BGOL Legend

collage-13.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Chris and Andy are joined by New York Times culture reporter Reggie Ugwu to talk about the life and career of Chadwick Boseman, who passed away on Friday following a private battle with colon cancer (1:32). Plus, Chris and Andy break down the finale and phenomenal season of I May Destroy You (25:36), and Andy is joined by the Killers’ lead singer Brandon Flowers to talk about their new album, Imploding the Mirage (53:16).

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
While He Clearly Meant Well, Omari Hardwick’s Chadwick Boseman Tribute Was Tone Deaf And Insensitive

Posted on September 1, 2020 - By Jazmine Denise

Source: Paras Griffin / Getty

Omari Hardwick is at the center of more controversy on social media following his tone-deaf tribute to the late Chadwick Boseman. The tribute was shared Sunday in the form of a lengthy Instagram caption accompanied by footage of the “Power” alumn receiving an award for which both he and Boseman were nominated. And while his choice of media for a rest in peace post was seen as questionable to some, it could be argued that he chose that particular video because he acknowledges Boseman and the relationship that they had in his acceptance speech. What could not be explained away, however, was the caption, which read:

I didn’t have enough time that fateful night to share what i whispered to you. So now i will. But not before sharing what you said first. You said “O, go claim that award that’s had your name on it from the gate…from the moment i met you. I whispered back, “Thank you Bose…for being the superhero I knew you were from the moment i met you.” Then I quickly added….”we still gotta do that movie together!” You replied: “Bet.” … I hear you whispering more than ever my dearest brother of a Black Panther. One of my biggest honors was being one of your biggest competitors and an even bigger friend.
You are HUGELY missed, but I got you next to me even more on the rest of this run.
A wise man told me this morning…”In the Kingdom no crown is wasted. When one man drops his crown, another man picks it up. Pick it up O!”
From king Chadwick to king Hardwick….i will do just THAT my brother. Rest in your glory.
PS: Brave has worn his Black Panther costume everyday for the past 3 weeks.. trust me I’ll make sure he keeps wearing it…..

When faced with criticism dished out by fans, many of whom called him out for being self-centered, Hardwick doubled down on his comments, telling one fan:

“Your message is as cancerous as what Chad fought. Sad. Good luck going forward. God bless.”

GoodnaturedUniformIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Straight up cringeworthy. While Omari likely did not have ill intentions when he made the post, the reality is that his words did come off as insensitive and in many ways, self-serving.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
While He Clearly Meant Well, Omari Hardwick’s Chadwick Boseman Tribute Was Tone Deaf And Insensitive

Posted on September 1, 2020 - By Jazmine Denise

Source: Paras Griffin / Getty

Omari Hardwick is at the center of more controversy on social media following his tone-deaf tribute to the late Chadwick Boseman. The tribute was shared Sunday in the form of a lengthy Instagram caption accompanied by footage of the “Power” alumn receiving an award for which both he and Boseman were nominated. And while his choice of media for a rest in peace post was seen as questionable to some, it could be argued that he chose that particular video because he acknowledges Boseman and the relationship that they had in his acceptance speech. What could not be explained away, however, was the caption, which read:

When faced with criticism dished out by fans, many of whom called him out for being self-centered, Hardwick doubled down on his comments, telling one fan:

“Your message is as cancerous as what Chad fought. Sad. Good luck going forward. God bless.”

GoodnaturedUniformIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Straight up cringeworthy. While Omari likely did not have ill intentions when he made the post, the reality is that his words did come off as insensitive and in many ways, self-serving.
Some things are better left unsaid. He might not have meant anything by it but it was unnecessary. He shouleve had more class than that.

Loan Me 20

Rising Star
Registered
Dude is an idiot lying troll; dont waste your breadth responding to him; I just did in another thread; dude is a waste of time; no need to even acknowledge that troll ever.....

I figured I'd give him a chance to explain himself. I should have listened to my intuition.

google chadwick boseman was poison and it will explain everything. i personality do not believe it was colon cancer, he did not shoot 19 movies with stage 3 cancer. it is not possible

1-The Toronto Sun did not mention an autopsy report. Toronto Today may have but the only link I could find was dead. I wonder why :rolleyes2:?

2-You think that an autopsy was performed on Chadwick a day or 2 after his death :hmm:. On a weekend :hmm:.

3-You came out of lurking to post this dumb shit?

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
I figured I'd give him a chance to explain himself. I should have listened to my intuition.

1-The Toronto Sun did not mention an autopsy report. Toronto Today may have but the only link I could find was dead. I wonder why :rolleyes2:?

2-You think that an autopsy was performed on Chadwick a day or 2 after his death :hmm:. On a weekend :hmm:.

3-You came out of lurking to post this dumb shit?
i'm standing on common sense= all of his film came right on schedule. so if productions of his films were not held up by chemo or these multiple operation then the media is lying

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Alot of people are against recasting panther but most of the mcu is going to have to be recast ar dome point because they are getting too old for tbeir roles. Mark ruffalo don cheadle chris Evans Paul Rudd. Chris's Evans etc. Thats why they killed off iron man because RDJ Had to retire that role. By the time the new pantjer sets in with a cew movies the mcu will bs filled with new faces filling in for those original roles..

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Alot of people are against recasting panther but most of the mcu is going to have to be recast ar dome point because they are getting too old for tbeir roles. Mark ruffalo don cheadle chris Evans Paul Rudd. Chris's Evans etc. Thats why they killed off iron man because RDJ Had to retire that role. By the time the new pantjer sets in with a cew movies the mcu will bs filled with new faces filling in for those original roles..

People are just being reactionary and emotional now since his death was so shocking and unexpected.

However it makes no sense to have the T'Challa character die with him especially after he put so much work into making that character great.

If I were the producers and movie studio I would begin quietly vetting and grooming potential replacements who can then be announced in a year or so when Chadwicks death isn't so fresh.

Not recasting the role is more of a disservice to Chadwick, who he appeared to be and what he accomplished as Black Panther IMO.