article-1269697-095A5435000005DC-283_634x475.jpg

Cant see the first pic, :eek: can somebody please explain this shit to me..​

Me top.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
slide_194978_438144_huge.jpg

freak-accident-china-volvo-2.jpg

A driver survived having his car skewered by hundreds of steel bars in Taizhou, eastern China's Zhejiang Province. Yang Junsheng, 24, was driving at around 60km/h when he smashed into a truck carrying a full load of steel bars. At the moment of impact the bars shot backward, smashing through Yang's window screen. He says: "My mind was very clear at that second, and I immediately leaned down to the passenger seat When the car stopped I found the bars had filled in the space above me and the door at my side was poked open by the bars. The closest bar was only a few centimetres away." Yang escaped the incident with just a few scratches to his face.

Last edited:

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
12725662_BG1.jpg

12725662_BG3.jpg

12725662_BG2.jpg

TULSA, OK -- The Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Tulsa Fire Department were called to the Inner Dispersal Loop in downtown Tulsa early Tuesday morning after a driver crashed his pickup truck on a bridge undergoing reconstruction.

OHP troopers say it appears an unidentified driver drove the pickup truck around barricades at the Cincinnati Street exit and then drove out on a bridge which had no decking, just steel beams.

The bridge is located on the northeast corner of the IDL.

Recola Faulks heard the crash.

"While we were sleeping, just as we were getting to sleep, we heard a crash and thought somebody threw something over the highway here," Faulks said.

The pickup truck fell between two beams and was only being held up by wires high above the ground.

It took Tulsa firefighters and construction crews several hours to get the truck into position, so they could lower it to the ground.

Despite the truck's precarious perch, the driver was able to crawl out a window and get free, then disappeared before police and fire got there. The Oklahoma Highway Patrol will look for the driver and go from there.

"Obviously there's damage there, probably several thousand dollars worth to the bridge decking," Lt. George Brown, OHP, said. "It's expensive equipment, so we'll do what we can to bring this person to justice."

The News On 6 learned the truck was registered to a house in Collinsville and left a business card. They called back and said it didn't belong to them, but they did sell a Dodge truck some time ago to a dealership in town.

The Burlington North-Santa Fe railroad lines, which run under the bridge, were closed to rail traffic while crews got the truck off the bridge

The Oklahoma Department of Transportation is now inspecting the bridge and its decking for damage.

The contractor working on that bridge will have to repair the beams and replace some of the fall protection, which keeps items from falling onto the railroad tracks below. The bridge replacement project won't be finished until winter.

As for the truck, OHP has it and figures the driver will come forward at some point to claim it.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
8585371692_0d0f5f4887_o.jpg

A motorist from Washington state had quite a scare north of Deer Lodge last week when a guardrail turned his SUV into a virtual shish kabob.

The driver of a Chevy Suburban fell asleep while driving in the eastbound lane of Interstate 90 on Sept. 2. His vehicle drifted off the road and collided head on with the guardrail, according to Montana Highway Patrol Sgt. Jason Hildenstab. The guardrail literally impaled the vehicle by penetrating through the engine block and exiting the rear window, just missing the driver.

"He didn't even have a scratch on him," Hildenstab said about the 21-year-old driver.

The trooper said it was lucky the motorist was driving solo, because the guardrail went through the passenger seat.

"If he had a passenger with him, it would have killed him," Hildenstab said.

The driver, Andy Dangerfield of Pullman, Wash., told the trooper he had left Washington early that morning on his way to Idaho. About 11:30 a.m., he started to get tired and must have fallen asleep as he was approaching Deer Lodge.

Dangerfield was cited with careless driving.

The crash left the driver badly shaken, according to Hildenstab.

"He was walking around like a ghost when I got to the scene," the trooper said.

In all his years with the highway patrol, Hildenstab said he's never seen an accident like that. He said guardrails are designed to crumple on impact. The trooper estimated that about 30 yards of guardrail traveled through the vehicle before it came to rest.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ink_truck_crash.jpg

medium_enhanced-buzz-9110-1299772036-38.jpg

The Most Beautiful Truck Crash Ever
A truck carrying 8,000 gallons of printer ink flipped over on an interstate in Peabody, Massachusetts this morning, resulting in what must be the most colorful car crash in history. No one was injured, so feel free to enjoy the aftermath with child-like glee.

The photo above, snapped by Winslow Townson for The Boston Globe, shows the technicolor scene resulting from the spill.

