Black Lives Matter founder buys $1.4 million home in Topanga, which has a black population of 1.4%

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Do Criminal lawyers live in crime infested neighborhoods?
If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsy pop?

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not co-signing how she got the money

But a quick Zillow search would show you $1.4m crib in LA is not insanely outrageous

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not co-signing how she got the money

But a quick Zillow search would show you $1.4m crib in LA is not insanely outrageous
3034c30f4e9a3eb6f9b1aff18aa9751d.jpeg

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
For those who keep saying that $1.4 million is not that much in LA, let me remind you that the median income in LA for black folks is $40K. The median price of a home in LA is $700K. We have to be honest that $1.4 million exceeds all metrics.

In addition, the LA home is the 4th home. They (her and her wife) have a $400K ranch in Georgia with 4 acres along with two other properties.

In healthcare, when we are making purchases we tend to be very concerned with optics. Although an act may be 100% legit, how it looks to the public differs from reality. Then perception becomes reality.

$1.4 million is $1.4 million. It doesn't matter if the area commands that. The alternative should have been, find a home somewhere else.

Activists should be compensated. BLM doesn't have members. Therefore the founders of the chapters are the chief stewards of all funds received. The chapters with the best marketing wins. The others must use avenues like gofund me to finance activities. It's a flawed model.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
For those who keep saying that $1.4 million is not that much in LA, let me remind you that the median income in LA for black folks is $40K. The median price of a home in LA is $700K. We have to be honest that $1.4 million exceeds all metrics.

In addition, the LA home is the 4th home. They (her and her wife) have a $400K ranch in Georgia with 4 acres along with two other properties.

In healthcare, when we are making purchases we tend to be very concerned with optics. Although an act may be 100% legit, how it looks to the public differs from reality. Then perception becomes reality.

$1.4 million is $1.4 million. It doesn't matter if the area commands that. The alternative should have been, find a home somewhere else.

Activists should be compensated. BLM doesn't have members. Therefore the founders of the chapters are the chief stewards of all funds received. The chapters with the best marketing wins. The others must use avenues like gofund me to finance activities. It's a flawed model.

How many times do I have to tell you and others like Supersav, gene cisco, and KingTaharqa that THIS IS BGOL!! We don't believe in facts and data and statistical information and critical thinking or any of that other bullshit here!! Miss me with that "median income" and "median price" shit! And please don't try to come in here with a Color of Wealth Los Angeles report to reinforce what you're saying!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
So is the bitch stealing or not? 1.4 million really isn't bad for LA, but if she is using funds for it, she needs to have staff working there, outreach programs and help lines.

Or is she another hustler?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
First, I'm not a ni$%a. Second, I guess I'm "po" according to your standards because $1.4 million is significant to me.

But, lets put real items to your "po" claim. This is a $1.3 million house in LA. I would challenge anyone who says this is a low standard of living.

5e34c67496388d5a63b92c8307c3a65f-p_h.jpg

d1510585b91679fd2ffe5e73c64b838e-p_h.jpg

But, now let's talk real researchable and verifiable stats.

Median household income for black folk in LA is $40,650 compared to the Los Angeles County
median of $55,750.

This is 4.4% less than the median across the state.

Why do we want to pretend like black folk are ball in? We are hurting. People were begging for stimulus checks, but a $1.4 million home ain't ish?

BGOL Bizarro World strikes again.
Not to be devils advocate here, but fuck a median. What's the median educational level for a black man in your age group? High school? Colege dropout?

My mother in laws house she purchased in the mid 90's for 200K is 1.1 million now. You couldn't get me to live there. Here are some examples from her area.

19-482636_0.jpg

2 bd1 ba 945 sqft
2408 S Redondo Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016
Sold: $1,420,000 Sold on 01/08/21Zestimate®: $1,461,926

Again, those of you who don't live in LA, or are from this market have a lot to learn about the price of an "average" home in LA

Not defending her if she's a grifter, but the price tag really isn't shit. Houses are 800K plus in Compton

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
That's all there is to it.

You don't have to be a pauper
You definitely can't buy houses with funds that's supposed to help.
This part. Take a salary and be transparent about what you're making. If not, shut this hoe down.
Unfortunately, she and her wife have bought 4 homes total all under the name of the organization.

Why? Because this make the homes tax exempt property taxes are a mf. They do not have to worry about that now.

