didn't know how to drive stick. Had the music blasting so she couldn't hear the train coming...barely got out in time

article-2637052-1E2072F100000578-302_634x356.jpg

SunRailVScar1_1.jpg

SunRail_Crash.jpg

sunrail.jpg

sunrail.jpg

Terrifying video shows moment a woman was forced to jump out of her brand-new car after it stalled on train tracks just seconds before collision
Kristen Taylor had just bought a new black Infiniti and was still learning how to use a stick shift when her car got stuck on the train tracks in Maitland, Florida.

A video released by the Florida Department of Transportation this week showed the heart-stopping moment a SunRail locomotive slammed into Taylor's brand-new car Monday afternoon just a few seconds after the driver narrowly escaped certain death.
According to police, Ms Taylor, of Altamonte Springs, was heading west on Packwood Avenue in Maitland just after 2pm Monday when her Infiniti stalled at the rail crossing.

The woman tried to restart the car, but to no avail. That is when she saw a 145-ton SunRail commuter train with three cars attached to the locomotive coming directly at her, Orlando Sentinel reported.

The train slowed from 45mph to 35mp as it rounded the bend 100 yards from the Maitland stop, but it was not enough to prevent the collision.

In the dashcam video, the train quickly closes in on the car stuck on the tracks.

Inside, the train conductor identified as Frederick Robillard sounds the horn, slams on the breaks, and then braces for impact.

‘The engineer was braking and braking hard and trying to get that train to stop, but it can’t just stop on an instant. A train has a lot of weight,’ Florida Department of Transportation spokesman Steve Olson told Bay News 9.

A moment before the crash, Ms Taylor wearing a purple dress could be seen jumping out of the driver's side, after which the train runs over the Infiniti, sending bits of debris flying everywhere.
Speaking to ClickOrlando, Taylor said she could not hear the sound of the warning horns because her music was loud.

The 28-year-old woman, who suffered minor injuries from flying debris, said her Infiniti was totaled. Her first payment on the car was due Monday.

The motorist insisted that she was not trying to beat the train.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Story.jpg

flying-axe-embedded-in-dash-of-unfortunate-but-lucky-car_100474325_l.jpg

4356638_G.jpg

Ax Flies Off Truck Into Car’s Windshield On I-95 In Topsfield
An ax flew off a dump truck in Massachusetts Wednesday morning, crashing through the windshield of a car and missing the passenger’s head by just a few inches, MyFoxBoston.com reported.

"If it had had any more inertia behind it, or if they were traveling a little faster than the 65 mph speed limit, then one could speculate that the ax would've gone through," Joseph Risteen, a state trooper, told the station.

The Rhode Island couple was driving behind a dump truck on Route 95 in Topsfield, which is north of Boston. The unsecured ax became loose, flew off the truck, and got lodged blade-first into the windshield. The truck driver reportedly told police that he forgot about the ax in the back of the truck.

Police did not identify the couple or the truck driver, but he was issued a $200 fine. The ax was returned.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn!:eek:

edcfabee34992e3e569cda6561831d30.jpg

8ec649cd3619a78c0814e5440c09a560.jpg

incredible-survival-couple-crushed-lorry.jpg

article-2704093-1FEE815800000578-281_634x473.jpg

incredible-survival-couple-crushed-lorry.jpg

2905ad9d03b47abf407828c9262196ce.jpg

e3f20b319a40b87dae114d51349776e2.jpg

Crash-Victims-Survive-After-Vehicle-Is-Crushed-8.jpg

Driver and passenger miraculously survive after shipping container crushes car
This is the incredible moment two people were pulled alive from a car that had been almost entirely flattened by a shipping container falling on top of it.

Firefighters arriving at the scene in Qingdao in eastern China’s Shandong province were convinced that nobody could have survived the shocking accident, which occurred when a lorry overturned and shed its load.

But they were amazed to discover that despite the vehicle being crushed into a barely recognisable shape, a woman could be heard calling for help from inside the twisted metal and giving the thumbs up through a tiny gap in the window to indicate both she and a male friend were somehow still alive.

The accident happened on a road in the city of Qingdao when a large lorry carrying the container toppled over, shedding its load on to the car containing the two man and woman.

Emergency services were sure that nobody could have survived the crash and that it was simply going to be a grisly case of recovering crushed bodies from within the wreck.

But as they set about their task, they heard a woman calling for help from within the twisted metal.

A stunning rescue operation involving a 100 tonne crane then got underway, and it was discovered the couple had only 60cm (23 inches) of space remaining inside their crushed car.

Fire brigade spokesman Chi Tang said: 'We had a call about the accident to say that a lorry had fallen onto a car.'

'We didn't expect anybody to be alive but then we heard a woman's voice and realised that actually somebody had survived,' Mr Chi added.

