Black Women Have Highest Rate of Children with Different Fathers Study says:

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only problem I see here is if said women can't support their children. The idea of one mate for life for a human being is Asinine and runs against our genetic predispositions. There have been many societies where group marriage or Polyandry has been practiced not to mention communal societies that raise kids as a communal responsibility. Essentially that is what's happening here in a roundabout way. You can concoct all the crazy religious non-sense you want (Abrahamic Religions and the like) to suppress Human sexuality but, it will have its say. It will be expressed. What they should do is a study based on access to common sense sex education and birth control or based on Religiosity of the household. From that we might learn something.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
The only problem I see here is if said women can't support their children. The idea of one mate for life for a human being is Asinine and runs against our genetic predispositions. There have been many societies where group marriage or Polyandry has been practiced not to mention communal societies that raise kids as a communal responsibility. Essentially that is what's happening here in a roundabout way. You can concoct all the crazy religious non-sense you want (Abrahamic Religions and the like) to suppress Human sexuality but, it will have its say. It will be expressed. What they should do is a study based on access to common sense sex education and birth control or based on Religiosity of the household. From that we might learn something.

Glad you mentioned this because a lot of folks think that’s the question. Can they afford to have a child on their own. Unfortunately, that’s not really the question at all. The flip side of our reality is the fact that the majority of those born out of wedlock will be born into poverty. Technically your question has already been answered.

As far as human sexuality? I imagine a man is a man is a man and sex is what it is. I’m not sure if I’m willing to say we (Blacks) are hyper-sexual compared to others who do not share this problem. Remember, the topic is out of wedlock births, not marriage.

Lastly, I know I’m going to step on some toes but I believe fathers are the best teachers when it comes to sons. Take a look at Black women as a collective. Have they ever seen a fight or argument not worth having? One of the most important lessons fathers teach sons is risk. Simply put some fights aren’t worth risking your life. Look around. Am I the only one seeing our young boys and men displaying bitchlistic tendencies? Why? No father. The exhibit the same no filter having shit as Black women except it’s in a 200lb body. Disagree? Do you know what’s the most common trait among prisoners? Fatherlessness. Peace

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
Once I read the thread I knew the first posts were going to be some deflection shit or blame the white man....this is an obvious problem in our community for how long now

Don’t get frustrated by this because for our community every conversation is the equivalent of an intersection. Turn left and we talk history, the White man and how “he” is the origin, thus the blame for all our ills. Any talk about the actual issue turns into a history lesson. Turn right and dig into the actual issue and how we contribute to them.

the_male_feminist

BANNED
Registered
Don’t get frustrated by this because for our community every conversation is the equivalent of an intersection. Turn left and we talk history, the White man and how “he” is the origin, thus the blame for all our ills. Any talk about the actual issue turns into a history lesson. Turn right and dig into the actual issue and how we contribute to them.
Smart intellegent man

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad you mentioned this because a lot of folks think that’s the question. Can they afford to have a child on their own. Unfortunately, that’s not really the question at all. The flip side of our reality is the fact that the majority of those born out of wedlock will be born into poverty. Technically your question has already been answered.

As far as human sexuality? I imagine a man is a man is a man and sex is what it is. I’m not sure if I’m willing to say we (Blacks) are hyper-sexual compared to others who do not share this problem. Remember, the topic is out of wedlock births, not marriage.

Lastly, I know I’m going to step on some toes but I believe fathers are the best teachers when it comes to sons. Take a look at Black women as a collective. Have they ever seen a fight or argument not worth having? One of the most important lessons fathers teach sons is risk. Simply put some fights aren’t worth risking your life. Look around. Am I the only one seeing our young boys and men displaying bitchlistic tendencies? Why? No father. The exhibit the same no filter having shit as Black women except it’s in a 200lb body. Disagree? Do you know what’s the most common trait among prisoners? Fatherlessness. Peace

Interesting take. However, Prisons have many folks from so-called good homes. Plenty of people born in wedlock are born into poverty. In fact a lot of marriages that exist at this moment are going to be gone in two years or less due to money problems. Many Americans are poor and just don't realize it.

https://eand.co/why-america-is-the-worlds-first-poor-rich-country-17f5a80e444a

When its all said and done the stress of day to day life and its Unique Challenges for African Americans takes its toll on relationships. Hence why you may find yourself rolling through people. Just don't produce any extra people along the way. As far as Woman raising Boys, the truth is plenty of Men out here passing stupidity and ignorance on as Wisdom to their sons and daughters. Likewise, all mothers aren't great mothers.

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here goes a thing that destroys this whole argument... Us has a high rate of divorce...people can be in relationships for yrs even decades...are they suppose to stop trying to find another partner once their initial relationship ends of should they be allow to find someone new to love? Well what usually ends up in long term relationships? Kids... So lots of people can have 2 diff partners who they have kids with...a 14 yr relationship creates 1 child and a new relationship may create another... They not gonna post the fact that some females and males have kids in diff long term relationships they juss gonna say black women have various baby daddies to perpetuate like black women are highly promiscuous reckless females...I already peep the narrative they want you to believe

true....this happens from time to time

but we all know men and women who have multiple children with different fathers that have never been married at all....

i personally have a cousin with 9 kids....9....all with different men.....

lets not act like all these kids are coming from decade long relationships

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
true....this happens from time to time

but we all know men and women who have multiple children with different fathers that have never been married at all....

i personally have a cousin with 9 kids....9....all with different men.....

lets not act like all these kids are coming from decade long relationships
I never said all kids are born from decade old relationships... I said all kids ain't from 1 night stands, fuck buddy situation, less than 1 yr relationship... Notice anytime these threads come up the first thing that comes out to bash black women is to pick the lowest of the low situations and act like each situation is t hat representation... Ull hear welfare recipients, broads fucking thugs, low education, promiscuous whores, etc... Notice none of those comments are positive or point to other reasons why some situations have lead to single parent homes... You could be a father and your child mother died and that's why you a single parent not no other negative reason...juss adding another side to the storyline instead of the same ole Shi t on black people rant that some people seem to get enjoyment out of on here

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
Interesting take. However, Prisons have many folks from so-called good homes. Plenty of people born in wedlock are born into poverty. In fact a lot of marriages that exist at this moment are going to be gone in two years or less due to money problems. Many Americans are poor and just don't realize it.

https://eand.co/why-america-is-the-worlds-first-poor-rich-country-17f5a80e444a

When its all said and done the stress of day to day life and its Unique Challenges for African Americans takes its toll on relationships. Hence why you may find yourself rolling through people. Just don't produce any extra people along the way. As far as Woman raising Boys, the truth is plenty of Men out here passing stupidity and ignorance on as Wisdom to their sons and daughters. Likewise, all mothers aren't great mothers.

Here's my take. When you say, "Prisons have many folks from so-called good homes." you're doing what was discussed earlier in the thread. You're using exceptions to distort the rule. The rule, unfortunately, is that the majority (keyword) of prisoners regardless of race have this one thing in common. When you say, "Plenty of people born in wedlock are born into poverty." you overlook the fact that the word is socioeconomic, not just economic. While the hurdles of poverty still exist, we would have to ignore social impact of having a nuclear family versus a single-parent household. I agree there are plenty of men as you say "passing stupidity and ignorance on as Wisdom to their sons and daughters" but let me ask this question. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered
I came from a family of six with not father in the house and my mother raise up all well and we are all doing great so fuck the white man and his study and FUCK YOU FOR POSTING IT
post a study of how strong our black women are if you want to post something . MAKE ME THINK YOUR ASS MY BE WHITE

Shut the fuck up you Gotdamn white luciferian cracka ass Cac devil! :angry:

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's my take. When you say, "Prisons have many folks from so-called good homes." you're doing what was discussed earlier in the thread. You're using exceptions to distort the rule. The rule, unfortunately, is that the majority (keyword) of prisoners regardless of race have this one thing in common. When you say, "Plenty of people born in wedlock are born into poverty." you overlook the fact that the word is socioeconomic, not just economic. While the hurdles of poverty still exist, we would have to ignore social impact of having a nuclear family versus a single-parent household. I agree there are plenty of men as you say "passing stupidity and ignorance on as Wisdom to their sons and daughters" but let me ask this question. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Considering Western Civilization started up to its neck in ignorance and then its bastard child spread that disease to this continent one would have to concede that both the chicken and the egg are fucked up from day one. So even under the best of conditions, we have been wrong. The Nuclear family is a popular lie and in a so-called free society that should not be an unwritten requirement for social acceptance or a successful life. Now that women have options for how they live their lives things are never going to be the same. That's a good thing. If we as a society can stop worrying about how people get here and start worrying about "here". We have a society obsessed with things instead of people. It's catching up with us. The US Birthrate has been falling for years and that includes minorities. Folks are realizing they can't afford kids and when they do they having them later. Which makes studies about mothers with children by multiple fathers kind of worthless.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
Considering Western Civilization started up to its neck in ignorance and then its bastard child spread that disease to this continent one would have to concede that both the chicken and the egg are fucked up from day one. So even under the best of conditions, we have been wrong. The Nuclear family is a popular lie and in a so-called free society that should not be an unwritten requirement for social acceptance or a successful life. Now that women have options for how they live their lives things are never going to be the same. That's a good thing. If we as a society can stop worrying about how people get here and start worrying about "here". We have a society obsessed with things instead of people. It's catching up with us. The US Birthrate has been falling for years and that includes minorities. Folks are realizing they can't afford kids and when they do they having them later. Which makes studies about mothers with children by multiple fathers kind of worthless.

You write, "The Nuclear family is a popular lie and in a so-called free society that should not be an unwritten requirement for social acceptance or a successful life. Now that women have options for how they live their lives things are never going to be the same." I beg to differ. The nuclear family clearly exists. Like every living, breathing entity it's in a constant state of evolution. The family of the 30's isn't the family of the 60's, 90's, etc. If one is going to assert that a) it doesn't exist or b) it doesn't matter than the next logical step would be to show how the rates mean nothing from one demographic to another. Suggesting there's no difference would be disingenuous. Suggesting that if we took a ride through affluent, upper-middle and middle class neighborhoods versus poor ones we wouldn't see the "nuclear" family at an alarmingly higher rate would be dishonest.

You write, "If we as a society can stop worrying about how people get here and start worrying about "here". We have a society obsessed with things instead of people. It's catching up with us. The US Birthrate has been falling for years and that includes minorities. Folks are realizing they can't afford kids and when they do they having them later. Which makes studies about mothers with children by multiple fathers kind of worthless.

All of the studies are about analyzing the folks who are "here" as you say. The data collected over decades of study exists and frankly it's easy to see what caused all the changes and their effects on the body. Let's say for the sake of argument that there's a decline in birthrates across the line. You say, "Folks are realizing they can't afford kids and when they do they having them later." Is that the reason? That logic was usually reserved for people lead more calculated lives. Or is this a case of simple evolution? Good debate. Peace.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And id bet you no one on this forum would say 60% of the black women they know have multiple children by multiple men.
This is bgol lot of cacs, self haters, and black women bashers on here so a few with...never underestimate the black basher agenda on this board...Notice you hardly ever get people "finding" positive stats or articles on here... The positive black threads get pretty much no input or responses...but something negative about black people multiple pages

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know several white women and Hispanic women with kids from multiple men....your point?
When you say propaganda that means misleading or biased information. My point is, that from my observation it's more common than uncommon to find Black women with several children to have multiple fathers of those kids. So 60% doesn't seem farfetched to me.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
When you say propaganda that means misleading or biased information. My point is, that from my observation it's more common than uncommon to find Black women with several children to have multiple fathers of those kids. So 60% doesn't seem farfetched to me.

The statistics are whatever they are at this moment in time. The fact is there are plenty of negative statistics out there when it comes to Black folk. When you have a two hundred plus year of free labor combined with unemployment and than under employment there are going to be a lot of negative "social" statistics. Not talking about them won't make them go away. The problem is not enough people are talking about them. Hell it's 2019 and muthafuckas still use "vs." when talking about darker and lighter complexioned Blacks as if it's a boxing match.

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Whatever works for you guy.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
No one is suggesting that Black women are somehow "less" than their non-Black counterparts because of this statistic. The statistic exists for a number of reasons. One happens to unrelated to Black women and that's Black men. It would be easy to say the only guys out here adding to those numbers are dummies and social misfits but that wouldn't be true. There are men, college educated men, who add to the numbers. Some do it intentionally. Why? Truth? Their desire for children is hardwired but the desire to (as another poster pointed out earlier) have a) a monogamous relationship and or b) nuclear family is lacking. I have a friend who was a Chemical Engineer who even mapped the costs out based on state law. In his view (and he ain't lying if you ask married men), the 30% he'd be required to pay for his child was less than turning over 100% of his paycheck to a woman trying to fulfill her bucket list. That shit cracks me up to this day.....(lol)

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Fact of the matter is women have a lot of choices when it comes to reproduction that is backed by the law men do not.

Women can abort the pregnancy without the mans consent if he wanted the kid or not, she can give it up for adoption if she decides to birth it, or she can have the kid without involvement of the father.

She has these rights if she was raped or the sex was consensual. It’s all completely HER choice.

Now what rights do men have (BACKED BY LAW) to reproduction? Saying a man should pull out or abstains from sex isn’t a right it’s just what your doing when your not having sex. Men have no reproduction rights, a mans involvement depends entirely on what she decides to do or not do.

So why with all these reproductive options are women still carrying this weight? Women have these children because they want them not because they are forced to or have no choice.

It’s a fact saddling yourself with the responsibility of several kids before you are ready or able to care for them is a burden, a burden that limits your choices and opportunities in life. When you start having this many kids it’s not about what you want anymore from a man or a relationship it’s all about those kids. That’s where the focus needs to be.

Sadly it’s jist way too many women and young girls limiting their opportunities by having all these kids.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How do you compete with folks who plan their child's education before the kid is born?
By doing the same!

I been looking for a house since April, I put an offer on one today.. I'm looking at schools in the area as well as alternative education options. I am not a father, nor am I expecting.
We have to broaden our perspective on life. A one year plan isn't enough, just like one stream of income isn't sufficient.

I'm by no means perfect, nor do I have all the answers. But I do know I want my children to wake up under the same roof as their father, and have access to great education, safe environment, healthy & happy home life.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whatever da case, I ain't got no churn, don't none'a this got shit to do w/me. :dunno:
It does tho, mane.
If you ever want children, you should plan ahead, for their sake and for yours.

If you never want kids, and never father any... you can still pass on the knowledge and wisdom to other people, both men and women, along with "churn".

We have to know our worth as resources and benefits to our community.

We know you say some off the wall stuff, but we also know YOU GOT PLENTY SENSE!

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
That's used way too fucking much. It defies fucking logic to me. It's basically conceding the argument.
The statistics are whatever they are at this moment in time. The fact is there are plenty of negative statistics out there when it comes to Black folk. When you have a two hundred plus year of free labor combined with unemployment and than under employment there are going to be a lot of negative "social" statistics. Not talking about them won't make them go away. The problem is not enough people are talking about them. Hell it's 2019 and muthafuckas still use "vs." when talking about darker and lighter complexioned Blacks as if it's a boxing match.
Again, the problem is that people we don't like talk about them. That's why you see all these crazy assaults on logic when topics like this come up. It's cool to have posts discussing other stats, but when shit like this comes out, don't post it. Don't talk about it. FOH. Fuck that echo chamber bullshit.

