Sage Steele-- "The Next Bill Maher"? In talks to host a podcast on his network (+ sidebar: are Black conservatives treated unfairly?)

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

I had never heard Sage Steele speak at length until this-- I listened as I was doing some tasks and found the conversation interesting.

Highlights:
  • 51:44- This is the segment where Maher starts flirting, talking about how "almost always the biracial people are gorgeous-- Name one bad one. Derek Jeter, Mariah Carey, I could list so many-- you, Obama. Because nature wants us to fuck far apart from anyone we could be related to."

• 56:25- Maher says Steele should be on The View.

• 1:08:33- Maher says he is starting a podcast network and offers Steele a show on his network.

• 1:14:18- Maher tells Steele just talking sports is a waste of her talent, Steele talks about her career trajectory and desire to be "the next Bill Maher."

• 1:15:57- Immediately after expressing her "next Bill Maher" aspiration, Maher says she has to do a podcast.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Sidebar:

• 1:23:05 Maher says "there are a lot of Black conservatives, they're just not allowed to be on mainstream sites." They praise the brilliance of Candace Owens and Stelle complains "The one thing that is somewhat offensive [is] people saying you have to think a certain way because of your skin color."

I was criticized yesterday for not respecting Black people who are not "far left" or progressive:

If only you were 10% as intelligent as you think you are. You lead with your hatred of centrist Dems, but that's fine. You attack Hillary and her voters, but that's also fine. Point out Bernard's faults and you go straight to pearl clutching.

How about letting people vote the way they want?

It's constantly people that have their agendas rejected by voters that want everyone else to pass their agenda.

How about progressives finally accept that the vast majority of people do not want their solutions nor them in power. Start there, figure out why voters reject you constantly and figure out how to change so that you can win more elections.

Instead, you'll do what you always do. Just say everyone that disagrees with you is "too dumb" to understand your brilliance - and continue losing elections.
OP would call off the boycott tomorrow is the majority of Black people voted far left. He would immediately switch to voter solidarity with the progressive caucus.

And truthfully, I don't respect that type of political thought from anybody but especially not from Black people.

I believe Black Americans should not be "moderate" or conservative for the same reason Jesse Jackson said that that sort of advocacy is insufficient for Black America:

With the exception of Native Americans, African Americans are the people who are most behind socially and economically in the United States and our needs are not moderate. A people far behind cannot catch up by choosing the most moderate path.

So I don't respect Black people who prioritize compromise or the "needs" and the comfort of the wealthy, corporations and the privileged.

At the same time, I do think Black Americans should be allowed the same freedom of thought, self-expression and individuality as anyone else. I can empathize with Sage Steele feeling that it is offensive that people suggest she has to be progressive, liberal or a supporter of the Democratic Party-- that she has to think a certain way-- because of her race.

Ultimately, my conclusion is "Fuck 'em" but I do empathize a bit and wonder if there is a better approach.

Last edited:

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Sidebar:

• 1:23:05 Maher says "there are a lot of Black conservatives, they're just not allowed to be on mainstream sites." They praise the brilliance of Candace Owens and Stelle complains "The one thing that is somewhat offensive [is] people saying you have to think a certain way because of your skin color."

I was criticized yesterday for not respecting Black people who are not "far left" or progressive:

And truthfully, I don't respect that type of political thought from anybody but especially not from Black people.

I believe Black Americans should not be "moderate" or conservative for the same reason Jesse Jackson said that that sort of advocacy is insufficient for Black America:

With the exception of Native Americans, African Americans are the people who are most behind socially and economically in the United States and our needs are not moderate. A people far behind cannot catch up by choosing the most moderate path.

So I don't respect Black people who prioritize compromise or the "needs" and the comfort of the wealthy, corporations and the privileged.

At the same time, I do think Black Americans should be allowed the same freedom of thought, self-expression and individuality as anyone else. I can empathize with Sage Steele feeling that it is offensive that people suggest she has to be progressive, liberal or a supporter of the Democratic Party-- that she has to think a certain way-- because of her race.

Ultimately, my conclusion is "Fuck 'em" but I do empathize a bit and wonder if there is a better approach.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
  • 1:14:18- Maher tells Steele just talking sports is a waste of her talent, Steele talks about her career trajectory and desire to be "the next Bill Maher."

• 1:15:57- Immediately after expressing her "next Bill Maher" aspiration, Maher says she has to do a podcast.

Maher should do a basic google search before interviewing people-- Steele does have options beyond podcasting:

Daily Ructions reported last month that unnamed Republicans were trying to recruit former ESPN broadcaster Sage Steele, who apologized in 2021 after saying of women sports reporters, "So when you dress like that, I'm not saying you deserve the gross comments, but you know what you're doing when you're putting that outfit on, too." Steele—who also questioned two years ago former President Barack Obama's decision to identify himself as Black, and has denounced corporate vaccine mandates—did not rule anything out when the Indianapolis Star asked about her interest in running [in Connecticut's 5th District].

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
By coincidence her podcast/show is now done through Bill's company
Coincidence?

It was a part of his move making! He started with her being gorgeous like Derek Jeter and ended by practically begging her to do a show.

Highlights:
  • 51:44- This is the segment where Maher starts flirting, talking about how "almost always the biracial people are gorgeous-- Name one bad one. Derek Jeter, Mariah Carey, I could list so many-- you, Obama. Because nature wants us to fuck far apart from anyone we could be related to."

• 56:25- Maher says Steele should be on The View.

• 1:08:33- Maher says he is starting a podcast network and offers Steele a show on his network.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am still of the opinion that Bill Maher is a faggot who has morphed into another Dennis Miller, and his seeming lust for women, especially black women, is all an act. The asshole has more feminine mannerisms and gesticulations than Kevin Spacey. He and the self-hating bed wench Sage Steele probably will partner in a new podcast and in keeping with an anti-black theme their first guest will probably weak ass apologist for white people Van Jones. :rolleyes:

Last edited: