BGOL Gofundme and Patreon for Dummies

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Gonna donate soon, but i see in the PM u mentioned something about vets who no longer want to stick around because of the donation? Can u supply names?

Also, wouldnt it make more sense to just charge the actual donators a higher fee at the re-up date, so that the donations cover the server bill for multiple months?

Tom Slick

The Black HHH
BGOL Investor
Yall just search this dudes history, he is a long time HNIC Hater. Talking the same shit he was talking years ago. Dude does not have a dime invested in the board. Every time I permanently ban this dude TEN brings him back to life.

I gives less than a fuck about you and your opinion. You are a member of the why should members pay $10 once a year crowd. Like I told you in an earlier post. You won Mother Fucker dude. Take the victory and laugh your ass off.

TEN is my guy so I put up with this clown.

HNIC
Hater? No bruh. I'm a grown man. It's criticism, I've never disrespected you. And I haven't been wrong about any of these missteps.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Thanks for the support PDQ21. As far as members donating $10 a month, that will never happen.

If you recall when we first started the donation program it was $10 a year and everything was cool for awhile, but the HNIC is trying to Rip you off crowd was in full effect and they actually discouraged folks from donating $10 once a year. It was a very successful campaign, I have to give them credit.

Thanks Again - HNIC :shades:

I will forever never understand the hnic is ripping people off crowd.

The fact that this community has lasted for 20 years of my life is a feat in on its self. I’ve got no problem paying 10 dollars a month for Netflix why Bitch about 10 to pay for a site that I’m on more then I’m on Netflix.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
why not form an llc create a bgol crypto coin or stock where members can invest and own a piece of the board with hnic controlling 51%

10,000 coins at $100 per coin or stock buy in.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why not form an llc create a bgol crypto coin or stock where members can invest and own a piece of the board with hnic controlling 51%

10,000 coins at $100 per coin or stock buy in.
Those days of easy coin startups are over. everything you just mentioned will need to go through strict FTC guidelines. 99 percent of this board would fail the investor guidelines for startups.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Brother HNIC,

I've been financially supporting the

board since you first said that you

needed help.

I have a lifetime membership and

I will still help more if it will keep

the doors open.

A good friend of mine said that

GoFundMe takes about 20 percent

off the top of funds raised and if

that's true, I would rather donate

the old way.

Either way, you'll be seeing me

dropping some funds in the hat, now

and in the future.

Keep doing what you've been doing

fam and I will stand behind you. :cool:

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Brother HNIC,

I've been financially supporting the

board since you first said that you

needed help.

I have a lifetime membership and

I will still help more if it will keep

the doors open.

A good friend of mine said that

GoFundMe takes about 20 percent

off the top of funds raised and if

that's true, I would rather donate

the old way.

Either way, you'll be seeing me

dropping some funds in the hat, now

and in the future.

Keep doing what you've been doing

fam and I will stand behind you. :cool:
CoTtOnMoUf thanks for the support and yes you have been there for a brother :)

From what I see gofundme has reduced their fees. They use to charge a 5% on the donation amount, plus 2.9% processing, then .30 Cent per transaction. They dropped the 5% fee in November 2017.

So now it's 2.9% processing plus .30 cent, which seems decent. :dunno:

HNIC :shades:

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
@HNIC

Of the 3 options (Patreon, gofundme, the old way), do you have a preference?
1. In the long run Patreon is better for me. They bill once a month at the 1st of the month.
I think a lot of the folks who don't renew, don't do so because they hate BGOL, they just forget.
If they were getting billed monthly at $2/5/10 a month. It becomes something similar to the Netflix bill.
I very seldom use Netflix, but if I need it, it's there.

2. The second is the old way, which would be excellent if more people would donate on time or close to on time

3. Gofundme

HNIC

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
1. In the long run Patreon is better for me. They bill once a month at the 1st of the month.
I think a lot of the folks who don't renew, don't do so because they hate BGOL, they just forget.
If they were getting billed monthly at $2/5/10 a month. It becomes something similar to the Netflix bill.

2. The second is the old way, which would be excellent if more people would donate on time or close to on time

3. Gofundme

HNIC
Thanks man, makes it a real simple decision

It's some funny but not funny shit how a nigga will buy a red bull every morning but $5/mo for some shit they black ass be on all day every day of their life got niggas pulling the interrogation light in your face lol

We gotta stop that shit

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Just signed up for the monthly joint, my first Patreon and it's one I can feel good about

You fucking phaguettes

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Aight, so purging myself of Facebook (god that shit is freeing once you’ve extracted yourself from it and all the “friends” that you could give less than a fuck about has gotten me back on my original original home and around mainly legitimate fam, BGOL, more.

Hell of a lot less weirdos here now than ever; if you weren’t a member when folks like Pikestreet were on the Board, you don’t know weirdos. Add to that the FTPs; the embedded code that spammed posts with just flat out suspect shit; yeah, Board has been firing on all cylinders the last 5 years as good as it was in the early days.

Sorry to be long-winded. I’m in for the recurring contribution and will drop a one-time amount in the collection plate.

Last edited:

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Even though I'm a member who still pays yearly, but barely comes on here as much as I used to, I'll most likely do a one time donation via GoFundMe.

Thanks for keeping BGOL alive HNIC!!!

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Even though I'm a member who still pays yearly, but barely comes on here as much as I used to, I'll most likely do a one time donation via GoFundMe.

Thanks for keeping BGOL alive HNIC!!!
Thanks MadWun :)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

3. Gofundme

HNIC

OK based on this.. I'll do the Patreon method to.

I was a little confused as to which one to use.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I will forever never understand the hnic is ripping people off crowd.

The fact that this community has lasted for 20 years of my life is a feat in on its self. I’ve got no problem paying 10 dollars a month for Netflix why Bitch about 10 to pay for a site that I’m on more then I’m on Netflix.

giphy.gif