Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Seems the herd has found $CRSR. It was a nice run... I hate when manipulation and shorts find a stock. On to the next one.

Snuck in another trade of KTB for $60. I think this ride is over until it drops back down to its usual price range.

Last edited:

King D

King D
BGOL Investor
Took it light today just set up a straddle play on $SNAP earnings. Will look to add more $O tomorrow. It’s sliding and could hit $57. Only thing that has me second guessing buying more $O is Tesla earnings. If there is a negative reaction I want to scoop up a share of Tesla as it comes down. If I can’t get in Tesla I may just go $ARKK instead to make sure I have some exposure.

O is always a good buy. Thats my #1 dividend stock

HellBoy

Platinum Member
I didnt want to give anything back to the market and sat there and watched WEI run up AH. :(

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didnt want to give anything back to the market and sat there and watched WEI run up AH. :(

Yeah! Still working on risk management.
It hard going in on a smaller amount when the bigger amount can return more gains.

It can also lose more too. But who wants to be a loser and think like that...:giggle:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m
Good move on your part!
I hate earnings time.
It's hit or miss it seems on making pre-calls.
I really didn't believe in $SNAP even though everything on the chart said it was gonna break upwards. I wouldn't recommend holding through earnings but I did OTM spreads both ways. I limited my upside but as long as it made a strong move I was gonna win. As far as $TWTR, I was more bullish and playing towards upgraded PTs and the fact that next week was earnings and I would play the run up. I figured it would get sympathy buys if SNAP did well but it really shot up. I'm gonna get out of both at open tomorrow and clean up!

All i need is for $GM to make a big move after tonight's announcement. I hedged a bit more on the bullish side there but have covered both directions.

Last edited:

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Trade watch for today $CF, $SPAQ (day trade only, not adding to my position), $SBE, $NBY, and $VVPR. Debating picking up $SRNE to hold until their next catalyst. They dropped under $8.25 which is pretty much their last support line on my chart before $6.10.

9am Update: $CRSR jumped PM, and $OSTK has some life.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Doubled my money for a little come up on $CHU call options this morning. Off the strength of some earnings news. Second time I've scored watching them..

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doubled my money for a little come up on $CHU call options this morning. Off the strength of some earnings news. Second time I've scored watching them..

Nice! I'm wary about calls or playing bullish on these earning "potentials." I'm a lot more comfortable playing the overbought position on these tickets and playing the eventual downturn as people take profits by end of the day or within a couple of days. Rarely does a stock shoot up 5-15 points and stay at those levels for some significant time.

So far that approach has done well for me...

Scalping on premarket/opening bell and timing my calls at the wrong time has burned me the most.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Nice! I'm wary about calls or playing bullish on these earning "potentials." I'm a lot more comfortable playing the overbought position on these tickets and playing the eventual downturn as people take profits by end of the day or within a couple of days. Rarely does a stock shoot up 5-15 points and stay at those levels for some significant time.

So far that approach has done well for me...

Scalping on premarket/opening bell and timing my calls at the wrong time has burned me the most.

I feel you. I have more confidence in the companies that I'm also investing in long term or have had on my watchlist for a minute. That way I feel better about the price prediction. I was thinking about an $INTC call to try to play of their earnings too, but Ima sit it out this time and let my trades settle properly.

I don't know how you guys do this every day..

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel you. I have more confidence in the companies that I'm also investing in long term or have had on my watchlist for a minute. That way I feel better about the price prediction. I was thinking about an $INTC call to try to play of their earnings too, but Ima sit it out this time and let my trades settle properly.

I don't know how you guys do this every day..

Doing it everyday i think invites more opportunity to take chances and fuck up.
When you have time you tend to "look for things" to get into instead of letting the market come to you.
You start chasing and imagining moves that may come when the price action/reports don't indicate it.

I've been far more successful trading 2-3 days instead of 4-5 days etc.

I think part of it may be emotional trading and having more time.

When you lose that shit sits with you and you immediately want to redeem yourself and likely press on positions leading to even more bad decisions.

tumblr_nhaz7sRnFZ1rm97r4o1_400.gif

When you win you feel like Scarface drugged up on that Yayo...You can't lose and press...

Whereas when you can't trade every day it allows you to sit out after bad decisions and reevaluate or take your winnings and sit-out.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn’t do as great as I would have liked today but added another $75 to the pot. I expected too much out of $GM and jumped out of $SNAP a little too early but other than that no complaints. Bought more $O and started a position in $ARKK for my kid’s long term portfolio.

Only open active positions are cheap $WKHS call spreads for Dec 18th - $20 and $22 strikes and $SPY put spread for the inevitable breakdown of stimulus talks. Up $250 over the last month and a half after being down $350 at the beg of Sept.

I’m being more selective, sticking to the charts, and doing much better at risk management. Just need to stay consistent.

:laptop:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn’t do as great as I would have liked today but added another $75 to the pot. I expected too much out of $GM and jumped out of $SNAP a little too early but other than that no complaints. Bought more $O and started a position in $ARKK for my kid’s long term portfolio.

Only open active positions are cheap $WKHS call spreads for Dec 18th - $20 and $22 strikes and $SPY put spread for the inevitable breakdown of stimulus talks. Up $250 over the last month and a half after being down $350 at the beg of Sept.

I’m being more selective, sticking to the charts, and doing much better at risk management. Just need to stay consistent.

:laptop:

Risk managment is a big ass deal! If you can't put your emotions in check and trade based off strict rules that must include strict risk management plays then you're going to lose in the market.

Nothing more fustrating than being up and giving it all and some back over greed plays.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Looking to scalp SPAQ and DPHC today. CRSR has been amazing the last few days.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
SPY put spread in full effect if no stimulus. Tech gonna drag things down so may offer good entry into some earnings next week. Keeping and eye on APPL, PINS and AMD for a dip to buy for a option ending either 10/30 or 11/6

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm convinced $SNAP is from hell.....BURNED...
How the hell does a stock make an almost 20 point move and not fall?
In this market?

Spawn of Satan!

:smh: