Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
You know me :lol:

Honestly thanks I didnt think about VYM......

EDIT:

@Madrox fam you woke me up just now....

high-dividend-etfs

Word up. I had VYM in my IRA when I first opened it about a year ago... but got antsy, pivoted to a new position, and missed it appreciate from the 70's to where it is now at 100. I was too green and didn't know what I didn't know as far as how the markets cycle and what not. But if I ever decide to get out of (what I view as) my individual value stocks (CVS & INTC, both actually have room to grow AND pay a decent divvy), then pivoting back to VYM or VIG is at the top of the game plan for me.

I've been reading and watching a lot of material on indexing v. active management/ stock picking lately as far as long term results. Seems like most of the time, for LONG TERM parking (3 years +) indexing is the way to go for not only preservation, but almost guaranteed outperformance. I mean we could still hit with ARK or some lotto ticket stocks. Just depends on whether its fun money or foundational loot.

Past results do not guarantee future success, but still....

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Grabbed some
Word up. I had VYM in my IRA when I first opened it about a year ago... but got antsy, pivoted to a new position, and missed it appreciate from the 70's to where it is now at 100. I was too green and didn't know what I didn't know as far as how the markets cycle and what not. But if I ever decide to get out of (what I view as) my individual value stocks (CVS & INTC, both actually have room to grow AND pay a decent divvy), then pivoting back to VYM or VIG is at the top of the game plan for me.

I've been reading and watching a lot of material on indexing v. active management/ stock picking lately as far as long term results. Seems like most of the time, for LONG TERM parking (3 years +) indexing is the way to go for not only preservation, but almost guaranteed outperformance. I mean we could still hit with ARK or some lotto ticket stocks. Just depends on whether its fun money or foundational loot.

Past results do not guarantee future success, but still....

Great info brother!

Yea the thing is I have QQQ, Franklin Dynatech, VIG, VOO, MTUM, in my Edward Jones account, I had to go look because Ive stopped putting money in and just seeing going for solo and pretty much doing the same growth percentage wise. I think the money just burning me up I need to put it to use.

Yea the Ark is gonna do what it do, Im just trying to push my plan up to be done if I wanted to by 50. Im getting close to that, I just need a crystal ball. lol

The irony is my man hit me up shortly after this and was like remember Jumia Technologies I was telling you about in 2019... You may want to get in. So I did end up grabbing a small position.

Those high-dividend ETFs are horrible!

Yea they are lol..... If you got some paper better of just grabbing T and rocking out.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Grabbed some

Great info brother!

Yea the thing is I have QQQ, Franklin Dynatech, VIG, VOO, MTUM, in my Edward Jones account, I had to go look because I've stopped putting money in and just seeing going for solo and pretty much doing the same growth percentage wise. I think the money just burning me up I need to put it to use.

Yea the Ark is gonna do what it do, Im just trying to push my plan up to be done if I wanted to by 50. Im getting close to that, I just need a crystal ball. lol

The irony is my man hit me up shortly after this and was like remember Jumia Technologies I was telling you about in 2019... You may want to get in. So I did end up grabbing a small position.

You've def got your house in order man :cheers:

I'm liking the foundation I have right now as well: mix of ARKs, Vanguard ETFs and a few individual stocks in each portfolio and just building on that. "Concentrated Diversity" is what I call it. Trying to have like 8-10 holdings max, but fully diversified overall. Also trying to get to amounts cost basis-wise in each and let my winners run. It's hard though because I find myself wanting to buy as many shares of IPOE, ARKF, etc. while they're cheap too :pain:

I missed the boat on Jumia. I wanted to hold that long term but really trying to cap my holdings and not spread myself too thin. It's on my bench (watchlist) right now just in case any other players get injured or get into foul trouble..

Uncle John

Rising Star
Registered
You've def got your house in order man :cheers:

I'm liking the foundation I have right now as well: mix of ARKs, Vanguard ETFs and a few individual stocks in each portfolio and just building on that. "Concentrated Diversity" is what I call it. Trying to have like 8-10 holdings max, but fully diversified overall. Also trying to get to amounts cost basis-wise in each and let my winners run. It's hard though because I find myself wanting to buy as many shares of IPOE, ARKF, etc. while they're cheap too :pain:

I missed the boat on Jumia. I wanted to hold that long term but really trying to cap my holdings and not spread myself too thin. It's on my bench (watchlist) right now just in case any other players get injured or get into foul trouble..
Jumia swings hi/lo in crazy ways. In my opinion we are at support now and poised for a wild ride soon.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
0fld4Ng.png

NIO traders, be ready for both directions tomorrow. If it opens up it could test $40. If it continues to sell off it could go to $34.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What $SQ do u have? What hits 300 first SE or SQ?

90 shares sq for about 249

SE will hit 300 first and has more upside

tipranks and wallet investor have sq at 1000 in 5 years

they both have SE at 2500 in 5 years

SE is like a hydra with tentacles in everything

Just started my research and its potential is huge

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
90 shares sq for about 249

SE will hit 300 first and has more upside

tipranks and wallet investor have sq at 1000 in 5 years

they both have SE at 2500 in 5 years

SE is like a hydra with tentacles in everything

Just started my research and its potential is huge

I've been watching SE for a minute (ever since I discovered it in the ARK fund holdings). Great play for Southeast Asia. That market as a whole is really slept on by retail investors imo. Huge market size between Singapore-Malaysia-Indonesia-Vietnam-Philippines. Potentially extend to India and Australia (although there may be barriers competition wise).

I'm getting exposure to SE & SQ long term through ARKF, but have them both on the watch list if one of my core holdings burns out.

Last edited:

Supersav

Rising Star
Registered
I've been watching SE for a minute (ever since I discovered it in the ARK fund holdings). Great play for SE Asia. That market as a whole is really slept on by retail investors imo. Huge market size between Singapore-Malaysia-Indonesia-Vietnam-Philippines. Potentially extend to India and Australia (although their may be barriers competition wise).

I'm getting exposure to SE & SQ long term through ARKF, but have them both on the watch list if one of my core holdings burns out.
Then you should love cpng too

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Then you should love cpng too

I first heard about them a few weeks back but haven't done a ton of research. Mainly follow via the posts here. But I'm all about getting a certain percentage of exposure to the emerging markets for the next 5-10 years. For now I'm trying to keep an eye out, but also drown out some of the noise and keep my long term portfolio as is.

Short term: I'm still beat up from the recent volatility so I'm waiting for my trading account to rebound (BNGO, IPOE, SNDL, VACQ -- I aint sellin shit!) before making any moves there. But if/once they do, I plan on cashing out and starting over so I can go in on some of these next plays on my watch list.