Black Lives Matter founder buys $1.4 million home in Topanga, which has a black population of 1.4%

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, no...the SMARTPHONE has done more for publicizing the struggles of the Negro than anybody else the past decade.

BLM is a social media hashtag.
Yet before the hashtag nobody gave a damn....funny how that works.

You arent going to get me to turn on her wanting to live in a white neighborhood after all BLM has done the past half decade.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Where did BLM say it was about providing financial support for Black folks?
Its implicit and explicit in their mission statement and website you dumb bitch. Further, the platform is literally built on advocating for and assisting victims of state sanctioned violence and oppression.
I turn on British soccer and see black lives matter promoted. They have done more for publicizing the struggles of the Negro than anybody else the past decade. She can live wherever she wants.
No idiot. The people are doing the work. They just provided the most recent slogan. And again, if your non profit is built on black bodies and you cant account for the 90 million in donations and the families of victims you claim those donations will help are saying you have lied to them.. then you need to be held to account.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its implicit and explicit in their mission statement and website you dumb bitch. Further, the platform is literally built on advocating for and assisting victims of state sanctioned violence and oppression.

No idiot. The people are doing the work. They just provided the most recent slogan. And again, if your non profit is built on black bodies and you cant account for the 90 million in donations and the families of victims you claim those donations will help are saying you have lied to them.. then you need to be held to account.

Then maybe those same people should get a job and stop pocket watching her? :dunno:

This dyke doesnt owe anybody shit. Black Lives Matter

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Funny...because both Malcolm, and Martin died broke and their families had to depend on donations from friends, etc....
I guess that's what a lot of folks want for those who provide their time, life, etc....
To be broke and to have nothing.

Those are the exceptions, plus, they didn't have any corporate backing either.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whether they were the exception or not. Is that what should be the rule?
Btw you did say always.

I would argue that if they had not been assassinated, the tide was going towards them becoming more iconic than they already were.

Imagine if Sam Cooke vision would have succeeded. Imagine all the music industry backing both Martin, and Malcolm would have had. Not to mention how sports were changing.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
So what?!!

Black population of San Francisco is only 6% for the entire city and $1.4 million would barely buy you a shack in Bayview. Does anyone talk shit about BLM activists who own houses there? Are their contributions less important than those who live in East Oakland, Vallejo or Antioch?

Also, if she didn't earn enough to buy a house from BLM she would have to work a full time job doing something else and squeeze in her activism on evenings and weekends. That would be a loss for everyone involved.

Why does everyone think that activists have to take a vow of poverty to be effective at what they do?

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
I would argue that if they had not been assassinated, the tide was going towards them becoming more iconic than they already were.

Imagine if Sam Cooke vision would have succeeded. Imagine all the music industry backing both Martin, and Malcolm would have had. Not to mention how sports were changing.

Cool but I am asking should having nothing be the rule for leaders of movements?

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Those are the exceptions, plus, they didn't have any corporate backing either.

That's because Malcolm got royally screwed by the NOI. When Elijah Muhammad died they found nearly 1 million dollars worth of coins in his closet. All made from selling a newspaper Malcolm founded.

That's why Malcolm X is a cautionary tale for future activists. Don't take a vow of poverty when someone else is getting rich off your struggle.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
A anti white supremacist, gay marxist who advocates for gay black liberation, and building power in black communities who drops 1.4 million on a house in a lilly white neighborhood. :lol:
Maybe she's trying to change the neighborhood.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
That I don't like.
She's learning from Dwight, man.

There is this other BLM chapter founder who did the same thing in Ohio. However, he was indited by the feds.

Non-Profits are the modern-day legal scam. Hospitals also partake in the non-profit scam. Just imagine collecting money and not having to pay any tax whatsoever. I have a non-profit in which I pay myself a modest salary. Salaries make up about 40% of my non-profits expenses.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
So what?!!

Black population of San Francisco is only 6% for the entire city and $1.4 million would barely buy you a shack in Bayview. Does anyone talk shit about BLM activists who own houses there? Are their contributions less important than those who live in East Oakland, Vallejo or Antioch?

Also, if she didn't earn enough to buy a house from BLM she would have to work a full time job doing something else and squeeze in her activism on evenings and weekends. That would be a loss for everyone involved.

Why does everyone think that activists have to take a vow of poverty to be effective at what they do?
Here is one of those shacks you were referring to.

cb3fbfce62ff57d38896ff9ba724a059-p_h.jpg

Let's not overexagerate about $1.4 million.

However, I do agree that activist do not have to be impoverished. They have bills too.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
People often confuse nonprofit to mean a business or organization that doesn't make a profit. It's all about the mission statement.
Sorry to correct you, but a non-profit and a for profit can have the same mission statement. But, I understand your point.

This is one of the subjects I have taught.

The key difference between a for profit and a non-profit is simply regarding the distribution of earnings. For profit, the earnings go to investors. Non-profit, the earnings are strictly for the organization. How the organization uses the earnings varies.

Again, both can be the same mission and literally do the exact same thing.

Additionally, both models have pros and cons.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People who complain about pocket watching are probably some of the dumbest muthafuckas I know. Yeah if you ask me I am always pocket watching muthafucka. I want to know how you do something especially if you are profiting off the pain of the Black community. This organization was founded on the deaths of Black men and these lesbians are securing the bag on those bodies yet they don't advocate for Black men. The IRS needs to investigate.

Rembrandt

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so y'all just want to take this all at Face value like this is a reputable source and it doesn't explain anything at all. it leaves out stuff specifically to create an impression that there is something illicit going on. There can be other ways to earn income in addition that can be used for this.