Black Women Have Highest Rate of Children with Different Fathers Study says:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
This isn't a HATE BLACK WOMEN post. It's a discussion of a study (faulty or not)
Who's at fault in these situations? And if it's BOTH, then how do we turn it around?

https://wzakcleveland.com/2665761/black-women-have-highest-rate-of-children-with-different-fathers/

A new study shows that the rate of American women who have children with multiple fathers, also called “multiple-father family structure,” is “pervasive.”

According to the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth, 1 in 5 American Moms has kids with different birth fathers.

And you probably already know what’s next.

Black Mothers lead the list: 59 percent of us have children with more than one father, while Hispanics come in second place at 35 percent and whites come in last at 22 percent.

985Share
According to the study’s author Cassandra Dorius, a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research, “[Mothers with multiple fathers for their children] are more likely to be underemployed, to have lower incomes and to be less educated.”

According to the study, families with multiple fathers are stressed out, with issues often arising about how to consistently raise a child in different households:

“Everyday decisions are more complex and family rules are more ambiguous,” Dorius says. “Families need to figure out who lives with whom and when, who pays for things like clothing, who is responsible for child support.”

The most unsettling theory about the high rate of children with different fathers is when the study considers what the outcome will be for the children involved:

“It’s possible that some of these kids will be multiply disadvantaged.”

Esteemed psychologist of the “Today Show” and resident psychologist of VH-1’s “Daddy Day Camp” Dr. Jeff Gardere, talked with BlackVoices.com about this issue:

“In the past, multiple fathers was more of a product of poverty and the ravages of racism in the black community. And we do know that it caused more conflict and confusion for the kids and a harder time for mom’s to manage.”

Unlike study author Dorius’ assessment, Dr. Gardere doesn’t see a bleak picture for the majority of children who are brought up in households with multiple fathers:

“Kids can still thrive psychologically when there has been more than one father in the lives of their families.”

To Dr. Gardere, this latest study actually exposes a positive development in society:

“I believe that instead of just seeing this as a deficit issue, I want to look at it from a strength base view point. It now seems this phenomenon may be based not just on poverty and racism, but more on the issues of lower marriage rates, higher divorce rates, less available men who are willing to totally commit and women who can either go it alone or manage the situation with multiple fathers.”

Honestly, I think we do ourselves — and our children — a disservice by trying to put a positive spin on these findings. It is no secret that many of our children are not only growing up with multiple fathers but without fathers.

And we see how far that has gotten us.

I think I can speak for most black women that no one plans to have children by different men. For many of these women, the children produced with different men occur in unplanned pregnancies.

Now sure, many will argue that black women definitely need to be more discerning about the men that they sleep with and use birth control — and they are right.

But it isn’t as though some black women haven’t been able to come up with this on their own. There are, albeit not as many, a number of black women, who I know personally, who refuse to have a child out of wedlock. Some of these women are still waiting to conceive deep in to their 40s with no suitor in sight.

So there is a problem.

And the other side of that problem is indeed some black men.

For some of those hardworking Mothers with different baby daddys, there is a major discrepancy between what they and their significant other want. I don’t know how many black men I’ve seen who will date the Mother of their children for years.

These men love their children and more often than not take care of their responsibilities, but when it comes to making the relationships they have with their women official, there’s a lot of backpedaling.

When I have asked jokingly (no pressure) when they are going to put a ring on their lady’s finger, they are quick to say that they aren’t the marrying type — too bad they didn’t realize that they also aren’t the father type.

And when said woman gets tired of waiting, she often breaks it off with her child’s father and starts the next relationship anew, hoping that this relationship will be the one that finally elevates her from “girlfriend” and “baby’s mama” to “wife.”

And for many, their day hasn’t come yet: the last wasted relationship is followed by yet another and another, and children are unfortunately created in between.

Black women need to shoulder their share of the responsibility about using birth control until a man has proven that he wants to be in a committed relationship (read: married). But there is an equally troubling issue with some black men: why are they comfortable “dating” their baby mama for 10 years and never making it official, causing many of these kids to be born out of wedlock?

This question — and so many others — needs answering.

We owe it to our children.

Last edited:

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered
This is because sucker ass niggas are supportin this shit. As long as these broads have a supply of thirsty simps on deck, they will be forever doling out pussy like cards for any dumb thirsty nigga that wants to become her next victim in her spiderweb of child support payments. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad hath warned us that these women are a creation of white luciferian devil and tells us to stay away from these whores and focus on becoming good mooslums so that we can date NOI Islamic women who are willing to become a part of a the black man's harem of polygamy. For this is what the Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches us is the most sacred of marital systems for the black man in the hells of north amerikkka. :yes:

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
It wouldn't bother if every parent just took responsibility and made sure the kids are still raised with love. My mom had kids with 3 different men and my dad had kids with 3 different women. But my mom's kids are the stable ones based on how she raised us.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
It wouldn't bother if every parent just took responsibility and made sure the kids are still raised with love. My mom had kids with 3 different men and my dad had kids with 3 different women. But my mom's kids are the stable ones based on how she raised us.

The problem is that shit is messy. When you have multiple kids by multiple people, some of those kids are going to be neglected or "left out". We see this all the time, when one kid's dad is showing up, picking up his kid, buying him nice clothe and the other kid's fathers aren't checking on them or remembering birthdays. It breeds jealousy and anger down the line.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dudes got multiple baby mamas, women got multiple baby daddies. Just one big fucked up blended family.

the_male_feminist

BANNED
Registered

No surprise here. Black women are truly lost. Not to say black men arent. But a lost black woman needs spiritual guidance only a man can offer.

Hence the reason women go to male preachers and male spirtual guiders and not female.

There is a reason your jim jones and other cult leaders are allways men...

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered
Ultimately, women control reproduction in this country. Cats going to shoot their shot relentlessly. It's up to women to make better choices. Simple as that.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches us to STOP letting women make the choices, because they do not have the mindset needed to make the RIGHT and BEST choices, and they must be guided by a man who is a student of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad.

kogalee muhammad

BANNED
Registered

No surprise here. Black women are truly lost. Not to say black men arent. But a lost black woman needs spiritual guidance only a man can offer.

Hence the reason women go to male preachers and male spirtual guiders and not female.

And that man needs to be a mooslum and islamic student of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. :yes:

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

what is this shit? :hmm:

the_male_feminist

BANNED
Registered
The problem is that shit is messy. When you have multiple kids by multiple people, some of those kids are going to be neglected or "left out". We see this all the time, when one kid's dad is showing up, picking up his kid, buying him nice clothe and the other kid's fathers aren't checking on them or remembering birthdays. It breeds jealousy and anger down the line.
That is why the father should give the woman money and she shares it with both children. That is cold and some bitch made shit for a man to buy only his son presents at Christmas and not his brother

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@Drayonis this is NOT some easy to answer issue.

and this in way REFLECTS on Black and Latino women or men.

and is complicated as hell and goes WAY back.

And it isn't just a matter of sex...

there is a societal and economic and religious component at play here too.

If we are to BELIEVE these numbers are ACCURATE?

we need to know the AGES of these women, the ages of these men

are the fathers alive? are they incarcerated?

was there sexual abuse involved or domestic violence?

was sex education available? what about abortion?

I can say this a s man who GREW up in the era were this was much more prevalent...

this is NOT as common as BEFORE and I don't even think I really BELIEVE these numbers and need to see them more closely

SHE apparently is the author

and she been on this for almost a decade.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
it's gon get real stupid in here

giphy.gif

*two cents*

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@Drayonis

https://www.npr.org/2011/04/05/135139796/the-root-looking-behind-studies-of-single-moms

An important message that doesn't appear to be getting through is just how hard it is to raise a child as a single parent. "While these women tended to be poorer than others to begin with, their whole lifetimes continue to be disadvantaged," she said.

The number of studies that come out about women and children is simply astonishing, and the angle is always the same: Children are suffering because of the choices of the mother. We're wondering where the study is about the number of men with children by multiple women? Men usually are somewhere around the scene of the crime when pregnancies occur, yet they get off of the hook when it comes to studies on populations, marriage, divorce and abortion.

If women are having children by multiple men, shouldn't there be a correlation to the number of men having children with multiple women? Even though these numbers are trotted out as data, they are often used to attack poor women, specifically women of color. No, we're not disputing the data, but we are interested in hearing a study that actually asks why women are making these decisions, as opposed to reinscribing dominant ideologies on the choices that women make.

The suggestion that women don't realize how hard it is to raise a child alone is ridiculous. Does the author of the study think that women are that stupid? Where is the study on the benefits of being raised in a single-parent home or of having multiple parental figures in your life?

Perhaps watching married women, many of whom function as single mothers because they are the primary caretakers of children, is the reason women are choosing single motherhood. While we keep making moral judgments about women who have children by multiple partners or out of wedlock, perhaps the reason is a rational one. What is the benefit of marriage when you will more than likely be raising the child by yourself anyway? If you're poor, middle class, black or brown, you'll be working outside of the home on top of it.

Why do people assume that women actually want children by different men? Sometimes things don't work out — domestic battery, financial stress, philandering, verbal abuse or growing apart — but women aren't supposed to move forward because they have a child? Keep waiting for that to happen, while we keep waiting for studies that don't demonize women to happen.

Bawse Nigguh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll put it to you like this... you can only be responsible for yourself. Individuals make up a society. As a individual I CHOOSE not to be procreate with women who have children. Just like there are women who CHOOSE not to have babies by different dudes. People act like things just happen. Things happen because you ALLOW them to happen. Unless rape occurs, you have control over who you reproduce with. There is no point in looking into how to reverse the situation because we are not a hive mind. What we as humans hate is being told what to do and how to do it. Worry about yourself and help who wants to be helped. The best way to avoid a problem is not to be a part of it.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Come on Gene... Cats need to take some responsibility . So you feel nighas should be able to just bust off in random hoes without fear of consequence?
It's just the way humans have been hardwired man. Women have to turn down suitors and be ultra selective. Men have been shooting shots, busting in women, and then dipping out since before farming. The only thing changed is that pussy is easier to get now than it has ever been in human history.

Answer yourself this question: What does a modern women in the U.S. risk by having a baby?