Joe Ferson, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, confirmed that 16,000 pounds of red, blue, and yellow ink cartridges from an Indianapolis-based printing company were involved in the crash, though thankfully, the Globe reports, "Ferson said there is no evidence the yellow ink was released." After my investigation of the relavent photographs, however, I must dispute his claim.

Clean-up crews were quick to respond to the scene, soaking up the rivers of ink with sand, though some sections of the ramp will reportedly require repaving—is the driver responsible for what must be like $30 gazillion dollars ink cartridges?—and some of the ink has already seeped into nearby storm drains. It isn't considered an environmental hazard, but state environmental officials are nevertheless on-site overseeing the cleanup.

The on-ramp is expected to remain closed throughout the evening. Meanwhile, at an office somewhere in America, toner is presumably running very low.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
140963d1313613521-lexus-stuck-concrete-concrete.jpg

article-0-0D77B18C00000578-227_634x694.jpg

As a lawyer she should have been used to getting out of sticky situations.

But when this woman driver attempted to do a U-turn on a street full of roadworks in Houston, Texas, yesterday, there was no way out.

Houston police said that it received a call at 8:30am from a roadworker reporting that a Lexus had been driven straight into a freshly laid section of road.

The caller told officers that the car had attempted to cross the stretch of cement, despite it being marked off by bright orange cones.

The thing is they had just finished pouring and shaping the cement not but 5 minutes before it happened.

They got the car out within 20 or so minutes after it happened and repaired the street 15 minutes after that.

They yanked her out with a flat bed, while she was still in it.

Other online posters quoted the famous phrase associated with the city, 'Houston, we have a problem'.

The dark coloured car, which had a Texas licence plate, is believed to be a Lexus GS which is sold for up to $70,000. The Houston Press reported that a lawyer is the registered owner.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wrecked%20truck.jpg

The back story is that the driver was blotto drunk and missed about a hundred, “Bridge is OUT!” Signs.

Knowing that, we wonder how the hell he got back off the bridge. Being as drunk as he was to pull this off, we’re thinking that “heel to toe” walking would not have been a good exercise at that point, especially when plunging to certain death was a very real option.

It looks like virtually everything below the frame rails was cleaned off the truck, the frame is bent, and the paint looks to have been scratched as well. Oh, we wish we could have hung out with the insurance adjuster on this job!

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
res_34228.jpg

Ryan Anderson, 25, was attempting to drive across the railroad bridge, located next to St. Paul’s Church, in a Ford F150 with his brother Todd, 37, around 5:30 a.m. Friday, when the truck crashed into a trestle beam.

“I think they honestly thought they were on the road,” said Lt. Randy Prickett.

A train traveling from Georgia to South Carolina came up behind the vehicle but was able to stop before it crashed into the pickup’s rear.

The transmission had jammed during the crash and the speedometer was stuck on 60 mph. Prickett said it’s a pretty good estimate of the speed but the actual speed could be slightly lower or higher.

Deputies believe alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.

The brothers have been interviewed, but Prickett said neither remembers where they were coming from or where they were going.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
185193.jpg

185194.jpg

185195.jpg

Driver Owns 2013 Mustang GT/CS for 8 Hours Before Wrapping it Around Tree
So you've just picked up a brand-new Mustang California Special Edition from the dealership, and you can't wait to get it home and show off the fancy new rear wing, GTCS graphics and other bespoke touches. More importantly you want show your buddies just how good the 420hp 5.0-liter V8 sounds. After that it's time to take the car for a proper drive, so you stretch its legs on the highway before heading home. Be careful though, high horsepower RWD cars are not for the novice.

Something this seriously unlucky punter found out to his considerable cost, $40,000 to be precise. Just eight hours after picking up the keys, he was stepping out bruised and with minor cuts to review the mangled mess of his brand-new GT/CS Mustang. Having taken a corner at over 80mph, he lost control of the blacked out muscle car, slid off the road, through a field and into a tree. Had a passenger been present, we may not have written this story as the passenger seat took the brunt of the impact. Thankfully he was flying solo and no-one was seriously injured.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
576334_3620836853425_1755932467_n.jpg

Howling winds blow over trucks, fan flames in Dakotas
Travel was hazardous in South and North Dakota as a windstorm brought 70 mile-an-hour gusts to the region Thursday. South Dakota’s Transportation Department was urging extreme caution after the toppled many semis.

In the Red River Valley, conditions were not quite as bad. But truckers told WDAY the difference between a loaded truck and an empty one was significant when it came to holding the road.

The winds also fanned the flames of wildfires, including one that claimed several of the buildings in a tiny North Dakota town of 30 residents.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Surprised this doesn't happen more often. Very little room for error with a lot of these car carriers.
I'm sure it does happen more than we know. Seems like in this case that extension ramp plate fell off and led to the Aston crashing on the ground. You can see it on the ground in both of the pics.

Notice how the car has to back out onto it in this pic
auto+transport.jpg

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sure it does happen more than we know. Seems like in this case that extension ramp plate fell off and led to the Aston crashing on the ground. You can see it on the ground in both of the pics.

Notice how the car has to back out onto it in this pic
auto+transport.jpg

Good eye. I didn't even notice that ext. ramp on the ground. I assumed the driver backed up a little too far.

I used to always wonder how drivers got out of the cars once loaded. I just saw the other day that they either have to climb out of window or some of those trucks have removable panels so the car doors can open and they have more access to the vehicle.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
6858454172_d3b4dbcd97_h.jpg

7004510117_9d297bd220_h.jpg

7003802071_780bb6296a_h.jpg

6857687224_ef7b8ed9e5_h.jpg

metro-wild-boulder-0322-art-gfugi3gc-120120321-athensboulder05-asf-jpg.jpg

A 100 Ton, 25 Ft. Boulder Crushes Cars, Damages House
A massive boulder tumbled down an hillside ripping out utility lines and crushing two cars before landing on a house.

The 100 tonne stone measuring 25 feet in diameter came loose in Ohio on Tuesday night after recent heavy rains.

Miraculously, no one was injured by the huge tumbling rock despite the extensive damage caused to Tim and Diane Pfaff’s home and cars.

In its path of destruction the rock managed to take out the phone, power and cable lines as well as the underground waterline in the immediate area, reports the Athens Messenger.

Although the Pfaffs were home at the time of the impact, they escaped unhurt as they were in the back of the property in Athens.

'My wife and I were upstairs in the bedroom. My son and a few of his friends were in the back bedroom watching TV. We were ready to go to bed … It sounded like a huge hailstorm or a big, strong, sudden downpour. Then we saw flashes outside like lightning. It all happened so fast, we didn’t know what was going on,' Mr Pfaff told The Messenger.

Work is underway to remove the large boulder by breaking it down into smaller pieces using jackhammers. The removal could take up to a month.

Andy Stone, director of Athens' Department of Engineering and Public Works, said the boulder which came loose at around 10.30pm damaged four cars and the front of the house at 20 Fort St.

Stone told the Messenger the front of the property was primarily used as a carport and the house could most likely be saved.

The family and their neighbors were evacuated as crews examined the hillside.

Stone told the Messenger that the large boulder would need to be broken into smaller pieces in order to be removed from the scene.

Mary Diles, who lives just a few doors from the damaged property, said she was in her driveway when she heard the hillside give way.

'At first I thought it was thunder,' she told the Messenger. 'Then I saw sparks and thought it was firecrackers.'

Diles said if she had been driving down the street a minute earlier, she would have probably died.

Stone said iin the report that t appeared that tree roots had grown into a fissure in the boulder.

He told the Messenger that the tree roots paired with the heavy rain showers this week were likely the culprit behind the rock slide.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn!:eek::lol:

apd_031313.jpg

5pashleyhyundaidelearship-1363274308.jpg

AAM22859.JPG

AAM12676.JPG

tx3.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

It looked like an Evel Knievel stunt gone wrong, but with the daredevil driver missing.

In the early morning hours Wednesday, an unidentified man lost control of his 2004 Nissan Altima along the Interstate 35 service road in South Austin, launching it into the air and careening into 16 brand new cars at the South Point Hyundai dealership.

Then, police say, he ran.

Mark Marek, service and parts director at South Point Hyundai, said after surveying the scene, “It’s shock and awe.”

In all, 18 2013 Hyundai Sonatas and Elantras were damaged, some by flying debris. The trail of shattered windows, crushed roofs, missing hoods and mangled engines led to the abandoned, wrecked Altima lying on its roof, wedged between two Hyundais.

Marek said about half of the damaged cars were total losses.

But that did not deter workers. The wrecked cars were gone by Wednesday afternoon, moved to a North Austin collision center, and replaced by a row of brand new Hyundais.

“We have hundreds of cars in inventory,” said Marek, a four-year veteran at the dealership, who couldn’t resist issuing a sales pitch in the midst of the chaotic scene. “We’re going to move on and enjoy our day. We’ll still be putting nice people in great cars.”

The incident began shortly before 2 a.m., when police say they were called to the scene of the dramatic rollover crash on the I-35 service road south of Ben White Boulevard.

