Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$AMD with the okie doke... Reporting earnings at 5am rather than the reported 5 pm. Strong earnings quarter (actually, record quarter...?) Down because of the merger news with Xilinx for 30B. Still holding this until the wheels fall off.
They threw me on that one too. Had the whole play set for afternoon release and got flustered when folks told me what happened. Listened to some discord folks and probably jumped out prematurely. Plan got all jacked. Likely would have taken a loss either way but maybe a smaller one had I held. I'm out now and only holding PINS and SNAP. Figured if PINS pops off SNAP might get a tiny sympathy jolt as well to cover my position. Sold off AAPL. Could have held a little longer but took my 20% and walked away when it went over $117.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
it dropped cause AMD is overpaying by about 10%

Let's not try and act like the market actually makes sense at this juncture.
Is $SNAP worth the gains it's made and still holding since earning report?
Ofcourse not....The same can be said with other moves up and down.
A lot fo this stuff is based on over/underreaction and manipualtion.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Kinda boring today. Looking to unload SPAQ tomorrow. Let's hope it gets a nice pop.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kinda boring today. Looking to unload SPAQ tomorrow. Let's hope it gets a nice pop.

Lol, I watched $SNAP drop drop drop and as soon as it hit $40.90 it bounced "instantly" to almost $42 with damn near no volume?
Brah! Sec needs to look into these crooks. These big institutions refuse to let our puts eat.
They never teach you this part of the game in investing 101. :smh:

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Lol, I watched $SNAP drop drop drop and as soon as it hit $40.90 it bounced "instantly" to almost $42 with damn near no volume?
Brah! Sec needs to look into these crooks. These big institutions refuse to let our puts eat.
They never teach you this part of the game in investing 101. :smh:
I'm ok (for now) since my SNAP play doesn't expire til next Friday. As long as it drops a bit daily, then hopefully next Tuesday it drops even more.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had 2,000 shares of SNMP that I sold on the 19th.
Wish I would have held and kept swinging those shares.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm ok (for now) since my SNAP play doesn't expire til next Friday. As long as it drops a bit daily, then hopefully next Tuesday it drops even more.
I dunno I kept thinking that about Pinterest last earnings and it never really came back. I don't know that we see this big drop from SNAP below $40 but I've been wrong plenty of times.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
When you can fully grasp this concept, you see way more gains than losses.

Take your gains, reset, and repeat.

but it is painful when you walk away and realize you left more money on the table. i left about 300k on the table last year by selling my arwr options too early. i think about all the things i coulda done with that money. student loans would be gone. mortgage would be gone. i would be a free man

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but it is painful when you walk away and realize you left more money on the table. i left about 300k on the table last year by selling my arwr options too early. i think about all the things i coulda done with that money. student loans would be gone. mortgage would be gone. i would be a free man

Man...Look! Take your profits ASAP. It sucks being in the red. Especially when trading options! Better to take your $500 gain ins rad of getting greedy and being down $3k.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man...Look! Take your profits ASAP. It sucks being in the red. Especially when trading options! Better to take your $500 gain ins rad of getting greedy and being down $3k.
Yea if I have an option I’d rather learn by leaving money on the table and improve next time then to take a massive loss because of something I could have easily avoided

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Promotion that popped up for WeBull capital raise:

60 free stocks for any deposit of $250k or more.

not limited to brokerage accounts but you can also add IRAs.

brothas better take advantage of this!

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$PINS does it again! After kicking my ass last earnings I learned not don’t bet against it and always have a hedge at earnings no matter what. I just hedged more bullish with my strangle option spread and now that shit took off smashing all earnings estimates. If guidance is good it should stay above $60. Bought weeklies this time so value should jump faster.

:money:

Last edited:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$PINS does it again! After kicking my ass last earnings I learned not to beat against it and also to not have a hedge no matter what at earnings. I just edged more bullish with my strangle option spread and now that shit took off smashing all earnings estimates. If guidance is good it should stay above $60. Bought weeklies this time so value should jump faster.

Congrats! You mentioned it and you played it. After getting burned on $AMD I wasn’t playing anymore earning reports this week. Let’s see if it holds tomorrow.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
$PINS does it again! After kicking my ass last earnings I learned not to beat against it and also to not have a hedge no matter what at earnings. I just edged more bullish with my strangle option spread and now that shit took off smashing all earnings estimates. If guidance is good it should stay above $60. Bought weeklies this time so value should jump faster.

Nice work.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Lol..maybe i'm too old to understand some of these social media companies. But what the hell value does Pinterest add to anything?
My wife and I were talking about Pinterest last night. Neither of us understand their angle. I used them for SE placements, but I never understood how they made money.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My wife and I were talking about Pinterest last night. Neither of us understand their angle. I used them for SE placements, but I never understood how they made money.

What's crazy is $PINS earning reports aren't really that spectacular. Especially when compared to other reports this week in which others had bigger gains and the stock still tanked.

Lol...I honestly don't understand these earnings and the reactions afterwards.

$AMD had positive reports AND they bought a company to further their foothold in that sector and their stock tanked afterwards.

:lol:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's crazy is $PINS earning reports aren't really that spectacular. Especially when compared to other reports this week in which others had bigger gains and the stock still tanked.

Lol...I honestly don't understand these earnings and the reactions afterwards.

$AMD had positive reports AND they bought a company to further their foothold in that sector and their stock tanked afterwards.

:lol:
I think it’s about expectations and guidance more so than the actual results. PINS beat all estimates by a lot meaning they just did way better than everyone expected plus they said sales for Q4 should grow. If you say that and your numbers back it up then it’s takeoff time.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ad revenue and increased user base to sell and communicate things to regularly. That’s really valuable to businesses if you have a built in audience that you really understand well and know how to target. Pins probably got mad data on users etc. I’m assuming they sell stuff to users but I fucking have no clue. The first time they had earnings I was like how the hell will Pinterest do well in Covid like what do they even do. Then it gapped up on me. I was like :eek2: and my money was gone in a flash. Not today!

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Congrats! You mentioned it and you played it. After getting burned on $AMD I wasn’t playing anymore earning reports this week. Let’s see if it holds tomorrow.
I’m testing out different option strangle strategies to see which setup works best for earnings. For SNAP earnings my expiration dates were too far out so I didn’t see as much money movement as I anticipated and I sold too early because there was so much time left on the options I wasn’t confident that the price would hold or increase. I also realized that I played it neutral when I actually leaned more bullish and just wanted to cover in case things went wrong.

This week if I am bullish I’m increasing my position on the call side while still keeping enough of a put position to cover my initial investment. Vice versa if I’m playing the downside. That is giving me more profit if it goes in the direction I’m leaning and basically a net zero if it doesn’t. I also chose options expiring the week of earnings if they release Mon-Wed and pick the expiry date the following week if they release Thurs or Friday. That gives me some time for price adjustments but it’s tight enough that prices will hold and options will be much more valuable. We will see how this plays out tomorrow.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jumped back in AMD too. It didn’t move enough during its earnings and I lost money on both sides. That’s the risk you take but I made it up on AAPL. Now I’m back in AAPL and TWTR for tomorrow’s earnings.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m testing out different option strangle strategies to see which setup works best. For SNAP earnings my expiration dates were too far out so I didn’t see as much immediate money movement as I anticipated and I sold early because there was so much time I wasn’t sure if the price would hold. I also realized that I played it neutral when I actually leaned more bullish and just wanted to cover in case it went wrong.

This week if I am bullish I’m increasing my position on the calls but still keeping enough of a put position to cover my initial investment. Vice versa if I’m playing the downside.That is giving me more profit if it goes in the direction I’m leaning. We will see how this plays out tomorrow.

Any feel for $FB come thursday?

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seems like Social Media is the move for earnings right now. I would assume it’s gonna follow the trend but them $FB spreads are too rich for me.

Too rich? You big money this week will all those wins. I know $PINS gains has you thinking about early retirement from the game! :lol:
We'll see man..have a call play for FB expires friday!

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I built out a nice position in UPS, you are correct, UPS dividend is killing, it costs less as well. Check It out. Cant lose with either one.
Yep, both are easy money. I’m in EV, tech and logistics. Just sitting out until elections end now to see what will move but come December, I’m going to be mr. short sell like @Tito_Jackson is mr. options.

In logistics, I’m looking for small cap companies now that will benefit (e.g tracking software, digital personalization features, last mile delivery optimization routes) Both $FDX and $AMZN are struggling with last mile delivery.

Solve that problem and you’ll be a billionaire.