'We had to bring in a 100 tonne crane to make sure we lifted the container off carefully and we found the car had been crushed so badly that was only 60cm of space left inside,' he went on to say.

Incredibly the woman was easily pulled out the wreckage with little more than cuts and bruises, although she was subsequently taken to hospital to be treated for shock.

The man travelling with her was in a more serious condition and needed to be cut free from the crushed vehicle, but he too is expected to make a full recovery.

The driver of the lorry was also hospitalised with minor injuries.

The lorry driver claimed that his vehicle shed its load after he swerved to avoid a third vehicle in front of him, which had slammed on its brakes.

The driver said he turned too sharply to the right, tipping the vehicle over and throwing the shipping container on to the unfortunate car as it tried to overtake on his left.

Fatal road accidents are a serious problem in China, where the highway network and number of new drivers are expanding rapidly while traffic laws and safety are widely flouted.

The Chinese ministry of transport says the number of road deaths in the country fell from 104,000 in 2003 to 60,000 in 2012 - or from about 300 fatalities a day to less than 200.

However, these figures are widely disputed, with many critics saying fatal accidents are around twice as high as official police statistics claim.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
549657_469310176443823_659886192_n.jpg

598368_469310123110495_649889155_n.jpg

jpgcLmF3yuNPz.jpg

jpg0icckUXy9H.jpg

jpgPUCU2d2hLH.jpg

jpgtJTmsooQti.jpg

jpgm7h12tJTKN.jpg

jpg0RebuUqAUn.jpg

jpgHYxHlEufOS.jpg

This is how a 1965 Plymouth looks after crashes tree at 150 mph...and the driver survives!
Bob Mosher builds hot ’60s Mopar street cars in the vein of production-stock and AFX racecars. Bob also specializes in restoring factory lightweight Mopars, Hemi cars, Super Stock Plymouths and Ramcharger Dodges—you know, all the cool Mopar stuff. On March 2, 2012, a fellow enthusiast’s son, allegedly broke into Mosher’s Arcadia, California shop while high on methamphetamine and stole one of the cars Mosher had recently sold. The recently restored ’65 Plymouth was stolen and taken for a little “joy ride” when it hit a tree at 150 mph. Fortunately the driver survived, if you can believe that. The sedan? Well, look for yourself, courtesy of the Arcadia Police Department. Keep it between the wickets, and at the speed limit!

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
article-tesla-0704.jpg

6413636_ce71c956e2cf523b442dcd5132538c43_wm.jpg

10300889_10203725434723774_9042348314833896710_n.jpg

10430362_10203725435683798_531352681451675444_n.jpg

tesla-crash.jpg

1404553419004-crash5.JPG

stolen-tesla-car-crash-l-a.jpg

Stolen Tesla Involved in Police Pursuit Crashes Into Cars, Splits in Half; 7 Injured
A stolen Tesla involved in a fiery crash split into two following a pursuit that ended in West Hollywood early Friday, leaving seven people injured, police said.

The incident began when police received a call from a Tesla dealership stating that an individual was “tampering or messing with” one of the vehicles, according to Sgt. Campbell with the Los Angeles Police Department’s Pacific Division.

Officers responded to the dealership and a pursuit began at about 12:45 a.m., Campbell said.

During the pursuit, the Tesla reached speeds of up to 100 mph, according to Campbell.

The pursuit ended on La Brea Avenue between Fountain and Lexington avenues a short time later when the driver of the Tesla hit two other cars and a lamp post, Campbell said.

A witness told KTLA that the Tesla hit the pole and split in half, and that part of the vehicle landed on top of a white car.

“There were fires after that that broke out,” Eric Martinez said. “I saw the firefighters — like 25 firefighters – standing around the white car with the Jaws of Life.”

Martinez added that at one point, explosions could be heard.

“We originally thought it was fireworks. Everybody thought it was fireworks that were just exploding,” he said.

Video from the scene showed the Tesla cut in half, and a portion of the vehicle appeared to have crashed into a building at the corner of the street. The other half of the vehicle remained in the roadway and caught fire.

In total, the Tesla collided with four vehicles, injuring a total of 6 victims, before splitting in two, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

One of the cars, a Honda Civic, had five people inside when the Tesla slammed into it. At least one person in the car was critically injured, according to Campbell.

Five of the victims were taken to a local hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

The man driving the Tesla — who was ejected from the vehicle — was originally thought to have died, but he was resuscitated while en route to a hospital, according to a Sheriff’s Department news release.

Two LAPD officers were injured during the pursuit when their vehicle hit the center divider, according to LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh.

The officers complained of pain and were taken to a local hospital, Borihanh said, adding that they were later released and did not sustain injuries.

La Brea was shut down in both directions in the area for hours as authorities investigated the crash.