Concealed Carry personal protection thread

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
This is a post I made in the Cleveland FB shooter thread's:

Seriously step yaw concealed carry game up, get yo permit and get whatever you can afford or that's comfortable for you.

I picked this up yesterday to add to the collection

Berretta Pico 6+1. 380 shit feels good in yo hands and pocket.

A good start is to learn your state laws on concealed carry and what permits you may need.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state
http://officialblackgunsmatter.com/

we all know the world/society we live in, if you dont like or choose not to take this route of protection :cool:

But for those who do, please get to know your rights and take the appropriate action to legally protect yourself and family.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

Steve-Stephens-and-Joy-Lane.jpg

He has his work badge like it is nothing. Women can fuck a man up quick.

Don't expect the police to protect, this guy had killed 12 people before the police got involved. It is easy in my state to get one, too many deranged losers running around. I am getting one soon, any tips would be helpful.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I carry a glock 43, easy to conceal, comfortable. caryy with an inside the belt holster

Wanted the 43 but, due to a kid that likes to hang on me, went with the M&P Shield 9mm, carried in a DeSantis IWB holster. Summer pocket carry is Bodyguard .380 in an Uncle Mikes in the pocket holster; both have external safeties; I hate the BG (trigger pull is crazy heavy) but the external safety gives slight piece of mind.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I'm in New York where it's damn near impossible to get one legally

Living in NY is impossible to get that ccw.

:smh:

New York counties, and some police departments, issue pistol licenses on a "may issue" basis. Discretionary issuance policies vary widely across the state. Generally, it is harder to obtain a license in counties closer to large New York cities. Most counties that aren't a part of downstate New York have shall/reasonable issuance policies, but may administratively restrict time or place of carry (such as only for target shooting or hunting). It is not a crime to carry a weapon under a Target or Hunting permit for other purposes, but if caught or reported the permit will likely be revoked. Concealed carry without any kind of permit must be charged as a felony unless the weapon is unloaded and no ammunition for it is in possession of the person carrying. All permits are valid throughout the state, except in the City of New York, unless validated by the police commissioner of that city, NY Penal Law 400 (6). While New York law does not allow issuance of pistol licenses to non-residents, 2013 federal appeals court and State appeals court rulings clarified the residency requirement. This clarification allowed those domiciled outside of the state with a part-time residence in New York to be issued a permit at the discretion of the licensing officer

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newyorkcity.pdf

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I'm not a fan of the 380 but my chick carries one. I go with the XDs 40.
XD's are nice like I said get what comfortable for you. I got 2 .380's and 2 9mm.

I would prefer to keep my guns in specific ammo, I like 9mm and 7.39 for ease to find ammo at a decent price.

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get that. Around here though dudes are caliber junkies which makes me feel like if I'm in a situation where we're both strapped and I have a 380 I'm most likely at a disadvantage. Shot placement is big but in an equal situation, a 380 vs 40 or 45 caliber likely isn't going to end in your favor. It also gives them a distance advantage. Lowest I go for carry is generally a 9 but even then I'm most likely going to go with +p ammo. Don't recommend that for polymer guns though.

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nothing wrong with carrying a concealed weapon sometimes, but the shit ain't for me. The reality is, if someone wants to kill you, you can't stop them, only for the moment. Also, if somebody has the ups on you, with a gun pointed right at you, that gun is useless at that moment. What are the odds in a lifetime, that somebody will try to kill you for nothing? A sniper can always hit you, no matter how many guns you carry or have in the crib.

The average nigga has never killed anything bigger than a fish, possum, or squirrel; so 75% of them ain't gone shoot nobody, and can't do 3 nights in the pod without crying like a lil bitch. This applies to a lot of street niggas too, seen too many niggas get pistol whipped with their own pistol or running, shooting, and missing on purpose.

You don't need to be anywhere that you need to carry a pistol. I still got them gorilla tranquilizers for the house, but never really carry outside like that, I am no longer in the streets heavy like that.

I used to stack pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, and ammo when younger and naive, Block Rocking. My pops used to tell me "You wasting your money on all that shit. You can only use it one time. After you shoot somebody you are gone. If you get out of it, its gonna cost you a fortune to get out of it."

How often do you see a black man shoot somebody, and get off on self defense? Keep it real, this is America. Guns are trouble in the streets, never gonna end pretty.

tumblr_o8vnc5NlZL1umhxx4o1_540.jpg

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
I get that. Around here though dudes are caliber junkies which makes me feel like if I'm in a situation where we're both strapped and I have a 380 I'm most likely at a disadvantage. Shot placement is big but in an equal situation, a 380 vs 40 or 45 caliber likely isn't going to end in your favor. It also gives them a distance advantage. Lowest I go for carry is generally a 9 but even then I'm most likely going to go with +p ammo. Don't recommend that for polymer guns though.

IMO draw skills and ready convenience will offset caliber discrepancies.

My brother who told me about the pico said he has a draw time of 3/4 of a second 'if you blink you gon die in the darkness.'

The feel and grip of that fucking pico, with a lil practice, will have you able to bring that bitch to bear on any mutha fucka with a quickness.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
my cc right now is my S&W shield 40 cal

fucking love that gun

just bought my first AR-15 last weekend.. I'll post a pic soon as i can figure out how to post it from my phone

my next purchase will be a 380 ruger LCP second gen. might get it next month