Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Who's long in $CCIV? I keep seeing Licid Air commercials, YouTube vids, and shit all on the internet. I don't think it will be a Tesla killer, but do you think it could be a runner against them?

That's google's algorithm marketing ads to you based off what your interests are.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
in the past 20 years if you were invested in apple, amazon, tesla only you would have beaten the market.

Sure 15 is on the low side of being diversified but it is not bad. There is no set in stone rule for investing.

Warren Buffet have over 45 stocks in his portfolio but he is a billionaire.
15 stocks in a small account is bad, especially when the target audience is new investors.
It looks more like speculative investment.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
All the people who bought pltr at $40 are praying demo day will give them a spike. I doubt it though.

i have firmly accepted that this could trade sideways for another year or two
but i expect it to be huge a few years down the line

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think her results and commentary agree with what you're saying. She's giving an update on where she is vs where she started out and how she got there (how many holdings she started with/ has and how they've panned out so far).

It's not necessarily about following her lead, but about learning from other folks good and bad experiences.

I will say that the way M1 works, with self made pie allocations and fractional shares, when you choose your companies you're essentially making your own ETF. Instead of simply buying VTI or VOO. Which some ppl prefer.

I also think there is a space above novice noob and below expert where a lot of retail investors sit these days.... and do thoroughly research a ton of companies (myself included).

thoroughly research a ton of companies ? Damn!

I don't do this for a living so I have limited time to conduct research on multiple companies and sectors.
Also you have to research the companies' competitors, do daily reading to keep track of the economic cycle we are in and how it relates to the companies you are invest in and etc.
My head will blow off if I try to research so many companies and their competitors.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
thoroughly research a ton of companies ? Damn!

I don't do this for a living so I have limited time to conduct research on multiple companies and sectors.
Also you have to research the companies' competitors, do daily reading to keep track of the economic cycle we are in and how it relates to the companies you are invest in and etc.
My head will blow off if I try to research so many companies and their competitors.

Yea man. I've kinda taken to researching more since quarantine hit and gravitated to the grind. I do a lot of reading, watch a lot of videos/tutorials, and trying to get sharper with the basics of fundamental financial analysis (balance sheet, income & cash flow statement).

A few theories that I'm trying to abide by are:

(1) "Invest in what you know" -- Peter Lynch
(2) "Stay within your circle of competence" -- Warren Buffet

...these two suggestions help me stay focused on the companies/sectors that I use or have exposure to or have deeper interest in. Through that exposure and interest, I find myself naturally checking in on them in the normal course of business (living/reading/watching). And also having a better understanding of the environment that they move in, the competition, etc.

A good example of that from the chick's video was her explanation on why she invests in Target and not Walmart, even though she shops at both.

(3) I've been reading articles by this contributor from SA lately who talks about building and managing a long term portfolio and sticking with it through the various market conditions. One thing that stuck with me was that a small part of your portfolio will usually generate a large percentage of your gains over time. So even more important than worrying about having too many holdings, is allowing your winners to run. You're not always sure WHO the winners are going to be, so they suggest keeping your costs basis even for all holdings and letting the alphas emerge and run:

How Many Stocks Should You Own?

...15 holdings is def a lot. But if someone is treating their overall portfolio as a whole entity (like a diversified ETF) then I can see how it may work. Personally, when I started my M1 account last year I had like 16-18 diff companies at first. But I've widdled it down to 8 ( a mix of 4 individual stocks, and then diversify THROUGH 4 ETFs). I plan on staying at that #, but def no more than 10 at most going forward.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
EyueOK9XAAQDZBV

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
NIO has strong support at $36.80. I was trying to short it, but it wouldnt drop. Still watching though.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
ALAMEDA, Calif. --(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Astra Space Inc. (“Astra”), the fastest privately-funded company in history to demonstrate orbital launch capability, today announced that it will host a virtual Investor Day on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. PT ( 11:00 a.m. ET ).

Astra and Holicity Inc. (Nasdaq: HOL), a special purpose acquisition company, announced a proposed business combination on February 2, 2021 . The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2021.

Event: Astra 2021 Investor Day When: Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 Webcast Link: https://astra.com/investors/ Replay: A webcast replay will be available on the Investor Relations section of Astra’s website following the event.

Astra’s Investor Day will consist of presentations from Astra’s leadership team, including:
Chris Kemp , Founder, Chairman & CEO
Dr. Adam London , Founder, CTO
Bryson Gentile , Vice President, Manufacturing
Benjamin Lyon , Chief Engineer
Martin Attiq , Chief Business Officer
Kelyn Brannon , Chief Financial Officer
Randy Russell , Holicity Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer

To conclude the event, Astra will be hosting a question and answer session with its leadership team.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
ALAMEDA, Calif. --(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Astra Space Inc. (“Astra”), the fastest privately-funded company in history to demonstrate orbital launch capability, today announced that it will host a virtual Investor Day on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. PT ( 11:00 a.m. ET ).

Astra and Holicity Inc. (Nasdaq: HOL), a special purpose acquisition company, announced a proposed business combination on February 2, 2021 . The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2021.

Event: Astra 2021 Investor Day When: Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 Webcast Link: https://astra.com/investors/ Replay: A webcast replay will be available on the Investor Relations section of Astra’s website following the event.

Astra’s Investor Day will consist of presentations from Astra’s leadership team, including:
Chris Kemp , Founder, Chairman & CEO
Dr. Adam London , Founder, CTO
Bryson Gentile , Vice President, Manufacturing
Benjamin Lyon , Chief Engineer
Martin Attiq , Chief Business Officer
Kelyn Brannon , Chief Financial Officer
Randy Russell , Holicity Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer

To conclude the event, Astra will be hosting a question and answer session with its leadership team.

The fastest privately funded company in history? is that the best they got?

TOMMYGUNZZ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Imagine all the idiots that sold Tesla at 500 instead of buying more :smh:

When you look at Tesla as a tech company and not just a car company
It does not make sense to try and short them
I sold off a ton of spec shit and picked up about 10 shares. Thats all I could afford at the time lol! This is looking gooood. Like you said, it is not just cars, they do SO many other things and are poised to do even more!