Anthony Bourdain is Dead

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Brother

Callous and dismissive feelings from black men towards white men are the best white men could hope for in the system they've created here

Word to mills lane

But hey I get what you're saying

You know I’m not in here caping for cacs, sj. I just know that the general cavalier attitude that we have towards depression negatively impacts us as well.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I think what Jagu is saying is that white men commit suicide at a much higher rate, yet have all the advantages in society.

Anthony was an ex junkie that ended up on CNN. Andrew Zimmer was sucking dick in alleys for cash and has his own tv show.

There is always a way out if you're white. Yet for some reason they seem to want to end it.
Damn, my nigga Andrew really has tasted everything lol I knew he said he used to steal purses and squat in abandoned buildings but I didn't know he was outchea like that

Niggas is wilding lol

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You’re a very intelligent brother so it’s surprising to hear you say this. Depression affects every race, creed or color. Black men are affected by depression and have committed suicide due to it. So it has nothing to due with “the weakness of the mind”. This attitude is one of the reasons why depression in our community goes unchecked and rears its ugly head in other ways. Rather it be self-medication, violence, or some other negative form.
Thanks for your low key insult. But I don’t usually take a small minded view on life.
Here’s the thing. They have more resources available to them, better health care, they also tout the fact that they don’t come from broken homes like Blacks do, they claim to have more wealth than we do , yet they tend to kill themselves more.
Again, look at the stats.

Last edited:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Peace,

Didn’t say it wasn’t a problem for them. I said it wasn’t just them, and we ignore mental illness/depression in the black community at our own peril.
But it IS MOSTLY them.

It is overwhelming them.

It us inexplicably them.

And whatever problems we have, it does not negate the fact that for ever 1 suicide in our community there are more than 10 of them.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You’re a very intelligent brother so it’s surprising to hear you say this. Depression affects every race, creed or color. Black men are affected by depression and have committed suicide due to it. So it has nothing to due with “the weakness of the mind”. This attitude is one of the reasons why depression in our community goes unchecked and rears its ugly head in other ways. Rather it be self-medication, violence, or some other negative form.
Thanks for your low key insult. But I don’t usually take a small minded view on life.
Here’s the thing. They have more resources available to them, better health care, they also tout the fact that they don’t come from broken homes like Blacks do, they claim to have more wealth than we he do , yet they tend to kill themselves more.
Peace,

You look at them:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/wr/mm6714a6.htm

Like I said, it’s not just them and it’s foolish to suggest otherwise.
its more foolish to think I don’t know that other races commit suicide. See above.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor

1000% This.

We need to constantly assess our environments because that's what's causing this mental pain.

If you're not assessing EVERYTHING, and coming to terms with it, and medicating with drugs and alcohol or whatever your vice may be, it will back up on you.

We live in an extremely sick society.

Time to acknowledge that every moment of the day if we're ever gonna come out the other side alive.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sorry bruh, but 80% of suicides in that age range are white men. It is an epidemic, and they tend to do it without any indication of anxiety, depression, or any other type of mental/emotional disorder.

They probably do show symptoms but largely ignored. Society don't want to hear about men's problems, especially White men. And I'm going to say the numbers for Black people are off because we don't want to admit it and claim it as something else. You always hear people saying to Give it to God instead of actually seeing professional help.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
There's alotta people talking about "advantages" and "money." That's NOT the key to living happy and is very telling about the mindset we've been indoctrinated to.

That very mindset of advantages/money >> soul, is what will take you down that road of self destruction.

CLEARLY advantages & money aren't the answer which is why we're having this discussion in the first place.

It's so much more than that.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
But it IS MOSTLY them.

It is overwhelming them.

It us inexplicably them.

And whatever problems we have, it does not negate the fact that for ever 1 suicide in our community there are more than 10 of them.
I stood inside a slave ship museum exhibit yesterday with my daughter fighting tears as I tried to explain what we were put through and that we are still targets for evil and there's no real reason for it other than the people targeting us are fucked up in the head. Then I explained how strong we are to have dealt with and still deal with it the way we do, and that is a point of pride to be a member of the strongest group of people on the planet.

My sympathy just runs low for the oppressor. I know Anthony Bourdain didn't do shit to me, but ijs.

They are literally fucking themselves and the rest of the world up at an astounding rate.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Things happen in 3's I predict another Celeb will kill themselves soon

Last edited:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
They probably do show symptoms but largely ignored. Society don't want to hear about men's problems, especially White men. And I'm going to say the numbers for Black people are off because we don't want to admit it and claim it as something else. You always hear people saying to Give it to God instead of actually seeing professional help.
We don't get to tell pathologists or coroners what to write down though

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Here’s the thing. They have more resources available to them, better health care, they also tout the fact that they don’t come from broken homes like Blacks do, they claim to have more wealth than we he do , yet they tend to kill themselves more.

its more foolish to think I don’t know that other races commit suicide. See above.

Not trying to insult you, bruh.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man it has nothing to do with selfishness. When someone is battling depression, they are not in a normal state of mind. In that moment they are trying to escape whatever it is that is tormenting them. No one wants to leave their kids and family.