Witnesses reported seeing a man lose control of his car, which launched into the air before flipping and rolling over several new cars at the dealership.

Police say they believe the vehicle had no other occupants and that there were no reported injuries.

The man, estimated to be in his 20s, was wearing a white shirt and black shorts and was seen running north from the scene of the crash.

By late Wednesday, there were limited details on the driver’s whereabouts and no word that police had found him.

Inside his car, police said, were several empty containers of alcohol.

“His state of sobriety is not known,” said Austin police spokeswoman Lisa Cortinas. She said it was not immediately clear whether the car belonged to the driver.

This was not the first time South Point Hyundai has been the scene of a dramatic crash. In 2011, a vehicle that jumped the curb crashed into three used cars at the dealership.

“This is not an everyday occurrence,” Marek said. “But it’s something we have some unfortunate familiarity with.”

Man I wish the car lot had security cameras pointed in that direction. I would love to see how dude did this!:lol:

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
colo-monument-van-1.jpg

van-4.jpg

van-1.jpg

20090123__Van3~p1.jpg

Spectacular Suicide Attempt In Dodge Van Foiled By Pesky Cliff
Jan. 21, 2009-A 1987 Dodge van got stuck on a rock overhang , near Grand Junction, Colorado, after the driver sent the vehicle off a cliff in an apparent suicide attempt.

The event started around 4:30 pm when Daniel J. Lyons, 34, of Clifton, Colorado, drove his van off an isolated roadway in the Colorado National Monument where it tumbled and rolled 120 ft. down a canyon wall before it got snagged on a rock outcropping.

Even isolated canyons get cell coverage now, and he called 9-1-1 to report his mishap. “He told dispatchers he was down a cliff somewhere in the Colorado National Monument and his car had gone off the road,” Park Superintendent Joan Anzelmo said.

Based on Anzelmo’s description of the road and area, a park ranger and volunteer firefighter were able to find Lyons’ 1987 Dodge van. They got down the mountainside and found him sitting in the back seat of the van, teetering off a cliff. By then it was getting dark.

About 50 more rescue personnel arrived from the park rangers, Mesa County sheriff’s deputies, Grand Junction firefighters and local volunteer FF’s. Lights were set up and a litter was sent down to the van where Lyons was secured and hoisted back up to the road and to safety where he was then flown to a hospital in Grand Junction.

After the rescue, Lyons told authorities he had accidentally driven off the roadway… “He feels it was an accident going over the edge of Rim Rock Drive,” Anzelmo said. “It has all the signs that he intentionally drove off.”

There were no brake or skid marks on the roadway, and the tire tracks in dirt off the road ran in a straight line to the edge of the canyon, she said.

“The sense we had last night was that it was intentional,” Anzelmo said.

The rangers are probably right because Lyons was wanted by the police. Immediately on his release from the hospital Saturday he was arrested and has been charged with sexual assault on a child, sexual assault on a child with a pattern of abuse, sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust which are all felonies. He’s currently being held at the Mesa County Jail on a $60,000 bond.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kpdi_car_t940.jpg

article-0-17666F09000005DC-616_634x422.jpg

article-0-1766703A000005DC-914_634x572.jpg

Accident-161-620x463.jpg

Accident-174-620x463.jpg

A 70-year-old driver crashed his vehicle into a California medical building in such a way that it left him unable to get out without rescue assistance as the car was suspended 20 feet above a staircase.

The incident occurred Wednesday just before 10 a.m. at Kerny Mesa medical center in San Diego, according to 10News. KSWB-TV reported officials saying the motorist became startled by someone honking at him and hit the gas, which caused him to lose control of his car, wedging it between two buildings over the stairs.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

World's biggest traffic fine? Chinese driver whose overloaded truck collapsed a bridge gets a bill for $25 MILLION
A 110 ton truck overloaded with sand caused a concrete bridge (rated at 55 tons) to collapse in the outskirts of Beijing. After an investigation, the court came to decision that the driver is the only one to blame, so now a man named by Chinese media merely as Mr. Zhang will have to pay the astounding $25 million of compensation.

The China Car Times wrote: ‘On July 19th of last year, a 34-year-old trucker who has only been named Mr Zhang by Chinese media sources was trucking sand across the outskirts of Beijing,
‘His 110 ton truck caused a bridge to collapse.

‘After a yearlong police investigation the courts have come to the decision that the blame is solely on Mr Zhang's shoulders due to his overloading ways, Mr Zhang's defence so far seems to be that he was just doing what he was told by the trucking company.

They say it was his fault that he had put too much sand in his truck last summer and that he must now pay the price for his actions.