Also, as long as she is conducting black lives matter business out of the homes and receiving BLM correspondence to the listed addresses, as far as the government is concerned, she's legit.

Churches do this as well. Most preachers homes are purchased by the church using the churches non-profit status to forgo taxes.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Unfortunately, she and her wife have bought 4 homes total all under the name of the organization.

Why? Because this make the homes tax exempt property taxes are a mf. They do not have to worry about that now.

Also, as long as she is conducting black lives matter business out of the homes and receiving BLM correspondence to the listed addresses, as far as the government is concerned, she's legit.

Churches do this as well. Most preachers homes are purchased by the church using the churches non-profit status to forgo taxes.
And all of its wrong lol

The argument isn't oh this is how it's done
That's never a good argument for anything that's wrong

A lot of things are done that have been changed

Shit laws with giving us rights were simply "how it's done" until they changed

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
And all of its wrong lol

Unfortunately, this is how our financial system is set up. Tax laws and codes are set up to benefit the wealthy and those in the know.

On a related note, my wife's job bought her a new car two years ago under the company's name as a bonus. The owner of the company just asked her if she wanted to trade it in for a new one. I had to explain to my wife that the owner wrote the entire cost of the vehicle off as a business expense. Then they depreciate the value annually and are able to do it again. Crazy and legal.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
And all of its wrong lol

Unfortunately, this is how are financial system is set up. Tax laws and codes are set up to benefit the wealthy and those in the know.

On a related note, my wife's job bought her a new car two years ago under the company's name as a bonus. The owner of the company just asked her if she wanted to trade it in for a new one. I had to explain to my wife that the owner wrote the entire cost of the vehicle off as a business expense. Then they depreciate the value annually and are able to do it again. Crazy and legal.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Unfortunately, this is how our financial system is set up. Tax laws and codes are set up to benefit the wealthy and those in the know.

The whole home needs to be used as a blm workplace if it's in the name of the foundation.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

It is

But also your wife's company is for profit lol

So if a non profit seems to be profiting and benefitting the ppl up top and not the people it's tasked to help then there's a problem

My broad worked for a non profit
Noble one
The up tops made 6 figures a year
The ppl they were supposed to help got bare minimum she only stayed as long as she did cause she cared about the people she helped
She's moved on to for profit work
So I know very much how it moves and it's all wrong

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Exactly.
These needs to be hubs

Like if ever bought apartment buildings
Or commercial properties this wouldn't be a conversation.

That's clearly going to help

But just houses lol for you in the company name that's a free house
No.

Buy the house out of your salary
This is how it's being positioned, as hubs. The homes are in Georgia, LA, NY, and one in the midwest.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Yes, that is her job. Her wife also has a job as co-founder of another chapter.

It is not illegal for administrators to be paid by non-profits. In fact, this is common practice. In most non-profits, 65% of all funding goes to salaries.

:hmm:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
The struggle hustle is big business for those who do the hustle. Not my funds but it should go towards land and infrastructure. JMHO

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The optics are crazy, glad I understand this is THE GAME, when I hear people thats on the super bliggidy black tip they either are lacing there pockets, or getting fleeced because there vision is cloudy. Love our people but Im taking care of me and my family first....

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
So is the bitch stealing or not? 1.4 million really isn't bad for LA, but if she is using funds for it, she needs to have staff working there, outreach programs and help lines.

Or is she another hustler?
It is

But also your wife's company is for profit lol

So if a non profit seems to be profiting and benefitting the ppl up top and not the people it's tasked to help then there's a problem

My broad worked for a non profit
Noble one
The up tops made 6 figures a year
The ppl they were supposed to help got bare minimum she only stayed as long as she did cause she cared about the people she helped
She's moved on to for profit work
So I know very much how it moves and it's all wrong
The optics are crazy, glad I understand this is THE GAME, when I hear people thats on the super bliggidy black tip they either are lacing there pockets, or getting fleeced because there vision is cloudy. Love our people but Im taking care of me and my family first....
So, I really really wanted this to not be true. This entire thing impacts all non-profits that benefit the black struggle. It has been revealed that there are two more properties in the LA area that were purchased somewhat recently. One in 2016 and the other in 2018. All of the LA area properties combined have been purchased for about $3 million. This is in addition to the properties in Georgia, NY, and the midwest. FYI, BLM took in $90 million last year. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the standard is that 65% (which is $58.5 million) of incoming funds are used for salaries. Leaving the other 35% ($31.5 million) for the cause. Again, this is why Tamir Rice's mother is so upset.

The optics of this does not bode well. However, as long as BLM business is being conducted from the properties, the non-profit status is up to date, and the tax exemption forms have been filed, there is nothing "illegal" taking place.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
So, I really really wanted this to not be true. This entire thing impacts all non-profits that benefit the black struggle. It has been revealed that there are two more properties in the LA area that were purchased somewhat recently. One in 2016 and the other in 2018. All of the LA area properties combined have been purchased for about $3 million. This is in addition to the properties in Georgia, NY, and the midwest. FYI, BLM took in $90 million last year. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the standard is that 65% (which is $58.5 million) of incoming funds are used for salaries. Leaving the other 35% ($31.5 million) for the cause. Again, this is why Tamir Rice's mother is so upset.

The optics of this does not bode well. However, as long as BLM business is being conducted from the properties, the non-profit status is up to date, and the tax exemption forms have been filed, there is nothing "illegal" taking place.

And legality was never the argument for me
It was moral bankruptcy

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

Until we hear from these folks we don't know what's going on. From what I read here the properties were purchased with funds from the organization. If that is true, then the properties belong to the organization. If they playing game with those funds and the property. Then they'll been in a world of trouble and rightfully so.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Until we hear from these folks we don't know what's going on. From what I read here the properties were purchased with funds from the organization. If that is true, then the properties belong to the organization. If they playing game with those funds and the property. Then they'll been in a world of trouble and rightfully so.
Unfortunately, they won't be in trouble. Non-profit organizations purchase properties all the time. Because she and her wife are "founders" they are the stewards of the organization and control how the money is being spent. This is why most of the funding they provide goes to LGBTQ organizations.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Unfortunately, they won't be in trouble. Non-profit organizations purchase properties all the time. Because she and her wife are "founders" they are the stewards of the organization and control how the money is being spent. This is why most of the funding they provide goes to LGBTQ organizations.
My point is if they try to be slick and convert ownership of any or all of the homes to themselves.
Then they'll be in a world of trouble.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
My point is if they try to be slick and convert ownership of any or all of the homes to themselves.
Then they'll be in a world of trouble.
I absolutely understand what you are saying. Please take what I am about to say not as an attempt to attack you but more so as an attempt to educate you.

I mentioned years ago that I teach or have taught several business courses at the university including business for non-profits. I say that to say that what I am about to share is real and researchable.

First, it is important to understand that the main difference between a non-profit and a for-profit is how the profit is distributed. In a for-profit, investors get the money. In a non-profit, an unspecified amount or percentage has to be distributed back into the organization. So, in the case of BLM, the profits of the organization go back to the organization which is 100% controlled by the founders. If they take in $100 million, $65 million could go just for salaries.

But, here is a hypothetical situation that will better explain what is happening with the homes.

Say you wanted to open a barbershop. You could open under the mission of offering free haircuts to military vets. You could operate this business as a non-profit. You could solicit donations to help your cause. You could still charge all non-military veterans a normal fee. You could/ would pay yourself 65% of all the profits including donations. Additionally, you could use any funds that came into the organization via grants, donations, or earned income to purchase a new barbershop with a luxury apartment on top. Now, you are residing in a dwelling purchased by the organization that you fully control. There would be absolutely no reason to transfer the home into your name. By keeping the purchases in the business's name, you protect yourself from ever losing the home should you as a person be sued, divorced, etc. This is why some people incorporate themselves. Yes, you can incorporate yourself and become a business, man.

Lastly, transferring the organization's money into a personal account is considered money laundering. Why? Because a drug dealer or whoever could pay you to take a large anonymous donation, you could transfer it to your account, and then give it back to the drug dealer in some creative way such as a consulting fee. However, another loophole that also happens is putting people on the non-profit's payroll to accomplish this same thing.

Unfortunately, business is a slimy industry. I do not agree with what they are doing, but what they are doing is within the lines of the law. Check around your city and do a search of non-profits. Ask yourself who are these people. Ask yourself, why in the world do preachers get to live in mansions and drive expensive cars? The non-profit game is serious.