Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
I feel you. I have more confidence in the companies that I'm also investing in long term or have had on my watchlist for a minute. That way I feel better about the price prediction. I was thinking about an $INTC call to try to play of their earnings too, but Ima sit it out this time and let my trades settle properly.

I don't know how you guys do this every day..

$INTC margins not as strong. Weaker outlook for Q4. $AMD getting stronger in data center? I hope $AMD doesn't disappoint me next week with earnings because the upcoming Q4 should be a good one.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey guys. So today will be another airlines day. Get your options contracts in early get out when you see a profit. If the airlines have another weekend like they just did, your options will double.

Don't laugh! But it's not until recently that i realize "option scalping" is a thing?
It's not until i started using Barchart for "unusual options activity" and seeing all the buy/sell option plays with $TSLA did i realize people were doing that.

Lawd...better late than never.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Stocks To Watch: Big Test For Tech, New IPOs And Fisker Blaze In
Oct. 24, 2020 8:39 AM ETAAN, AAPL...8 Likes
Welcome to Seeking Alpha's Stocks to Watch - a preview of key events scheduled for the next week.

looking at ANT- going to buy BABA

this is going to be huge

Efkie

International
International Member
GOALS
Where i am trying to be right now. what a lovely portfolio

You're timing is impeccable, if you managed to trade it like that.
I had a winner back then, but didn't manage it properly.
Hopefully I won't repeat that mistake.:hmm:

Last edited:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who else is buying puts on SNAP for 11/06?

$SNAP owes me after how much blood it's taken from me.
Now without question it's a manipualted stock.
Nothing about it's earning reports suggest it's insane bullshit ride the past week.
$24 to just about $45 end of last week and likely 50ish predicted end of this week without falling at all?
What stock practically doubles in price off earnings report in less than 5 days?

Ridicioulous manipulation.

That 11/06 week...Sounds about right! The time frame and timing around a crazy election result says the market is going in a bearish trend.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
You're timing is impeccable, if you managed to trade it like that.
I had a winner back then, but didn't manage it properly.
Hopefully I won't repeat that mistake.:hmm:

oh this aint mine. this is for someone else. i am trying to be like him

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to make a $1k this week on options an invest $500 max to get it. Looks like I am going to find some puts contracts.

I love options trading..When you win it's glorious to see a couple of hundreds/thousands in a matter of mins to hours.
But when you lose..it hurts badly.

I'm learning risk management is more important with options trading compared to any other type of trading.

You absolutely have to do your homework ahead of time.

You absolutely have to learn to cut losses..quickly! There's a strong tendancy to not want to take an L early in the trade and hope/predict that the trade will go in your direction. But the losses piles up very quickly like the wins.

Right now the cheaper weekly contracts is what i can afford.
But the volitility and theta decay is no joke. If you open up the righ position it works well..but the wrong position is disastrous.

Option scalping is something im looking into trying out. Stock with high volitility like Tesla and generably predictable patterns maybe a nice play.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
I love options trading..When you win it's glorious to see a couple of hundreds/thousands in a matter of mins to hours.
But when you lose..it hurts badly.

I'm learning risk management is more important with options trading compared to any other type of trading.

You absolutely have to do your homework ahead of time.

You absolutely have to learn to cut losses..quickly! There's a strong tendancy to not want to take an L early in the trade and hope/predict that the trade will go in your direction. But the losses piles up very quickly like the wins.

Right now the cheaper weekly contracts is what i can afford.
But the volitility and theta decay is no joke. If you open up the righ position it works well..but the wrong position is disastrous.

You preaching to the choir :roflmao: A month or so ago I doubled up with a BOA contract. I'm still learning so I was looking for cheap plays. My contract was like $100 an I doubled up in 2hrs. So I cashed out an bought 2 more contracts the next day an lost all that shit. I think those contracts were 1 month contracts. Same exact shit happened to me with Ford :hmm:.

I got some money invested into XLK but its a long term 2yr contract. I've been watching the Come Up Series on youtube and learning more. They hate short term option plays, an I understand why but I want to make some weekly income.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You preaching to the choir :roflmao: A month or so ago I doubled up with a BOA contract. I'm still learning so I was looking for cheap plays. My contract was like $100 an I doubled up in 2hrs. So I cashed out an bought 2 more contracts the next day an lost all that shit. I think those contracts were 1 month contracts. Same exact shit happened to me with Ford :hmm:.

I got some money invested into XLK but its a long term 2yr contract. I've been watching the Come Up Series on youtube and learning more. They hate short term option plays, an I understand why but I want to make some weekly income.

I get it! But, imo, you can't really trade long term option plays unless you have a decent nest egg.
A 1 month striaght buy put/call contract for something like $TSLA, $AAPL as an example is easily $3,000-$6,000.
I know there are spread play that can reduce that cost. But still that's ONE contract.

I know some got it like that but this is little money over here trying to come up.
I honestly think you can win with the short term plays.
But you have to be a lot more discipline in your plays and certainly do your due diligience.
95% of my losses on short term plays have been self-inflected.
Greed has been 90% of the reason why..trying to make that extra dollar.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
I get it! But, imo, you can't really trade long term option plays unless you have a decent nest egg.
A 1 month striaght buy put/call contract for something like $TSLA, $AAPL as an example is easily $3,000-$6,000.
I know there are spread play that can reduce that cost. But still that's ONE contract.

I know some got it like that but this is little money over here trying to come up.
I honestly think you can win with the short term plays.
But you have to be a lot more discipline in your plays and certainly do your due diligience.
95% of my losses on short term plays have been self-inflected.
Greed has been 90% of the reason why..trying to make that extra dollar.

We learn as we go! As long as we keep going, we will figure it out!

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kinda shit the bed today and left plenty of money on table with my SPY puts. As soon as I sold that shit tanked :angry:

With these option contracts it's NEVER a bad day when you can walk away with gains.
It's trying to get those extra gains that gets you everytime.
Trust, you don't want to be on the other side of that price action.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
$AMD with the okie doke... Reporting earnings at 5am rather than the reported 5 pm. Strong earnings quarter (actually, record quarter...?) Down because of the merger news with Xilinx for 30B. Still holding this until the wheels fall off.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$AMD with the okie doke... Reporting earnings at 5am rather than the reported 5 pm. Strong earnings quarter (actually, record quarter...?) Down because of the merger news with Xilinx for 30B. Still holding this until the wheels fall off.

Killed me! I still don't understand why they dropped? The beat earnings and acquired a company that will further their foot in the industry.
This market isn't making any sense right now..
:smh:

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Killed me! I still don't understand why they dropped? The beat earnings and acquired a company that will further their foot in the industry.
This market isn't making any sense right now..
:smh:

it dropped cause AMD is overpaying by about 10%