Bill Maher on that bullshit again makes racist Popeye's Chicken remark

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
u are clearly missing the historical point. i might need to illustrated it to you like i had to do when obama was first elected and people were dropping historically racist cartoons about her and i had to educate people here that "couldn't see it."

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have been on the earth for minute or two. If you want progress you have to recognize it, embrace it, then push forward for more. There is a big difference between The Popeyes ad campaign and The Coon Chicken Inn chain back in the mid 20th century.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
the show used to be called 'Politically Incorrect'.
he says stupid shit; he 's funny sometimes/not funny sometimes.
the sun doesn't rise & set with his opinions.
it's when other people on his show let loose - speak in ways they can't/won't elsewhere on TV.
that's why I watch it.

As someone who used to watch on comedy central and abc...

I agree but it don't feel the same

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bill still in the 1990s. He got jokes for everyone and that shit don't fly no more. It's a different era. Only demographic I haven't seen him clown are non-religious people, but I don't think his detractors mention that he offends every fucking body. That's why he's falling out of favor with folks on the far left.

If they ain't get him for the jew or gay jokes, they ain't getting him for black jokes. And yeah, he got jew and gay jokes.

Good. Gay people aren't special. If they wanted to be treated like everyone else, be prepared to hear some off color gay jokes. If anyone claims to be a fan of comedy, but only when the jokes aren't poking fun at their niche, they aren't really into comedy and just really like laughing at other people's foibles.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Good. Gay people aren't special. If they wanted to be treated like everyone else, be prepared to hear some off color gay jokes. If anyone claims to be a fan of comedy, but only when the jokes aren't poking fun at their niche, they aren't really into comedy and just really like laughing at other people's foibles.

You are NOT wrong on this.

My rule is kinda simple

Be funny. Better be funny

And go at EVERYONE.

Cause i will forgive damn near anything if that is achieved

But Bill is not being funny or whatever passes for trolling these days.

And if you protect ONE group? While your whole schick is to NOT do that?

Well to me your unfunny hypocrite.

And deserve what you get.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
That shit should be a disclaimer every fucking where.

And to be clear, that's how Bill Maher gets down. And as usual, it's all fun and games when someone got jokes for other folks' mamas, but when it's your turn, people cry foul.

It's a fucking documented fact that he has jokes for EVERYONE(except Atheists). That's why I have no problem with Maher.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You sure about that? They got a 7 minute comp of him making jokes about Jews on YouTube. It's a few Israel ones. He was clowning when they forced Jews to move out of Gaza. One joke was playing on the racism of jews by saying move a black family in. Check it out for yourself.

Again, he goes at everyone except atheists. That's his brand of comedy. His shtick. So now what? Just saying, be careful what you wish for with this one. The folks on the far left want him gone for a reason.

Really?

I will check.

Betcha good money its the only one

Again if he shooting at everyone?

Great.

Still don't mean he funny

Or somehow absolves the audience from getting back at him.

But i understand your point

I used to LOVE stand up

I mean even andrew die clay carrot top judy tanuda emo philips Gallagher dane cook.

There is different funny and its important to have that.

But i hated trolling being accepted from day one.

It isnt clever or funny.

Its just lazy corny irritating

But bill can dish it and take it... proven

But I'm tired of his stuff and more i listen i don't like his energy.

He chose this political lane and that makes it even complicated

Look at Dennis miller and tim allen

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Really?

I will check.

Betcha good money its the only one

Again if he shooting at everyone?

Great.

Still don't mean he funny

Or somehow absolves the audience from getting back at him.

But i understand your point

I used to LOVE stand up

I mean even andrew die clay carrot top judy tanuda emo philips Gallagher dane cook.

There is different funny and its important to have that.

But i hated trolling being accepted from day one.

It isnt clever or funny.

Its just lazy corny irritating

But bill can dish it and take it... proven

But I'm tired of his stuff and more i listen i don't like his energy.

He chose this political lane and that makes it even complicated

Look at Dennis miller and tim allen
Yeah, it's there. Like 6-7 minutes long. When I watched it, I thought about Lebron. Maher has fucking skits clowning Jews. It's shit if they dug up on anyone else, they'd call for his firing.

As far as what's funny and what's not, it was just a comment in the middle of his conversation. Just like with written material, impromptu shit is hit or miss. All comedy shows have hits and misses.

Bill has changed over the years as the left has got more sensitive. If you remember after 9/11, he was the only one calling out the hypocrisy of these cacs. I remember folks saying Israel and Jews were pissed because he didn't want the wars. He got fired for it. Only place online that I saw shit like Bill as saying at that time was BGOL.

Since then, the left -- which isn't supposed to be about religion -- has become too occupied with the Muslim religion(which has some of the most conservative followers on the planet). Because Bill is hardcore atheist, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Bill would hate that. That's why so much heat for the Muslims after the Bush years.

His hatred of religion is deeper than anyone you can probably name -- authors included. So if he is to be called out on anything, it's lack of going at Atheists in over 25 years on tv. That's the only protected group to Maher.

Here's the Jewish/Israel material:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, it's there. Like 6-7 minutes long. When I watched it, I thought about Lebron. Maher has fucking skits clowning Jews. It's shit if they dug up on anyone else, they'd call for his firing.

As far as what's funny and what's not, it was just a comment in the middle of his conversation. Just like with written material, impromptu shit is hit or miss. All comedy shows have hits and misses.

Bill has changed over the years as the left has got more sensitive. If you remember after 9/11, he was the only one calling out the hypocrisy of these cacs. I remember folks saying Israel and Jews were pissed because he didn't want the wars. He got fired for it. Only place online that I saw shit like Bill as saying at that time was BGOL.

Since then, the left -- which isn't supposed to be about religion -- has become too occupied with the Muslim religion(which has some of the most conservative followers on the planet). Because Bill is hardcore atheist, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Bill would hate that. That's why so much heat for the Muslims after the Bush years.

His hatred of religion is deeper than anyone you can probably name -- authors included. So if he is to be called out on anything, it's lack of going at Atheists in over 25 years on tv. That's the only protected group to Maher.

Here's the Jewish/Israel material:

I thought he got fired from ABC because of calling the 911 terrorist "brave"?

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought he got fired from ABC because of calling the 911 terrorist "brave"?

He's not lying though. You gotta be a brave mother fucker to hijack a plane with the intention of crashing it into a building. It's hella stupid, but you have to have balls to go out that way.

If someone is giving him shit about calling something "brave", let's not forget how the media throws around that word when a gay person comes out the closet, a person that wants to keep on living when they have cancer, or when they are law enforcement and shoot an unarmed person.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He's not lying though. You gotta be a brave mother fucker to hijack a plane with the intention of crashing it into a building. It's hella stupid, but you have to have balls to go out that way.

If someone is giving him shit about calling something "brave", let's not forget how the media throws around that word when a gay person comes out the closet, a person that wants to keep on living when they have cancer, or when they are law enforcement and shoot an unarmed person.

I aint even gonna go there...

what I'm saying is THAT is the reason he was fired.

I remember when it happened

like I said earlier

funny thing?

I actually wrote an email in support of him back then

but THIS aint THAT.