Chadwick Boseman Dies of Colon Cancer

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Persian Girlfriend came by to pick up some stuff I ordered for her.
She asked to see a film with Boseman.
And didn't know much of his filmography.
Other than "21 BRIDGES"

So it was either "BLACK PANTHER".
Or "MESSAGE FROM THE KING".
She chose the former.

Man.
I had to stop myself multiple times from tearing up.

But her viewing state went in the complete opposite direction.
The Museum Heist Scene?

YEAH!
BECAUSE YOU BRIT MOTHER FUCKERS STOLE EVERYTHING!!!

That was just the start. :lol2:

And Considering these days.
I started seeing much of "BP" in a different light now.
Especially regarding Killmonger's views on things.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
source.gif

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

33587972-8770281-Touching_meaning_As_an_adoring_fan_looks_up_at_the_icon_under_a_-a-70_1600983707316.jpg

33588022-8770281-A_legend_The_touching_portrait_nods_to_his_frequent_trips_visiti-a-72_1600983707319.jpg

33588102-8770281-Thoughtful_The_former_Disney_Imagineer_shares_a_slideshow_of_ima-a-71_1600983707318.jpg

33589664-8770281-_To_millions_of_kids_T_Challa_was_a_legend_larger_than_life_and_-a-75_1600983707330.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

33623824-8773387-image-a-20_1601054940508.jpg

33623822-8773387-image-a-19_1601054936010.jpg

33623820-8773387-image-a-17_1601054931839.jpg

33626038-8773387-image-a-16_1601054930927.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Chadwick Boseman Gave Some of His ’21 Bridges’ Salary to Co-Star Sienna Miller

By Natalie Oganesyan

00:00 of 02:42Volume 0%

Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
Sienna Miller, who co-starred in “21 Bridges” with Chadwick Boseman, revealed that the late actor contributed a portion of his salary from the film to her so she could continue working as a co-producer on the movie. Boseman also played a vital role in securing her the role of detective Frankie Burns in the film.
In an interview with Empire, Miller said, “He was a fan of my work, which was thrilling, because it was reciprocated from me to him, tenfold. So he approached me to do it, he offered me this film, and it was at a time when I really didn’t want to work anymore. I’d been working non-stop and I was exhausted, but then I wanted to work with him.”
While signing on for the fairly big-budget film, Miller said she asked for a salary that the studio wouldn’t agree to, and she was already reluctant to get back to work since her daughter was starting school and it was “an inconvenient time.”

Related Stories
VIP
WWE’s Mounting Problems: Audience Declines, Saudi Arabia, Andrew Yang

‘Black Panther’ Mural With Chadwick Boseman Unveiled at Disneyland

“I said, ‘I’ll do it if I’m compensated in the right way.’ And Chadwick ended up donating some of his salary to get me to the number that I had asked for,” she said. “He said that that was what I deserved to be paid.”
The graciousness Boseman showed, Miller noted, is hard to come by within the entertainment industry. She had previously not recounted the story publicly, but believed it was a testament to who Boseman was.
“It was about the most astounding thing that I’ve experienced,” she told Empire. “That kind of thing just doesn’t happen. He said, ‘You’re getting paid what you deserve, and what you’re worth.’ It’s just unfathomable to imagine another man in that town behaving that graciously or respectfully. In the aftermath of this I’ve told other male actor friends of mine that story and they all go very very quiet and go home and probably have to sit and think about things for a while. But there was no showiness, it was, ‘Of course I’ll get you to that number, because that’s what you should be paid.’”
Boseman died Aug. 28 at the age of 43 following a four-year battle with colon cancer. As remembrances of the “Black Panther” star continue to pour in, Disneyland also unveiled a mural in Boseman’s honor last week.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

LIGHT BEARER. GRIOT. VESSEL. A GIFT. A GIANT. Master. CHADWICK BOSEMAN. He gave us so much. Embodying a hero from each generation and for generations to come. Legacy. Embodying love, forethought, discipline (like I’d never seen)...Generosity.
Chad wanted us to see our brilliance...our potential. He brought such beauty here, blessing us while he battled, never letting on to his struggle. Giving us only his light and inspiration. Sharing only light and inspiration...
humility, charisma and SKILL. This Man changed the Culture. Global impact. ***He had these magnificent expressive hands and this cheeky smile. A dancer. A singer. Writer. Pure expression. Limitless. Moving with sincere reverence for the DIVINE. For life. For the present. We’re Still learning from YOU honored to have witnessed and worked with YOU. Ahead of the times. We lost a LIGHT. An Ancestor too soon. This hurts. No post , no words can honor him rightly. My Deepest condolences to his friends and family, I can not imagine...
*Chad and I were in The Express (my first job) and 42(Jackie Robinson Biopic) together. I keep seeing this image...We’d shoot in these stadiums(filled w extras) and between set ups in the middle of the empty field stood this black man from South Carolina doing khemetic yoga moving energy with the number 42 ( MAAT) on his back bathed in sunlight...BRIGHT. Messenger. **** it feels like he was showing us...Through heroes and being one himself, how to Dig fearlessly into purpose. Despite the hardship or pain. start now. Please Lift up his family ya’ll.life.​

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

wonder if they regret killing of Killmonger
So there will be a new BP? It just won’t be T’Challa?

Yeah pretty much. We saw T'Challa become Black Panther after his father died in Civil War. Black Panther the movie picks up on it with T'Challa fighting for the right to keep the Black Panther title.

We then see T'Challa loose the Black Panther title through the same ritual.

The real question is how will they write up T'Challa's death.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
wonder if they regret killing of Killmonger

Yeah pretty much. We saw T'Challa become Black Panther after his father died in Civil War. Black Panther the movie picks up on it with T'Challa fighting for the right to keep the Black Panther title.

We then see T'Challa loose the Black Panther title through the same ritual.

The real question is how will they write up T'Challa's death.

I don't think as a WRITER Coogler will

Killmomger story was TOLD and it was powerful and resonated and was IMPORTANT to not only BP and MCU...

but I think CULTURALLY for US.

besides that?

You COULD bring him back..

use the snap, use Namor, use Doctor Strange, use the fact he was one of the last and only people to drink from the heart shaped root.

but there is something POWERFUL about him DYING for his beliefs.

I don't know if bringing him back could mess with that.

and NO ONE wants to do that.

Last edited: