Arrow on CW

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
And they putting ANOTHER one on the air next season after one of his other new ones just flopped.

They picking and choosing who thus #me too REALLY effects now.
damn you already know what it is. if he was black:itsawrap:
and also hollywood is protecting themselves cause they all #metoo
but its too late they should have never let the cosby thing go down, now they will all fall.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hold up they are back at the police station... who the fuck is running this police station.

Man there is 3 minutes left... wtf is up with Diaz!!!

Is that it.. this shit ends on them cloning a USB stick...

Last season we had a dude that spent an entire season trying to break Oliver down to become a Killer again.. he forced oliver to choose between killing Prometheus to blow the people up on the island or saving his son..
Oliver still stayed with his conviction and managed wound Prometheus.. then when Prometheus realizes that he would never be able to get Oliver to kill him.. He kills himself thereby triggering the deadman switch and blowing up an island that we have seen in flashbacks for 5 years..

And this is what we get... A cloned Flash drive ... the one Villian that didn’t need to keep living is still Fucking Alive.. and everything about him is changed..

Dude is still alive.. yet instead of waiting to arrest Oliver after they catch Diaz or find his body.. they arrest dude now and basically open the door for Diaz to come right back in town and take over the sitting even easier now.. cause Oliver queen is in jail..

The Only Fucking thing that looks promising is that they set up two of my favorite Green Arrow storylines..

The Long Bow Hunters and the Escape from Super Max plot from the Abandoned Green Arrow David S Goyer movie.

good lawd man...

we watching the shows separated by hundreds of miles and came to the same EXACT conclusion.

tumblr_mlq1z8VMVR1snr4vko1_400.gif

And I want a DAMN check cause I called this A LONG TIME AGO!!!

There is a rumor that Oliver is going to be in prison for half the season......

I don't understand,how Diaz was able to hang with Oliver...

^^^
100% truth

and also this was a crap season and crap ending

unless they make it Laurel DELIBERATELY gave Diaz the sonic blast so he could escape.

The expression of confusion and disappointment on Sara face was felt by the ENTIRE viewing audience this season.

damn Dinah looking GOOD lately.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow (1.35 mil/0.5, TVLine reader grade “B”) surged 35 and 66 percent to deliver its best numbers since Jan. 25 and Jan. 18.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow Boss Breaks Down Finale Death, Blowback for a 'Momentous' Decision

By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 17 2018, 7:02 PM PDT

arrow-season-6-episode-23-finale.jpg

Courtesy of The CW

The following contains spoilers from the Season 6 finale of The CW’s Arrow.

A year ago on Arrow, an island blew up. But in the Season 6 finale, it was Oliver’s life as we know it that went kaboom.

Next Arrowverse Crossover to Include Batwoman, Add the City of Gotham
Launching a final assault on Ricardo Diaz with help from the FBI as well as “help” from Anatoly, Team Arrow emerged with a decent-sized W in the end. The army of goons that had seized Star City was vanquished and the list of corrupt officials secured. Diaz however may live to yell at us another day, seeing as Yanny Laurel “ended” his final showdown with Oliver with a well-intended but ultimately misguided sonic scream, and he later was seen, bruised and waterlogged, watching Oliver on TV.

ADVERTISING

(Could Diaz return as a Season 7 threat? Exiting Arrow co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim previously told TVLine that the finale’s mention of the Longbow Hunters, a criminal gang led by Diaz’s counterpart in DC Comics lore, was very much about “planting a flag” for bigger Season 7 developments.)

Alas, Team Arrow’s qualified victory came at a great cost. For one, Quentin Lance, played by exiting original cast member Paul Blackthorne, died a hero, taking a bullet from Diaz meant for his daughter Laurel’s doppelganger. (Cue hospital visit from Caity Lotz’s Sara, and one compelling “sisters” reunion.) Oliver meanwhile had promised FBI Agent Watson that in trade for the feds’ back-up (and immunity for the rest of the team, Green Arrow Diggle included), he would publicly out himself as the infamous vigilante and thus serve a life sentence behind bars — which came as news to wife Felicity!

Arrow’s Paul Blackthorne Previews Lance’s ‘Beautiful Exit’" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-position: 0px 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 114, 188);">Arrow’s Paul Blackthorne Previews Lance’s ‘Beautiful Exit’
Here, Guggenheim talks about the difficult decision to lance Quentin and how Oliver’s deal with the feds might do damage to his marriage. (Coming soon to TVLine: series star Stephen Amell himself also weighs in on the finale’s major developments, including what it means for Oliver/Felicity.)

TVLINE | First things first, talk about the decision to kill Lance versus wound him, send him off to live with Donna, having him decided he’s “too old for this s–t”….
Look, it’s always hard. Paul’s a wonderful actor and a wonderful human being. [Regarding] the decision to kill versus maim, this show has always been a show that has real consequences — even when we had the Lazarus Pit and and even with time travel and parallel Earths. Maiming always feels like a cop-out to me, especially on a show like this one. [Arrowverse executive producer] Greg Berlanti always says the show has a Game of Thrones element to it in that no one is ever really safe. And while I think while we could have maimed Lance and sent him off to live with Donna, like you said — and that was discussed — I don’t think it would have been true to the spirit of the show, which has never really done that as a general rule. But it was hard.

TVLINE | I saw Paul just the other night and he described Lance’s exit as “beautiful.”
He’s terrific; by the way, a total class act. When [exiting co-showrunner] Wendy [Mericle] and I sat down with him to give him the news, he couldn’t have been more gracious about it. I think his performance in the finale is among the best he’s ever given on the show. It is a very beautiful, poignant exit for this character. He has a scene with Stephen [Amell] that is just next-level stuff. If you’re going to kill off a character, I do feel like this was the way to do it.

Sponsored by MERKLE - TARGET - BCM

A Cartful, Not An Armful.
Now schedule Same-Day Delivery at checkout from your local Target.

SEE MORE

TVLINE | I’m sitting here trying to figure out how Oliver will ever resume doing what he likes to do, given how the finale ends. He’s outed, he’s behind bars…. The only think I can think of is the government needs him to continue being a vigilante, so they spring him or something…?
This is the beauty part of me not showrunning anymore! No, I’m just kidding. There is a plan in place. We always try very hard never to take a leap without knowing how we’re going to stick the landing, so as much as I would love to joke, “OK guys, have fun, I’m out of here!,” there is a plan. We know exactly how things are going to work in prison, how things will resolve themselves…. I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say that Oliver won’t remain in prison for the remainder of the series; that would be silly. He’ll get out at some point, and the circumstances under which that happens… there’s a really cool plan in place for. So, stay tuned!

TVLINE | Felicity tried to get Oliver to renege on his deal with the FBI and escape custody, but he insisted on doing what’s right, guaranteeing William at least one parent. Will she be fully understanding of that, or is she a bit bitter?
I wouldn’t say bitter; but I would say that Oliver is going to have some work to do. This was a momentous decision that affects not only her but their son, and at the end of the day he didn’t consult her. Oliver says in the finale, “There wasn’t enough time,” but if I were Felicity I would quibble with that. There were plenty of moments where Oliver was talking to people, saying hid good-byes…. Felicity I think would be well within her rights to say, “Why didn’t you take some of that screen time talking to me about it?” Obviously it will be up to Beth [Schwartz] and the writers to decide which way to go here, but my thinking about the reason he didn’t [consult with Felicity] was because he knew she would talk him out of it.

TVLINE | Lastly, two bits of housekeeping: Is Katie Cassidy back as a series regular next season?
Yes, she is.

TVLINE | And might there be a larger-than-usual time jump when the show returns in the fall?
No. No, it will be the typical six months or so.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards Explains How The Finale Cliffhanger Impacts Felicity In Season 7

BY LAURA HURLEY
5 COMMENTS
YESTERDAY

Warning: major spoilers ahead for the Season 6 finale of Arrow, called "Life Sentence."

Arrow's Season 6 finale was an intense hour of television that ended on a twist that will undoubtedly change the series forever. The battle against Ricardo Diaz had finally escalated to the point that Oliver went to Samanda Watson and the FBI for help, and he promised Felicity and the rest of the Star City vigilantes that they were all guaranteed immunity from prosecution. Unfortunately, by the end of the episode, it became clear that Oliver had a terrible price to pay for that immunity: he would out himself as the Green Arrow and go to federal prison for the foreseeable future. Oliver is currently behind bars with a whole bunch of bad guys that he presumably had a hand in locking up.

Felicity was understandably devastated that her husband was going to prison after making a deal that she didn't know about, and she's left facing the prospect of raising young William alone. Actress Emily Bett Rickards turned in a heartbreaking performance in the finale, and she spoke with CinemaBlend how the end will impact her character in Season 7:

The way that we leave the end of Season 6, she's really going to have to step up even more into her position, if that's even possible. I know she can do it just on the way that she's grown across the years, but it's just going to be a big difference for her in Season 7. Things have shifted off the mantle and she's gonna have to try some new things.

Felicity won't be able to rely on Oliver's presence at least in the beginning of Season 7, which will understandably be difficult given that they relatively recently got married. She doesn't have the option of shutting down or closing herself off, however, as Oliver's imprisonment means that she's young William's last remaining parental figure.

Sure, the poor boy has Raisa, but he's quickly running out of available parents, and Felicity will need to step up as a hero and a mom in the seventh season. As Emily Bett Rickards says, Felicity has grown into a woman who can tackle these new challenges. Still, it won't be easy, especially since she thought until almost the very end of the episode that Oliver was just as immune from prosecution as the rest of them.

It's much too soon to say what some of those new things she'll have to try are, but hopefully she'll be able to rely on her friends in Star City. Diggle has always been a dear friend to her, and he has a son of his own with Lyla. That little family unit could be a refuge for Felicity and William. The finale healed some of the rift between Oliver and New Team Arrow, so they may be back as dependable friends to Felicity in Season 7. We'll have to wait and see. Emily Bett Rickards went on in our chat to explain how parenthood will influence Felicity moving forward:

I think her and William fit so well together and it's really quite beautiful what they are doing together and how much William is teaching her and what they're learning from each other. In terms of the way we leave Season 6, it would be quite weird sort of putting Oliver and Felicity in a position where we're not so sure if...having a child might be extremely difficult for them at the beginning of Season 7. Without spoiling anything too crazy!

If any fans were holding out hope that Felicity would reveal a pregnancy at the end of the Season 6 finale or turn up 5+ months pregnant in the Season 7 premiere, they may want to resign themselves to no buns in any ovens when Arrow returns in the fall. All things considered, this might not have been a great time for Felicity to become pregnant anyway. She'll have her hands full raising William, setting up her work, and likely finding new ways to help the people of Star City without worrying about a pregnancy with Oliver in the clink. Besides, does the show really need a baby at this point? There are plenty of stories left to tell with William.

Of course, given that this show is called Arrow and Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow, we can probably be pretty confident that he won't stay in prison forever. Whenever he does get out, he may return to a very different Star City. The death of Quentin Lance meant that Team Arrow lost a valuable ally (and Star City lost another mayor), and Ricardo Diaz is still out there thanks to Black Siren's decision to blast him off of a rooftop into water. A whole new era of Arrow is on the way with a brand new showrunner, and it should be interesting to see where the show goes after the Season 6 finale ending.

When Arrow does return in the fall, it will be on a new night. You can learn when new episodes of Arrow and the other Arrow-verse shows will air on The CW's 2018-2019 fall TV schedule. The Arrow-verse is expanding to include a certain characterfrom Gotham City -- no, not that Gotham -- and we can only guess at this point what damage to Earth-1 may be done by the end of The Flash finale. For what you can watch once the superhero series are totally done for the season, swing by our summer TV premiere guide.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...nale-cliffhanger-impacts-felicity-in-season-7

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Goatee Is Definitely Coming To Arrow, According To Stephen Amell

BY MATT WOOD
0 COMMENTS
2 HOURS AGO

Over the course of its six seasons, Arrow has progressively gotten more and more comic book-y. While in the earlier seasons it was more grounded and gritty, it eventually began to lighten the mood and include superpowers into the mix. The show has come a long way but it still fails to give fans the one thing they truly want: Green Arrow with a goatee. The iconic facial hair for the comics has yet to make an appearance on the show, but after six seasons, Stephen Amell is finally caving and just giving the people what they want. Here's what he said...

Just because you've been polite, and just because everyone has been so nice to me today, I can break some news for you and let you know that in Season 7 I am going to debut the goatee.

The goatee is on the way! While appearing at Motor City Comic Con (via ComicBook), Stephen Amell revealed to attendees that Oliver Queen will be sporting his facial hair from the comics. However, Amell was quick to point out that the goatee may not be sticking around all season, which means it could just be an easter egg for fans. There's no way of knowing for sure at this point, but just take solace in the fact that Green Arrow will have facial hair at some point.

The idea of including the goatee came up when discussing what elements the Season Seven costume would have, considering the situation that Oliver finds himself in by the end of Season Six. Whatever the case, comic book fans are likely happy that the facial is finally on the way. Arrow has been resistant to some of the sillier elements of Green Arrow's inherently silly world (only ever got the punching glove arrow once), but you wouldn't think that it'd take six seasons for a goatee to show up. A fake goatee is a lot more of a disguise than some grease over your eyes, which is what Arrow originally did.

And for those curious, I'm afraid that Oliver Queen will never ever wear a Robin Hood-style hat. The comic book character used to lean pretty hard on the Robin Hood aesthetic before switching to a hood, but Amell is adamant that he will never wear the hat -- not even ironically.

I can't promise that I'm going to keep [the goatee] forever. I can definitely promise that I'm not going to wear the stupid hat.

We'll see Stephen Amell, we'll see.

For more Arrow and TV updates, be sure to keep it here at CinemaBlend. While a lot of CW shows are safe, other networks have been cancelling programs left and right, so stay up to date with this cancellation guide.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards Shared How Hard It Was To Say Goodbye To Paul Blackthorne

BY LAURA HURLEY
5 COMMENTS
2 DAYS AGO

Spoilers ahead for the Season 6 finale of Arrow, called "Life Sentence."

Arrow never holds back on ramping up the intensity for season finales, and the stakes were as high as they've ever been for the good guys in "Life Sentence." Between Ricardo Diaz's control over the city, the loss of resources with the destruction of the Arrow Bunker, and the complication of Samanda Watson and the FBI, Team Arrow had a lot on their plates. Fans also knew that the finale was going to say goodbye to a major character who has been around from the very beginning: Quentin Lance. Back in early May, news broke that Paul Blackthorne would leaveArrow at end of Season 7, and fans had to wonder how the show would send him off. Thea got to leave alive and well, but would that be the case for Quentin?

As it turns out, sadly, survival was not the case for Quentin. Emily Bett Rickards, who plays computer hacker extraordinaire Felicity Smoak, spoke with CinemaBlend about her reaction to Paul Blackthorne's exit, saying this:

I was shocked when I found out in a way that I felt like a pillar was being taken away from my house. I don't get to work with Paul a whole lot and both of us always ask to work together more, and knowing that it's not necessarily as much of an option anymore kind of crushes me a little bit because working with Paul is so interesting and invigorating as an actor. As far as his character goes, I hope we did it justice and I think saying goodbye to him as a character was really hard. As it should be! Saying goodbye should be hard. It should be hard. It always is hard. I hate goodbyes. I hate them, I really do.

"Life Sentence" finally delivered the answer to the question of how Quentin would leave the show after six years of ups and downs, and it was absolutely heartbreaking. After spending most of Season 6 hoping Black Siren could be reformed into a woman like the Laurel he'd lost, he came to her rescue from Ricardo Diaz. Refusing to step aside when Diaz pulled out a gun, Quentin took a bullet for Black Siren. At first, it seemed that it was merely a flesh would that could be fixed with surgery, but surgery didn't go well. According to Star City's one trustworthy doctor, Quentin seized while on the operating table and was deprived of oxygen for more than seven minutes. Quentin died.

On the one hand, it was something of a shock that a longtime series regular died. On the other hand, the episode did a pretty good job giving Quentin a solid sendoff. Quentin got some touching farewells and some big heroic moments in the final battle to take out Diaz, at least for now. One of the saddest things about his death may be that Sara arrived at the hospital, but not until Quentin had already died.

She didn't get to say goodbye to her dad, and her dad didn't get to see her one more time.

The news of Paul Blackthorne's departure broke only a few weeks after Arrow star Stephen Amell shared a set photo of Oliver sitting at somebody's hospital bedside, and that somebody looked awfully tall, which likely meant either Quentin or Diggle was hurt. Even before his departure was confirmed, Quentin seemed like the more likely candidate. After all, Diggle had already gone through enough health problems due to his nerve damage in Season 6. More misery in the hospital just wouldn't have been fair. Still, seeing Quentin in that hospital bed wasn't easy.

Quentin's death was unfortunate for Emily Bett Rickards as well. She revealed that she wished she could have worked with Paul Blackthorne more during their time on the show together, and they were rarely able to join forces on the small screen. The good news is that the end of the finale set the stage for Rickards and the rest of the cast to take the show in some incredibly new directions. Oliver is locked up in prison after admitting that he's the Green Arrow, leaving Felicity to raise William, Diggle to possibly take on the mantle of the Green Arrow, and Ricardo Diaz in the wind.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow ends a frustrating season with a frustrating, but affecting, finale

Allison Shoemaker

Friday 2:53am
Filed to: RECAP
rqlncj5mzgrye46odllh.jpg

Photo: Jack Rowand (The CW)

On the whole, this isn’t a great season of Arrow. There are too many detours, too many balls dropped, more than the usual number of plot holes and some insanely short memories. Some episodes mostly worked—particularly when Michael Emerson first turned up—and there were a handful of excellent action sequences (remember that parking garage fight)?). But looking back, there are exactly three scenes that could be considered among the best in the series. “Life Sentence” adds to that number, and that fact makes this finale worth watching.

ARROWSEASON 6
"Life Sentence"
C+
EPISODE

But we’ll have to get back to those, because something else absolutely must be addressed first:

Ricardo Diaz is coming back?!

No disrespect to Kirk Acevedo, a good actor who has made this disastrously uneven villain and his failed storyline as entertaining as perhaps anyone could, but wow, what an insanely bad idea. The single worst episode in this season, “Collision Course,” seemed to attempt a course-correction by going all-in on the very things that were dragging Arrow down. The choices made in that hour were so poorly handled and executed, both then and since, that they’re still hurting the show. Indeed, they hurt this finale. Yet here we are, and Arrow is making the same mistake. So what if this season was a mess, let’s hang onto one of the things that was least effective all year long.

A frustrating Arrow attempts to fix a bad story by doubling down
Why does Dinah crush the bug that Rene planted on Oliver? Those are reusable. It’s not like she…

Read on avclub.com
Acevedo, sincerely, is very good in “Life Sentence.” He has a sense of playfulness when it comes to language that makes his scenes engaging to listen to, if nothing else. It may seem like non-stop shouting, and there is quite a lot of shouting. But he’s playing with volume and pitch and tempo, varying his approach surprisingly often, and even if it’s sometimes comically villainous—thinking of that scene with Anatoly in the car and his absurdly evil-sounding whisper—he’s at least doing something. Imagine if the rest of the season gave him the opportunities that the first two thirds of “The Dragon” did. Imagine if the rest of this season were less like the last third of “The Dragon.”

Alas, much of season six has a lot in common with that last third, in which a guy previously defined by his own brand of practical, meticulous evil, takes the time to light a childhood bully on fire for no good reason. It’s the kind of choice that makes it into a story because it sounds really cool and smart and deep. It’s so cool and smart and deep that no one actually stops to think about what it means, its implications, or how it will shape our perceptions going forward. The same is true of much of “Life Sentence.”

It seems cool and smart and deep for Oliver to make a farewell tour. So what if he only talks to some of his former teammates? So what if that list doesn’t include his wife and son? It seems like a great idea, to have Oliver hand himself over to the FBI in exchange for immunity for all the others, and it seems like a great idea for him to tell those others to keep on being vigilantes without him. So what if those two things are fundamentally opposed? What a great idea, bringing Sara Lance back. Who cares if it amounts to one good scene and an extended sad cameo (sadmeo?).

The frustrating thing—besides the continuing saga of Ricardo Diaz, an Arrow big bad so big and bad that he’s beaten the one-season rule—is that “Life Sentence” could be pretty great, if there were just a little more thought given to the big picture. The reason it works, when it does, is that the show focuses not just on what happens and how cool it is, but what it means to the people who are experiencing these events. It has that in common with the three scenes mentioned in that first paragraph, each of which succeeded by pausing to take a breath and consider the emotional centers, shared histories, and high stakes for both of the characters involved.

Those three scenes—Felicity’s monologue to William as they watch Oliver on the monitors, Oliver and Diggle in the bunker before their fight, and Oliver and Anatoly in that kitchen—aren’t the only good things in season six (again, what’s up, Michael Emerson), but they stand out from the pack. There are three that stand out here, too, and they’ve got quite a lot in common with the scenes above: Oliver and Quentin in the hospital room, Oliver and Felicity in the interrogation room, and Sara and Not-Laurel in the hallway.

As for what they’ve got in common—well, first, they’re all rich in history, the most valuable commodity a show that’s been on for six seasons has, and one that’s gone sorely underused this season.

One great sequence does not a perfect Arrow make—but it is a great sequence
The longer a show runs, the less likely it is to well and truly surprise you. This isn’t a hard and …

Read on avclub.com
Second, they all still find a way to do something new. In the scenes from earlier this season, we see a battle from Felicity’s perspective as she passes some wisdom on, we watch Oliver and Diggle reach an impasse that changes their relationship for good, and we witness two friends turned enemies manipulate and speak truth to each other, all at once. In the scenes from this season, two men who’ve been through an extraordinary amount of heartbreak tell each other they love each other, in words that aren’t those words, but which seem to matter even more; in another, a married couple don’t actually have time to love each other, as one is busy comprehending how the hell her husband could make this decision while the other tries to explain it, first to her and then to his son; in the third, a woman sees her dead sister’s dopplegänger and tries to wrap her mind around that while being terrified for her dad. (That one, in particular, is pretty damn new.)

Third, most of them prominently feature Stephen Amell. It might be the late hour, or the disappointing season, but I think “Life Sentence” is one of Amell’s best outings as Oliver Queen. He’s best when Oliver’s in a quieter mode, and Ollie is real damn quiet here. The writers of this episode tip their hands pretty early here—Oliver gives Diggle a uniform, for crying out loud—but it doesn’t much matter. It’s oddly fitting that such a violent character becomes best defined in moments of gentleness. That’s true of his scenes with Dinah, Rene, and Diggle as well as those listed above. He’s very good here, full stop.

But he’s never better than he is with Paul Blackthorne. Those who saw the news that Blackthorne was leaving the show will have seen this coming a mile away, and frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if even those who didn’t know about his departure had a hunch about what would happen. The Quentin Lance story well had just about run dry, and the Not-Laurel plot was fine at best and deeply creepy and poorly handled at worst. But Blackthorne was always good, and these last scenes with Amell make for a lovely farewell.

Recent Video from The A.V. ClubVIEW MORE >

Please don't try this at home: Pat Bertoletti shows us how to drink a gallon of milk in 30 seconds
5/08/18 11:27am
There are worse ways to end for season, and frankly, if this episode had ended the Diaz arc, it might be easier to overlook its other silly flaws—some disappointing fights by Arrow standards, the sloppy plotting, a few off notes. I can’t overlook them, but I’m still inclined to view this episode in a mostly positive light. Maybe over the summer, Arrow’s writers (and their new showrunner) can figure out a way to use Acevedo’s talents to better effect.

Season grade: C+

Stray observations
  • What, Curtis doesn’t rate a spot on the goodbye tour? Who is he, William?
  • Salmon ladder watch: Let’s hope there’s one in the new bunker.
  • TAMVP: Stephen Amell.
  • Caity Lotz kicked the shit out of the approximately three minutes she rated in this episode. I miss you, Legends of Tomorrow.
  • Blackthorne’s next project.
  • If you want to avoid information about the character joining the show for next year’s crossover, don’t click this link.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Arrow's Finale Will Call Back To The Season Premiere In A Big Way

BY LAURA HURLEY
0 COMMENTS
3 DAYS AGO

Arrow has been a wild ride in Season 6, and the show heading into the finale is almost unrecognizable from the show back in the season premiere. Big bad Ricardo Diaz came on the scene to take Star City during a very inopportune time for the good guys. Team Arrow split into Original Team Arrow and an entirely separate team comprised of Dinah, Curtis, and Rene. The split has only gotten wider with the departure of John Diggle from the Arrow Bunker. Emily Bett Rickards, who plays the formidable Felicity Smoak, spoke with CinemaBlend about how the finale will call back to some of what fans saw back in the beginning. When I asked if fans could expect some elements from the premiere to return in the finale, she said this:

We have such a divide in our show this year between the two teams, and it felt like I wasn't working on the same show as Juliana [Harkavy}. I'd only see her some of the time. I rarely got to work with Paul Blackthorne. I didn't see, like, Echo [Kellum] at all this year! There can be rifts and severs in teams and in relationships and such, but I think learning that being together is always stronger is hopefully what we're teaching on our show and we are one world, that kind of thing... By the end of filming the last three episodes, I was like, 'Juliana! I feel like I haven't seen you! Do we even work on the same show?'

As we saw in last week's episode, the confrontation between the good guys and Ricardo Diaz's forces has become an all-hands-on-deck situation. The end of that episode saw Original Team Arrow allied once more with the three newer vigilantes, with even Lyla in the mix. Still, they weren't enough to score a win over on Diaz that would have given them an edge. Felicity and Oliver had to race to safety before a file that could have taken out Diaz could be decrypted, and Diaz managed to survive a huge explosion that should have killed him. All the heroes of Star City will need to work together to take him down, just as they were working together in the beginning of the season.

That said, the divide between the two teams was so severe and lasted for so long that we probably shouldn't expect them to be ready to join together for good with all issues resolved by the end of the episode. Of course, we do already know that the show will never be the same after the Season 6 finale, and Emily Bett Rickards already revealed that the finale will go out with "a bang to the heart" rather than a literal bang, so we should prepare ourselves for an emotional hour of television. Rickards went on in our chat to tease how Arrow will try to bring everything full circle in the finale:

I wonder if there's any golden nuggets for the fans. I mean, I'm sure there is, there always are. There's a couple I can think of. It's a learning experience for us as audience members, as actors, as writers and storytellers and listeners, and I think hopefully we'll be able to bring that all together because that's what you want to do. You want to get a premiere and a finale that seem at all together and streamlined through to make a good story.

Judging by Emily Bett Rickards' comments, fans will want to keep an eye out for details that may connect back to episodes (or perhaps even seasons) past. All things considered, it sounds like the Arrow Season 6 finale will be an intense hour of television. Between Ricardo Diaz and his forces, the teams finally working together again, Samanda Watson in the mix with Oliver's confession about his secret identity, and somebody winding up in the hospital, a lot is bound to happen.

Be sure to tune in to The CW at 9 p.m. ET to catch the Season 6 finale of Arrow. Interestingly, this will be the last new episode of Arrow to air on Thursdays for the foreseeable future. Arrow is moving to Mondays at 9 p.m. ET for the 2018-2019 TV season when it picks back up in the fall. For more schedule changes in the Arrow-verse, check out our rundown of The CW's 2018-2019 fall schedule. The Arrow-verse will also introduce a character from Gotham City for the first time next season, so there's a lot to look forward to. For what you can watch in the meantime, check out our summer TV premiere guide.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fox’s Gotham this Thursday night wrapped Season 4 — and delivered its last episode until 2019 — with 2.2 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating, down a tenth in the demo.

Of The CW’s finales, Supernatural (1.6 mil/0.5, TVLine reader grade “B+”) drew its best audience since March 29 while up a tenth in the demo. Arrow (1.35 mil/0.5, TVLine reader grade “B”) surged 35 and 66 percent to deliver its best numbers since Jan. 25 and Jan. 18

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

Question: Any scoop on Arrow? —Sara

Ausiello: Not a week after this season’s finale, we already have some buzz on Season 7 — namely, that while Oliver’s in Supermax, Team Arrow will have to contend with an ambitious, young, anti-vigilante recruit at the SCPD. (If vigilantes were vampires, consider her your Buffy.)

Another recurring role to be cast is that of a successful tech whiz who is gay, and who harbors a heartbreaking past.

:hithead:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

https://screenrant.com/arrow-season-7-audition-tape-details/

Arrow Audition Tape Suggests Season 7 Will Defy Fan Expectations [Updated]

WARNING: The following article contains SPOILERS for Arrow season 6.

-

A leaked Arrow audition videohas proven quite revealing regarding the state of Star City after the stunning season 6 finale. The video also seems to shoot down a fan theory regarding one of the new characters being introduced for season 7 of the superhero show.

The sixth season of Arrow saw the vigilantes of Star City menaced by both gang leader Ricardo Diaz and FBI agent Samandra Watson, who was more concerned with the problems caused by vigilante justice than organized crime. In the Arrow season 6 finale, Green Arrow struck a deal with Watson to secure her help in going after Diaz and the cabal of crooked cops and politicians that Diaz had built up in his bid for power. In exchange for Queen's pleading guilty to a number of federal charges, Watson agreed not to go after the rest of Star City's superheroes and helped to free the local government from Diaz's control. Though Diaz managed to escape capture thanks to the intervention of the supervillain Black Siren, the season ended with Diaz effectively neutered and Oliver Queen in a maximum security prison with no hope of freedom.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://screenrant.com/stephen-amell-goatee-arrow-season-7/

Stephen Amell Is Finally Getting A Goatee In Arrow Season 7

Legends-of-Tomorrow-Star-City-2046-Stephen-Amell-Arrow.jpg

Warning: This article contains SPOILERS Arrow season 6 finale.

Despite proving popular enough to last six seasons, many fans of the original Green Arrow comics have criticized The CW's Arrow for its divergences from the source material. Those fans may be thrilled to know that the seventh season of the long-running show will see actor Stephen Amell finally following through on an old promise and growing Oliver Queen's distinctive "Robin Hood" goatee.

Amell famously promised, in the early days of Arrow's existence, that he would grow out his beard to resemble Oliver Queen's legendary facial hair at some point before the series came to a close. The exact terms have been amended several times, with Amell claiming in 2015 that if the show lasted to season 6, he would then show up with the classic beard on day one. That didn't come to pass, clearly, but it seems that the Arrowverse version of Oliver Queen may be abandoning his usual scruffy short beard for a more stylized look in the first episode of season 7.

RELATED: ARROW: MAJOR CHARACTER NOT RETURNING FOR SEASON 7
Stephen Amell made an appearance at Motor City Comic Con recently, where he told audiences that he's growing a goatee for Arrow season 7 (via ComicBook). He warned the audience, however, that they shouldn't expect the goatee to be permanent, nor to expect him to completely adopt the classic costume designed by legendary artist Neal Adams. “I can’t promise that I’m going to keep [the goatee] forever. I can definitely promise that I’m not going to wear the stupid hat.”

Precisely what costume Green Arrow will wear in season 7 remains to be seen. It may be some time before audiences see Oliver Queen in any form of costume after Arrow's season 6 finale, which ended with his secret identity being exposed to the world and the Emerald Archer facing a life sentence in prison. Amell speculated upon the question, but gave no solid answers.

"We’ve actually been thinking a lot, assuming that Ollie gets out of prison if he suits back up as the Green Arrow, what does that costume look like? Because there’s no more secret identity. That cat is out of the bag. Not that it was that secret before, but we will see."

It's worth noting that Amell technically did keep his promise to sport Green Arrow's famous goatee, but not on Arrow. Amell appeared in the "Star City 2046" episode of the first season of Legends of Tomorrow, playing a future version of Oliver Queen. This version of Green Arrow had failed his city, having lost an arm and all his allies, save for protege John Diggle Jr., in his battle to save Star City from Grant Wilson, who had taken up his father's identity as Deathstroke. Amell donned old-age make-up and a grey goatee in order to portray the elderly Oliver, in a performance that evoked memories of the older Oliver Queen from the classic graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns. But, it seems it's time for him to bring that goatee over to Arrow.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
@fonzerrillii

https://screenrant.com/arrow-season-7-audition-tape-details/

Arrow Audition Tape Suggests Season 7 Will Defy Fan Expectations [Updated]

WARNING: The following article contains SPOILERS for Arrow season 6.