Can have threads on cacs killing themselves or population decline, but the moment it's a stat about the black community it's time to pull up the rug and brush that shit under it. :smh:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Women need to be encouraged not to limit their options. To put off having kids until they are financially fit and stable enough to have them and take care of them.

I meet too many young women who have kids because their friends are having kids.

Or get pregnant because they are bored and don’t know what to do. Or out of depression get pregnant thinking it will give them direction.

There is never any talk of marriage or a mans involvement I always have to interject that into the discussion.

I think women need to understand that their womanhood is more than just birthing children and being a mother. Having kids isn’t gonna make you any more a woman it’s not their only purpose.

They gotta stop limiting their choices and opportunities before they have reached goals or pursued ambitions in life. Don’t tie yourself down with kids so soon.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the desire to (as another poster pointed out earlier) have a) a monogamous relationship and or b) nuclear family is lacking.
OK! So let's unpack this.

Let's be honest, "a) the desire to have a monogamous relationship is lacking" has multiple causes, both social & economic. I struggle with it myself and I'm not sure it's 100% natural, but I do know that we as men are capable of whatever we want if we have the will, so if we set our minds to having and maintaining a monogamous relationship, we would do a better job at it.

B) the desire to have a nuclear family is lacking.
We have acknowledge this is in part caused by so many of us not seeing the model of a nuclear family, at least I know I didn't. Also, we have to fully understand our place in the family, community, and society, enough to accept responsibility for our roles and step into these roles with confidence.

I'm a business owner so I learned my worth through the context of business, and then I had to learn how to leverage my value to have the maximum effect & get results.
Like Nipsey Hussle said, "I 360 myself and I exercise control"

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Women can abort the pregnancy without the mans consent if he wanted the kid or not, she can give it up for adoption if she decides to birth it, or she can have the kid without involvement of the father.

Men have no reproduction rights, a mans involvement depends entirely on what she decides to do or not do.

That's why men have to exercise control on the front end and only deal with women that have been better and are on the same page as the man. (Yea, I know.. nothing is 100% effective in human nature)

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My childhood friends and I are all products of two-parent households. When Black America was (and this is crazy) upset that the Cosby show didn't depict actual Black families we were confused as hell because it was our reality. As we got older and expanded our backyard it was inevitable that we would cross paths with brothas and sistas who did not share our background. The difference is we recognized the we were the exception and not the rule. Healthy debate has to start with recognizing the world is bigger than your own backyard.

I have a funny story. I have a friend that went to college the same time as me. I loved the Cosby Show and A Different World growing up. He had the belief that the Cosby Show wasn't believable because Cliff was a doctor and his wife was a lawyer. Guess what happened? He became a lawyer and his wife became a lawyer turned law professor. I joked with him once asking him if he was tv show that was not believable lol. He knew exactly why I said it.

This discussion about sex and the black community ironically was shown on Good Times. It touched upon father figures and the family unit and double standards and even a touch of older men with young girls(R Kelly alert).

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
I have a funny story. I have a friend that went to college the same time as me. I loved the Cosby Show and A Different World growing up. He had the belief that the Cosby Show wasn't believable because Cliff was a doctor and his wife was a lawyer. Guess what happened? He became a lawyer and his wife became a lawyer turned law professor. I joked with him once asking him if he was tv show that was not believable lol. He knew exactly why I said it.

This discussion about sex and the black community ironically was shown on Good Times. It touched upon father figures and the family unit and double standards and even a touch of older men with young girls(R Kelly alert).

The older male, younger girl thing is real unfortunately.