I get that. Here's the difference. Most Black people knew and like Bourdain, so he is even getting a pass from us. When some CAC offs himself and no one knows him, we all say that CAC are soft and can't handle shit. I get what depression is. I still don't give anyone a pass for killing themselves. It's the easy way out.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Life is extremely complicated in today' world. So much pressure is put on us to live and MAINTAIN. But what are we maintaining? That's why I tend to look at life in a very dark way.

Pain and suffering. Death. Mental anguish, self-destruction, and mythologies we create. The boundary line we draw to keep us secure.

At first, I thought happiness was something to seek, but as I grow and see people I love suffer and/or die (for various reasons or no reason at all), I realized that happiness is only a temporary thing. Something that can last for the moment. Most of the time we manifest happiness to cloud the pain we are going through emotionally.

Society has trained many people to seek this euphoric feeling as it make us impulsive. Gives us that adrenaline to keep going. A reason to live and love life. Even used as a big marketing strategy to sell us shit.

Everyone is going through their own struggle. There exist not a single human that isn't dealing with something or someone that takes a toll on them mentally and sometime physically.

Yes, mental illness is an unchecked issue in the Black community. We have a tendency to pretend like it doesn't exist the same way it does with white folks. Probably because we think that since we suffered greatly and DEALT with the atrocities of racism for such a long period of time that we can overcome any mental illness by just 'getting over it.' But it's so many other things other than that, which includes the shit we do to each other.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Sorry bruh, but 80% of suicides in that age range are white men. It is an epidemic, and they tend to do it without any indication of anxiety, depression, or any other type of mental/emotional disorder.
You talking raw numbers or as a function of total population by ethnicity?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Man it has nothing to do with selfishness. When someone is battling depression, they are not in a normal state of mind. In that moment they are trying to escape whatever it is that is tormenting them. No one wants to leave their kids and family.
Yeah, you could say my drinkin and behavior was on that path when I got out service.

I just wanted to sleep.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all brothers stay up!

This place can be a cruel place but know that if you are in a space like this reach out to someone even if it is BGOL.

LIL Duval said some realness there, as I get older you have some dreams deferred and have to learn to deal with that and find solace in what is real in life.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Correct. We're all subject to this sick society and interpretation of "life." From the manicured suburbs and streets and to the faux financial system, to the mirage and wealth and fame, were all subject to the bs everyday.

Some can handle it and some can't unfortunately.

I questioned the speed of that assessment as well.

Something about this feels off, but idk.

Why are you in this thread?

Pills, hanging or gunshot. The walked in the room and saw...

That's what I'm sayin DJ they sure running with the suicide narrative with the quickness

What happened to let's wait before jumping to conclusions..

At Picasso yea but all those things could be manipulated to make it look like a suicide

I ain't sayin it aint a suicide I'm just sayin

Theyeadin with that narrative real quick before the investigation even concluded

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's what I'm sayin DJ they sure running with the suicide narrative with the quickness

What happened to let's wait before jumping to conclusions..

At Picasso yea but all those things could be manipulated to make it look like a suicide

I ain't sayin it aint a suicide I'm just sayin

Theyeadin with that narrative real quick before the investigation even concluded

I feel you but just like with Kate Spade. They saw the scarf and her neck and said, “She killed herself”. Probably the same type of scenario.

I could be wrong.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, you could say my drinkin and behavior was on that path when I got out service.

I just wanted to sleep.

Many of my students are military vets, so I get to spend a great deal of time talking with them about their struggles.

I’ve had one to commit suicide and another attempt on campus. I was just talking with him on Wednesday about his struggles. We had a great conversation and it was good to see that he is in a better place. Amazing the shit yall have to deal with coming back to society.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
You talking raw numbers or as a function of total population by ethnicity?
Rates of suicide are broken down by race per year.

Black women have the lowest rates among all suicides in 2016.

Black men have the second lowest rates among all suicides during the same period.

White men kill themselves so much that they've caused gun violence rates to skyrocket, bring male and white has been declared a health risk among them, they've lowered their life expectancy, and have fallen below replacement level birth rates in 18 states.

The 10th highest cause of death in the US is suicide. It ain't us doing that to the US.

Peep, if you're white, male, have less than a college degree and hit 40, you've got a 1 in 6000 chance you're gonna off yourself.

That might not sound like a lot, but that equals 93 white dudes EVERY DAY.

See why they so damn crazy in politics right now?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel you but just like with Kate Spade. They saw the scarf and her neck and said, “She killed herself”. Probably the same type of scenario.

I could be wrong.

you could be right too... Im just sayin like when a bruh gets shot by a piglice officer...

folks are so quick to say lets wait till the facts come out..

Im wondering why they dont say the same thing in these situations....

I know suicide is a mental illness, but its like dude was living the dream, traveling all over the world... gettin paid big money to do it,

had fame, prestige... and yet he was allegedly still depressed enough to kill himself...

and you got folks living paycheck to paycheck.. aint never left the country.. few people know their name.

yet they are happy as fuck and got a zest for living..

life is really weird like that sometimes