-

A leaked Arrow audition videohas proven quite revealing regarding the state of Star City after the stunning season 6 finale. The video also seems to shoot down a fan theory regarding one of the new characters being introduced for season 7 of the superhero show.

The sixth season of Arrow saw the vigilantes of Star City menaced by both gang leader Ricardo Diaz and FBI agent Samandra Watson, who was more concerned with the problems caused by vigilante justice than organized crime. In the Arrow season 6 finale, Green Arrow struck a deal with Watson to secure her help in going after Diaz and the cabal of crooked cops and politicians that Diaz had built up in his bid for power. In exchange for Queen's pleading guilty to a number of federal charges, Watson agreed not to go after the rest of Star City's superheroes and helped to free the local government from Diaz's control. Though Diaz managed to escape capture thanks to the intervention of the supervillain Black Siren, the season ended with Diaz effectively neutered and Oliver Queen in a maximum security prison with no hope of freedom.

Fool me once shame on you... But fool me 3 times.. I ain’t getting fooled again. LOL

I’ll wait and see

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fool me once shame on you... But fool me 3 times.. I ain’t getting fooled again. LOL

I’ll wait and see

Arrow Audition Tape Teases New Archer For Season 7
By Eric Joseph 6 days ago

Just as The Flash has introduced us to no shortage of speedsters throughout the years, Arrow has seen its share of archers come through the door. In addition to Oliver Queen AKA the Green Arrow himself, we’ve met the likes of Roy Harper/Arsenal, Thea Queen/Speedy, Malcolm Merlyn/the Dark Archer and Carrie Cutter/Cupid over the course of six seasons.

Having taken that quick trip down memory lane, it shouldn’t come as too much of a shock to learn that we may be adding another to the quiver come this fall. As you may recall, word on the street has said at least two notable DC characters will be surfacing in Star City before long, one of which is a female vigilante.

Thanks to a recently surfaced clip over at Vimeo, we’ve been given an idea as to what the future may hold. You see, actress Izzy Alan has auditioned for a character currently being referred to as “Konomi Rhodes,” which we’re guessing is but a code name used to prevent major spoilers from leaking.

Arrow Gallery
1 of 7

• green-arrow-season-4.jpg
    green-arrow-season-4.jpg
PrevNext
CLICK TO ZOOM
zoom.png

In this video, she reads for scenes being shared with whom we assume to be Green Arrow and Black Canary, in which we learn that she’s indeed a vigilante from the Glades relying on brutal methods – and that she’s lost her father to mafia violence. What’s more is that she mimes drawing back a bow at one point, so it’s safe to say we know her weapon of choice.

Now, this new info has caused some to shoot down the notion that “Konomi” is not the Emiko Queen character from the source material, but we’re not ruling out her being based on Emiko – it’s just that she’ll be of a different lineage. Don’t forget, she was among the more recent to dub themselves “Red Arrow” in the comics, so it’s very possible that Benjamin Percy’s run be used as inspiration for whatever lies ahead.

Arrow returns for its seventh season on Monday nights this fall on The CW, and we can’t wait to see how this young woman factors into things.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

Green Arrow Comic Tells Prison Story The TV Show Won't

The seventh season of Arrow seems ready to bring the concept of the cancelled Green Arrow movie Supermaxto life on the small screen. Meanwhile, the monthly Green Arrowcomic is tackling an entirely different sort of story involving prisons - one that Arrow seems unlikely to address.

Green Arrow #41 saw The Emerald Archer running an escort mission on behalf of the Justice League, accompanying the convoy transporting a metahuman known as The Parasite to his day in court. Given that The Parasite's energy-draining abilities allowed him to duplicate the metahuman powers of anyone he touched, it was judged that Oliver Queen would be the most able person to contain the situation (without escalating it should something go wrong).

Naturally, something did go wrong, as it was discovered that the DNA contained in a glob of spit was enough to trigger Parasite's abilities. One errant spitball from another super-strong inmate caused The Parasite to start running amok.

Related: 25 Things About Arrow That Make No Sense
https://screenrant.com/green-arrow-prison-comic-tv-show/

Green-Arrow-Comic-TV-Show-Changes.jpg

As Green Arrow #42 opens, Oliver Queen has tracked The Parasite into the sewers under the prison. Rather than seeking to turn The Parasite into a pin-cushion, Green Arrow tries to talk him into returning peacefully. The Parasite dismisses this idea, telling Green Arrow about the man he was before an accident turned him into The Parasite. And how, despite being promised that the government would try to find a cure for him, he was shoved in a hole in the ground and left to rot by the prison's warden.

Once The Parasite is recaptured, Green Arrow asks to see The Parasite's cell, which is covered with suicidal graffiti. When he confronts the warden over the abusive treatment The Parasite has suffered, the warden doesn't deny keeping the prisoner locked away in inhumane conditions. He defends his actions, however, by pointing out that he is doing the best that he can with a limited budget.

The warden goes on to list the difficulties in running a standard prison, and how those problems are exacerbated by the need to take care of metahuman prisoners. He says the state doesn't given him the budget to provide his guards with a decent health care plan, much less construct a special cell that would allow The Parasite - who can also drain energy from electronic devices - to watch TV without being an escape risk. Green Arrow concedes the point, but says that prisoners "only stay men if we treat them that way. Otherwise they really are monsters... And so are we."

Perhaps the most stunning aspect of this story is the nuanced portrayal of the warden, who resists the usual genre cliches of being a petty tyrant who relishes the chance to violently put his charges in their place, calling them all animals and monsters. This is the expectation Green Arrow holds until he tries to talk to the warden in the same way that he spoke to The Parasite.

This story shows that sometimes there are no easy answers and no true villains - a lesson it is shocking to see delivered in a comic book and one we probably won't see conveyed in the upcoming season of Arrow.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://screenrant.com/arrow-season-7-batwoman-character-details/

The first description of Batwoman in the Arrowverse might've been revealed thanks to the casting breakdowns for Arrow season 7. Back in May, during CW's Upfront presentation, Arrow star Stephen Amell revealed that the next annual Arrowverse crossover would bring Batwoman and Gotham City to the TV multiverse. Since that bombshell, details on why Kate Kane's alter ego would even show up have been scarce.

It's even been unclear if Batwoman will pop up on one of the handful of Arrowverse series before the crossover and if so, which one. There's been evidence for Batwoman and Gotham to exist on Earth-1 of Arrow and The Flash or Supergirl's Earth-38. The newest casting information makes it seem like the Bat wind is blowing in Arrow's direction. Kate Kane could appear on the universe's flagship series before the crossover event.

Related: Is DC Universe Ignoring The DCEU & Arrowverse?

That Hashtag Show has received the breakdown for three new characters that will join Arrow during season 7. The first couple, a 30-40s "intimating" male named "Dover" and a 30-something female mercenary named "Leah" aren't all that interesting. It's possible that Leah and Dover, who are both recurring, could be code names for important DC character and/or just become hugely influential figures in Arrow season 7. Neither though is likely to be Batwoman.

The third new character who is being given the name "Angeline" (for now) is a lot more intriguing. Angeline is being described as a diverse woman in her 30s and fierce fighter despite "a small stature." Angeline is experienced in stealth and able to "wipe out buildings filled with foes all by herself before she is gone like a ghost." Angeline thinks very highly of her abilities and will be recurring presence in Arrow season 7. The description doesn't exactly scream Batwoman but it hints at her rather heavily.

Batwoman isn't known for being small in stature. She's usually depicted as being as a similar height and body type to her cousin, Batman. However everything else would be a rather natural fit for Batwoman. There's few DC heroes that can wipe out an entire building and escape "like a ghost" better than members of the Batfamily.

Even if Batwoman makes her debut in the yearly Arrowverse crossover it would make sense to introduce her civilian identity, Kate Kane, before the event or one of the Arrowverse shows. Arrow would be the most natural fit for Batwoman to make an appearance as the show usually hits a lot of the same themes as a regular Batman story. Star City will also be without its main vigilante of the night following Oliver Queen's arrest in season 6. Angeline (or Batwoman) could arrive to fill that hole.

This is all speculation, of course. Yet it seems rather undeniable that whether Angeline is Batwoman or not that she will be some new type of hero or vigilante on Arrow. She could be an original character or some other DC hero that stalks in the shadows that's not Batwoman. However, with Team Arrow already being rather stuffed and Batwoman's arrival to the Arrowverse a certainty, it only makes sense to connect the two dots.

Batwoman could never appear on Arrow in any capacity and just be apart of the crossover event. Yet the smart money is on Angeline being a codename for none other than Kate Kane. For now though fans will have to wait to learn for sure. Although it's likely that more Arrow season 7 details will come out at San Diego Comic Con in late July.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

hmmmmmm...

Ok why now every damn time I see Rene face I want to scream and punch the screen?

And why the f*ck didnt DC/WB just give Anell the money to do a big screen Supermax movie?

And @fonzerrillii @ansatsusha_gouki

didn't we NOT have this idea for this season YEARS ago?

And the "new" arrow looks feminine and that scene was NOT their best EFX job.

and I was NOT hyped to see Kirk Acevedo

ad I SHOULD have been.

So no commissioner and no speedy

and apparently Ragmen STILL who apparently got lost in some laundromat.

I don;t know...but I think the prison portion will be EXCELLENT, cause you can tell he has been WAITING for the chance to do this.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
hmmmmmm...

Ok why now every damn time I see Rene face I want to scream and punch the screen?

And why the f*ck didnt DC/WB just give Anell the money to do a big screen Supermax movie?

And @fonzerrillii @ansatsusha_gouki

didn't we NOT have this idea for this season YEARS ago?

And the "new" arrow looks feminine and that scene was NOT their best EFX job.

and I was NOT hyped to see Kirk Acevedo

ad I SHOULD have been.

So no commissioner and no speedy

and apparently Ragmen STILL who apparently got lost in some laundromat.

I don;t know...but I think the prison portion will be EXCELLENT, cause you can tell he has been WAITING for the chance to do this.

The woman that plays Speedy left the show. She'll probably come back as a special guest but she won't be on there as a regular guest. Arsenal is going to take her place but to me that doesn't make sense because the both of them left together....unless,they kill Speedy offscreen.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The woman that plays Speedy left the show. She'll probably come back as a special guest but she won't be on there as a regular guest. Arsenal is going to take her place but to me that doesn't make sense because the both of them left together....unless,they kill Speedy offscreen.

I know..

I was actually trying to forget this mindless bullsh*t.

it doesn't make ANY SENSE what the f*ck they doing.

You think Batwoman really gonna be able to fix all this (and I think SHE is the "new" Arrow btw)