Billions | Showtime Series l discussion thread

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Funny to see old enemies working together for a common goal...axe and chuck now dollar bill and spiros

Chuck gonna get himself fucked up by blindsiding his pops and blackjack Foley like that. Cant wait to see how blackjack gets his revenge on him
firing Connerty is dumb and a self inflicted wound
crossing Blackjack without notice is an almost fatal mistake

Axe is doing too much, insecurity is driving his strategies

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
firing Connerty is dumb and a self inflicted wound
crossing Blackjack without notice is an almost fatal mistake

Axe is doing too much, insecurity is driving his strategies

yeah, I think connerty is going to get him back later on!!..Chuck and his wife is feeling themselves and it going to come back on them...good show!!

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Funny to see old enemies working together for a common goal...axe and chuck now dollar bill and spiros

Chuck gonna get himself fucked up by blindsiding his pops and blackjack Foley like that. Cant wait to see how blackjack gets his revenge on him

Yep. i see that coming as well...his father and foley is going to get chuck back..hell, i won't be suprised they work with connerty to get chuck and his wife back!!

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
I believe Aaron Sorkin's son is one of the writers. The writing is stellar on the show. The way Paul Giamatti references wars, movies, sports and literature when discussing his strategy intrigues me constantly.

I hadn't heard that but it makes sense. I love Sorkin. Show has a lot of those hallmarks that you pointed out.

This was a really good episode. Feels like a re-alignment of characters with Axe and Chuck coming to a detente that you know can't last. Like a few others have pointed out, Chuck and Wendy are feeling themselves. You know this is setting up for the two leads to run into some major conflict. The board's already been set with new enemies.

Chuck and his pops. Now Axe and his wife who I thought was a ride or die until now... love that scene btw where he put that bitch in her place. Made her sign them papers talking about "I'll cut you a deal", and already had the numbers drawn up after he made her think they were negotiating.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I think Bryan will go to work for Axe's lawyer

If you were Axe, would you trust near your shit, all of your dirt. Axe's lawyer might be Bryan's former teacher and mentor but he knows he is too much of a boy scout to let him in on all the shady doings of Axe Captial. As for Chuck firing Bryan, he had to - in earlier times he would have had him killed because if you come for the king, make sure you kill him.. Bryan didn't kill Chuck and therefore he doesn't get to come back. What Bryan does get to do is regroup and come at him again - however, I am sure Chuck will poison the field so that Bryan can only get a shit job somewhere and with no power.

It should be interesting -

The Technician

Formerly Commandernchief
BGOL Investor
Felt horrible for Bryan, even though it was obvious Chuck was gonna drop the hammer on him sooner or later. I like the character. I'm hoping him being fired isn't the end of Bryan

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
exactly what is wags's job title lol!

SVP of Hype...he got Spliff Starr beat...hes the ultimate hype man!

nigga just walks around son'n muthfuckas all day

He said Wags is his bull shit detector. And wags has called people on their bull shit plenty of times.

It was crazy as hell how that Russian threatened Axe with that story of him raping and murdering that boy. Wealthy/powerful white men are the scum of the earth.

I really came in here to ask, what malkavich meant by that story? And fam he didn't say he raped the boy. The story went as follows in lamens terms:

A young boy begged me for some of my milk. I gave him a sip. I noticed his mother had some big ass tiddies. I took his mother around the back of the building and had my way with her. Then I let the soldiers have their way with her.
do you know what happen to the little boy?

Ax: No.

Russian: no one ever knows what happens to the little boy.

^^^ I don't know what he was trying to say with that story.

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He said Wags is his bull shit detector. And wags has called people on their bull shit plenty of times.

I really came in here to ask, what malkavich meant by that story? And fam he didn't say he raped the boy. The story went as follows in lamens terms:

A young boy begged me for some of my milk. I gave him a sip. I noticed his mother had some big ass tiddies. I took his mother around the back of the building and had my way with her. Then I let the soldiers have their way with her.

I think he is saying Axe is the little boy and him giving Axe his money is him sharing the milk.

If Axe fuck up he is going to take what he wants from him and no one is going to know what happened to Axe.

Jay_from_dade

Certified Pussy Poster
I think he is saying Axe is the little boy and him giving Axe his money is him sharing the milk.

If Axe fuck up he is going to take what he wants from him and no one is going to know what happened to Axe.

That makes sense. It was confusing cause he already said "don't lose my money" twice before that.

Malkavich didn't even want to give Ax his money, The whole episode Ax damn near bullies him into giving it to him.

Him and Taylor gonna be a problem for Ax, both which he created.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Malkovich's character is going to off Axe's wife I predict.

Axe is obviously going to fuck his money up somehow and he'll have to make good on those threats.

She's essentially written off the show already at this point so her death seems logical going into the next season.

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That makes sense. It was confusing cause he already said "don't lose my money" twice before that.

Malkavich didn't even want to give Ax his money, The whole episode Ax damn near bullies him into giving it to him.

Him and Taylor gonna be a problem for Ax, both which he created.

The story was probably just to let Axe know how ruthless he is.

It will be interesting to see if Taylor's software is somehow what causes, or is related to, problems for Axe. I'm guessing the software is going to predict a big play and Axe is going to predict the opposite and lose money.

doghouse

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I agree Axe is the symbolic little boy. But it was wine that the russian gave to the boy. He than says the boy with his drunken greedy eyes, do you know what happened to him? That is alluding to Axe, but a true story at the same time. What would a ruthless, powerful WHITE man do with a drunken boy? He's threatening Axe with the truth.

Last edited:

Jay_from_dade

Certified Pussy Poster
I agree Axe is the symbolic little boy. But it was wine that the russian gave to the boy. He than says the boy with his drunken greedy eyes, do you know what happened to him? That is alluding to Axe, but a true story at the same time. What would a ruthless, powerful WHITE man do with a drunken boy? He's threatening Axe with the truth.

:lol: Man by your explanation I'm confused again. Man break that shit down a little simpler.

doghouse

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: Man by your explanation I'm confused again. Man break that shit down a little simpler.

LOL, yeah I had to rewatch that scene to make sure I was hearing what I heard. Telling Axe how he randomly raped a woman and then raped and murdered her son was a threat. "I did this for no reason, imagine what I'll do if you lose my 20 billion."

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Damn

So Teddy KGB was the little boy in the story

His mom looks like a woman that's been through a lot of trauma in her life

Great episode

I thought he was the little boy - hei mother must of had him when she was a early teen because there age is not that far apart - so the soldiers were raping a woman in her early to mid twenties - traumatizing for both

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Chuck getting ballsey as fuck, fucking with that AG! :smh:

Something tells me Axe is going to fuck up that money

and someone will have to pay for the mistake.

I thought Taylor was going to off herself for a minute! :eek:

That elevator scene had me rolling! :roflmao:

...another great episode!

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Show is about the jump the shark. Remember you heard here first.

I hope you're wrong but that very well could be the case.

Axe is smart as fuck, why in the hell is he so hell bent on going all in so much that he wants to borrow more money than he's worth just to invest heavier?

He's a billionaire several times over and he just got his neck from under the fed's boot!

Why in the fuck is he making all of these radical moves right now?

Shit don't make sense.
:dunno:

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Might be right. They already took liberties but they were believable. Chuck going after they AG is completely unrealistic. We'll see what happens.

That's another crazy, radical move in this show that really doesn't make sense.

Wendy is really smart, especially on an intellectual as well as psychological level, why would she cosign this move to go after the AG?

Shit don't make sense. :dunno: