Concealed Carry personal protection thread

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I'm carrying give both id's..... on one stop dude took like 4 to 6 mins to approach my car then straight asked if I was carrying.....
they dont even have to ask me........they see both them mufuckas on me when i get out my car.....when im walkin in a store......around downtown.....
prolly spend more time asking themselves if im a Fed......but they never say shit to me......they just look

Liquid7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just got my CCL, in the market to purchase my first handgun..My choices are between a Sig p320 compact 9mm or Glock 19 9mm...Can anyone point me in the right direction..Thanks .

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I just got my CCL, in the market to purchase my first handgun..My choices are between a Sig p320 compact 9mm or Glock 19 9mm...Can anyone point me in the right direction..Thanks .
I would say glock of course brother Ceenote likes sig... Best thing to do is go to the range and shoot both and see which fits you best.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

This

I would say glock of course brother Ceenote likes sign... Best thing to do is go to the range and shoot both and see which fits you best.

but I would suggest something smaller. :dunno: The 19 is still a rather big gun to me unless it's the winter time.

Sig is having an issue now with drop discharges. So I would hold out on that one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/sig...20-pistol-that-can-discharge-erroneously.html

I have a 19, and a S&W Shield for concealed.

I like the 19, because of the amount of after market things you can get for it. For example I have a couple of 33 round sticks. And Magpul has a 21 and is about to come out with a 27. You can get sites for it, because a lot of people don't like it.

But Glock just announced the 5th Gen Glock, the 17 and 19 are coming out in a week. Actually I think it might already be at a few stores across the country. Minor changes, no finger grips, barrel, slide lock for lefties, finish, mag well change...supposed to be even more solid.

There's a lot of solid options out there though, S&W, Glock, Sig, Walther, H&K.... You can't go wrong really these days unless you go cheap. Most guns are pretty easy to take down these days and are reliable unless it's like a Hi Point or Kel Tec.

Liquid7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thank you all for the replies, @Complex I didn't even know about that Drop discharge, did a little googling an it had to be dropped on a certain angle, but scary nonetheless. I did get a chance to hold both weapons at a Gun store but you cant fire them, they both felt good.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Thank you all for the replies, @Complex I didn't even know about that Drop discharge, did a little googling an it had to be dropped on a certain angle, but scary nonetheless. I did get a chance to hold both weapons at a Gun store but you cant fire them, they both felt good.

If you go to a range, you can rent some. If you go to a big range, they'll normally have everything. At least the more popular ones.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

yeah u have to rent them like Complex said! if u just go by the way they feel in ur hand that might not be the best thing..i too have the s&w shield as well for conceal and carry... if the range u went to dnt have rental of different fire arms try to find one that does offer if fu can. makes a world of difference..

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
22490091_10214032498671477_4304391404125777962_n.jpg

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
don't want a cache of weapons, but looking for a multi purpose hunting rifle ..... deer would probably be the largest animal, thoughts .....

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK, let talk about how to CC while in the car. I made a major mistake yesterday.

Got pulled over yesterday for speeding. So I pulled over, got my license and insurance card out before I even pulled over to a complete stop. No need and doing all that moving around while the cop is walking towards my truck. Them bitches be nervous.

Here's where shit got weird. When he got to my car I gave him my ID before he could ask for it, but he asked for my registration. So I'm thinking to myself like crap i don't know where that shit is. Around here when you renew every year they basically just give you a sticker for your tags on a piece of paper. Matter of fact that might be the first time I have ever been asked for registration. So I'm like hold on let me look, open the glove box and BAM!! 40 cal sitting right in his face. I'm like fuck that's not good. Closed it up quick and said I don't have it. Come to think of it I reached inside and covered it with a piece of paper, though I'm sure he had already seen it. Luckily the cop didn't panic.

Shit really didn't hit me till i got back to work. One thing that could have been in my favor is that I'm a city employee and i had on a work shirt for a change and he saw it, maybe he let his guard down a little. but had that been another situation shit could have ended badly

Where the hell y'all keep your weapon while in the car.....??????
Behind seat or gym bag. Occasionally right next to me on console or on hip when somebody done pissed me off in traffic

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they dont even have to ask me........they see both them mufuckas on me when i get out my car.....when im walkin in a store......around downtown.....
prolly spend more time asking themselves if im a Fed......but they never say shit to me......they just look
:lol: My muhfuckin nigga! Too big to hide.

bubba2k5

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have two, one for when I got a jacket or hoodie(Blackhawk)

And slim sticky when I'm in tees.
I have the exact same gun, and I’ve been struggling trying to find a holster to conceal it. Do you have a link to the slim one you have?